PDA

View Full Version : How far do you go?

Kate Simmons
01-26-2010, 10:08 AM
Just how far do you go to fulfill what you feel is the feminine role? Is it really that important to do certain things? I know that some here go to salons to get their hair done and go to get their nails done, waxing and the like with or without their SO's. Just what do you consider essential to feeling "feminine"? Holly recently posted a thread to define what feeling feminine is with various responses. Whether we are born female or not, how far do we go to give convincing allusion of being feminine and of fulfilling the role?:)

minalost
01-26-2010, 10:13 AM
A mani/pedi every week. I do them myself and I'm getting pretty good at it too! I also use face cream every morning and I keep my eyebrows plucked - not totally fem, but I keep the unsightly mono-brow off and trim them up every day :battingeyelashes:.

sherri52
01-26-2010, 10:19 AM
At home a dress, bra, forms, and lipstick stisfies my need. Goin out I have to dress to the nines. Having a mani/pedi, makeup session, or waxing only increases the feeling.

CATgirldo
01-26-2010, 10:43 AM
I have to be fully made up, legs shaved, dressed nicely and have all the right pronouns said to and about me by the people I meet. It's an on going illusion and I often think I demand too much... I USED to be happy just wearing heels... but those days are gone. I think I'm happier... I've stopped purging.

CAT

Katesback
01-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Well I play on an all girls roller derby team. I love running chicks over and crashing myself and its awesome to be part of a team of crazy women.

So for me to have the chance to take out some agression in front of 1000 spectators and show womanhood in a whole different agressive presentation is rockin.

Sarasometimes
01-26-2010, 11:36 AM
The right pronouns are important but being able to be fully dressed and wearing a very feminine perfume is the best, but I don't get the chance very often. Tough to wash the scent completely off. There are other keys but perfume is a biggy. GG giving compliments especially about my makeup also gets me giddy!

MimiLee
01-26-2010, 12:01 PM
In order for me to pull off a convincing illusion and feeling completly en femme, i need to go the whole nine yards. But since its impossible for me to experience that full rush of being en femme all the time, i can survive by wearing sexy panties, pantyhose and having smooth pair of legs, my basic essentials/neccessaties.

Joanne f
01-26-2010, 12:19 PM
In my opinion femininity is in you and not what you do , it flows from inside out not outside in , i just think that there is a difference between being feminine and doing female things that make you feel like a female .

Andy66
01-26-2010, 12:29 PM
For me, it's just a mood or what I happen to be doing at any particular moment.

I can feel my masculine side when I open the door for a lady, lift heavy boxes, or build something... no matter how many coats of makeup I'm wearing.

I can feel my feminine side when I try on cute girly clothes or chit-chat with the girls.

Kate Simmons
01-26-2010, 06:09 PM
For myself the "glitter" is part of it but doesn't really tell the whole tale. As Joanne said, it's mostly who we are inside that determines how we do things. To me it's not a big deal to say something is nice or looks cute in guy mode or call someone Hon. I'm not averse to doing "guy" things in girl mode either as Anne brought out. The point is we are only limited by societal indoctrination on how to act as much as we allow ourselves to be. The bottom line is I'd much rather be thought of as a person and a human being than a "this", "that" or the "other thing".:)