PDA

View Full Version : How many of you starved to get to a smaller dress size?

Jesse69
08-06-2005, 11:01 PM
How many of you starved to get to a smaller dress size? By this I mean you ate very little and did very little exercise to lose weight. By doing this you also lost lean mass (organs + muscle tissue) and became as thin as a woman. I ask this because some of the posted pics have cdr's who look really thin - like they don't have mucle mass on them! Also, how many lbs did you lose and how many dress sizes did you lose?

Most importantly did you put back the weight back on and even gained weight when you went back to regular eating? Maybe you should exercise a lot and then go back to regular eating to maintain your weight and increase your metabolism so you can eat regularly

Do you find it very hard to maintain a diet?

I lost a lot of weight by biking, changing my diet to diet soda and not overating junk foods. I still overate sometimes but my weight goes down naturally by a fast metabolism. I went from a size 16 to size 6 US. I will post a thread in the future of "How I went from Size 16 to size 6."

GypsyKaren
08-07-2005, 12:16 AM
I just lost almost 30 pounds, and I went from a 14 to 6. I feel much better now, and I think I'll try to take off another 10.

GypsyKaren

Sweet Jeanette
08-07-2005, 02:52 AM
Who,---Me?---Starve?---------Never!----I work my weight off in the conventional manner, ---by having plenty of sex with my wife, and watching my diet! :D

Stormgirl
08-07-2005, 03:16 AM
I don't know about starving but I've cut down on eating junk food and drinking soda,also stepped on the amount of exercise I do daily.

Deborah
08-07-2005, 03:21 AM
I've always eaten like a bird just so i can fit into those nice pretty outfits. When i do transition i want to look as thin as i can.

LouiseCassell
08-07-2005, 03:25 AM
I have never stopped eating anything I wanted to, fast food, fresh cream cakes, mmmm - I will have the lot!

KewTnCurvy GG
08-07-2005, 03:36 AM
F@ck No!

The don't call me curvy for nuttin' sweety. Screw that!

Clare
08-07-2005, 06:24 AM
Until my early 30's, my weight was never a problem and i exercised regualry.

Then i met the future wife who was a great cook - cakes, pastries, biscuits, desserts, the list goes on! Anyway, i settled into married life, stopped exercising and got to be very large - maxed out at 105 kilos!

Then the wife left me last May and my weight has tumbled down to 83 kilos in just over two months due to depression etc... Can't say i recommend losing that much mass in such a short period - bad for your long term health!

Anyway, i've only gained 1 kilo of weight back since then and i seem to have stablised for the moment.

But back to the main question. No, i haven't deliberatly starved myself just to fit into smaller sized clothing.

Christine

Mx Justina
08-07-2005, 06:33 AM
The only things causing me difficulty maintaining weight are (1) having to avoid crapped up modern foods with dangerous marketting ingredients and bio-engineering, and (2) PRIONS! and horrid "modern" meat producing practices.

CD passability is about having enough natural traits, expertise and reasonable trade-offs in order to effect convincingly in public (IMO).

The late famous male drag performer Divine...was an obviously overweight individual...BUT, he possesed enought natural traits and expertise to become acclaimed.

Boy George is a relatively tall male, and hardly a weight wraith...But, he has enough natural traits and expertise to present a convincing public femme image.

J.

Toyah
08-07-2005, 08:35 AM
Diet excercise nooo way, everything in moderation apart from beer, its open season on that. Its what corsets are for getting rid of a little bit of tum

ronna
08-07-2005, 08:44 AM
Oh, yes, I have done that!
Having no idea what size dress I could wear, I bought a size 10 over the internet even though I knew in the back of my mind that it would never fit me.
So without even bothering to try it on, I began dieting and bicycling steadily for about 2 weeks, eating only tiny portions at meals and no more than 2 beers in a day.
I was starting to feel pretty good about it, but I don't have a bathroom scale and I don't know if I lost any weight, but I felt a little slimmer.

Then came the moment of truth: I put on the dress but couldn't get it zipped up! Even if I would have had help, I don't think it was going to happen.

