PDA

View Full Version : I dressed for my wife...

Marcia Blue
01-31-2010, 11:20 AM
I dressed for the first time with my wife in the house.

She is a little apprehensive about seeing me dressed or attending a CD group meeting with me. I asked her if seeing me in photographs or dressed at home first would be a good baby step. She agreed to seeing the photos first, and said that they were better than she excepted. Next thing we discussed was me being dressed in her presence. We agreed on full dressing except no make-up.

I dressed conservatively, Black pumps, Jacket dress (blue of course), Hose,
jewelry, and I cheated a little and put on a soft shade of pink lipstick.

Her first response was that the outfitted worked for me, and I looked like a girl. I almost burst inside from her reacion and praise. She also told me not to waste the effort, and to stay dressed if I would like to.

She now says, she could help me get ready for the next meeting, but she is not ready to attend one.

Oh well, baby steps.

Sexyalexis
01-31-2010, 11:26 AM
Thats great news I am still working with my girlfriend on the dressing outside the bedroom concept. She really like me in lingerie but says she is not ready for the hole thing yet. Well I wish you the best and congrats on the progress.

XOXO
Alexis

Vicki-Z
01-31-2010, 11:27 AM
Marcia I'm really happy for you. It sounds like your wife is really trying to be supportive. Just remember don't be in a hurry to push things. It's a major change for her. She's seeing you in a whole new way (no pun intended). Just give her time and let her accept youin her time. :)

Vicki :hugs:

Bunny Girl Zoe
01-31-2010, 11:30 AM
Realy good to hear that she is taking steps like that.

Phyliss Hdson
01-31-2010, 12:01 PM
Hi Marcia, Sounds like you had fun. I has been dessing in front of my wife for some time now, but it is still a thrill, on days when we are home together and she tells me I m can dress if I want to. Sometimes make up and sometimes not. At christmas she critiqued my outfit I was going to wear to the TRi Ess party and most recently had me show her what I had bought recently. After which I got to stay dressed for the rest of the afternoon. But like Your wife she is not ready go places with me, and she may never be, and thats okay.
Glad you had fun and as the others have said go easy.
Hugs Phyliss

Joann Smith
01-31-2010, 12:22 PM
Congrats....You got a great start ...and i agree with Vicki take your time and do not rush her ..it took my wife bout 10 years for her to get comfortable with my Cding. She went all the way from wishing me dead to being my biggest advocate.

But she still not too fond of support group meetings..she says that they boring and she would much rather go do somthing elese as a group. Sitting round chit chatting just not her cup of tea and this may be the case for your wife as well..

What ever her reasons may be giving her all the time she needs is very sound advice.

Joann

Rachel Morley
01-31-2010, 12:37 PM
Hi Marcia,

This is excellent news. You are right not to push the issue. My wife says that for many SOs CDing is like trying new foods, you have to taste it at least 10 times before you start to get a liking for it (or at least that's how it was for her in the beginning). I think gently but progressively exposing your wife to you dressing fully is definitely the way to go. Her being in charge of things and her making the decisions about how and what she sees is also a good thing in my view. She'll feel like she's in control and able to proceed at her pace. It must be said that full kudos goes to your wife for having the courage and/or curiosity to explore this with you. If you really love someone why wouldn't you want to understand what makes them tick? Good luck :hugs:

DiannaRose
01-31-2010, 12:44 PM
What a blessing, Marcia! I am so happy for you! :)

Miranda09
01-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Sounds like you're doing the right thing Marcia...taking it one step at a time, not rushing her, and letting her get comfortable. Have fun with it. :)

WandaRae2009
01-31-2010, 01:00 PM
Congrats on the progress. I hope someday I will move along that path. I know it won't happen as long as the kids are home. That is only a couple of years away. I will take is slow and see what happens.

Marcia Blue
01-31-2010, 01:15 PM
I want to thank everyone for their support and input. You are all the reason this forum is such a success.

msniki48
01-31-2010, 05:32 PM
She now says, she could help me get ready for the next meeting, but she is not ready to attend one.

Oh well, baby steps.

Marcia,

I'm very happy for you hun. When you attend your meetings, are there other GG's with their SO's If so, that will make her more comfortable, when she is ready to attend a meeting.

At our meetings, we started to have a break out group for the SO's, to discuss their need and concerns... this was wonderful for my wife. lets face it...sure it's great that they support us, but this is strange and new for them also, and it is great to see that other women ask the same questions. so they find that THEY are not alone either.

Good Luck in your journey

kimdl93
02-01-2010, 01:02 PM
thats a great step - maybe more than baby steps! Just being able to dress with her is so liberating.

Jamz1b
02-01-2010, 01:31 PM
WOW, great baby step!! I love the approach you are taking with her. And Im very happy that she is so carring to try for you. It truly gives me hope when I hear such great things from others.

Thanks for shairing.