PDA

View Full Version : thinkin of quitting!

samantha78
08-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Hello everyone,
I know its been a long time since I posted but i figured I would. I have been a long time crossdresser, since I was 14! Even though I enjoy it and do go out enfemme, I am thinking of quitting!! The thrill and fun is still there, I am just at an impass of some personal problems and don't know what to do! Has any one else ever had this problem and these thoughts?? I guess I just dunno what to do!

Samantha

StephanieCD
08-05-2005, 09:11 PM
We've all (most of us) been there. I'd give you the same advice I gave another a few weeks ago. If you don't know what to do - DON'T PURGE. Put your things in a TEMPORARY place - like a storage garage. And then do your sorting out. I can say from my experience that I've made it as far as a year and a half or so... but it was a struggle and in the end I had to give in. There's nothing that can replace this feeling, whatever it is.

Life sometimes throws us more important curve balls - but after we deal with them we're still who we are. Deal with life but don't forget to take care of you, too.

samantha78
08-05-2005, 09:25 PM
I am getting married again in December, and my fiancee is fine with all this, its just that she had a mental break down and has been at her parents house for the last month. i don't feel as if i want to quit cause of her........I just don't know what this feeling is that I have inside!
It maybe lonlyness, I don;t know, but its been a month since i have seen her

Samantha

Tristen Cox
08-05-2005, 09:50 PM
The thrill is something you get when you start, like anything you get used to it. Sometimes even find it a burden and that's when it's time to take a break. Not quit just put it to the side and do other things, take care of business etc.. It will come back to you and you'll want to continue again, but take a deep breath and relax, don't force yourself. And by all means never purge, it's too expensive later to get those things back. Put 'em away for now - you'll want them later;)

PS: good to see you again Sam :hugs:

LaceLuvr
08-05-2005, 09:57 PM
I first would like to say I'm very sorry to hear about the breakdown and honestly hope that things turn out well for you both.

As for the quitting I don't know just how much help I can be but I definetly think that you shouldn't just give it all up at once, maybe store everything for awhile to give yourself time to think about it. I am a little bit younger but if I have learned one thing you cannot deny who you truly are or you will end up with too many regrets. If after thinking it over you decide that this is a part of your life that has come to a close then at least you will know for sure that it is a decision you are not making in haste.

I have come close to quitting a few times myself... usually after being alone for awhile and knowing how hard it is to find an understanding woman in this area, but things always end up the same way. I live with a constant depression that I barely manage to keep at bay but anytime I try to quit and deny who I am then there is nothing that helps anymore and I sink into very bad depressive states.

I will now quit my rambling as it's probably not making much sense but in short I guess what I'm trying to say is stay true to yourself no matter what that may mean. Whether your decision is to quit or continue I would just like to say that I am more than willing to be around if you would like someone to talk to or vent to as I'm sure a lot of others on the site would be too. I'm very reachable by email or by messenger if you would like to contact me.

Hang in there and best wishes for you and yours

Lace

Jesse69
08-05-2005, 09:57 PM
Hello everyone,
I know its been a long time since I posted but i figured I would. I have been a long time crossdresser, since I was 14! Even though I enjoy it and do go out enfemme, I am thinking of quitting!! The thrill and fun is still there, I am just at an impass of some personal problems and don't know what to do! Has any one else ever had this problem and these thoughts?? I guess I just dunno what to do!

Samantha

I think about quitting all the time. If only God would bless me with a good career job or wealth and a beautiful wife I would quit or crossdress less often / try to suppress the urge to crossdress. I love seeing beautiful women in career suits and I have a fetish for wearing career suits too! Like I think I have 33 suits by now, so if I quit I won't purge - I'll either give the stuff to my wife or girlfriend, store it away, or sell some stuff on ebay.

WandaJones
08-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Hang in there girl !. I 'quit' (again !), only the week before last, and here I am, back. It's something a lot of us seem to do, but once crosdressing gets in your blood, it's almost impossible to get rid of it. At least here, you are amongst friends who understand, and with whom you can talk things over, when times get difficult. :thumbsup:

emmicd
08-05-2005, 10:53 PM
Take your time and be supportive of your girlfriend. Be the rock she needs to lean on. Also be sensitive to her needs and be strong. It's very difficult to witness or be a part of someone's life when they are suffering from depression or has an emotional or mental breakdown. You must be very careful and be understanding and supportive and try to help them through it.

Also remember you need to take care of yourself too. If crossdressing helps you get through the day or helps you feel good then it is not wise to give it up.

Just exercise restraint and like all the girls have mentioned, Don't purge your femme clothes! Keep them in a safe place! You may need them at some point.

I wish you both well!

Emmi

Toni
08-06-2005, 02:21 AM
Hi Samantha,
In the 50 years I have been crossdressing I have given it up many times (Just like a smoker - I can give it up anytme) and always came back to it. It's not an illness it's just there and you have to live with it, once you realize that, things get better believe me. Your fiance is obviously going through a hard time - be there for her without any pressure, do everything at her pace and let her know every minute of every day that she is what's important. I have recently been over the same ground with my wife so I know what you are both going through, and the last thing you want to do is purge. Not because of the expense but because it will solve absolutely nothing. In the end you will come back to it and the guilt will be worse and will never stop. Love and treasure your girl because she is one of a select band that put up with and love us for what we are. You will get there in the end if you have the will and strength for both of you.

samantha78
08-06-2005, 02:23 PM
I want to thank you all so much for those that have posted here! I think I am just lonely at the moment and am thinking of getting dressed to cheer myself up!
Your words and everything have made me feel better and I am going to sit back and wait for my signifigant other in style!
once again
Thank you all!!!

Samantha!!

KELLYANN
08-06-2005, 11:16 PM
well said TRISTEN. i belive we all have that feeling at times. altough i've only been a member for several months, I AM SO HAPPY TOO BE HERE! i feel this is my family. thanks too a all :hugs: :eyes:

Rachel E
08-07-2005, 05:10 PM
You most likley have heard this several times. Dodn't purg all of your things and beleive me you will be back dressing again. Once you start you can't give it up. I have been dressing since i was about 14/15yrsa old and i have been in the military and had to stop for several periods of time while serving overseas, but just as soon as i got back to the US i would start back.
Love Richie, Spokane, Wa

Rainbow6562005
08-07-2005, 05:27 PM
I wonder if it's even possible to give up being a CD (in mind, if not behaviorally). I suspect that it's very much like gender preference: folks can fight like hell to make whatever gender they are (separate from biology) to just go away, but it won't and can't.

I don't believe any of this is subject to genuine choice, the way deciding what kind of sandwich to have for lunch is a real choice.

Anyway, Samantha, allow yourself to be in the mood you're in. Fighting yourself to be anything other than what you are only makes you hurt.

Rainbow

racquel
08-07-2005, 06:16 PM
I wonder if it's even possible to give up being a CD (in mind, if not behaviorally). I suspect that it's very much like gender preference: folks can fight like hell to make whatever gender they are (separate from biology) to just go away, but it won't and can't.

I don't believe any of this is subject to genuine choice, the way deciding what kind of sandwich to have for lunch is a real choice.

Anyway, Samantha, allow yourself to be in the mood you're in. Fighting yourself to be anything other than what you are only makes you hurt.

Rainbow
I agree with Rainbow's observation.I believe it is an integral part of who we are.Best of luck all I can offer is a big huggg.