PDA

View Full Version : New heels

Tina L.
01-21-2010, 07:53 AM
After six week of waiting to wear my new heels this sat. well i injured my knee. One of the cl's or ligaments so now the wait goes on, and for first time in heels i have to wait.

DonnaT
01-21-2010, 08:21 AM
Sorry to hear that.

Let it heal, so don't be too anxious to wear the heels later.

JOJO44
01-21-2010, 08:50 AM
gotta heal for a heel.

hmmmm, sounds almost like a bad pun, soorrrrrry

Love,
Jo

Joanie_Shakti
01-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Sorry to hear that Tina. It sucks to have to wait again for something you've already been waiting for. I just got a new pair of T-strap sandals in the mail yesterday, which I had ordered two weeks ago. They are a size 10 and I usually wear an 11. But I can often fit in size 10 sandals, so I took a chance. I didn't have them for a half hour when I pulled the strap out from trying to slip them on while buckled. :sad: I knew better because of the size, but tried anyway.

Now I had a decision, take them to the cobbler, where it would probably be another week before I got to wear them, or try to fix them myself, taking the chance on ruining them completely. The thread holding the strap in is what broke. I figured that glue wouldn't work well, so I got a thread and needle. With the intent of using the existing needle holes, I sewed back on the strap. Didn't always make the hole alignment perfectly and the thread is a bit lighter than the original color, but the repair serves my purpose and I got to wear them last night (and right now as I type this).

Wishing you a quick recovery!