PDA

View Full Version : Shopping on eBay

Kelly_ann
08-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Do many of you girls shop on ebay? What has been your experience? I've seen the most gorgeous vintage negilgees (my weakness!) and would love to hear what others think.

LouiseCassell
08-06-2005, 03:44 PM
Have often bought stuff one ebay and the general experience I have found to be good. However, nothing beats going to real shops and seeing everything in front of you.

kymmieLorain
08-06-2005, 03:45 PM
99% of my outfits came from Ebay. All have been great no real problems. Gotten everything I have purchased. A few slow shippers but alway got the item.

Check out liegh's garagesale out of Vegas( do a search for "crossdresser" under womans fashions) I have bought from her more than a few times always great to work with. Liegh always give good service and the auctions list sizes and measurements.

Kymmie

Toyah
08-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Never have had a problem except being outbid:mad: . I could not get paypal to work but cheques are no probs. Go an buy buy buy.

tifftg
08-06-2005, 04:19 PM
Love to bid, love to shop great bargains on shoes, makeup purses and clothes. I have shopped from Leigh's Garage Sale also, she is marvelous to work with but feel free to shop in the regular auctions, it does not have to be crossdressing specific. Just make sure whoever you buy from has good feedback.

Tiff

spaskinstyle
08-06-2005, 04:33 PM
As a proud Ebay Featured Store owner, I would highly recommend shopping on Ebay. You will find that if you do your homework -

1) Read the entire listing
2) Understand Cost, Payment, Shipping, and Refund Terms
3) Evaluate the sellers Feedback Rating Stay Away if under 99%
4) Ask Questions Before you Bid

You will find fantastic items and great deals! Good Luck

Theresa

kerri essex tv
08-06-2005, 04:37 PM
ebay's fab....should rename it TVbay :-)

kerri xx

JenniRose
08-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Yes, ebay has been a good source for many things. I will say that you have to be VERY careful about sizing. In many instances ask for actual measurements, not just sizes.

Pricing is fair to good, and only two out of nearly one hundred purchases, have the product been less than advertised...but

If you live near a Belz discount mall, you can do almost as well and have the advantage of seeing, and feeling the object. I have found most shops there will let me try on items, even when I am in drag.

Ebay is good, but seing, and touching (I love the feel of certain fabrics and most of the time that can only be determined by actually feeling the item) does make a difference.

JenniRose

Ruby M
08-07-2005, 06:52 AM
I have found e bay great. Sure one or two things not right but so manay pluses. I must mention Leighs Garage and Wigs Direct, the former has sold me some fabulous outfits.

cosmolovesph
08-07-2005, 09:33 AM
ebay is great, I have bought and sold many things (some of it CD related) for years.

have bought some clothing or shoes and after time, have re-sold some of my collection over the years to only then buy more ;)

Marianne
08-07-2005, 09:40 AM
I've only ever had one problem on Ebay after a couple hundred purchases.

Check spaskins' advice tho, it makes a lot of sense.

rexy
08-07-2005, 09:58 AM
yes most of what i have has come from e-bay just one thing you should watch is the sizing, make sure it will fit your measurements :) :)

Jen_TGCD
08-07-2005, 12:03 PM
As a proud Ebay Featured Store owner... You will find that if you do your homework -
1) Read the entire listing
2) Understand Cost, Payment, Shipping, and Refund Terms
3) Evaluate the sellers Feedback Rating Stay Away if under 99%
4) Ask Questions Before you Bid

TheresaGreat advice !!!

I, too, am a vintage clothing buyer and the biggest challenge is finding something that is large enough. I'm a current Sz 16 and in vintage I'm at least two sizes, or more, larger. The women in the 40s and 50s must have all been petite. :(

As said before... go by the measurements... not the manufacturers size. Also, in sleepwear, the waist is not important but the shoulder size is. Ask for the length between the shoulders or sleeve seams, if they don't give it, or go by the bust size. If it's stretchy, you might get away with your natural chest size.

To be honest, I've been disappointed with my vintage purchases more than pleased... mostly because they are too tight or too short. What I do now, is to find nice negligees and retro styles from current stores. Old Pueblo Traders and Anthony Richards (Amerimark) are two good sources. My favorite for sleepwear is Shadowline Lingerie. OMG... their peignoir sets are wonderful! Incredible full slips, too. Tip: Wait for the sales... 30% to 70% discounts.

Old Pueblo Traders www.shopOPT.com (http://www.shopopt.com/)
AmeriMark (Anthony Richards) www.amerimark.com (http://www.amerimark.com/)
Shadowline Lingerie www.shadowline-lingerie.com (http://www.shadowline-lingerie.com/)

MistyCD
08-07-2005, 05:28 PM
I have never bought any clothes on e-bay, but I may be selling some shortly as I am starting to run out of room.....

I know that some girls had a problem with one or two of the sellers as they refused to sell the items to CD's/TV's....the sellers appeared to be bible belters and believed it was a Carnal sin to sell it!!!!!

if an when I put my items up for sale, I will have the letters Cdf listed at the end of the description, meaning Crossdresser friendly....

Luv Misty :)

Rainbow6562005
08-07-2005, 05:38 PM
I have a standing order in for women's shoes, size 13, from eBay. Unfortunately most of the Alerts I get for shoes in that size lead to offers for sneakers. Yuck! Sometimes I do get offers for 3.5-inch shoes, but being six-two, such low heels are worthless to me. (I only buy 4- to 5-inch heels these days.)
I have bought some things through eBay and am pleased with them, as well as the sellers: one seller even threw in a surprise, free-pair of very nice beige pumps!

Rainbow :)

Melissa Ryan
08-07-2005, 06:46 PM
I mostly sell on ebay, I have found that shoes in larger sizes tend to sell best. Sold one pair to a guy who wanted just too much information, and when he came to pick them up I asked if they were for him, he replied with an indignant No!, I just had a feeling about him and would have loved to chat, but the moment had passed so I couldn't bring up cding. I have sold a few clothes that I make myself, one dress I have now sold 6 copies of, you can look at it item no: 5402670748 It's not everyones cup of tea, but I love it. and it only took an hour to make.(does it sound like I'm bragging).
.............Hugs Lyn..........Melissa's S.O.......

Ibuki_Warpetal
08-07-2005, 07:05 PM
I get all kinds of stuff on Ebay, but it is not always the source for the best possible deals.

I've made over 40 Ebay transactions, though.