PDA

View Full Version : Dressed in Women's clothes or Dressed as a woman?

JiveTurkeyOnRye
01-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Just out of mild curiosity based on some recent posts here, I have a mild poll here. Please just post your response without commentary on it.

When you crossdress, is the appeal "dressing in women's clothes" or being "dressed as a woman." As in, is it because you like wearing things like skirts, pantyhose, etc. or is it because you want to express your female persona. I know in most cases it's probably a combination of both, so please try to say the one you feel is the stronger desire. (I.E. if you dress as a woman in order to get away with wearing the clothes, the first one.)

This isn't about passing vs. non-passing, It's more about the appeal for dressing in general.

JenniferR771
01-30-2010, 08:26 PM
Dressed as a woman.

Christina Horton
01-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Dressing feeling And Being A women. I still think you make a pretty women. And a good looking man.....and a man In a dress too.

Anita Lynn
01-30-2010, 08:52 PM
ummmmm... dressed as a woman because I dress in womans clothing?
I I dress to let the feminine side run rampant through the closet, while doing so I like to do it in beautiful clothes. Sometimes more conservative, sometimes more risqué.

Melissa Ann

RADER
01-30-2010, 08:58 PM
I dressing in women's clothes to feal like a woman. Rader :)

PretzelGirl
01-30-2010, 09:01 PM
I'd like to think I am more in the middle, but if I have to pick one, I would say dressed in woman's clothes.

Kerigirl2009
01-30-2010, 09:02 PM
I dress in womens clothes because I want to feel more feminine like a woman. But the clothes are mine.:)

Wen4cd
01-30-2010, 09:02 PM
I mentioned somethiswn like this in the 'give tips' thread yesterday I think.

The answer for me is 'neither.'

Not dressing in "women's clothes:" They are MY clothes. I made them for me, and only me, to wear. I am neither and both man or woman, therefore the clothes are not women's or men's clothes, they are just mine.

Not dressing as a woman: There is no such person as 'a woman.' "A woman" is a non-entity. If you are dressing as 'a woman,' you are going to be dissapointed, or unfulfilled, because you are actually dressing as "nothing," and trying to be 'nothing' in your dressing. "Dressing as a woman" is just the act of hanging symbolry all over yourself. Women don't dress as women, they dress as themselves.

"A woman" isn't something one can be. The woman that is you, however, is. You can be yourself and dress to express yourself.

Staci G
01-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Dressed as a woman I think is the same as being dressed in womens clothing. right? either way I like to wear clothes from the womens department that are mine. hmmm.... where does that fit in??

Sabra Fresh
01-30-2010, 09:31 PM
I honestly don't know, wish I did.

aggi123
01-30-2010, 09:46 PM
dressing as a woman.

AllieSF
01-30-2010, 09:57 PM
I want to be dressed as a woman, hopefully mistaken for one, and I do not want to be a woman. And I really do not know about my feminine side and really do not care.

msniki48
01-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Dressed as a woman....look as i feel

hugs

msniki48

katie.anne.rose
01-30-2010, 10:28 PM
i wear to appear as a woman i was in a cabaret club last year and a married woman latched on to me and told me all her woes about her marriage, and an hour later her daughter came into the bar and said(quite rudely) mum what are you doing talking to a man in a dress.

passing is what we all would love to do but we get knocked, and we have to overcome these minor details.

lisalove
01-30-2010, 10:32 PM
I dress in women's clothing. I love their clothes so I wear them

Jenniferpl
01-30-2010, 10:43 PM
Nothing better than the feel of womans clothing, which is why I wear them.

sissystephanie
01-30-2010, 10:44 PM
I like dressing in women's clothes!! I have no desire to be a woman, just like to wear clothing made for them!

