PDA

View Full Version : Attention Seeking?

Nigella
01-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Throughout this forum there are pictures of the TG community in various forms of undress, all within forum rules I hasten to add.

One of the reasons why some people say they CD is to "emulate" real women. Just wondered how posting such pictures is actually emulating a real woman. I certainly hav'nt seen many, if any GGs post such pictures.

Are the pictures really posted to get some attention?

Joni Marie Cruz
01-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Possibly you should broaden your horizons. Try a strip club, most of them hire "real women". Or check out pix on social networking sites such as MySpace and Facebook, there are real women there ranging from very modestly dressed to revealing, all within the bounds set by the site, of course.

Personally I don't think tgirls are any more-or less-exhibitionistic than ggirls, we run the gamut from extremely shy and retiring to wildly shameless, just like real girls do.

Hugs...Joni Mari

bethany356
01-23-2010, 07:44 PM
If I looked half as good as most of these ladies, I'd be plastering pictures of myself all over this site!:heehee:

Sandy Banks
01-23-2010, 07:49 PM
When women have it, they flaunt it!:D

TransgenderKidd
01-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Some might be too shy to even post pictures, while some are really confident in themselves and aren't afraid to show it :]

Deidra Cowen
01-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Throughout this forum there are pictures of the TG community in various forms of undress, all within forum rules I hasten to add.

One of the reasons why some people say they CD is to "emulate" real women. Just wondered how posting such pictures is actually emulating a real woman. I certainly hav'nt seen many, if any GGs post such pictures.

Of course girls here and at other spots post pics for attention! Thats the half the fun, ya get validation and praise.

As for GGs posting pics...go to flicker, you'd be shocked at what ya would see if you look around. GGs can be just as bad of attention *****s as Tgirls. :devil:

rbluecd
01-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Aren't we all high and mighty! So above those that post their pics for whatever reason.....God forbid that some like attention!!!! Makes me wonder why there is a PICTURE & VIDEO GALLERY!!?? I would also think that most everyone on this site - whether male, female, or whatever - assumes the picture gallery is mainly for crossdresser pics. Seriously, live and let live.....and try not to judge others!

Joni Marie Cruz
01-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Gosh, RB, don't sugar coat it, hon. What do you really think?<lol>

Hugs...Joni Mari

Aren't we all high and mighty! So above those that post their pics for whatever reason.....God forbid that some like attention!!!! Makes me wonder why there is a PICTURE & VIDEO GALLERY!!?? I would also think that most everyone on this site - whether male, female, or whatever - assumes the picture gallery is mainly for crossdresser pics. Seriously, live and let live.....and try not to judge others!

Frédérique
01-24-2010, 04:59 PM
One of the reasons why some people say they CD is to "emulate" real women. Just wondered how posting such pictures is actually emulating a real woman. Are the pictures really posted to get some attention?

I have news for you, Nigella – the entire forum is for getting some attention, everything from cries for help to outright exhibitionism (or boasting). I accept it as such. Why do you think I’m here? I want, desire, and need attention. Just a kind word every fortnight works for me, but I’m not greedy…:heehee:

As far as “emulating” a woman goes, everybody has their own definition of “emulate,” wouldn’t you say? I’d get dizzy trying to emulate every female type that homes into view, so I pick the version that most pleases me most in a highly personal way. Because of that, I have photos, mirror images if you will, and they are for my eyes only. I am the mythical fairy of the high plains, and, truth be told, I exist only in your mind. Meanwhile, I can look in the mirror and enjoy my approximate feminine representation (or “emulation,” as you call it)…:battingeyelashes:

Nicola2876
01-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Some like to and some don't just like any other cross section of the world's population. We all like to share just some more than others. I think it's great that some people have the confidence to post pics that are revealing in a tasteful way. I'm not sure but if you look hard enough on the internet you might find some sites with girly girls in a state of undress :eek:

Samantha_Smile
01-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Don't know about any of you, but when I dress, there is a really kick of new sensuality that I don't get as a guy.
It very often causes me to dress quite sexily, and generaly, I like what I see.
I just like the affirmation that what I see is as good as I think.

