PDA

View Full Version : Got a few things sorted in my head last night

Gemma Rhodes
08-07-2005, 07:07 AM
Hi girls,

I was out in Town last night (in drab obviously) and was doing a lot of RG watching. There were some really gorgeous RGs out but there were also some really ugly overweight RGs too and I know I do look a lot better than them when dressed.

The thing is even the ugly girls looked naturally fem and I think that is something I will never be able to do due to the size of my frame. Anyway I realise now that I am never going to be able to pass totally in general public but need to express my fem side on a regular basis so as long as I can dress at home when I like and there are places like PP and TX that I can go to on a regular basis then I will be very happy, and being happy is what lifes all about isn't it.

I know that I will never be able to walk down the high street without being read but I don't have to do that to be content.

I am not even nervous about my impending debut anymore as I know this is something that I must and will do and am really looking forward to the buzz I will get when I first step out my hotel room dressed.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Hugs

Gemma xx

Melissa Ryan
08-07-2005, 07:49 AM
Gemma, This "THING" we do, is not about what others see and react to. As I see and think, it is about what you feel from it.I do go out, and I do get made. But as time has gone on, I have got a lot more comfortable with myself. In being comfortable, it gives off more a natural "way" about yourself. In that, I dont mean that no one will pick you. I simply mean that you are not focused on by every one within 40 feet of you. The girls you have spoken of, have lived their lives as themselves, and there fore, for however,are "comfortable" in being, Well, themselves. We, all of us, need to understand. That not every one is looking to see a guy in a dress. Most will just move on if they do think that. You in effect, you CAN be anything, or ,anyone you want to be. As long as you accept this yourself before you try to tell the world about it. I do feel that the world is full of beatifull people, whether considered ugly or fat. Under the flag we fly, I dont think that any of us should throw stones though. My advise, just be you,accept yourself (and me) and do your best to enjoy the best your life can give you! :love:

.........Melissa.............

Tristen Cox
08-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Gemma playing the part so to speak is really a mindset. Whether or not your body fits that your mental attitude shows in your appearance. Personally from the make over photos you look very fem to me and there are some tall women out there;) But the point is for you to be comfortable. Not thinking selfish but just ignoring the doubts and going with the flow. Something I have to practice up on myself. Confidence shows the same as if you are happy. Others will pick up on that. If you feel doubt others will pick up on that too.

I think you'll do just fine :)

Natalie x
08-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Ultimately, Gemma, it's not about how "you" fit into "their" world, but about "you" living "your" life for yourself.

carson
08-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Hi Gemma,

Sounds like you had some interesting insights last night. I'm not going to go on about how you look or how you can look (I think you look just fine) because the girls in the posts ahead of me have done a fine job of expressing all that. What I wanted to say has to do with being "made." I personally have never ventured out so I commend anyone with the courage to do so. I don't know if I ever will, so you may think I'm talking out of my a$$ with this observation but...Sure, you may get made now and then, but remember this: People see what they expect to see (and they're not very observant or interested) so if they see a person in a dress and heels walking towards them...then it's a woman. So I admire you for your thoughtful reflections and for your imminent debut! :thumbsup: :)

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-08-2005, 12:08 AM
Hi Gemma,

The truth is, few of us pass 100% of the time, even post-ops. OTOH, I'm 5'10" and broad-shouldered so I'm not exactly a petite gal, but there are GGs who are larger than me. Not many, admittedly, but they do exist.

If you ever feel the desire to go out in public, by all means do. It sounds like you've already got a good attitude. Getting read may be painful the first couple times but it isn't the end of the world. Just act like you deserve respect and you'll usually get it.

And just remember, dressing well is the best revenge... ;)

Phoebe Reece
08-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Gemma,

For most of us, passing is an unrealistic goal. I am 6'-0" in stocking feet, well over 200 pounds and just manage to fit into an American size 20 dress. Does that stop me from going out? No. Last Saturday (during the day) another CD friend and I spent over an hour in a large cosmetics shop looking and trying things out. We then went to an electronics store and looked at televisions for another 20 minutes. And we were not wearing jeans and t-shirts like most of the other female customers. I had on a two-piece dress, hose, and flats while my friend had a nice top, skirt, hose and heels on. Were we read? Of course we were! One sales assistant in the cosmetics store even addressed my friend as "Sir". Did we have any problems with sales staff or customers in any of these establishments? No. We conducted ourselves as ladies and were treated as such. My experience has been that if you conduct yourself with pride and give a little smile to those who notice you, you'll be just fine.