PDA

View Full Version : We Girls.

Sophia Rearen
08-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Having joined this forum recently, I've noticed, it's funny how we talk about our gender. When we call ourselves girls, ladies, women, feminine, etc. does it kind of feel strange? I know when I do , it does. Don't get me wrong, I like it. But, in guy mode and everyday living I do think about it. Do you ever think about it in guy mode? When you talk like this do you get the feeling that you have a split personality or do you think it's quite normal and cool to express this side of yourself?

Sherlyn
08-05-2005, 08:19 PM
Never has it crossed my mind ..just seems normal ...I spose if you called me.. HIM MISTER or Sir..while dressed... it would be upsetting ..However in guy mode I never really have thought about it...guess I will now ...lol :)

Jamie_will_do
08-05-2005, 08:39 PM
I'm also a recent joiner to the forum, and yes, I too find it slightly strange refering to myself (but not others) as a girl or a lady.

I certainly don't, however, feel it's a split personality thing. Moving from introducing my other half as 'partner' or 'girlfriend' to 'wife' was weird at first as well. (Actually, in a moment of forgetfulness it led to me once introducing her as "my first wife", which went down like a lead balloon. :) We were, and still are, happily married.)

You/we will just get used to it, I think.

Jamie xx

StephanieCD
08-05-2005, 09:14 PM
It was extremely weird for me when I first joined. In principal I think it's still "odd". But I played along out of respect, like when I had a TG friend who preferred "she".

But I've come to realize that, for me anyway, it's part of the role-playing of coming here. Even if I'm scruffy and smelly and male I can come here and feel girly. There are those of us who are planning on having our gender reassigned and then there are those of us who just like girly clothes for whatever reason... either way it's fun to be girly for a little while.

(if you prefer "he" I suggest you put it in your profile/sig - we'll all respect that, I'm sure)

Priscilla1018
08-05-2005, 09:23 PM
For me it definately is two personalities,I have learned to accept myself as having two personalities at first it seemed strange,not anymore.Although sometimes he gets out and runs amok,we try not to let that happen anymore.

Tristen Cox
08-05-2005, 09:43 PM
I think I mentioned this somewheres but I'll be damned if I remember what I said. Strangely I find it just natural to call and be called she(or by name) by friends even if we happen to be speaking in voice instead of text. I like it honestly. One more little thing I got back from being here. :)

Rachel Morley
08-05-2005, 10:04 PM
I remember thinking that it was a bit weird when it first started happening, she...her...etc and this was about me. But now I'm used to it and I prefer it.

Even though I am a biological male (obviously!) I don't really like the way guys are and I prefer not to be one of them, so being referred to as a girl with pronouns like "she" and "her" seems totally ok to me.

LaceLuvr
08-05-2005, 10:24 PM
well personally i don't think of myself as a "she" even when dressed (i wear lingerie i don't fully dress though) I'm just a guy who enjoys the comfort of lingerie and such. I don't usually get along with the typical male though I prefer women or open minded guys (such as are here) but in a place such as this being refered to as a girl, woman or such doesn't bother me in the slightest as i suppose it does just come naturally to most when refering to wonderful people such as us :) besides even though i consider myself 100% male (even if a little off from the typical norm) I definetly relate better with women and am probably more like women than I am like most guys.

Lace and Hugs to all :)

emmicd
08-05-2005, 11:03 PM
It never really crossed my mind. It's just how we address each other. If we are on a forum for mtf crossdressers I guess it is appropriate to address each other as girls and express our feminine side.

I remember Marla raised a point similar to this on how she feels in addressing her husband Angel who is also a crossdresser and how she should address the community here. She is very supportive of her husband as well as the community and all the girls here are very supportive of each other.

Emmi

Sweet Jeanette
08-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Having joined this forum recently, I've noticed, it's funny how we talk about our gender. When we call ourselves girls, ladies, women, feminine, etc. does it kind of feel strange? I know when I do , it does. Don't get me wrong, I like it. But, in guy mode and everyday living I do think about it. Do you ever think about it in guy mode? When you talk like this do you get the feeling that you have a split personality or do you think it's quite normal and cool to express this side of yourself?

