PDA

View Full Version : Budget planning your crossdressing????

Princess Chantal
01-28-2010, 12:29 AM
Do you have a set monetary budget for your crossdressing appearance (clothing, make up, etc)? If so is it annually, monthly, or weekly planned? What is your mind focused on more, the quality of the products (most likely settling for less products for the $) or the quantity of products (most likely settling for low quality)?

Do you have a set balance on the time spent crossdressing (like so many times a month)? Which would you rather spend your crossdressing time on, dressed to the nines or casually dressed (both is not an optional answer here)? What is the estimated dressed to the nines to casual look ratio of your actual dressing?

For those that go out in public often:
Do you have a set monetary budget for your crossdressing activities? Do you/Would you limit your shopping trips, clubbing and other outtings that could be done virtually any day/night to save the $ for an annual thing like a Gala or convention? Would you rather do several everyday type of outtings by yourself/few friends or do a couple of big social functions making new friends (both is not an optional answer here)?

Cathytg
01-28-2010, 12:31 AM
I am afraid that my CD budget lately is - zero. But that's just as well, if I had unlimited funds, I would need to add on to the house.

Princess Chantal
01-28-2010, 12:35 AM
Wow quick answer..... Feel free to answer to more than the questions involving the monetary factor

AliceJaneInNewcastle
01-28-2010, 12:50 AM
I have never set a budget limit as such. I just don't get a lot of time to spend money, and I generally only spend cash on my girl stuff, so it's limited by how much cash I have at the time.

Sally24
01-28-2010, 06:28 AM
I don't have a dollar amount but try to keep it modest. Most of my clothes are from clearance or thrift stores so I save tons there! My outings call for a couple of drinks and maybe a cover charge so that's not very expensive.

I prefer my outings with wife and daughter over just about anything else. Those are the days that feel the most "real". I really enjoy my outings to the clubs, but that is a party thing and not real day to day life.

Yearly gatherings like First Event are great for meeting new people and getting to learn new things. I've only done local ones so the cost is pretty low. I would love to do SCC some year but that would be something I'd have to budget all year to be able to afford.

Phyliss
01-28-2010, 07:16 AM
Budget? budget? ... Don't need no steenkeng budget. When the Sherriff comes to the door with the repossesion papers, I stop shopping for awhile.

Rogina B
01-28-2010, 08:34 AM
I work for myself in the marine trades.If I am not doing,then I am not earning.It is a tough economy,despite what Wall Street says.My costs are up and people don't have extra money to spend as much went to fuel,etc. My out and about girl time is limited by my lack of free time. However,the financial picture is probably similar to others here,though they may not admit it. IT COSTS ME DOUBLE! Why? It seems like everydollar spent on Rogina is matched by one spent on or by my wife.If we are shopping together,then it is obvious.If it is something that she orders from Bebe,VS,etc online,it is less obvious...for a while!! There is an underlying jealousy thing in the household for sure and that just doubles the budget. That extra girl in the household can be expensive.:2c:

dancer1
01-28-2010, 08:59 AM
No i set no budget for anything i want, Nadeen has her own credit line, and depending on her feelings that day will dictate how much at one point she will spend.
I love quality and that's why 80% is bought at VS. I buy from Fredrick's the shoes and accessories.
I have my own company and allow Nadeen the privilege of the clock the only no show job on the payroll.
I have 3 women on my staff, 2 that Nadeen is out too. The other works part time in the afternoon, and i don't have to interact with her too much.
The evenings i have a teen boy to be concerned with so i don't dress in front of him, and Nadeen has her own suite with BR, LR, KIT, FB, and Laundry.
I only go out in public with the local group, we meet once a month that is the only time i dress to the nine's most of the time i feel better casual.
The suite on the second floor IS coded locked and off limits to all including my wife. Shes a size 6 too feel a little pilfering going on:heehee:
And in my office i have a attached private bathroom with shower.
I would love to do the every day walk among the masses routine but i don't see that day near soon.
I have it better than some and worst than others life is tough enough with placing limits on the very part of my life that has a closet door attached to it.
But in closing my best decision has been joining this forum which has great reward for every level of Cross-dressers

Karren H
01-28-2010, 09:00 AM
I don't really have a budget... Money is not really an issue.. I spend what I want to... Actually lately I've been spending more money on hockey equipment than on crossdressing.. Doesn't make me play any better but I look damn good... Kind of the same as crossdressing! :)

karen68
01-28-2010, 09:16 AM
No Budget, if Karen wants it then she gets it, no matter the cost, I spend as much time as she wants me too, when she calls me then she is here, which is getting more and more as of late, she dresses as she wants too and no set theme, sometimes to the nines and sometimes just casual.
She rules me not me ruling her.:)

BLUE ORCHID
01-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Hi Chantal
Whatever is leftover after buying gasoline for my pickup and some ammo.