Since then I've completely blown my diet and now I'm going to start all over!

carson
08-07-2005, 08:52 AM
I sort of answered this in Melissa Ryan's thread about dieting. In my mid 30's I went from my normal 185lbs up to 250lbs by age 40 due to a sendentary job and home stresses. Now at age 43 I'm back to 195lbs and 10% body fat. How'd I do it? Here's my strict diet regime:
I work out 4 times a week.
I have 2 diet cokes for breakfast, 2 for lunch (and many more through the day!) and a steak for dinner.
1 Cuban cigar and 2 glasses of 15yr. old Scotch before bed. :D
(Oh yeh, I also work about 80-90hrs/week.)
Is only one solid food meal a day "starving yourself?" Been doing it for three years... :think:

So, I doubt I'll get any smaller b/c I won't stop pumping iron - I need it for stress relief. And I love my diet coke - keeps me awake during 16/18hr. days. But I'm content with being a 14-16 dress and 10-12 skirt. :)

cosmolovesph
08-07-2005, 09:35 AM
I just lost almost 30 pounds, and I went from a 14 to 6. I feel much better now, and I think I'll try to take off another 10.

GypsyKaren

Way to go!!

DragonLotus
08-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Since I'm a GG there will be some variances when applying this info to a genetic male, but here's what I've learned in the last 5 months about diet and exercise.

Prologue: I'd been going to the gym doing cardio & lifting weights for 2 years with very little results. Some....just not enough for what I felt was an AWFUL lot of effort. :(

So I decided to hire a trainer for 2 months. Best money I've ever spent. Why? Because he was able to show me the gaps in my efforts and end my weight loss plateau. In 2 months I lost 25 pounds of fat! But the scale did not change because I replaced it with 25 pds of LEAN MUSCLE MASS. I dropped 3 dress sizes in the process. Some things I discovered:

1. One pound of fat takes up THREE TIMES the actual space that one pound of muscle does! No wonder I weighed the same but got a lot smaller.

2. Muscle is metabolic material and FAT is NOT. i.e.: one pound of muscle burns upwards of 50 calories a day just existing, whereas one pound of fat does nothing but sit there waiting to be burned off. Adding 25 pounds of muscle increased my daily metabolism between 900-1250 calories more a day without adding any new activity!! That created a slow but steady burn of fuel stores, as long as I didn't go "wow I'm burning 1250 more calroies a day now, I can have pizza and beer!" lol

3. I wasn't being nearly as consistent with my workouts as I thought. I had to be honest with myself about how often I really went, and stick to a minimum of three days of weight training and 5 days of 30 minute cardio activity. Being held to that by a trainer made me see how often I was shortchanging myself before and bitching about my lack of progress. *slaps forehead*

4. One big reason for weight plateaus is that our bodies get used to what we're trying to do and they ADAPT. Great for survival, as it means we hang on to energy stores, but BAD for weight loss. My trainer has been switching my workouts up. I have two upper, two lower, and a general total body workout that I follow on a chart, alternating every time i go. He says at the end of 8 weeks the whole routine should be revamped and totally different exercises introduced. This will keep my body from adapting and holding on to fat stores. In addition, he puts me on all kinds of neat contraptions, not just weight machines. I use everything from resistance bands, core balance boards, fitness balls, medicine balls, and other assorted "toys". Keeps it fun AND fresh!

5. Our diets are CRAP. They have to be changed on a permanent basis to achieve lasting results. Do I diet? HELL NO. I just stopped eating stuff I knew I had no business eating (Taco Bell, pizza, most man made items like bread and pasta), and have started eating a lot of veggies, brown rice, fish, chicken and tofu. Instead of eating out all the time, I only do it when i can afford to go to a decent sit down place where I can tell them how I want my food (no oil, sauces on the side, etc) I have mostly cut out beer (my one vice), but now I only indulge ocassionally, and I try to find Beck's PREMIUM Light (64 calories and a lot of flavor).

6. Mind over matter will help you to implement such sweeping changes and if you follow through for 2 or three months, you'll find yourself not even wanting the old food you once craved. And when you do eat it, you feel like crap. It's basically just retraining your mind to cooperate with you, and sometimes you have to trick it along the way. Your mileage may vary.

