PDA

View Full Version : that thing about finger length

linnea
01-23-2010, 09:10 PM
I know that others have posted about this before, but when I checked the relative length of my index and ring fingers in the past, I always looked at them from the back of my hand.
Ah ha! I recently visited a site that discussed this theory (that females tend to have index and ring finger lengths that are close or very similar), and it made the point that this should be measured from the palm-side!
I checked from the palm-side and found that my index and ring finger lengths are within 1/32 of an inch of each other.
From the backside of my hand the difference is about 1/4 inch.
Maybe everyone else in the world knew this, but it was new to me. So I just thought that I would share.

Sandy Banks
01-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Well according to your info...........I'm female:o:o:o:D:D:D

Karren H
01-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Mine are all the same length. All that knuckle dragging in a previous life.

ChanDelle
01-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Mine are the same length too. Does that make us ambisexterous?

ChanDelle

NathalieX66
01-24-2010, 01:30 AM
My "bird' finger is longer than all my other fingers.
My ring finger is longer than my pointer finger.
I guess I'm doomed to be a dumb ape no matter how hard I try.

kay2
01-24-2010, 02:28 AM
According to Wikipedia:

"Manning and colleagues have shown that 2D:4D ratios vary greatly between different ethnic groups. This variation is far larger than the differences between sexes, in Manning's words "There’s more difference between a Pole and a Finn than a man and a woman." The variation appears to be correlated with latitude, such that more northerly populations have higher digit ratios."

Loni
01-24-2010, 03:19 AM
yea...right...what she said:eek:

and all this time i thought it was the finger nails that made a womans fingers look so long.:doh:

Andy66
01-24-2010, 03:35 AM
I'd say if that's the biggest visible difference between you and a GG, you're doing pretty well.

As the cross-dressing Big Bad Wolf/Granny said...
All the better to flip you off, my dear. :heehee:

Joni Marie Cruz
01-24-2010, 08:18 AM
No logic allowed. Knock it off.<lol> Just kidding. On my left hand the index and ring fingers are the same length and on my right hand the ring finger is slightly longer than the index finger, which makes me 50/50 male/female, which is also how I feel about myself, so I'm going with finger ratio thing as an indicator of...something or other having to do with sex. So there.<lol> Or maybe it has to do with my father-in-law being Finnish...I dunno.

Hugs...Joni Mari

According to Wikipedia:

"Manning and colleagues have shown that 2D:4D ratios vary greatly between different ethnic groups. This variation is far larger than the differences between sexes, in Manning's words "There’s more difference between a Pole and a Finn than a man and a woman." The variation appears to be correlated with latitude, such that more northerly populations have higher digit ratios."

vetobob9
01-24-2010, 09:46 AM
I seem to be both. On my left hand they are even but on my right hand the index finger is shorter than the ring finger.

Crysten
01-24-2010, 10:33 AM
Mine are all the same length. All that knuckle dragging in a previous life.

Totally agree with Karen. Hard to disagree with someone who works in a coal mine. Not sure why that is, but it's true. :):):):):)

sherri52
01-24-2010, 10:04 PM
Ring fingers are longer on both hands. The left hand is closer in size to the ring finger.

Jamie001
01-24-2010, 10:12 PM
My index fingers are significantly longer on both hands.

kimdl93
01-26-2010, 12:16 PM
My ring fingers are significantly longer on both hands....frankly tho, my hands are anything but feminine :(