..................................L M A O ..................

Realy I watch for sales and clearence racks now that I am retired
an I have so much in my closets I have slowed down some what
but I can't keep away from Payless shoes shoes are my down fall
I came home with three pairs yesterday. O. C. D. for shoes.

Orchid

Jocelyn Quivers
01-28-2010, 10:01 AM
Budget- is weekly, but is limited. The days of blowing hundreds of dollars a week are gone, :sad: clothes in and of themselves are kind of secondary, elctrolysis sessions, wigs, and make up have taken over as the top priorty for funding.

Time balance- is around 4 days a month are spent dressed to the nines or as I call them photo op days which consist of most of the day being dressed minus running errands. The other days are spent dressed completely (kind of grown out of the partial dressing thing) but just looking more homely.:o I would rather spend more time dressed to the nines for now.

I currently and for the foreseable future do not go out in public. Although things could change.:heehee:

kimdl93
01-28-2010, 10:52 AM
I'd say that my spending habits are monthly, but I have a long term plan in mind. I want to have appropriate attire for each season. I probably spend $100-150 per month, although that figure varies depending on the kinds of sales I can find!

Here in Houston, that means comfortably cool to incredibly Hot!! So for summer months, my attire is pretty androgynous - tank tops, linen beach pants, short linen & cotton skirts. Something I can wear around the house or pool. In cooler weather, I've got an array of knit tops, sweater dresses etc. And an array of tights to go with the colors and weather!

Overall, as a mature woman, I prefer fairly timeless styles...so my wardrobe doesn't have to change much from year to year.

Loni
01-28-2010, 11:59 AM
budget...we dont need no stinking budget:eek:

O yes we do! spent part of the rent money last night.:doh:

but what i bought:heehee:

windycissy
01-28-2010, 12:31 PM
No fixed budget, I love to shop for bargains and you'll find me at Payless, Marshalls, Ross and Burlington as well as prowling the sales at the mall department stores...ditto my makeup, mostly Cover Girl although I do have a weakness for expensive lipstick. My outings are usually frugal except when I'm out on the town with girlfriends, then it's a big splurge but worth it!

sherri52
01-28-2010, 01:31 PM
In my younger days it was leftover money that I used on CD supplies. I've had children since I was 18 and an the army. There wasn't much money, if I had money after the bills were paid I might buy a dress or lipstick. Now 40 yrs later I do what I want when I want. As expected I'm not married anymore.

5150 Girl
01-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Beeing out of work at the moment, I have no funds for anyting right now.

suchacutie
01-28-2010, 03:03 PM
We have no budget for Tina. When I thought about your question I realized that it would be impossible! My masculine and feminine side share and I'm not sure who is whom.

For example: Who gets the budget for toner, conditioner, moisturizer, and all the rest that both of us benefit from since we use the same body? Yes, makeup and all is clearly on the Tina side, but the rest is a mix. Even the razor cream for shaving is needed by both.

Then there is the clothes problem. We haven't bought a "male" jean is 4 years. We share panties. Clearly the dresses belong to Tina.

So, I guess there would have to be 3 budgets, him, her, and shared! Too complicated...we just share his budget. LOL...isn't that stereotypical!!!

tina

Jodi
01-28-2010, 09:53 PM
I have no budget set for CD buying. I worked very hard during my work career, so I have adequate resources to live and play. My current femme wardrobe is very complete. So, I am discriminating on what I buy. I don't shop as often as I once did, but when I shop, I shop for quality clothing and shoes. These must not only look good, but must fit perfiectly before I buy.

Jodi

Stephanie Miller
01-28-2010, 10:34 PM
My budget for CD "stuff" falls into the same catagory as any other non-essential spending. I just have to decide where it goes. Male clothes, hunting gear, fishing, hobbies, flowers for the wife, dinner out etc.

Of course when I get my stimulus check things will get better! :yahoo:

:rolleyes:

joann07
01-28-2010, 11:22 PM
Me, I really don't have any set budgets or spending limits.
I just try not to spend too much on things and just look for the good sales and discounts where I can get the most for my money.

Although I'm financially secure, I've done my part to cut down on unncessary spending. I've going out to eat less frequently and buying groceries and cooking at home a lot more so that I'll have leftovers that will last a few days to a week.
Things like that help extend my money so that, just in case, I do fall on hard times I'll at least have some $$$ to spend while I'm trying to get back on my feet.

Hugs!

Tina L.
01-28-2010, 11:52 PM
It's pretty much what ever my gf will allow, she says i own more panties than five women combined.

Tina L.