PDA

View Full Version : "I think this is you!" email from Mom!!?

Tara Lutschich
01-31-2010, 01:19 AM
Received this email from my Mom today with picture, my gut says she knows, what do you girls think?

Subject line:I think this is you!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning , the devil says, "OH CRAP, SHE'S UP"!

http://i46.tinypic.com/29409e0.jpg

NOW YOU RE ON THE CLOCK!!!!
IN 9 MINUTES SOMETHING WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY, BUT YOU HAVE TO TELL 9GIRLFRIENDS YOU LOVE THEM INCLUDING ME. GO!!!! .
______

So Girls, I Love You.

Seems like a chain letter, but then it came from my Mom. Tara has only been fully awake for about 6 weeks and I live alone with no other family in state and Mom is 500 miles away and saw her last this month 2009. Shes big on email but never anything like this.

As with GG and Mom's can be very perceptive, Mom has has always done well with her 7th sense both professionally as educator and Mom. Always has a sense of what going on with me...

lingerieLiz
01-31-2010, 01:41 AM
Was your email address in the TO: or BCC: line?
If in the TO: line I would assume that she has a good idea other wise she may have sent it to several friends as well.

Did you call and tell her you love her? That would have provided an opening.

Christina Horton
01-31-2010, 02:17 AM
Not sure . If she sent it to only you then yes , but it she gave it to a lot of friends she might have put you in the mix by mistake. Then again she might have put you into a mass send CUZ she knows.

I know that does not help much. I say E-mail her back and ask her how she knew your a girl inside and dress as one on the outside and see what she says. If she freaks out then you can say wall you started it with that e-mail and I thought that was how you wanted me to respond. Just a thought!

msniki48
01-31-2010, 09:31 AM
Tara,

I would send it back to her, and say...Thank you for thinking of me
[with a ;)]

Love,

me

Then give her a call and see what she says:

I hope she is in your corner

hugs

msniki48

linnea
01-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Tara,
I would send it back to her, and say...Thank you for thinking of me
[with a ;)]
Love,
me

Then give her a call and see what she says: I hope she is in your corner

hugs
msniki48

I think that this (above quotation) is a good idea. She either senses your being fem or she thinks that you would enjoy the tone and message of the "Chain-message" because she knows that you enjoy life. The message asks you to respond to nine, including the sender--so respond.
You don't need to say why you've responded; just respond.
The follow-up call will give you a way to determine what she's thinking.
Good luck.

Jenny Beth
01-31-2010, 10:50 AM
I'd e-mail back with this line: "A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do so I'm telling you I love you. Eight more to go." :D

ArianneN
02-01-2010, 05:32 PM
This reminds me of one of my experiences. I used to date a girl that I occasionally forwarded typical risque emails and pictures from "the guys", because she I thought she had that type of sense of humor. It must have irritated her, because one day I found myself on a list of recipients of an email that she had forwarded to "the gals", one of a picture of a half dressed fireman with a risque comment. I received the "reply to all" comments on that one and several more of the same type emails and realized that women forward these things just as much as men do and I was secretly thrilled to be in "the club" even though I protested...:)

kimdl93
02-01-2010, 06:03 PM
I concur. Give her a subtle wink and I love you!

Kendra Amaya
02-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Moms are more perceptive than they would have their children believe. My mom knew about me long before I told her of my dressing. I actually left a note on the kitchen table in the morning, not expecting to be home until later in the evening after she went to bed. Turn out the plans I had fell through and got home at my usual time after work. She came into my room and told me she suspected for a while about my dressing. She just doesn't want me coming and going out of the house dressed up so the neighbors don't start asking questions. I've learned quite well how to change and do makeup in my car. Oh the skills you acquire.

sherri52
02-01-2010, 07:47 PM
I think it's time to have a talk with mom

Tara Lutschich
02-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Hi all, Thanks for the advice. Been unpacking last 3 days since my move of last week so haven't been here. I was the only one in the To: line of the email. I'll respond to the email and a call. Hugs, Tara

Debra Jane
02-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Hmmmm, 50/50 on this one.

Probably a mistake, bear in mind we are very sensitive. I would suggest to let it slide and see if she sends another one.

If you get something else along those lines then perhaps you might gently enquire.

I get these emails occasionally and I hope that these women are being intuitive and think that I would like to be included. My SO openly talks about my caring, understanding soft side to her girlfriends and usually states that I have a huge feminine side. They seem to approve and never ridicule me, so hopefully you mother is one of those intuitive ladies.

Sorry Tara I read your last post after I submitted mine. She might have BCC'd all recipients which would leave you thinking you were the only addressee, I do that as an anti spam measure.

Nicole Erin
02-01-2010, 11:46 PM
NO that stupid chain letter is going around lately,. I got one in SL.

Speaking of chain letters, whatever happened to that little girl in Zangolia who is suffering from emphamatic emphesema and her family cannot afford the doctor bills and you must forward this to everyone you know?

TerryTerri
02-01-2010, 11:52 PM
NO that stupid chain letter is going around lately,. I got one in SL.

Speaking of chain letters, whatever happened to that little girl in Zangolia who is suffering from emphamatic emphesema and her family cannot afford the doctor bills and you must forward this to everyone you know?

Isn't she the girl that Bill Gates is personally going to give $5,000 to for everybody that forwards the e-mail?

Nicole Erin
02-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Isn't she the girl that Bill Gates is personally going to give $5,000 to for everybody that forwards the e-mail?

hmmm, well I was thinking so but if remember right -
THAT little girl was from the city Wapolastapia and is suffering from Terminal Trichology tremors. I think she died, her parents could not afford a proper funeral so they racked up debt with Citifinancial and have not been able to re-pay.

Citifinancial is litigating for posession of the casket.

Andy66
02-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Mother's intuition can be just freaky at times. Either that or she had a "senior moment" and didn't mean to send it to you. Or she just wants you to call and say you love her. Awwwww. Great quote though. :)

EnglishRose
02-02-2010, 12:11 AM
My parents' last machine was virused up to the hilt. I think I've given them food for thought and they check snopes.com or similar before forwarding junk these days.

I still get generic religiously themed chain email crap occasionally though :doh: