PDA

View Full Version : Visiting LGBT center

irenetancd
01-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Today, I decided to v

DiannaRose
01-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Good for you, Irene! It must be so nice to have a support group right in your front yard. Enjoy!

Katesback
01-22-2010, 03:31 PM
LOL sweety that is why the name has the letter T in it. trans people are welcome there!!!

sherri52
01-22-2010, 03:37 PM
That's great Irene: I'm glad you have some support group close by.

LeslieSD
01-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Great! I wish I could have more courage going out when I was in the care free years in college. Enjoy your time!

AllieSF
01-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Congratulations Irene. You have made the right choice of going to the center. I think, though you do not want to progress further into the a gay or transsexual, that you will find a lot of information, maybe some good friends, or maybe just some friends with whom you do some activities with. Also, transitioning into gay or transsexual has nothing to do with who you associate with, besides maybe helping you to identify what you really are. That is, you are gay or transsexual or not. You may just not know what you are yet. I do like your open and proactive approach to just go out as you are and not just become a LGBT groupie, one who mostly associates mostly with people from that group. I prefer to go out only in smaller groups of Tgirls, for now. I am hoping to expand my group of who to go out with dressed friends to include others, again like you, preferably GG's. The bottom line is to enjoy your relationship with the school's LGBT community as it will provide you with a lot of information, contacts and, in troubling times of need, people of like mind that can definitely help you.

sterling12
01-23-2010, 02:43 AM
Hey, keep an open mind and make friends! Nobody can make you anything, so you don't need to worry about some major life change.

I will give you a wise piece of advise....I think. You are "The Newbie." Often around here from "The Newbies" we get an initial thread that declares how "Straight" they are, and all the things they are not. All that typically does, is turn people off! So, I would avoid such tactics when people ask you about yourself. If you must, just define yourself as "searching," and leave it at that. I'll bet you make a lot more friends that way, and I'll also venture to guess that you'll be surprised at just whom your new friends turn out to be.

Peace and Love, Joanie

ReineD
01-23-2010, 03:21 AM
That's great Irene!

School just started again, so give it a chance. More will join. At our local uni, there were F2M members as well. But you are correct, fewer M2F want to come out of the closet.

The students I know today all hang out together, whether they are gay or straight. Your new gay friends will have straight friends and you can all go out together, and meet even more people. Take your time in getting to know them. I'm sure some of the Ls go to clubs, but they just need a chance to get to know you first. :) Attend as many of their events as you can so they will get to know you.

Oh, and hanging out with members of the LGBT community will not affect your own sexuality. You are who you are, and so are they. :)