PDA

View Full Version : Nice comments from strangers

JiveTurkeyOnRye
01-20-2010, 04:09 PM
I was getting my hair cut today and my stylist was running late (I ended up leaving and going to another girl who also cuts it for me sometimes) and there was a lady waiting while her daughter was getting her hair cut by another stylist. I was wearing a short black pleated skirt with black tights and some grey boots, but was presenting as male as that's my typical style. She was a middle aged woman and I thought it might have been a bit tense but she actually just smiled at me and asked me if I was cold today and I said I wasn't cause of the tights and she said she only liked skirts when it was warm outside. She then said, "You don't see too many men wearing skirts" and I said "Yeah, I know, but I like them." and she just said "It makes sense, they're really comfortable." then she also said it was nice that I had the confidence and courage to wear them because I looked good in mine.

I also had several girls at the mall I went to before getting the hair cut tell me they liked my boots. I had actually worn a different outfit, also a skirt, when I left my house but changed into the one I had on when I bought it at Forever 21 because I liked it better. When I tried it on, I came out of my dressing room stall and was looking at myself in the big mirror and I asked the salesgirl if it looked too catholic schoolgirl, she said "No, actually it looks super hot."

I was sold.

Nicole Erin
01-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Awesome you could do that :D

I am kind of curious about the boots though. I wanna see. :)

I don't know what it is but even if I am presenting totally en femme, I get nervous about wearing a skirt. I guess cause my hot legs would draw men's attention.

Tomara
01-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Hi and congratulations , it is always great to hear positive and supportive comments from people you do or don't know.
Tomara

Frédérique
01-20-2010, 06:01 PM
She then said, "You don't see too many men wearing skirts" and I said "Yeah, I know, but I like them." and she just said "It makes sense, they're really comfortable."

Sounds like the barriers are coming down in your little slice of Ohio. :) If only everyone would realize that there may be an innocent, common sense reason for wearing a skirt, so no further discussion (accompanied by spurious thoughts) would be required. Of course, for some of us, the skirt is the most visible and revealing “flag” that hints at a hidden feminine agenda. Is there more to this person? The answer is YES (if I may be so bold), and you’re only getting a glimpse* of a really, really, really interesting individual…:battingeyelashes:
*I’d like to say you’re only seeing the tip of a pink iceberg, but that phrase just doesn’t work!

When I tried it on, I came out of my dressing room stall and was looking at myself in the big mirror and I asked the salesgirl if it looked too catholic schoolgirl, she said "No, actually it looks super hot."

I wonder what it takes to cross the line and become TOO Catholic schoolgirl. I like to “skirt” near the edge of that boundary, myself…:heehee:

sherri52
01-20-2010, 08:02 PM
I'm glad you got the compliments, I have to be completely enfemme if I wear a skirt.

Alice Torn
01-20-2010, 09:03 PM
You got more nerve than me! I would only wear women's clothes fully, with wig.

sissystephanie
01-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Ryan, since my dear wife passed away almost 5 years ago, I now go out all the time dressed but with no wig and no makeup. She did all that for me for many years.

I have had many nice compliments on my skirts, etc. over the last few years. Of course I have also had some had some not very nice comments made! Some people just can't seem to keep their mouths shut! I just ignore the bad comments and thank people for the good ones. Although I do wear ladies jeans, sorry Karren, I also love to wear skirts!!

aggi123
01-20-2010, 10:06 PM
If you were dressed like your avatar, I think you look AWESOME. That style is totally rockin'

JiveTurkeyOnRye
01-21-2010, 01:06 AM
If you were dressed like your avatar, I think you look AWESOME. That style is totally rockin'

I was, and thank you!

Update on this too, I went to my weekly stand up show tonight with this outfit on, which wasn't earthshattering because I've come out there and have been doing material about it for months and worn skirts there on multiple occasions, but tonight I added a new detail: Eyeliner. I went to the mall before the show and stopped into Sephora and had the girl do my liner for me and then I bought a pencil. Not a bad reaction, people definitely commented on it, mostly just asking me if I was indeed wearing it.