PDA

View Full Version : The feeling of pierced ears

RobertaM
01-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Well i finally did it, i pierced by ears. Have been wearing studs at night to keep them from closing in.
did it myself with a sharp hoop type,,

OMG I luvvvvv it. the feeling of large hoops that dont fall off. Delicious. It really feels sooo femme.

Now i have to stop at all the earring racks all the time now..

lol , the wife goes did you peirce your ears,, Yep i say,, Humfff she says,, lol. I dont wear earrings guy mode yet, One guy at work said , did yo pierce your ears,, yes said, no big deal.

hugs all, Roberta

linnea
01-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Pierced ears--yahoo! I love them!

Loni
01-23-2010, 02:38 PM
got to love them perced ears,

only problem I have is I must remember to remove the dangles and install the studs before going to work/out.

Sara Jessica
01-23-2010, 03:09 PM
You b#*^@ !!!

;) ...ya know I'm kidding. Congratulations, you'll have to share the story of how you keep the holes from closing in on you during the daytime, if it works out for you in the long run. I'd love to take the same step!!!

pattyv
01-23-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm soooo jealous. Some girls have all the fun. Congrats. You look great. And what courage.Wow.

PretzelGirl
01-23-2010, 04:00 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: You will be buying earrings for a while now. One of those addictions we sometimes get. Congrats!

sherri52
01-23-2010, 04:03 PM
That's great. You have just opened the door to a very large selection of earings that clip ons won't give you.

Loni
01-23-2010, 04:06 PM
You b#*^@ !!!

;) ...ya know I'm kidding. Congratulations, you'll have to share the story of how you keep the holes from closing in on you during the daytime, if it works out for you in the long run. I'd love to take the same step!!!

as for keeping the holes open, just buy a set of small diamond studs.

most nobody will notice. if one does just say yea. then say (in a gay fairy tone) jelass.

they will not ever say any more.

Brandi Wyne
01-23-2010, 04:10 PM

most nobody will notice. if one does just say yea. then say (in a gay fairy tone) jelass.

Does anyone know of some "training" studs that would be flesh colored so they could be worn at work during the day, too?

Teri Jean
01-23-2010, 04:17 PM
I did mine over two years ago and got some of the same reaction. I wear hoops virtually everyday now. I am transitioning but before I wore studs everyday. It does feel good.

Teri

DinaMature
01-23-2010, 05:28 PM
I have to say in today's world, regular guys have one or both ears pierced and it's an everyday occurance. It's spanned classes and ages. I'm recently in Philly, after ten years in Portland, Oregon.
In Portland, anything goes... but I can say here in "hard fisted, tough guy" Philadelphia, ear piercing is just no big deal.
Again, young and old guys, preppies to Granddads are showing up with pierced ears... multiples in one ear, and often studs in both ears.
I suspect there will be some attention to left vs right if you show up with only one pierced but with both done, nobody bothers.

You're in Vancouver, BC? By reputation, it's a very hip town. I wouldn't sweat it a bit.

Marcie4you
01-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Mine are both pierced twice! LOve the double hoops!

Michelle 51
01-23-2010, 09:53 PM
Does anyone know of some "training" studs that would be flesh colored so they could be worn at work during the day, too?

I've never tried it but have seen it posted several times that clear plastic line ie; whipper snipper etc about 16 ga and touch 1 end on something hot so that it makes a small flat head works.I just went ahead and had mine pierced and left them in for 4 weeks.Nobody said much.I can say this for sure you will never regret doing it

Alicia Grey
01-24-2010, 01:21 AM
I had both my ears pierced more than ten years ago, left the studs in for several weeks. then wore studs on and off for several years. They have never closed up and I can still wear hoops on occasion.

JackieInPA
01-24-2010, 01:27 AM
Just got my second set of holes today no one ever said anything negative about the first set.

tvcdalex
01-24-2010, 03:00 AM
I pierce my ears about 15 years, i wear hoops earrings only in the night and after 2 months is healed. The hoops earrings pulling is fantastic.

Danni Kay
01-24-2010, 06:36 AM
I've had my ears pierced about 13 years ago and never regretted it! I love wearing earrings whether in male or female mode. I own about 40-50 pairs of earrings now. I love wearing dangly ones, like chandelier earrings, "shoulder sweepers", and also big hoop earrings (something I picked up from my mother); they give a really femme feeling, especially when the move or make a little bit of noise when i turn my head.

Persephone
01-24-2010, 02:14 PM

In general, I suspect that if you aren't ready to "own" your pierced ears, then you are probably not ready to pierce them, but that's a personal opinion.

When the holes are first pierced, you can't switch earrings. You have to wait a few weeks until they heal.