Since genetic males have more capacity to build lean muscle than GG's do, it would take most of you no time at all to add just enough muscle to begin a serious calorie burn. The new muscle will help get rid of the fat (remember that stuff that takes up THREE TIMES as much space in your clothing??) and you will KEEP it off if you keep the muscle maintained. You won't have to worry about getting big and bulky unless you lift HEAVY weights. Less weight and higher reps is all you'll need. Just starving yourself will not cut it, because your body will use the muscle mass as fuel too! You'll end up losing the one tool you have for increasing your ability to burn fat, and every pound of muscle that gets lost along with the fat will decrease your calorie burning by 50 calories. It's a vicious cycle: the more fat (and muscle) you lose, the less you can eat without turning your body into fat again. Why do you think so many people go on these crash diets and only look great for a couple of months? (Oprah and myself included) Talk about sucky!!!!

Sorry for the long post, I just don't want to see you girls starving yourselves to look thin! It's the curse of GG's in our society and I don't want to see it passed on to another gender who has much more capacity for HEALTHY thinness than we do. It would be a real shame.

:thumbsup:

KewTnCurvy GG
08-07-2005, 10:55 AM
Since I'm a GG there will be some variances when applying this info to a genetic male, but here's what I've learned in the last 5 months about diet and exercise.

Prologue: I'd been going to the gym doing cardio & lifting weights for 2 years with very little results. Some....just not enough for what I felt was an AWFUL lot of effort. :(

So I decided to hire a trainer for 2 months. Best money I've ever spent. Why? Because he was able to show me the gaps in my efforts and end my weight loss plateau. In 2 months I lost 25 pounds of fat! But the scale did not change because I replaced it with 25 pds of LEAN MUSCLE MASS. I dropped 3 dress sizes in the process. Some things I discovered:

1. One pound of fat takes up THREE TIMES the actual space that one pound of muscle does! No wonder I weighed the same but got a lot smaller.

2. Muscle is metabolic material and FAT is NOT. i.e.: one pound of muscle burns upwards of 50 calories a day just existing, whereas one pound of fat does nothing but sit there waiting to be burned off. Adding 25 pounds of muscle increased my daily metabolism between 900-1250 calories more a day without adding any new activity!! That created a slow but steady burn of fuel stores, as long as I didn't go "wow I'm burning 1250 more calroies a day now, I can have pizza and beer!" lol

3. I wasn't being nearly as consistent with my workouts as I thought. I had to be honest with myself about how often I really went, and stick to a minimum of three days of weight training and 5 days of 30 minute cardio activity. Being held to that by a trainer made me see how often I was shortchanging myself before and bitching about my lack of progress. *slaps forehead*

4. One big reason for weight plateaus is that our bodies get used to what we're trying to do and they ADAPT. Great for survival, as it means we hang on to energy stores, but BAD for weight loss. My trainer has been switching my workouts up. I have two upper, two lower, and a general total body workout that I follow on a chart, alternating every time i go. He says at the end of 8 weeks the whole routine should be revamped and totally different exercises introduced. This will keep my body from adapting and holding on to fat stores. In addition, he puts me on all kinds of neat contraptions, not just weight machines. I use everything from resistance bands, core balance boards, fitness balls, medicine balls, and other assorted "toys". Keeps it fun AND fresh!

5. Our diets are CRAP. They have to be changed on a permanent basis to achieve lasting results. Do I diet? HELL NO. I just stopped eating stuff I knew I had no business eating (Taco Bell, pizza, most man made items like bread and pasta), and have started eating a lot of veggies, brown rice, fish, chicken and tofu. Instead of eating out all the time, I only do it when i can afford to go to a decent sit down place where I can tell them how I want my food (no oil, sauces on the side, etc) I have mostly cut out beer (my one vice), but now I only indulge ocassionally, and I try to find Beck's PREMIUM Light (64 calories and a lot of flavor).

6. Mind over matter will help you to implement such sweeping changes and if you follow through for 2 or three months, you'll find yourself not even wanting the old food you once craved. And when you do eat it, you feel like crap. It's basically just retraining your mind to cooperate with you, and sometimes you have to trick it along the way. Your mileage may vary.