As far as attention seeking goes?
No, I gotta disagree.
I seek affirmation as I have said, but I have no-where else to gain affirmation from at the moment as I'm not out.
As such, I look to places where acceptance and affirmation is more of a likelyhood.

Good provocative comment though :)

SouthernBelle.GG
01-24-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm sure attention seeking is part of the motivation for some.

I don't post pics here because I always thought or felt that the picture forum wasn't for GGs to post in - other than comments. With that said, I have posted pics of myself - in various forms of dress(ahem) - on the internet. My blog, for one, where I'm totally comfortable posting pics and the rules are mine. Do I post pics for attention or compliments there? You betcha! To each their own.

sherri52
01-24-2010, 07:21 PM
As crossdressers we would like to get recognition. Who better to give us that than our own sisters and brothers on this site.

Presh GG
01-24-2010, 07:24 PM
I'm so with you , Nigella.
Now let me explain myself

Because the main stream world has been lead to believe Transpeople are sick , [ perverted ] I think it wise to put our best image out there to show the world it's a lovely theatrical thing to do [ CDing ]
So by being too sexual in public [ and the internet is public ] we prove Joe Slow right. And until CDing is more excepted I wish the sex would be kept at normal levels.

This is only my Humble Opion
Presh GG :)

Super Amanda
01-24-2010, 08:13 PM
I think it wise to put our best image out there

Very well said. Even back in my closet days, when I identified as a crossdresser, I never took a naughty pic, and I never have even tried to look sexy (despite requests ;) )

I realize many CD's get a big sexual thrill from dressing, but putting up suggestive pics should be limited to sites that are made for that purpose, IMO, though I think this site has mostly very tasteful, and beautiful pics.

Joni Marie Cruz
01-24-2010, 08:21 PM
I think it wise to put our best image out there to show the world it's a lovely theatrical thing to do [ CDing ] This is only my Humble Opion Presh GG :)

Sorry, but for most of us it's not some sort of kabuki or playacting, it's who we are, whether fulltime or not, and I for one am not waiting around for J Q Public to attain some hypothetical and long delayed state of enlightenment.

If anyone has seen my high horse, let him know I've found him some friends.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Rachel Morley
01-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Just wondered how posting such pictures is actually emulating a real woman. I certainly hav'nt seen many, if any GGs post such pictures.

As for GGs posting pics...go to flicker, you'd be shocked at what ya would see if you look around. GGs can be just as bad of attention *****s as Tgirls. :devil:
I agree with Deidra .... GG's may not be posting such pix here, but go look on Flickr, I was shocked! :eek:

Presh GG
01-25-2010, 12:44 AM
Ah gee Joni, You HAVE to know that's not what I meant !!
Kabuki... Really ?
Damm Internet, you can't see my expression.
Presh

JamieOH
01-25-2010, 12:51 AM
Well, I have to say that I dont agree so much... because I am on myspace and facebook, and the GG's not only send me pics of themselves, and post pics of themselves in provocative poses, they also send me pics of other GG's in provacative poses and dress.. so I dunno what the diff is..

Shelly67
01-25-2010, 01:03 AM
Tis a part of crossdressing - vanity .

boy2girl31
01-25-2010, 01:34 AM
Of course girls here and at other spots post pics for attention! Thats the half the fun, ya get validation and praise.

I tend to agree that it is done for attention to some degreebut it is also done to get feedback on how passable you are.

Tamara Croft
01-25-2010, 01:44 AM
Aren't we all high and mighty! So above those that post their pics for whatever reason.....God forbid that some like attention!!!!Posting like that gets attention... how about you get off your high horse and read Nigellas post again. It wasn't rude, it wasn't high and mighty, it was a simple question asked very politely. Your reply however was rude and uncalled for. And coming back after 2 years to post just that, you sound like a troll...