It is probably possible to do the clear plastic line kinda thing that Michelle mentioned, although you would have to do the initial piercing with it and then leave it in.

When mine were first pierced, many years ago, I had to attend a few important client meetings. Piercing wasn't a well accepted guy thing in those days, especially in the business world, so I covered the studs with small tabs of plastic bandages that wrapped around the bottom of my earlobes.

If anyone asked (and a couple of people did), I said I'd had some cysts removed.

Do you remember the movie "Young Frankenstein"? At one point, Igor's hump moves from one side of his back to the other.

So since a lot of guys now have one pierced ear, here's a suggestion. Get one ear pierced, leave the stud in for the required few weeks, when it is healed, remove it, pierce the other ear and just look amazed/amused if anyone says, "I thought it was your other ear that was pierced."

Cristi
01-24-2010, 02:41 PM
In general, I suspect that if you aren't ready to "own" your pierced ears, then you are probably not ready to pierce them, but that's a personal opinion.

I agree with this. If you are worried about ways to hide the piercings from certain people and are too timid to go into a jewelers to get it done right, you probably aren't ready to have it done yet (I feel the same way about leg shaving).

I was worried about reactions, but finally got to the point where my desire to get it done outweighed any worry about a negative response. As almost everybody else on this site has noted, the reaction was near zero.

When I was finally ready (about ten years ago), I put on a skirt suit, walked into a jewelers and had it done. Of course, it was on halloween so the skirt suit was easy to 'get away with', but I've never had even a moment of regret about doing it.

On the very few times my piercings have even been mentioned (I can count the total on the fingers of one hand) I'd respond casually in a 'no big deal' way and that is just the way things were taken. The conversation would then go on to some other subject.

If you feel like they are something to hide, that is certainly going to come across in your reaction to any questions you do eventually get. The best defense is a REAL "so what?" casual attitude about it yourself.

BTW: You did yours yourself?? Ouch :eek:
Mine were done in a store and only 'pinched' for a split second.

kimdl93
01-26-2010, 02:59 PM
I haven't had the guts to pierce mine - afraid I'd get to much grief from my sons. But since remarrying (with a CD friendly woman) she's been teasing me about getting them done. So, recently I decided to surprise her - sort of. I ordered magnetic posts - we'll see if she notices!

Samantha_Smile
01-26-2010, 03:33 PM
I hope you sterilised your piercer (boiling water for 30 seconds, isopropyl ethanol) or you may regret this in a few days.

If you didn't...

Keep them clean. I mean spotless.
You need to be using detol or human friendly disinfectant.
Sterile gauze and saline from your local pharmacy would be my option though, and cleaning will hurt if youre doing it right.

JulieK1980
01-26-2010, 03:45 PM
I got mine done back in the end of December, and I have small studs in all the time, I think a total of two people even mentioned it, and they were indifferent. Its not a big deal these days for men to have both pierced.

And as was said make sure you keep em clean! :)

sissy_tulsa
01-27-2010, 02:03 AM
There won't be a safe earring rack anywhere now! Congrats!

I've had mine pierced for a long time now and luv it!

giuseppina
01-27-2010, 02:27 AM
I hope you sterilised your piercer (boiling water for 30 seconds, isopropyl ethanol) or you may regret this in a few days.

If you didn't...

Keep them clean. I mean spotless.
You need to be using detol or human friendly disinfectant.
Sterile gauze and saline from your local pharmacy would be my option though, and cleaning will hurt if youre doing it right.

These aren't accepted methods of sterilisation in hospitals, which is what is required. One is in an autoclave (live steam under pressure at 135C to 140C boiling point or so) for half an hour. A 15 psi pressure cooker is insufficient. Rubbing alcohol is a powerful sterilant, but it doesn't kill everything. Nor does chlorine.

A lot of piercing guns melt when autoclaved.

BarbraAnne
01-27-2010, 02:41 AM
I had my ears pierced 23 years ago, at a Merle Norman store, when George Michaels was popular. Have worn small hoops every day since. I like to sometimes wear heavier hoops so you feel them pull when you move your head. I have never regretted my decision. And of course it comes in handy when you're dressed.
TTFN, Barb

bron
01-27-2010, 03:29 AM
While i have had my left ear pierced for many years i only got my right ear done late last year. The down side is that i have 2 holes in each ear so it will cost me twice as much to hang some bling in them. But that's ok, another small step to being Bron.

Christina Horton
01-30-2010, 11:18 PM

Na I never do that I just say, "Oh well then next time I want to do something to my body I will be sure to consult you first next time ok ok." Don't worrie about it after all Pirates had them and no one called them sissy's, Eh.