Since genetic males have more capacity to build lean muscle than GG's do, it would take most of you no time at all to add just enough muscle to begin a serious calorie burn. The new muscle will help get rid of the fat (remember that stuff that takes up THREE TIMES as much space in your clothing??) and you will KEEP it off if you keep the muscle maintained. You won't have to worry about getting big and bulky unless you lift HEAVY weights. Less weight and higher reps is all you'll need. Just starving yourself will not cut it, because your body will use the muscle mass as fuel too! You'll end up losing the one tool you have for increasing your ability to burn fat, and every pound of muscle that gets lost along with the fat will decrease your calorie burning by 50 calories. It's a vicious cycle: the more fat (and muscle) you lose, the less you can eat without turning your body into fat again. Why do you think so many people go on these crash diets and only look great for a couple of months? (Oprah and myself included) Talk about sucky!!!!

Sorry for the long post, I just don't want to see you girls starving yourselves to look thin! It's the curse of GG's in our society and I don't want to see it passed on to another gender who has much more capacity for HEALTHY thinness than we do. It would be a real shame.

:thumbsup:

~YAWN~

Fat Bottom Grrlz You Make the Rockin' World Go 'Round!

Mx Justina
08-07-2005, 11:01 AM
I would suggest for the long stretch (of your remaining life) to regularly walk as much as possible (ie:minimise as much as possible the addiction to the automobile). Also, switch from beer (though it's not particularly fattening) to small amounts of red wine regularly... Lifestyle changes.

(addendum) Congrats on your diet results...but particularly your increased understanding of personal metabolism!

J.

Tristen Cox
08-07-2005, 11:49 AM
I'm one of those snack here and there and one full meal a day types. Even when I eat hardy it just burns up. But I can't drop a few pounds to save my life. Guess I shouldn't complain, just want less in the mid-section so I can show hips.

DragonLotus
08-07-2005, 02:14 PM
~YAWN~

Fat Bottom Grrlz You Make the Rockin' World Go 'Round!

WTH is this :mad: for?

It doesn't matter if you give a shizzle about that advice or not as long as you're content with yourself, so don't be a fcuking hater. I'm ONLY talking to the people who are bothered by how their girly wardrobes look enough to consider the unhealthy option of starving themselves. I was hoping to divert someone from such a destrcutive path cuz I've been there. Perhaps I hit a nerve???

I raise you two yawns and a sack of Doritos. Sheesh.

:P

ronna
08-08-2005, 06:53 AM
Name some names, Jesse!
Who is too thin?

Wendy me
08-08-2005, 07:41 AM
i won't say starved but a fair trade off eatting less and better seams to work but allow your selfe every now and then a cheate time like i have been real good so last night we had chiniese food and i ate way too mutch ....but i will be more busy and eat right so one treat won't kill me staveing not good ...

Holly
08-08-2005, 08:04 AM
...Sorry for the long post, I just don't want to see you girls starving yourselves to look thin! It's the curse of GG's in our society and I don't want to see it passed on to another gender who has much more capacity for HEALTHY thinness than we do. It would be a real shame.

:thumbsup:DragonLotus,

Thank you for your caring and sensitive/sensable post. It is GG's such as yourself that make CD's\TG's like myself hope that we will one day find full acceptance in your world. Thanks for talking to me like I'm one of your own.

Mx Justina
08-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Clothing fit and balanced appearance outweigh any need to get into any desired "small size"!

For me, If I tried (and I could) getting into a size 8... The effort would be max counterintuitive!... I achieve the fit...but lose my hips, and my face would look haggard as hell (due to loss of surface facial fat).

Quite happy with a size 12 (and LOOSER clothing enhance appearance of thin and grace anyway).

J.

Adrianne
08-08-2005, 08:40 PM
I am happy the way i am, i am a size 12 skirt & pants, 14/16 dress or top, i would never starved myself as i enjoy my food too much.

Adrianne.

carson
08-08-2005, 08:57 PM
I am happy the way i am, i am a size 12 skirt & pants, 14/16 dress or top, i would never starved myself as i enjoy my food too much.

Adrianne.

Damn sister,

If you lived about 1,400mi further north, we could share wardrobes. What a time we'd have! :)

Jesse69
08-08-2005, 09:20 PM
Name some names, Jesse!
Who is too thin?