To answer your question Nigella, maybe if I had a body worth showing off, I might just whip out some sexy lingerie and post it :devil: But alas, I think that could possibly be the issue and why most GG's don't post pics of themselves like that. I have seen a couple, but I'm dubious to believe that it is even them ;)

GaleWarning
01-25-2010, 02:28 AM
I, too, do not have a body worth exhibiting.
Hence my avatar!
:)

JulieK1980
01-25-2010, 08:01 AM
I WISH I looked good enough to post those types of pics lol! But sadly I do not, so I must live vicariously through others....

Taylor186
01-25-2010, 08:56 AM
One authors take on the self-portrait phenomenon, for anyone:

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~ivy/selfportrait/intro.html

Joni Marie Cruz
01-25-2010, 09:06 AM
Hi Presh-

Okay, strike the kabuki, that was silly. But it did come across as a little condescending, at least at the time. You're right, it is part of the problem with the net, no facial expression (even with emoticons), no tone of voice to go by and so on. After reading several of your other posts, yes, I do my homework sometimes, I now know that you didn't, couldn't, have meant it the way I took it, you're a nice person. Bygones?

Hugs...Joni Mari

Ah gee Joni, You HAVE to know that's not what I meant !!
Kabuki... Really ?
Damm Internet, you can't see my expression.
Presh

Nigella
01-25-2010, 03:02 PM
Well I got the variety of responses that I expected. You know it was not a trick question, it was a thought provoking query to why some prefer to post those sort of pics. As is often said on this forum, whatever floats your boat.

I am not that green to think that GGs do not post risque pictures on the net, may be I should have said that I have not seen a GG post such pictures on this forum (yes the picture gallery is open to all members to post in).

The thread and subsequent posts have opened a few comments that would be worthy of further comment in another thread. (Don't want to hijack my own thread :D)

Keep your comments coming, I don't take offence if anyone dislikes my questions, and has a go, (I have others to fight my battles for me :D)

Stephanie Miller
01-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Sorry. Didn't mean to offend. Is this better?

I'll take the rest of my albumn down too. :sad:

Nigella
01-25-2010, 04:18 PM

Sorry not good enough, the barrel is too plain, can you paint it up a bit :D

joandher
01-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Pray tell me why do you have an album of pictures ????

:hugs: J-JAY

Nigella
01-25-2010, 04:30 PM

Cos I can :D

Not sure what this has to do with the opening post though !!

Sandra
01-25-2010, 04:33 PM

Pray tell me where is there any pics in her album of her in any "form of undress"? ?

Kendra39
01-25-2010, 07:02 PM
To each her own. Sometimes it is good to look out side of the box. Besides it is fun feeling all sexy and I am sure even the GG's agree.

JulieK1980
01-25-2010, 08:04 PM

I'll take the rest of my albumn down too. :sad:

Don't you think the garters holding the socks up are a bit risque??? :heehee:

vikki2020
01-25-2010, 08:39 PM
You can call it attention, or whatever you want, but for me, it is a nbit of validation--"hey, I exist!". Not being able to dress and get out as often as I would like, this is my substitute, and the company of all the other ladies makes it even better! The pics are just part of that.:D

ArleneRaquel
01-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Fab post Vikki ! :)

MsJanessa
01-25-2010, 08:57 PM
yes I post pics, although not too many here, to attract attention---as well as other things.

Ms. Emily
01-25-2010, 09:21 PM
You can call it attention, or whatever you want, but for me, it is a nbit of validation--"hey, I exist!". Not being able to dress and get out as often as I would like, this is my substitute, and the company of all the other ladies makes it even better! The pics are just part of that.:D

Hit the nail right on the head !!! I wont lie Im one of those people who dont mind showing off. Your question makes it sound like wanting attention is a bad thing or something.

Intertwined
01-25-2010, 10:15 PM

Only the people that post such pictures can answer that question.

I do not try to "emulate" women, I dress in what I call my 50/50, today I was out on chores, guy shirt and shorts, high heels and a purse, the nails on my right hand are trimmed like most men's nails, my left hand has nails (natural) over 1/2 inch past end of finger, and are bright pink, several of my female coworkers are jeleous that I can keep such long nails, mens nails seem to be naturally stronger than women's