Just go to a place that does ear piercing and get two gold studs and like the shoes say(and I do everything my shoes say) "Just do It" . Though My shoes are prettier then sneakers.

I got my first piercing at age 19 In 89 then my other ear in 94. When I first got is I thought everybody was looking and they were. Back then it was strange for a guy to have a ear ring. Then in 96 I bought my first dangly ones and loved them. Now I were two 3 4 or 5 danging one when the mood hits me. I have at least one dangle in one ear most of the time in drab. No one cares.

When People comment on them I tell them that either I use them for fishing , I dangle them over the water and let the fish jump up and grab them. Or I tell them I sometimes keep my car and house keys there if I forget my Purse. Now remember I am in drab when I say that it usually get a good laugh.

For thous of you wanting to get them but are afraid to just remember it's girls like me and others that have paved the way so you don't have to worrie about it.

Now I bet every time we go out shopping or to a club your going to want to borrow my earrings now eh. You mooch.

rachael.davis
01-31-2010, 12:07 AM
You b#*^@ !!!

If it's a DIY project use a "glovers" needle, it has a triangular point which produces a pyramid shaped piercing which doesn't close easily by itself.
And a small piece of plastic line really will keep the piercing open.

RobertaM
01-31-2010, 01:26 AM
Well girls dont shoot, me,, i just took a sharp wire style hoop and just pushed it thru, pop and its thru, i tryed to make sure they were all clean,, use poly sporan before and after,, i little sore,, but not to bad,, i carry a hoop during the day and repierce them 3 times a day so they dont close up.. at night i put in a set of sleepers.

I know I know,, kinda commando,, but hey,, live once dearie's

Loni
01-31-2010, 01:28 AM
it is deffernt. got to remember to remove them before going into the shower.

other than that. just wish i could were a pair of my dangles to work:daydreaming:

Emme
01-31-2010, 01:45 AM
A short lenth of broom straw will keep the holes open to heal. Yellow broom straw from a broom.
It works!!!

Christina Horton
01-31-2010, 02:11 AM
Ok hun I would never have done my piercings myself and (
I know I know,, kinda commando,, but hey,, live once dearie's )

I know you were one but you don't have to prove it HUN. I have put some pic here for you to compare your new hoops to. And as you can see I am not alone in one pic lol. The girl to the right of me will be (borrowing all me ear rings and I will have to make sure she does not "steal" them like I have to keep an eye on her when She is at my place and she does not walk out with my clothes. I got my eye on you Dear.... and hidden cameras lots and lots of cameras.

Samantha_Smile
01-31-2010, 05:39 AM
These aren't accepted methods of sterilisation in hospitals, which is what is required. One is in an autoclave (live steam under pressure at 135C to 140C boiling point or so) for half an hour. A 15 psi pressure cooker is insufficient. Rubbing alcohol is a powerful sterilant, but it doesn't kill everything. Nor does chlorine.

A lot of piercing guns melt when autoclaved.

WOW!
You can afford an autoclaver can you? Lucky you! :P

Both methods I suggested are sufficient for killing over 95% of surface bacteria, including staph-aureous and MRSA alike.

Angie G
01-31-2010, 09:04 AM
Well your just not living untill you peirce your ears hun.I love having mine done.:hugs:
Angie

irmichelle
01-31-2010, 12:33 PM
Had pierced ears for ten years now. Nobody cares at work. Careful about those really fem pieces though. Sleepers are great to keep the holes open. And rubbing alcohol with a q tip takes care of the once in a while sore ear.

JamieOH
01-31-2010, 12:39 PM

When the holes are first pierced, you can't switch earrings. You have to wait a few weeks until they heal.

It is probably possible to do the clear plastic line kinda thing that Michelle mentioned, although you would have to do the initial piercing with it and then leave it in.

When mine were first pierced, many years ago, I had to attend a few important client meetings. Piercing wasn't a well accepted guy thing in those days, especially in the business world, so I covered the studs with small tabs of plastic bandages that wrapped around the bottom of my earlobes.

If anyone asked (and a couple of people did), I said I'd had some cysts removed.

Do you remember the movie "Young Frankenstein"? At one point, Igor's hump moves from one side of his back to the other.

So since a lot of guys now have one pierced ear, here's a suggestion. Get one ear pierced, leave the stud in for the required few weeks, when it is healed, remove it, pierce the other ear and just look amazed/amused if anyone says, "I thought it was your other ear that was pierced."

Just to make it clear... I know at MY place of employment men arent allowed to wear ANY earrings during the work day. Hair must be cut and trimmed to above the collar.. So If I was to get BOTH ears pierced, I would NEED clear or flesh colored plugs, in order to keep my job. and you know, having a paycheck and roof over my head is nice..