Rianna Humble
01-30-2010, 10:48 PM
A few months ago, it would have been clothing, now it is to express myself

Barbara Dugan
01-30-2010, 10:58 PM
I would say feeling myself as a woman because I can wear next to nothing and the feeling is the same:hugs:

MarinaKirax
01-30-2010, 11:07 PM
dressing to portray a woman.

noeleena
01-31-2010, 12:37 AM
Hi...
Kate anne. oh dear that would be a knock down .

For me i wear womens clothes because i hate male clothing . is that all there is to it . the style, fashon, comfort . or feel . or even feeling sexy .

well no , its bcause i m a woman . & i need to wear some thing .so i v made the right choise . me thinks . & those other words of expresson are a part of it just not the sum total .
its about who i am .
Being a woman is not quite the same as just wearing clothes .

...noeleena...

JiveTurkeyOnRye
01-31-2010, 12:40 AM
I can see some of you didn't notice the line about "without commentary."

For people that were legitimately confused about the difference though, I'll clarify:

Is the interest more wanting to wear articles of clothing that are usually associated with women, such as skirts, dresses, and makeup, pantyhose/tights, yada yada yada, or is the interest wanting to dress in order to present ones self as "female."

In other words, for example, if you are all dressed up en femme, are you dressing as a woman so that you can wear the clothes you like, or are you wearing the clothes so you can dress as a woman?

I'm looking for motivation trends.

lingerieLiz
01-31-2010, 12:54 AM
Dressed in Women's clothes or Dressed as a woman? Interesting and confounding!

I wear women's clothes to some extent nearly 100% of the time. As the pendulum swings from men's to women's clothing at some point I am dressed as a woman would be.

I don't consider myself a woman even when fully dressed and presenting as a woman, but more a convenience of fitting the image assigned by society. That would mean that I don't dress as a woman.

Loni
01-31-2010, 01:47 AM
i dress cause it feels right. so i dress as a women.:daydreaming:

Samantha_Smile
01-31-2010, 05:50 AM
Both.
Well I love the feel of female attire, silkies and tight stuff makes me feel pretty. But then you need boobs in your tight top so that it looks right. Yhen you gotta tuck your old chap away because you can see the bulge at the front of your skirt. and before you know it youve already started to look female.

Thats how I guess I started.

I like to see myself as a woman, and when that feeling takes me, its time for make-up, false lashes, forms, ear-rings and false long nails.

When I dont care so much for the visual, and only want the feel, I tend not to bother with make-up, nails and lashes and just do the rest. This could also be atributed to laziness :D

Raychel
01-31-2010, 06:54 AM
"dressing in women's clothes" Just love the feeling of them, Have no desire to be a woman, or Really to pass in public. Although, if I am ever going to step outside. Passing will be a big concern. I cannot handle people laughing at my, because of the way I dress. :2c:

sallyjones
01-31-2010, 08:11 AM
all of us feel feminine or we wouldnt dress in womens clothes. some long to be female whereas others long to just look female. if you dress to be female then you are more transgendered. if you dress to look female then you are just expressing that feminine side. either way there is something that takes us from the masculine side of our selves. so go dressed and be the woman you want to be.

Mistybtm
01-31-2010, 08:11 AM
Both A and B I love the feeling of womans clothes when i am dressed, i am a woman who does woman thing including dating men.

Angie G
01-31-2010, 08:51 AM
I must go with #2 hun.It's more then just wearing a skirt.:hugs:
Angie

MargaretJ
01-31-2010, 09:00 AM
Dressed in womens clothes. I just love the look and feel of them.

Jocelyn Quivers
01-31-2010, 09:03 AM
Dressed as a woman.

Joni Marie Cruz
01-31-2010, 09:08 AM
I don't go through all the effort just so I can be a dude in a dress, so for me, it's about being, to the best of my ability, the woman I am inside. Of course I love how I feel, both physically and mentally, so like so many other girls, it's some of both.

Hugs...Joni Mari

shadyterri
01-31-2010, 09:14 AM
For me, dressing as a woman so that I can wear the clothes I like.

