PDA

View Full Version : Fun experiences!

Dana921
01-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Well I wanted to get prints made from some digital pictures so I could show some folks, but the first ones I did at one of the self print machines that are available at Target and some other places, did not crop the photos like I wanted! So back to a different store, a Walgreens, to redo the photos! Being new to the equipment, it was chopping parts off the top and bottom! Had to ask for help from one of the associates! She is looking at the photos of me as Dana (I am in male mode at this point) and compliments me on my jeep and talking about my girlfriend in the photo. Went through several photos and she is showing me some things to consider doing so that I get the best shot of her that I can! Seemed kind of funny, but she just did not even realize she was looking at the girl in the photo when she was talking to me! Very helpful, and definitely made me aware that I look very different as Dana than I do as my guy self! So no concerns as far as getting prints made now! :heehee:

So I take the photos to the Aveeda place where I get my hair done! My regular stylist is on leave and so I meet another stylist and she turned out to be a blast to talk with! About 25 and really a neat and fun person to talk with! So to start with she asks the normal what are we doing today thing and I just say well it will be easier if I just show you! So I pull out the photos and say this is what I like and she has a bit of a blank look on her face (later in the conversation / visit I found out she was trying to figure out if I wanted my hair to look like my girlfriends or why I was showing the pics of my gf to her, we were both laughing at this) So I am talking about how I like the color I have and the styles in the photos thinking she knows the pics are of me! So finally I look at her and said this is what I do on weekends and the wheels are obviously turning in her eyes as things are clearing up! I mentioned these photos are of me, and I think you could have heard a pin drop! She stared open mouthed at the photos for several seconds and said WOW! You are a handsome guy but you make a beautiful women! Ok, so I am on cloud nine now! Had a great conversation about the TG world as she said she had never known or been able to talk with some one who is TG and the differences that exist and all that I had to learn about as far as make up, hair, fashion! Had a really great time and left feeling very enthused and energized from the experience! So it was a great day!

Dana

Rianna Humble
01-22-2010, 09:20 AM
What great experiences! Thank you for sharing them :hugs:

Looks like you might have found a new friend in the stylist :)

As one of my GG friends said, you are helping to spread understanding of transgender people. :cheer:

AKAMichelle
01-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Some of us look so different that most people would never recognize us.

If many of us would just realize that, they maybe they wouldn't spend so long in the closet

Laura Evans
01-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Wonderful experience thank you for sharing.:hugs:

DonnaT
01-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Very cool.

My mom and daughter saw my photo and neither knew it was me. Took some time to convince my mom too.