PDA

View Full Version : ALMOST outed myself, just gotta laugh

Bailey_in_Mansfield
01-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Haha, that could have been embarrassing... Not even a minute ago, I nearly outed myself to my parents because I heard the name "Bailey" called from the other room, and came damn close to answering to it, haha.

Apparently, though, it was only because Dad asked Mom what she wanted to drink, and she was in the other room...and she called out, "Bailey's." :P

PretzelGirl
01-21-2010, 10:43 PM
I think that is one of those things that we have to always be careful of. I am not really used to anyone calling me Sue as it mostly is just used here. But I have a cousin named Sue and have friended her on Facebook. There certainly have been times when reading comments when my fingers jumped to the ready before I realized what I was doing. Just one of those topics we need to add to "Crossdresser's Boot Camp".

sherri52
01-21-2010, 10:45 PM
It was close but I think you would have gotten out of it quickly enough

abigailf
01-21-2010, 10:52 PM
A friend of mine who does graphic design sent an email to a group of his friends (me included) asking us to test a website. So, wanting to help I went to the site and took a snapshot of it and was about to send my response with the snapshot to the group. Just before sending I realized that the snapshot of the IE8 window had multiple tabs, one of which was the website I was testing and the others were all crossdressers.com.

I would have had fun trying to explain that one.

Joanie_Shakti
01-21-2010, 11:38 PM
I have an email GG friend who knows about my dressing and we often exchange emails about it. I have to be extremely careful, check and double check, when I pick out her address. She has the first name as my best friend's wife, and they are right next to each other in the address book. I would be a bit embarassed if I wrote my friend's wife about my latest dress or shoes instead of my "penpal." :confused2:

lavistaa62
01-22-2010, 10:25 AM
That's one of the things about CD.com- it's iconography is pretty glam/garish and I'm sometimes concerned that it's overly easy to recognize even from a distance. Sometimes I'd like to read it on my phone when I'm traveling and such but it's so loud in it's presentation that I don't dare to. Not a stealth web site for sure.

suit
01-22-2010, 10:39 AM
I would be a bit embarassed if I wrote my friend's wife about my latest dress or shoes instead of my "penpal."
I use aol for mail and one good thing about it is , I can save conmtacts as anything i want and it does not get mailed as such so it easy to keep lists seprateed

Laura Evans
01-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Yes, Bailey, that was a close call. Keep your guard up.

Sarah Doepner
01-22-2010, 10:58 AM
It would have called for some quick thinking but knowing how "off the grid" we can be, you may have ended up sharing a drink with Dad instead of outting yourself.

Karren H
01-22-2010, 07:39 PM
Our last secretary was Karen... I was always turning around when someone yelld her name down the hall...

kimdl93
01-26-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm lucky - my given name is Kim. I always kidded my Mom about wanting another daughter!

Teri Jean
01-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Kim I'm with you my real name is Terry so Teri works best and Jean is my middle name (Gene). I also teased my parents about wanting a girl. Funny thing is my sister is only ten months younger. You think? LOL

Teri