Gillian
01-31-2010, 09:18 AM
I want to be rid of as much Male-ness as possible, hence as little male clothing, never trousers or jeans! and hence the tucking, the padding the rice to re-create a feminine reality in the CD form from my Male physique.

Mary Jane
01-31-2010, 09:42 AM
Dressed as a woman so I can enjoy my feminine side.

linnea
01-31-2010, 10:14 AM
dressed as a woman.

renee k
01-31-2010, 10:34 AM
Dressed as a woman....look as i feel

hugs

msniki48

:iagree:
I couldn't agree more that's exactly how I feel!!!

thechic
01-31-2010, 12:45 PM
Dressed as a woman, to be a woman :daydreaming:

Geneva

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44936757@N07/

EnglishRose
01-31-2010, 01:04 PM
A over B, maybe 60/40.

Julogden
01-31-2010, 01:23 PM
Dressed as a woman because that's what feels "right" to me.

Carol

Claire Cook
01-31-2010, 01:30 PM

Not dressing in "women's clothes:" They are MY clothes. I made them for me, and only me, to wear. I am neither and both man or woman, therefore the clothes are not women's or men's clothes, they are just mine.

Not dressing as a woman: There is no such person as 'a woman.' "A woman" is a non-entity. If you are dressing as 'a woman,' you are going to be dissapointed, or unfulfilled, because you are actually dressing as "nothing," and trying to be 'nothing' in your dressing. "Dressing as a woman" is just the act of hanging symbolry all over yourself. Women don't dress as women, they dress as themselves.

"A woman" isn't something one can be. The woman that is you, however, is. You can be yourself and dress to express yourself.

YES and YES!!

Nicola2876
01-31-2010, 01:35 PM
Dress as a woman to project how I feel inside. It feels so right!:):)

Sandi J
01-31-2010, 01:40 PM
I dress as a woman. 90% of the time, I wish I was one.

Jolene
01-31-2010, 01:45 PM
My female persona. :)

Jonianne
01-31-2010, 02:10 PM
I dress to identify "with" women, but not "as" a woman, because I am not. However, I would've liked to have been born female. The cloths I wear, I wear them because I like them. I'm sure I made myself as clear as mud!

Rachel Morley
01-31-2010, 03:01 PM
It's a combination of both, but mostly "dressed as a woman".

abigailf
01-31-2010, 03:20 PM
Mine is a recursive response;

I like wearing woman's clothes because it helps me to express my feminine side which likes to wear woman's clothes to help me express my feminine side ...

Emma Leigh
01-31-2010, 03:21 PM
I can see some of you didn't notice the line about "without commentary."

In other words, for example, if you are all dressed up en femme, are you dressing as a woman so that you can wear the clothes you like, or are you wearing the clothes so you can dress as a woman?

I'm looking for motivation trends.

The first one!

Joann Smith
01-31-2010, 04:50 PM
Dressed in my clothes ...they just happen to look exactally like somthing a woman might wear vs what a man might wear ...except maybe Rupaul...or Prince...or god forbid Max Clinger from mash..

Joann

Ruth
01-31-2010, 05:09 PM
It's a very good question, but it's not either/or. Kittykitty answered for me. I dress to try to be myself.

Missy
01-31-2010, 05:57 PM
i dress in womans cloths
not to be a woman
to feel like me

EasyUK
01-31-2010, 06:04 PM
For me its to dress in women's clothes

jasmine57
01-31-2010, 06:07 PM
I dress as the woman I'd like to be.

minalost
02-01-2010, 01:51 PM
I don't go through all the effort just so I can be a dude in a dress, so for me, it's about being, to the best of my ability, the woman I am inside. Of course I love how I feel, both physically and mentally, so like so many other girls, it's some of both.

Hugs...Joni Mari

What Joni said...
:hugs:

kimdl93
02-01-2010, 01:55 PM
for me ...I don't think of myself as a man in womens wear, but rather as a woman...the clothing are an extension of an emotional desire to be a woman.

sfwarbonnet
02-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Good question - do you wear women's clothes or dress as (impersonate) a woman? I started to underdress frequently when non-CDers said to avoid "girl things" even when women's clothes offered disability accommodations. I think that men should be as comfortable wearing, and shopping for, traditionally women’s clothes as women are in wearing men’s clothes, The department of origin simply shouldn’t matter. However, the more I heard that wearing women’s clothes was not PC, the further I went. To date I wear women’s pull on slacks, panties, pantyhose, and a short slip, all of which have a non-CD raison d’etre. My wife has bought into this, and has bought, most of the clothes I now wear, but she still doesn’t accept my wearing women’s clothes. One item that exceeds her current limit is a bra, as it has no functionality for a male, so I wear a bra only when she’s at work (like now). I have already worn a slip with a bodice out, so a bra slip would be a reason to wear a bra - until I can become a natural B and need to wear a bra full-time. Motivated mostly by “don’ts, I now want to go out en femme and dine, shop, and use the ladies restroom with her.

Kate Simmons
02-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Dressed in my own clothes as a woman would dress who is really a man "down under".:)

SusieK
02-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Good question, not sure why you don't want commentary so I'll just answer with what I feel at the moment is the right answer for me...

Mostly dressed in women's clothes because they're pretty and sexy, but when the dressed as a women feeling hits, then it is a much more powerful feeling.

S. Lisa Smith
02-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Dress as a woman. I just want to be one of the girls!

jennyscott
02-01-2010, 08:04 PM
I often dress up in women's clothing, sometimes more but usually less. There's still a very long road for me to travel before I ever hope to pass. The comfort and fashion of my feminine wardrobe makes me just want to burn the other stuff.

Kate17
02-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Present my self as a female specifically the feminine persona that hides in my body.

Katie Ellen
02-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Dressed as a woman.

windycissy
02-01-2010, 08:45 PM
That's a distinction without a difference.

girlygirl02
02-19-2010, 06:37 PM
mainly dressed as a woman

Char2233
02-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Dressed as a women..waht else? :heehee:

Kaz
02-19-2010, 06:51 PM
The question has a logical basis, but is sadly based on a false premise.

I dress because I want to experience what it is like to dress as a girl. The more I do so the more I want to experience more... one thing leads to another...

Do I want society to accept men in skirts? I have to say yes, buy I am not sure why, other than the ever ongoing equality debate. Men do not have equal status with women - we are so narrowly defined that we have very little freedom in Western society.

Is wanting to be a man in a skirt my motivation to do this...? NO.

I want to experience being as close to being a girl as I can... within my ever changing boundaries. Girls have more freedom of expression - it is a joy to enter that world.

xx

carrie-ann
02-19-2010, 07:11 PM
It's my life I love all things female I've never felt very manly so it's what im am.

gabimartini
02-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Dressed as a woman.

KatieEvans
02-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Dressed as a women, i love the way i look in a skirt and high heels, i love the feel of tights/ panythose on my legs, The way my eyes look in make up.

Katie XxX

sherri52
02-19-2010, 07:29 PM
Dress in womens clothes

ChainedJane
02-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Both, depending on the situation. Sometimes I just like the clothes and want to wear them, other times Jane wants to come out and play and no woman would be caught dead wearing what I wear as a man.

HannahF6
02-19-2010, 07:47 PM
No doubt, I dress as a woman, best is to be mistaken for a woman.

Hannah

Prissy Linda
02-19-2010, 08:35 PM
I dress like a woman because I feel I should be a woman.

Rita B
02-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Oh To be a woman, no doubt

kinky_caitlin
02-19-2010, 08:58 PM
I'd like to think I am more in the middle, but if I have to pick one, I would say dressed in woman's clothes.

I agree with this, I sometimes want to be a woman, most of the time i just want to dress in women's clothes and partly just because society deems it fit for women to wear anything, and relegates us guys to a very finite wardrobe. So I would have to also say its to rebel against society.

Caitlin

Cary
02-19-2010, 09:55 PM
Dressed in Women's clothes.

suchacutie
02-19-2010, 09:56 PM
Dressed as a woman.

eluuzion
02-19-2010, 11:34 PM
dressed as a woman

Vintage4sarah
02-20-2010, 07:07 AM
Back in my teen years the urge was to dress in women's clothes as they were all around me with my mother, sister, cousins and aunts. For the last 12 years, I have evolved into my real self and I now dress as a woman to fulfill the need to a the other person deep inside me.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
02-20-2010, 08:04 AM
That's a distinction without a difference.

I disagree, and my personal style is proof of that.

The question has a logical basis, but is sadly based on a false premise.

False premise? How exactly is it a false premise?

I dress because I want to experience what it is like to dress as a girl. The more I do so the more I want to experience more... one thing leads to another...

Then the premise isn't false, the answer for you is "Dress as a woman."

Is wanting to be a man in a skirt my motivation to do this...? NO.

This is one of my pet peeves with this board. Do you have to act like being a man in a skirt is something to be vehemently against? I happen to like being a man in a skirt. I personally don't like to dress up to try to feel like a woman, but I also totally see why you want to do that, I even tried to do it for several years. So why do you have to balk at what I do as if it there's something wrong with it?

Kaitlyn Michele
02-20-2010, 09:30 AM
This is one of my pet peeves with this board. Do you have to act like being a man in a skirt is something to be vehemently against? I happen to like being a man in a skirt. I personally don't like to dress up to try to feel like a woman, but I also totally see why you want to do that, I even tried to do it for several years. So why do you have to balk at what I do as if it there's something wrong with it?

Hi Ryan..its totally cool with me ..

I celebrate your crossdressing and think you are great, so I am posting this to tell you that i think that sometimes "thou dost protest too much"...

I think the way you ask your questions is setting up for a disagreement tho..

If you ask a question and then shoot down lots of the answers, that's seems like that you are trying to prove your point and not just ask the question..

this thread has close to 80 responses..nobody that i've seen (or very few) have expressed that they are not totally supportive of your style of crossdressing...i think its courageous and very self knowing of you..

but you can't project your own internal feelings ONTO someone else...almost everybody else is thinking about "being", "feeling like", "looking like", "being accepted as", "being treated as", a woman....and you have to accept that and let it go that you are a bit different..

..and the hypocrites that project their feelings onto you are in a distinct minority..there is no better or worse way to crossdress...

I bet if you simply asked..."what do you think of the way I dress and present?" you would get close to 100% support here

my answer to that question..:thumbsup:

JiveTurkeyOnRye
02-20-2010, 09:50 AM
I think the way you ask your questions is setting up for a disagreement tho..

I *was* setting this up for a disagreement, or at least a discussion of a point of view, and then I posted that in another thread where the actual point was discussed. The purpose of this thread wasn't "Do you like the way I dress" it was "What are your reasons for dressing" and then I started another thread based on the responses in this one. In the context of when I posted it, it makes sense, now that it has been revived by someone, it doesn't have that context.

If you ask a question and then shoot down lots of the answers, that's seems like that you are trying to prove your point and not just ask the question..

I don't feel I shot down anyone who actually just answered the question. The only posts in this thread I responded to or shot down to use your words, are ones that were either debating or attacking the nature of the question to begin with. In my first post, I asked in the very first line: "Please just post your response without commentary on it." But if someone points out what they feel to be a flaw in my question, I don't think it's out of place for me to defend it.

In retrospect, I probably just should have made a poll.

I bet if you simply asked..."what do you think of the way I dress and present?" you would get close to 100% support here

You're probably right, but that wasn't the question I was asking. I'd probably get a lot of responses if I asked if everyone liked panties too, but that wasn't what I was getting at.

I do understand that I'm in the minority here, but just because the hypocrites aren't the majority either doesn't mean I shouldn't attempt to make them see things from a different perspective.

Kaitlyn Michele
02-20-2010, 12:09 PM
thnx for response!! :hugs:

just thinking you worry too much!

TGMarla
02-20-2010, 12:15 PM
For me, it really is both. Skirts and dresses are denied to men, and to me, it's a thrill to be able to wear them. But it's way more than that for me. I love allowing myself to express a feminine persona, and wearing a pretty dress, heels, putting on forms, my wig, hosiery....the works!....allows that feminine persona to come to the surface for a while. And I like that. I dress more because I like "being" a woman than simply because of the clothes.

That said, it's no mystery why women generally like clothes so much. Feminine attire is so much more fun than male clothing. So for me, there is also an element of just loving the clothes, too. A really pretty dress, to me, is a whole lot of fun to wear, as well as all the other stuff that goes along with it.

Jamie48
02-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Dressed as a Women.

Princess Ludwyna
02-20-2010, 04:41 PM
I mentioned somethiswn like this in the 'give tips' thread yesterday I think.

Exactly my thoughts.

Kerigirl2009
02-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Dressed as a woman would dress :)

marlacd
02-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Dressed as a woman. You can dress any way you feel. I don't beleve that I'm employed by the Acme Judgement Co. If I am, the pay stinks

Yvonne York
02-20-2010, 05:12 PM
I suppose I like to feel that I am dressed as a woman..............

APRIL0401
02-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Dressing as a woman.

VtVicky
02-20-2010, 10:05 PM
It's strictly the feel and look of the clothes. I have no interest in being, or passing as, a woman.

Renae Word
02-21-2010, 08:02 AM
Dressed as a woman!!!

Michelle-Leigh
02-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Dressed as a woman !

Abbyru1
02-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Dressing in women's clothes.

Christina89
02-22-2010, 02:47 AM
dressed in women's clothes

sfwarbonnet
02-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Dressed in women's clothes now; but the farther I go with underdressing, the farther I want to go and the more I want to impersonate a woman in public.

ZenladyCD5
02-22-2010, 02:40 PM
I prefer just to dress in women's clothes only.

Was there supposed to be a Poll for this thread? The very original post for this thread said there was one, but I didn't see it?

Ruikki
02-22-2010, 02:42 PM
I would probably consider myself dressing in women's clothes

immike
02-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Just out of mild curiosity based on some recent posts here, I have a mild poll here. Please just post your response without commentary on it.

When you crossdress, is the appeal "dressing in women's clothes" or being "dressed as a woman." As in, is it because you like wearing things like skirts, pantyhose, etc. or is it because you want to express your female persona. I know in most cases it's probably a combination of both, so please try to say the one you feel is the stronger desire. (I.E. if you dress as a woman in order to get away with wearing the clothes, the first one.)

This isn't about passing vs. non-passing, It's more about the appeal for dressing in general.
I just love to secretly sneak in mothers closet&borrow one of her mini-skirts&a blouse&
a pair of pantyhose out of my personal stash,and a pair of her black or white heels

Fiona Lindum
02-23-2010, 06:31 AM
Dressed in womens clothes.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
02-23-2010, 07:53 AM
I prefer just to dress in women's clothes only.

Was there supposed to be a Poll for this thread? The very original post for this thread said there was one, but I didn't see it?

The thread was kind of an unofficial poll, that I then used as the basis for another thread. I find it funny that this thread got revived and is still getting responses.

Debbie37
02-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Dress to feel more feminine and more in touch with who I am...

kinkycd
02-24-2010, 10:58 AM
i like to dress in women's clothes for the fact that i love women's clothes on my body. i have no desire or motivation to wear women's clothes and be dressed as a woman as of now

Secret Sis
02-24-2010, 11:36 AM
I just love the clothes... I am not at all interested in appearing or acting female.. just like wearing female clothes!

Anna_S
02-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Dressed as a woman. In fact the dressing is only part of it. Even if I don't dress I often feel like a women.

Alice B
02-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Dressed as a woman.