PDA

View Full Version : Where are the “Ugly Women” on this site?

Danielle Gee
01-30-2010, 12:36 PM
I’ve read post after post from “Ladies” obsessed with passing in public ( I include myself in this category) , Lots of us girls always say things like “I’m too tall” or “I’m too fat” or “I’m too masculine”. If one would go by the written text of this site alone, you would think we’re all a band of hulking Ogres!!

But then, I look at the thousands of photos on this site and think “These women are quite pretty”!!!! I promise you ladies, in my little town alone there are hundreds of GGs who can’t hold a candle to most of you. All one needs to do to prove my statement in to go to Wal-Mart and spend an hour studying the folks you see.

So I think we should all go to our friends’ page and give each of them a big “ATTA-GIRL” for a job well done

Love Ya All:love:
Danielle

Bethany38
01-30-2010, 12:52 PM
Here is one right here. I am not what I would call pretty, but I am happy. :)

Danielle Gee
01-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Well, I disagree.....I think you're Beautiful:thumbsup:

Bailey_in_Mansfield
01-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Some of us may not be showing a picture that's actually us however... Take me for example, that avatar is not really me... It's more a representation of how I feel on the inside when I go femme... It's how I would LIKE to look. :)

Desiree8
01-30-2010, 01:25 PM
very well said, Danielle!
Thanks so much for the uplifting words!
:hugs: :love:

insearchofme
01-30-2010, 01:25 PM
If you saw me without makeup I'd fit into the ugly catagory. As it is I hope I'm in the "not ulgy " catagory.

5150 Girl
01-30-2010, 01:32 PM
But then, I look at the thousands of photos on this site and think “These women are quite pretty”!!!! I promise you ladies, in my little town alone there are hundreds of GGs who can’t hold a candle to most of you.

Yes, but there is also a difence between beeing pretty and passing to...
You can still be pretty, but, have some feature that screams "male" from a mile away. Likewise, one could be ugly as a mud fence, but not have any features to give them away.

Kaitlyn Michele
01-30-2010, 01:37 PM
obsessed with how I look....check
Worrying about being looked at funny ...check
6'2"... check
Problems when I'm looked at funny? NEVER...

You really can go outside all you want, just be careful

Time and experience helps alot, and now I dont worry nearly as much. I look forward to when I don't worry ever, at all..

i think maybe you could say the same thing without dissing our gg friends though...:hugs:

pernille d
01-30-2010, 01:45 PM
its true what you say ,and a good statement

but somehow i still feel that i can not show my face mainly not because i am frightened but mostly as i think i ugly(mainly as i am not too good at make up) , i think generally we cd,ers have more of a passion for getting it right therfore put more of effort into things, and i would guess its not so much looks that let us down its probbly due to other factors

Danielle Gee
01-30-2010, 01:58 PM
If you saw me without makeup I'd fit into the ugly catagory. As it is I hope I'm in the "not ulgy " catagory.

I think you're beautiful too!!!:love:

obsessed with how I look....check
Worrying about being looked at funny ...check
6'2"... check
Problems when I'm looked at funny? NEVER...

You really can go outside all you want, just be careful

Time and experience helps alot, and now I dont worry nearly as much. I look forward to when I don't worry ever, at all..

i think maybe you could say the same thing without dissing our gg friends though...:hugs:

I live in a small town (20,000) and we have at least one woman 6"2" in fact she once played Basketball on the US olympic team. Everyone looked at her funny, but we all loved her:love: PS I meant no disrespct to GGs

bethany356
01-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Why? Because none of you ladies are afraid to be yourselves! I admire everyone of you for that, and am actually a little jealous... And who cares if some of your "masculine features" are obvious? Howmany GGs have you heard of having "man hands" or really bushy eyebrows??

abigailf
01-30-2010, 02:12 PM
It's amazing what a coat of spackle can do.

Bethany38
01-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Danielle, TY for the compliment, that made my day.

bethany356
01-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Bethany38... You scared me for a moment! I saw bethany3... and was a little confused. But Hi! I'm bethany!

Miranda09
01-30-2010, 02:18 PM
I live in a small town (20,000) and we have at least one woman 6"2" in fact she once played Basketball on the US olympic team. Everyone looked at her funny, but we all loved her:love: PS I meant no disrespct to GGs

That is very cool!!! :)

msginaadoll
01-30-2010, 03:12 PM
I think a lot of us do have insecurities about our appearance. I have never considered myself or will as being beautiful. At time I can accept not bad or not hideous. Sometimes I almost feel good about myself like when I went to the club yesterday, but then I see a stunning girl and the insecurities surface again. Most of us are our own worst critics and focus on the things that dont look perfect. Its a struggle I do fight with and try to keep reminding myself this is not a competition. Also I think most of us try to put our best pics up and not the ones that look like Lurch in drag. Just my two cents.

slamddoger
01-30-2010, 03:36 PM
all of you are beautiful i dont see any ulgy once

Danielle Gee
01-30-2010, 03:45 PM
I think a lot of us do have insecurities about our appearance. I have never considered myself or will as being beautiful. At time I can accept not bad or not hideous. Sometimes I almost feel good about myself like when I went to the club yesterday, but then I see a stunning girl and the insecurities surface again. Most of us are our own worst critics and focus on the things that dont look perfect. Its a struggle I do fight with and try to keep reminding myself this is not a competition. Also I think most of us try to put our best pics up and not the ones that look like Lurch in drag. Just my two cents.

I think you're beautiful. In fact you look a lot like my best friends wife, and she's very beautiful (inside & out):love:

Kathi Lake
01-30-2010, 04:00 PM
If I'm being truthful, I would say that my "look" is comprised of the following:

From the neck down - honestly, not bad. I do seem to get compliments on my body, size, shape, etc. For a crossdresser, I have been truly blessed in this area.

From the neck up - ewwwwwww! We're talking two-bagger status here! :) Guy jaw, guy chin, etc.

From the inside - this is the area that is most important! I feel beautiful on the inside. I feel pretty normal - even though I go traipsing around dressed as a woman occasionally. Some women have told me that I have a woman's soul, a woman's vibe. I don't know about that, not being a woman and all, but I do know that I accept myself as I am. To me, that's beautiful!

Kathi

bethany356
01-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Like I stated perviously, I think you are all beautiful because you all have COURAGE! The courage to hold your heasds high while strutting around in 5" heels and even higher skirts. It doesn't matter if you're strutting your stuff down the street or in front of a mirror, the fact that you have the courage to actually do it is amazing and beautiful.

Christina Horton
01-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Count me as one of the ugly ones. Ok I don't think I am ugly as a CDer just if you look at me thinking she is a ugly women. I think I can be cute but not pretty. Inside is one thing. I am a pretty girl inside. Plus I love myself. I love being a Crossdresser very much. I would not change that to be pretty And fully passable and not happy. Never. I love myself too much for that.

But I am not a pretty girl. Cute maybe just not pertty. Just think about it all I have to go is UP eh.

bethany356
01-30-2010, 05:15 PM
Christina, you have pink hair in your avitar photo... You are #1 in my book!

Stephanie Miller
01-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Beauty is defanitly in the eye of the beholder. And there are lots of days when I'm sure all of us would love to get their mitts on one of docrobbysherry's masks!
Now, where did I put my Krylon?:thinking:

Christina Horton
01-30-2010, 06:19 PM
Beauty is defanitly in the eye of the beholder. And there are lots of days when I'm sure all of us would love to get their mitts on one of docrobbysherry's masks!
Now, where did I put my Krylon?:thinking:

Hay Hun I will lend you my body fill knife. I use it for makeup. Call me Tammy Fay Baker. Lol.

Kate Simmons
01-30-2010, 06:34 PM
We sent 'em all off to the"Ugly Women's" convention.:heehee:

Christina Horton
01-30-2010, 06:50 PM
We sent 'em all off to the"Ugly Women's" convention.:heehee:

I just got back from the convention and I was the only one there. Yecks. But there were hundrends of mirrors and I had a very hard time leaving. Took my 10 hours to get out of there. Good thing I have 12 hour foundation on lol.

msniki48
01-30-2010, 07:08 PM
Danielle,

There are so many lovely ladies here...there is no denying, but most of us would not pass in public...we might be accepted, but we wouldn't pass.
an ugly woman...is still a woman physically...bone structure shape etc.

yes there are women that 6'2" but they are women, and even if they get that second look....it usally reveals they are women....if someone gives me that second look....they usually figure out that i might be feminine, but physically i am male.

i might even be lucky to be accepted in public...as i have been out on occasion...but not all of us are impervious to the stares or comments. We just haven't reached that self confidence yet....maybe tomorrow

your first comment is totally right...we have such beautiful women here, and they have helped me greatly!

hugs

msniki48

Staci G
01-30-2010, 07:08 PM
I accept Staci as being a LARGE part of who I am, I dont consider myself to be a hottie but not an ogre either. I am 51 for the next 20 days anyway then 52 so for someone my age I am ok with my looks. I am 6' 2" with out heels so I tend not to go above a 3" heel but i have not been "messed with" while out, well maybe some giggles from teenage girls, (maybe some guys don't want to explain the bruises from a crossdresser) I have come to live with the fact I wont pass but I still have the right to wear what I want after all it is a free country so far. I am an ok looking older lady if I do say so. I thank you Bethany for the post and the complements (if you mean me too) that is.;)

Kimberly Marie Kelly
01-30-2010, 07:12 PM
But I'm improving and I'm 24/7 at work and everywhere else. Still have some minor hang-ups with using womens rooms in public. You can't be afraid to be yourself, you can't be afraid of not passing or you will never know the joy of being you. Kimberly Marie Kelly :battingeyelashes:

tamarav
01-30-2010, 08:10 PM
I have to agree. I go out a lot with crossdressed friends that have either never been out or are concerned about their appearance, mannerisms, height, weight, you name it... And after 15 minutes they are just another face in the crowd.

Before we go anywhere I invite them to drop by the beauty salon I work in and just glance around. 99% of the time they are more feminine in nature and appearance than some of the ladies I work with.

If a genuine woman sat in her car afraid to go in the mall because of how she looked, no one would be in there but us. Step forward and be bold. Be the "star" not the audience.

I sometimes wear such heavy makeup that people ask me why. I tell them that I like it, I went to a makeup class, I bought it and have to use it, who cares why? Then I just look at them up and down and shake my head and walk off.

Daintre
01-30-2010, 08:17 PM
I use the Ms Marvin the Martian as my avatar because I really don't want to scare anyone with the real me. For that I did put a couple of pictures of me in my album. :battingeyelashes:

JiveTurkeyOnRye
01-30-2010, 08:21 PM
I make a pretty ugly woman.

Joni Marie Cruz
01-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Howmany GGs have you heard of having "man hands" ??

This really touched me, Bethany. I used to kid a GG friend of mine about her "man hands". She died in a car wreck a few years ago, I wish she were here to punch me a good one which she used to do regularly.

Hugs...Joni Mari

kellycan27
01-30-2010, 08:30 PM
I think that there are some very lovely girls on this site. Inside and out

Kel

Miranda09
01-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and I haven't seen a single "ugly" girl here yet. They're all fabulous. ;)

VeronicaMoonlit
01-30-2010, 09:39 PM
Lots of us girls always say things like “I’m too tall” or “I’m too fat” or “I’m too masculine”. If one would go by the written text of this site alone, you would think we’re all a band of hulking Ogres!!

I've referred to myself as feeling like an "ogre" or a "tasloi" before and I've most certainly called myself fat, ugly and dowdy a la my recent thread.:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123392

I compare myself with women and next to them I feel all ogrish and brutish and huge and fat and all icky and manly. But the funny thing is, I'm 5' 5.5" tall (166cm) and weigh about 175 pounds (79.5kg). So yeah, I've got the stereotypical "woman who has low self esteem thing" down pat, probalby one of the few areas of being like a woman that I excel in.

Veronica Rogers

Christa001
01-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Bethany, the world needs more just like you . You go girl!!!!

cd_ellen32
01-30-2010, 10:37 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I take pictures of myself every time I dress in order to see where I may improve myself. I don't see myself as ugly but there are certain things that do scream "MAN IN DRESS". I am 6'1" and 340# so even if the Polish womens weightlifting team came to town I still would be looked at as bizarre.

And I say Polish because while watching the opening ceremonies from the last Olympics, the Poland team was walking by and there was a woman weightlifter that made everyone on the team look small. My wife saw her as well and said "Did they check the plumbing on her?"

So if a GG can elicit that type of response from someone, this woman (moi) won't be stepping out in public for awhile.

Now if I was 5'4" and 120#.......I would be out and about..

Ellen

Christina Horton
01-30-2010, 10:55 PM
Just had a thought. If you want to see a women whom is a good person but dresses like a clown and does really out to lunch makeup , Watch Operation Repo. She is a plus size women and could look fine save for the fact that she wear's the most allfull clothes. Her makeup make MiMe from the Drew Carry Show look normal. She seem like a good nice person but she totally dress bad.

I look better then her and I think all the girls here look better then her by a very long shot.

Danielle Gee
01-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Everyone with an opinion has expressed it so lets summarize:

1. Some of us are fat

2. Some of us are thin

3. Some are ugly

4. Some are beautiful

5. Some are old

6. Some are young

So lets see..............Hmmmmmmmmmmm............that means

WE'RE ALL NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TADA, PROBLEM SOLVED (Lets go shopping tomorrow)

I love all of ya!! Danielle:love:

Bethany_Anne_Fae
01-31-2010, 02:19 AM
Honestly, I don't believe that there is an "ugly" woman on this entire site. Beauty is always a subjective thing. One person's princess is another person's goat, and vice versa.

I'm gettin close to 50 and always choose the best pics I can find (like most of us do) to show and am thankful that I have been able to do the work that I do as the wrinkles increase ;)

You are all beautiful to me.

*hugs*

Zarabeth

RobynBella
01-31-2010, 02:31 AM
Last time I was out in public, I was called "sir" by someone. That sure made me feel ugly. Then later as I was at the checkstand, after paying for my shampoo and makeup, the nice checker girl said "have a nice day miss" So it pretty much balanced out :) with my current skills, I am anything but passable, but someone who clearly understands and throws out that word "miss" sure makes you feel good about yourself

EnglishRose
01-31-2010, 02:36 AM
I make a pretty ugly woman.

Me too. Ye gods, I wonder what I'd look like if I actually shaved, but as that's not an option, I'm a circus freak bearded woman :doh:

Serena Smith
01-31-2010, 02:41 AM
I am who I am, take me as I am :) Just your average gurl

crusadergirl
01-31-2010, 03:34 AM
Yeah i don't see any ugly women on this site we all have different looks but thats a good thing.

t-girlxsophie
01-31-2010, 04:12 AM
I hate getting pics taken too close,for i dont look that great close up,but I
put my heart and soul into my Dressing and I think maybe my Inner Beauty shines through

I dont worry so much about "passing" now,for I have much to be thankful for
in other areas of my feminine life,that makes me happy:)

jill_cd_girl
01-31-2010, 04:27 AM
You're words are kind. I think I'm lacking mainly in the courage department. I worry that I'll be read. Perhaps I should think "who cares". Sometimes I do, especially when I'm in a big city. But I worry about my own safety mainly, but also about the ramifications (yes, I'm still in the closet, though I do venture out dressed on occasion).

As for looks, sometimes I just feel like a boy in a dress, and other times I feel good. But no matter what, I think my body and my face scream 'boy boy boy!'.

Again, you are too kind! (And I agree with you though, many here are very pretty indeed).

Laura_Stephens
01-31-2010, 09:06 AM
By any measure, I would be considered "not good looking". That was the polite version. In fact, I am definately on the ugly side. And that is when I am dressed in traditional male attire. In female mode? I make Janet Reno look like a beauty queen and I am the self-proclaimed "ugly sister of Marge Schott" (Reds fans will know who that is).

I accepted my genetic makeup years ago. God blessed me with better genes in other areas.

Shelly67
01-31-2010, 09:42 AM
We all look different , and I agree , we are all beautiful . Expressing one's self in a manner of oposite gender clothing is to be applauded - we are showing our delicate nature after all . Sensative and honest comes to mind ....

A young friend of mine once laughed and called me BOBFOC ....what the hell ?
Apparently it means Body Of Baywatch , Face Of Crimewatch .

I had to laugh .

:drink:

Juanita O
01-31-2010, 10:32 AM
Well since i am an old ugly fat guy, than i am a old fat ugly women. I am so ugly that i was beat with an ugly stick, and my mother tied steak around my neck so the dog would play with me.

Lora Olivia
01-31-2010, 11:04 AM
"Ugly" is such an ugly word. At 5' 6" and 250 I am definatly not in the "model" category. That being said, one of the first times I was all madeup I cried because I felt so pretty :battingeyelashes:, then my mascara ran, now that was an "ugly" sight lol

Staci G
01-31-2010, 11:53 AM
Just had a thought. If you want to see a women whom is a good person but dresses like a clown and does really out to lunch makeup , Watch Operation Repo. She is a plus size women and could look fine save for the fact that she wear's the most allfull clothes. Her makeup make MiMe from the Drew Carry Show look normal. She seem like a good nice person but she totally dress bad.

I look better then her and I think all the girls here look better then her by a very long shot.

I signed into their forum and told her she looks like a clown and needed to wear clothes instead of trash bags and they kicked me off the forum lmao. I guess the truth hurt huh :eek:

docrobbysherry
01-31-2010, 12:01 PM
DON'T make me have to take my mask off!:brolleyes:

insearchofme
01-31-2010, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=Danielle Gee;2025370]I think you're beautiful too!!!:love:

thanks sweetie!