I forgot the names of some people that I saw that were really thin. But I once talked to Gina Lima and she said she starved herself a little to get into a smaller size. Like a 6' person at 144 lbs is really low weight for that height.

I mostly started this thread to learn about people who lost weight the bad way - by starving.

Anyway, some of you cdr's look passable even if you are fat - like Allison_Anderson? from Australia.

I would never starve myself to lose weight, I just love food! But I did go from 205 lbs to 140 lbs in 2 years by biking 4353 miles !

Adrianne
08-08-2005, 09:29 PM
Damn sister,

If you lived about 1,400mi further north, we could share wardrobes. What a time we'd have! :)

Carson thanks, but i am only 5'2" tall so i always got to take my pants up.

Adrianne.

Tristen Cox
08-08-2005, 11:26 PM
Carson thanks, but i am only 5'2" tall so i always got to take my pants up.

Adrianne.
5'2"?!

bitch

ronna
08-31-2005, 06:54 AM
I have been so hungry lately, and working so hard, that I am nearly wasting away! Meanwhile, my sister Ronni has been hitting the donuts pretty hard lately and it clearly shows.

KarenNY
08-31-2005, 07:18 AM
I never really starved myself, but I did watch what I ate -- I was a regular crossdresser (with my mother's acceptance and, some would say, indulgence) from my early teens on up. In my 20s I didn't really eat a whole lot and I exercised regularly (jogging, distance running) and I was down to about 130 pounds. I was always rather small and slender, being about 5-foot-5 and 125 when I graduated from high school -- which I must say was an absolute godsend when it came to being passable en femme. My dress size back then was about 9/10 juniors. :)
When I was in college I got up to about 140 with a barley-and-hops diet, but I shed the weight when I started running after college, and I wore a size 12 dress.
I didn't start putting weight on again until after I got married, wife and I had kids, and we started leading a more sedentary lifestyle. Now I'm about 5-6 and 160 because I'm actually eating normal -- but I need to get more exercise now at age 35. Plus my dress size has ballooned to about a 14 going on 16. :(

Katie Ashe
08-31-2005, 08:30 AM
Doing it now... I lost around 15 pounds so far. Still a size 14-16... would like to be a 12 though. It sucks, I'm always hungry. Please understand My family is naturally heavy set, no kidding about that :o

Jerry
08-31-2005, 08:51 AM
As a civil engineer I always come back to the formula.
Output > Input = weight loss.

As everyone has said, there are lots of ways to approach either the input or output. But I tend to fluxuate depending on how healthy I'm behaving. I'm up to a size 16 right now and not happy about it. I've been comfortably in a 12 and felt I was almost where I wanted to be. I think my healthy target weight would put me in a 10. (5'10") So back to the exercise and ease off on the calories and I should be there for the holidays. Then be smart enough to stay there!

Hog hugs to all from AR. Jerry

Ayla GG
08-31-2005, 02:27 PM
Oh no you didn't.....please don't starve yourself or start having body issues like us GGs!!! Men are so lucky that they don't have the kind of pressure the way GGs do in terms of bodies & looks.

Women's bodies biologically have the tendency to store fat, therefor..when we over eat & eat more kcal than what our body needs....we gain weight easier than men! It's so much harder for a GG to go the gym & lose the weight compared to men. With just a couple of times going to the gym, you can start seeing some progress/ result already if you're a guy.

I've done the starving method but it just made me super cranky, bitchy & caused bad headaches because of hypoglycemia.

I've done the protein diet thing before all the protein diet craze even started....it made extremely bitchy & again bad headaches. Since I did this before the protein diet fad started, there were no lo carb products out there available like these days. I was miserable because I couldn't get my dark chocolate fix & I got sick of eating chorizo sausages & greasy meats.

What works for me? I lost about 15-18 lbs since last year without trying so hard. I went semi vegetarian. I eat a lot green leafy veges, morning star products like the vege burger, soy buffalo wings. I do not touch junk food or any fast food other than their salads & use dressings very sparingly. No sodas, or juices or sports drinks. I get my sugar fix from eating dark chocolates in small amounts & vanilla/ chocolate soy milk. I eat plenty of nuts if I want to snack.

