PDA

View Full Version : How to soothe the savage need.

skirted
01-25-2010, 09:42 PM
So when you need to soothe the need to dress what have you found to help?

Let me explain: I am currently back at home with folks in my return to school. I'm 1.5 hours from any of my in the know friends and don't have a lot of spare cash. The need to dress has become a constant dull thrum that likes to poke itself into my normal daily activities and I have nowhere to release it. Thoughts of a cute skirt or a really cool pair of high heel boots pop up when least expected and I can drift off and become useless. To combat this I have shoved my head deep into other hobbies that can take up a great deal of my free time and cash flow.

I'm a European car enthusiast. I have a couple of German money pits I work on regularly and the parts for them are always so damned costly they leave me too poor to worry about anything else. Perhaps an extreme measure but they keep me sane and stable til I can let Lola out to play again. Dear god how i want to let her out, its been so long... :sad:

So what do you do?

Ms. Emily
01-25-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm living with family too so I hear ya.

What I dont understand is why you cant just dress when they aren't around ?? Even late at night if you have to or something.

skirted
01-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Can't dress here. Never alone. My granmother lives with us. As for late night, good luck. I work 12hr days and on the weekends i have my daughter. I really am in a pickle here.

sherri52
01-25-2010, 10:13 PM
I live alone and don't have your same problem but I have a 1966 triumph spitfire that can take up alot of cash when something goes wrong with it.

windycissy
01-25-2010, 10:26 PM
That's a tough one! I think you're smart to submerge yourself into a hobby that you enjoy, although might I suggest something less expensive than European sports cars? Stay in school, bide your time, pinch your pennies, and hasten the day when you'll be able to afford a place of your own...

skirted
01-25-2010, 11:18 PM
I live alone and don't have your same problem but I have a 1966 triumph spitfire that can take up alot of cash when something goes wrong with it.

Nice. Spitfire is a classic little sports car. My taste goes to the Big Healeys for small british sports car.

That's a tough one! I think you're smart to submerge yourself into a hobby that you enjoy, although might I suggest something less expensive than European sports cars? Stay in school, bide your time, pinch your pennies, and hasten the day when you'll be able to afford a place of your own...

I have a sports sedan (the Benz) and a hot hatch (MkII GTI) so thankfully not looking at rare sports car costs. the Benz is bad enough.

I'm an auto body tech so its really only the parts that cost me. I don't have to worry about labor cost. I do everything myself except play with the internal parts of my Mercedes' engine. Its a 1 of 2000 car and i want it handled by a professional with experience. I'll just spend my time making it look good.

and one of these days i'll find just the right car to paint an awesome shade of purple metallic. that'll be Lola's car :daydreaming: