PDA

View Full Version : my monthly pedicure

Jodi
08-06-2005, 09:11 PM
I have been having my nails done routinely at the same shop for the last couple of years. I get my manicure done about every two weeks, and my pedicure done about once a month. I have always had the same stylist. When I scheduled my first manicure, I told her I was a cd and that I like to keep my nails slightly longer. Her response was that was good to know, as that she would have automatically trimmed them shorter. I keep my nails about 1/8" longer than my finger tips, shaped, and keep clear lacquer on them all the time. During my first appointment, my stylist recommended that I get a pedicure. We scheduled it for the next week. She always applies color to my toenails. By getting the routine manicures, and keeping the nail strengthener on them, the overall quality and look of my nails has greatly improved. When I go out, I no longer apply color, but leave them natural.

It is a no brainer to schedule the appointments and get the work done. When I finish my pedicure, I just put on my sandals and walk to the car. I did have one time last February where I walked to the car in sandals in 6" of snow--a bit cold on the tootsies.

For those of you who have never experienced a manicure or a pedicure, I would highly recommend it. The manicure is really easy. Men get them all the time. I am frequently asked about my nails. I calmly reply that I get them professionally manicured, and that I take care of myself. The pedicure experience--well, you have to try it to see what I mean.

Just go for it.

Jodi

DanaJ
08-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Pedis are great! I get them all the time, here is a thread I did with pix showing all the steps: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4844

DanaJ