No, It doe's not feel strange to me.---I can relate to this bunch here, more than I can,--ANY of the males I work with!!!---I look at myself as a girl, and I am, inside. ---When I am, (in guy mode) as you call it, All I can think about is getting home after work and switching to the person I Really want to be!!!--------And, --NO!-I do not have a split personality. ---I feel very good expressing my female side,---to my wife, and whoever is willing and (CD friendly) to tolerate me!------Don't get me wrong, but you sound like you are doubting yourself.

FionaAlexis
08-06-2005, 12:31 AM
I do know what you mean Sophia - but it's like second nature to me now. I think the 'net gives me the opportunity to develop and run with a female id - which, in turn, strengthens my self image. But even in the pre-'net days I was communicating in other ways as a female.

Its a bit like when you first select your femme name - it takes a while for you to get used to it. People will say it and it doesn't register.

The real problem is - as I have discovered - when you inadvertantly sign off your male mode communications with your femme name!!

Fiona xx

Sweet Jeanette
08-06-2005, 12:32 AM
Even though I am a biological male (obviously!) I don't really like the way guys are and I prefer not to be one of them, so being referred to as a girl with pronouns like "she" and "her" seems totally ok to me.

I don't like the way men, today act, and what they do, etc. ---I don't do anything with guys either. Their interests are not mine, But,---I DO like to Barbeque though!!! :D ---And, I Sure Wish, that someone outside of my wife, would refer to me as "Jeanette"!----(Jeanette is my girl name).

Clare
08-06-2005, 12:56 AM
It's just natural for me.

I don't see a distinction between 'him and her' in the sense that i'm two personalities. I communicate via the same brain despite the type of clothes i'm wearing.

In the real world, drab or not, i'd answer to 'miss' as much as 'mr' without any thought. I guess its because i'm developing more self acceptance of myself (but - I still have a long way to go!).

Christine

Sophia Rearen
08-06-2005, 05:33 AM
[QUOTE=Don't get me wrong, but you sound like you are doubting yourself.[/QUOTE]
Miss Lust,
No, I'm not doubting myself. Like the other girls have said, it might just take some getting used to. I enjoy this side of me, however, I've been a guy for 99% of my life. I'm working on reducing that percentage! I was just throwing the questions out here.
Thanks,

RachelDenise
08-06-2005, 06:51 AM
I don't feel it strange to refer to myself with fem pronouns or such, but when in male mode I certainly don't use the male ones intentionally. Using fem speak seems natural and part of me and has for many years. I like the distinction in my life that separates Rachel from that other guy!

Wendy me
08-06-2005, 07:13 AM
not strange to me at all see when i talk to my sisters here or on yahoo or by phone or in person i see and hear my sisters , ok sometimes we get stuck in the "him" mode but
what ever mode your in to hear a sister call you by your fem name is something so nice
....the phone rings you answer hello you hear hi wendy this is ...... some one sees and thinks of you as your fem side..then all is right with the world.......

FionaAlexis
08-06-2005, 07:31 AM
Transgender Forums Rule 101 - Never question members inherent femininity.

If I posted a scientific report stating that females scratch their backsides no more than 5 times a day. And asked - How many times do you scratch your backside? I doubt I'd get too many responses more than 5.

Or am I just too cynical.

Fiona xx

Tristen Cox
08-06-2005, 10:41 AM
Transgender Forums Rule 101 - Never question members inherent femininity.

If I posted a scientific report stating that females scratch their backsides no more than 5 times a day. And asked - How many times do you scratch your backside? I doubt I'd get too many responses more than 5.

Or am I just too cynical.

Fiona xx
Hee hee, if you posted that here you might be surprised how many responses you got:D

karen marie
08-06-2005, 11:06 AM
i have to admit,it feels just natural to me to refer to myself as a
girl.i really don't give it any thought.
hugs,karen..

Tiffy
08-06-2005, 12:00 PM
Been doing it so long that it feels normal. But the differnet sides of me are really differnet people. Each has their own gender.

Kisses, April

joni-alice
08-06-2005, 12:52 PM
i figure if im in a skirt, it would be unnatural to say anything else

FionaAlexis
08-06-2005, 08:26 PM
Hee hee, if you posted that here you might be surprised how many responses you got:D

Mmmmm? I doubt that. I have no illusions or delusions. Fiona xx