Hope
01-31-2010, 05:41 PM
I don't post pics for a simple reason - I LIKE having a job, and I work in an industry where TG girls are absolutely not welcome. I have an exit strategy, but not in this economy, right now I just like having a job.

I am 6'2", I have dated girls taller than me (the most attractive of whom told me that people ask her if she is TG - and she didn't appreciate it). And I know that at 235# there are many girls heavier than me. I'm working on it OK? That being said, I don't know of any 6'2" 230# flat chested girls with a spare tire and no hips. Physically, I do not look like a woman, ugly or otherwise.

But I am working on it.

And that is the point. I am working on it, because the truth is - there are no ugly women. There are lazy women, but there are no ugly women.

Abbyru1
01-31-2010, 10:15 PM
Pretty? Well, I don't try to be pretty as I so don't "pass". That doesn't stop me from liking the clothes!

Sarah Doepner
01-31-2010, 11:43 PM
It seems we have been able to channel the entire "self-esteem" scenario that som many women have to deal with every day. The ads, both on TV and in print, all focus on the 1% of the most beautiful women. That ends up leaving 99% of the women feeling ugly. We are right there with the majority of the women as long as we focus on the most beautiful examples, either GG or TG.

Respect yourself first, you have earned it. Enjoy the feeling and the look and don't set yourself up for failure with unrealistic expectations.

audreyinalbany
02-01-2010, 11:02 AM
I don't know that I've ever met a woman who was 100% satisfied with their appearance either...

Vieja
02-01-2010, 11:41 AM
They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I suppose the same can be said for ugly.

Vieja

Brandi Wyne
02-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks, Hon and your pics are so lovely, too. The whole "pretty/ulgy" thing is so immature. I used to really get onto my daugher's case about all this. She was about 5'2" and 105lbs. Very svelt and vey lively. The first thing out of her mouth was "that fat, ulgly girl", etc. I did try to help her to see that youth and beauty are temporary and there is a beauty beyond those things. Well, now she's 40yrs old, 225lb and her view of those things has had to change or she herself would have been that "fat/ugly" person.

Personal care to the details of looks and actions can have an effect on how people perceive us. A lot of GGs just seem to give up trying. Personal comfort totally replaces the desire to please the eye and ear of others.

sfwarbonnet
02-01-2010, 12:33 PM
When I was in college over 40 years ago, there was a book callef "The Tenth One". The Preface said "9 out of 10 girls are cool, and the tenth one goes to Michigan"!

bethany356
02-01-2010, 12:54 PM
A lot of GGs just seem to give up trying. Personal comfort totally replaces the desire to please the eye and ear of others.

And why shouldn't it? The only person I am trying to please is Ver. And we're not "giving up". We know that we don't have to try and "impress" our SO's because they have seen us at our worst, and since they didn't run away screaming then, we know that we can go a day or two w/o the full make-up experiance, and they will still find us attractive. Besides, if you dress to the nines every day, it makes it less speical when you go out.:2c:

Hope
02-02-2010, 01:56 AM
And why shouldn't it? The only person I am trying to please is Ver. And we're not "giving up". We know that we don't have to try and "impress" our SO's because they have seen us at our worst, and since they didn't run away screaming then, we know that we can go a day or two w/o the full make-up experiance, and they will still find us attractive. Besides, if you dress to the nines every day, it makes it less speical when you go out.:2c:

Yeah - ok. If hygiene and grooming are done in an effort to please or impress others I can buy that argument to some extent... though at the same time, I am not sure that doing (or not doing) something with (or to) your partner just because you can get away with it and they won't complain too much is a particularly healthy component of a relationship. I would hope that one would be willing to expend some energy to please one's partner, no?

But the real issue for me is here is self respect and dignity. I hope that the folks who take the time and energy to put themselves together, particularly the older folks, do it not to please or impress others, but because they have too much respect for themselves then to go out w/o looking - if not their best, certainly well put together. It is a part of the same reason one takes care of their home ... not because most folks care too much what the neighbors think (when are the neighbors ever going to find out that you haven't dusted or vacuumed in 3 months?) but because they don't want to live in an environment that is not cared for.

Dawn Marie
02-02-2010, 02:04 AM
I use to pass quite well even when in drab, but now if and when I get to go out I don't care. I just enjoy myslef being able to go out. Though I do hope I am somewhat pretty. My avatar was taken about a year ago when I was at the therapists and I was in a hurry when I did my makeup.

Bowmanls2
02-02-2010, 02:05 AM
Dana, you are stunning Girl!