PDA

View Full Version : More laid back GGs

DiannaRose
01-28-2010, 07:51 PM
I was waiting in line at AJ Wright today to buy a really cute black satin top I found there...long sleeved, wicked ruffles down the front. Adorable!

I was second in line after a woman. We were waiting for the woman at the counter to finish buying the half of the store she decided to purchase today. So the woman in front of me in line says I can go ahead of her, because I only have one item (here she looks again at the obviously feminine blouse I'm holding) and guys are always quicker about buying things, and she's making a return anyway.

We made much small talk (the customer at the counter is buying half a store, remember), three of four times during which she mentions or looks at the blouse. She doesn't say anything about it, but her entire conversation was as natural as if I was buying a pair of nikes. She clearly noticed I was buying an article of female clothing, but whether she thought I was buying for my wife or myself didn't matter. She just took it in stride.

Six months ago I would have been nervous as heck and inadvertently given myself away. Today, buying femme clothes is almost as natural to me as breathing.

Now, if only I had the freedom to do my shopping en femme! (I know, Bethany...baby steps...LOL)

No real point to the story, folks, just relaying a pleasant shopping experience. :)

By the way...the XL satin top is too small...gonna take it back Monday and see if they have an XXL. Wish me luck, because it is SO cute!

VanessaVW
01-28-2010, 07:54 PM
The first time I shopped in a mall I swore that every eyeball was on me, even though that wasn't the case. I think that the majority of people really don't care. (And that's a good thing.) I mean, what business is it of their's?

Renee_E
01-29-2010, 06:56 AM
Shopping is usually a pleasant experience for me. I have only had a couple of dirty looks from sales people as I checked out. I have even bought lingere and not had an adverse reaction from anyone.

Tina L.
01-29-2010, 08:12 AM
You know girls it's a perfect time to buy all your lacy thing
with valentine's day coming up. i can go right in to some stores and buy anything other i can't.

Tina L.

lauraabdl
01-29-2010, 08:14 AM
I agree Renee E, most people don't notice an the ones that do well some are nice an a few are well not so nice.
I know that I don't pass but I have mustered up the courge of late an well its an awsume experience to shop dressed.
Just be trueful to your self and others an that way I know you will have fun and most of the time enjoy yourself. The few who don't like it, don't bother me anymore.
The more I get out the more comfortable I have become. Most of the fears were only in my head, I have had wonderful experience for generally almost all of the times. The seldom off color remarks are few an far between. We are crossdressers an we need to get out too. For the most part women are interested or fasintated in how I dress an what I feel, I love it when a perfect stranger come up to you to ask you if you like the dress or skirt you have in your hand an if you are well on stage some place? I love it when I tell them no its just me an I like to dress this way. Most are ok with this as they see I'm beinging honest with them.

Karren H
01-29-2010, 12:53 PM
I went to K-mart yesterday to pickup a few things for a trip including 2 bras and a new top and when I went to check out this SA in the other isle was going on and on about smelling something or other and maybe she's worked at K-mart too long and blah blah blah blah bllllaaaaahhhh.. A mile a minute and everyone was just kind of looking at her??

So the older lady checking me out is listening to this and turns to me and says "There's smart and then there K-mart smart" rolling her eyes and nodding towards the other SA... I don't know if you've seen that "K-mart smart" TV ad but I lost it and started LOLing there at the checkout... My SA said "at least it made you laugh" that was too funny and you had to be there.. No one cared what I was buying.

Nicole Erin
01-29-2010, 12:58 PM
So the older lady checking me out is listening to this and turns to me and says "There's smart and then there K-mart smart" rolling her eyes and nodding towards the other SA... I don't know if you've seen that "K-mart smart" TV ad but I lost it and started LOLing there at the checkout... My SA said "at least it made you laugh" that was too funny and you had to be there.. No one cared what I was buying.

OH I would have died. :devil:

And yeah people don't care who buys what.
Even if they do, they probably have a problem with everyone and everything.

No worries.

Kathi Lake
01-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Hi Dianna!

. . . aaaaand we're going to see the pretty top when, exactly? :)

Sounds like a good time. Isn't it nice to just chat and feel like it's the most normal thing in the world? It sure beats being nervous enough to marinate your own t-shirt, doesn't it?

Kathi

Rianna Humble
01-29-2010, 01:34 PM
We made much small talk (the customer at the counter is buying half a store, remember), three of four times during which she mentions or looks at the blouse. She doesn't say anything about it, but her entire conversation was as natural as if I was buying a pair of nikes. She clearly noticed I was buying an article of female clothing, but whether she thought I was buying for my wife or myself didn't matter. She just took it in stride.

Six months ago I would have been nervous as heck and inadvertently given myself away. Today, buying femme clothes is almost as natural to me as breathing.

I'm so pleased for you, Chicklet. :bighug:

It took courage to stand there knowing the top was for you, but hopefully this will have helped you understand that you don't turn into a two-headed monster when you are buying for Dianna even if you are in drab.

You will go shopping dressed when you are ready for it. :)

By the way...the XL satin top is too small...gonna take it back Monday and see if they have an XXL. Wish me luck, because it is SO cute!

Since you asked so nicely (as you always do): Good Luck for Monday.

ReineD
01-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Diana .. something to consider. If you were buying that top as a gift for your SO, would you have felt differently six months ago? It is normal to see men buying women's clothing, even lingerie, :) and I've always assumed the item was a gift. Why would the GG you were talking to think otherwise?

I'm glad you had a good time!
:hugs:

Brandi Wyne
01-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Diana,
I got one of those a few days ago when I went to Pennys to see about buying a blouse and a couple of pieces of jewelry. The registers were few and the lines long, and of course, mostly women.

I dutifully returned smiles and made a bit of small talk but mostly got some looks for the things I was buying. "Is he or isn't he?" When I finally got to the SA, she commented on the jewelry and how my wife would love it. I did stop and say, with a smile, "It's not for her" without explaining. I'm sure there were some tittering in the line but I just got my new duds and left.

A while back, the long line would have just put off any idea of getting anything at all. I have shopped while dressed and did well but still have some voice issues so that also raised some eyebrows.:heehee:

DiannaRose
01-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Diana .. something to consider. If you were buying that top as a gift for your SO, would you have felt differently six months ago? It is normal to see men buying women's clothing, even lingerie, :) and I've always assumed the item was a gift. Why would the GG you were talking to think otherwise?

I'm glad you had a good time!
:hugs:

Oh no, Reine...I would have been a little nervous if buying for my wife, but when I first started shopping for myself I knew without a doubt that all eyes were looking at me and seeing that I was buying for me.

It was more of a personal milestone than a general one. :) I've gotten really laid back about buying femme stuff. Almost bought a two-piece bikini at Target the other day, 'cause all the summer stuff is out. Would have bought it without a blink, if I'd have had the budget. :)