I try to stay away as much as possible from eating chicken or beef during the weekdays, only fish or some seafood if I feel like it. I just started shedding the pounds easily, rapidly...my complexion & skin look better. I feel really good, not sluggish at all. I've developed a healthier eating habbit by watching portions & choosing the kinds of foods I eat. My clothing size went from size 6 or 8 to a size 2 & my jeans size went down from a 27-28 to a 25. :D

Actually, Ophelia stopped going to fast food places & if she does, she knows which fare is the healthier choice. She also stopped drinking sodas & eat healthy snacks. I'm so proud of my boo :love:

Maddie Knight
08-31-2005, 04:25 PM
I wish I could starve myself, but when I think of dieting I think of food and it makes me hungry.

Jesse69
08-31-2005, 05:49 PM
... My clothing size went from size 6 or 8 to a size 2 & my jeans size went down from a 27-28 to a 25. :D

What's your height and weight? I thought size 6 or 8 on a woman was a good size for a woman that's not too fat. I thought size 10 and up is getting fat!

Size 2? <- You must be 4' 10" tall right?

I love food, and despite that I lost 65 lbs by burning it all off by biking. No complicated diets for me, just less junk food and drinking diet sodas. I will tell all in a future thread titled, "How I went from size 16 to 6."

kymmieLorain
08-31-2005, 07:05 PM
I would love to go from an 18 to an 8.

Kymmie

steffie39
08-31-2005, 07:15 PM
I'm about a 14 dress size. I'd like to get to a 10/12.

Steffie

Mary M
08-31-2005, 07:29 PM
after a year of drab i need to lose a ton.

ooxx

Jodi
08-31-2005, 07:30 PM
Jessie, I have noted in your posts that you throw around the "F" word when referring to a woman's size. Yes--the "F" word is FAT. That is a word that is never used around any woman regardless of her size. As I have said, I have worked part time in both the Limited and New York & Co. In these stores, and any other women's clothing store, the "F" word is strictly forbidden to be used. If you want to enhance your popularity with women, I recommend that you begin to use other words to describe a size change, but don't ever say the word "fat".

As for weight, I am 5' 9" and weigh 150#. I work darn hard to maintain it. I watch what I eat, meaning smaller portions, no junkfood, and lots of veggies. I also excercise. I am a size 14 on the top and a size 6 or 8 on the bottom. I hope to maintain this. At my age, it becomes increasingly difficult to maintain this weight and body structure.

Jodi

Georgette
08-31-2005, 08:05 PM
I Haven't Starved Myself But I Got Back On A Good Eating Regimine To Be Able To Fit In This. I Can Hardly Wait For The Weekend.

Jesse69
08-31-2005, 09:11 PM
Jessie, I have noted in your posts that you throw around the "F" word when referring to a woman's size. Yes--the "F" word is FAT. That is a word that is never used around any woman regardless of her size. As I have said, I have worked part time in both the Limited and New York & Co. In these stores, and any other women's clothing store, the "F" word is strictly forbidden to be used. If you want to enhance your popularity with women, I recommend that you begin to use other words to describe a size change, but don't ever say the word "fat".

As for weight, I am 5' 9" and weigh 150#. I work darn hard to maintain it. I watch what I eat, meaning smaller portions, no junkfood, and lots of veggies. I also excercise. I am a size 14 on the top and a size 6 or 8 on the bottom. I hope to maintain this. At my age, it becomes increasingly difficult to maintain this weight and body structure.

Jodi

The only other words I can use are overweight, big, and you wouldn't want me to say obese. Otherwise, there's no other way to say it but use the word FAT. I know fat people don't like to be called fat - and I was once fat and obese - but maybe fat people deserve to be called fat because they eat too much, too badly, or don't exercise. But there are people with poor genetics that are born fat - you can't blame those too much.

Thanks for sharing your size info. I'm interested in the stats of real women becuase I'm wondering what size woman can fit into my beautiful clothes.

Karren H
08-31-2005, 09:48 PM
Didn't starve, Ice hockey twice a week. No seconds, and no eathing after dinner. Lost 47 pounds in 9 months and gained 3 back over the summer.. But also lost another dress size over the summer!! Went from an 18 to approaching a 10..

Karren