PDA

View Full Version : Hobbies/professions nurturing the femme side

WifeAndMom
01-27-2010, 10:46 PM
I'm curious if anyone has taken the love of women's clothes and such out of their home and spun it into a hobby or profession? To clarify, have any of you taken the love of womens clothes into a career in fashion or costume design for theatre?

I ask because I wonder if my husband may find a way to express his love for the clothes or female form through another means to feel even more comfortable or in touch with his femme side. He is very creative and loves the texture and look of women's clothing.

melissacd
01-27-2010, 10:52 PM
It is possible to do these types of things, you just have to get the courage up to ask iat a place in your local area.

WifeAndMom
01-27-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm not really suggesting finding a career or hobby where my husband can be dressed as a woman but more spinning the love of the clothes into something that would help satisfy the love of women and clothes outside of his CD'ing.

I have no problem with his CD'ing and I'm not sure he has any interest in taking it outside of our home but he loves fabrics and textures and different looks.

So I wonder if anyone has a profession or hobby outside of CD'ing that fills part of that love in a different way? Does this make sense?

Wen4cd
01-27-2010, 11:03 PM
I spent several years as a costume designer and custom seamstress/dressmaker. Designing isn't so bad, but sewing is a lot of labor, (and I mean a LOT of hours) for very little return. I was my own sweat-shop. I would spend the entire months of September and October sequestered in the sewing room, endlessly making costumes.

Nowadays, I only sew for my own raiment, (I make what I wear) or as gifts for close friends / SO. I may get back into it one day, but I sort of doubt it.

MarciManseau
01-27-2010, 11:03 PM
We both make jewelry and love to sew, but it's just a hobby, nothing that's ever going to make money.

Hugs, Marci and Julie :hugs:

Karren H
01-27-2010, 11:14 PM
Does working in underground coal mining and playing ice hockey count?

corynn
01-27-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm curious if anyone has taken the love of women's clothes and such out of their home and spun it into a hobby or profession? To clarify, have any of you taken the love of womens clothes into a career in fashion or costume design for theatre?

I ask because I wonder if my husband may find a way to express his love for the clothes or female form through another means to feel even more comfortable or in touch with his femme side. He is very creative and loves the texture and look of women's clothing.

I say why not love what you do for a living
Open a CD shop in your neck of the woods and your husband and yourself can not on;y support all of us girls but have fun doing so as well :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

*Andrea*
01-27-2010, 11:55 PM
Nice topic!
I would like to have a shoe shop!!! Not sure if I could make enough money but I would love the buying process and recommending what to buy to female costumers! And my wife would love it too...

corynn
01-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Check this out where i used to live in northern California

http://www.carlas.com/
is your wife ,wife and mom ?
if it is i hope i gave both of you a great idea

Nice topic!
I would like to have a shoe shop!!! Not sure if I could make enough money but I would love the buying process and recommending what to buy to female costumers! And my wife would love it too...