PDA

View Full Version : First time read

terrinoble
01-31-2010, 10:25 PM
This is perhaps the first time I've been read, and read out loud...
Last night I was shopping enfemme at a Wallyworld, and as I walked out to my car, three young guys (who had been in line ahead of me) pull up in an SUV, and one rolls down a window and shouts "That's a man!"
I turn as if to look around, and the guy repeats "that's a man!" thrice more as I get into my car, while his pals chuckle. I ignore them, hoping that they do nothing else as I start the car, and they drive off.

I know that this is a part of what we are, but it was still mortifying, and something of a confidence killer.

:sad:

Sarah Doepner
01-31-2010, 11:20 PM
I know, it sucks to have something like that happen. However, as Superchicken used to say to his sidekick Fred; "you knew the job was dangerous when you took it."

I've had my share of comments and at the moment you hear them it really hurts. Give yourself time, go home and pamper yourself a little and remember how good it all feels. In time the pleasure will be greater than the pain and you will feel good about going out again.

terrinoble
01-31-2010, 11:30 PM
Adding insult to insult, the state patrol had checkpoints all over town. I handed the trooper my license and insurance. He looks at the license, looks at me, then back at the license, and asks "do you own this vehicle?" and I nod. He wordlessly hands them back with a disgusted look and waves me through.

Sarah Doepner
01-31-2010, 11:48 PM
And you got home safe and sound and didn't have the car impounded. I think you've earned your stripes Sis.

Now please don't tell me there was something else that night.

mylieanna
02-01-2010, 12:18 AM
biggest fear, getting pulled over or called out, yikes glad you made it through the day ok after all that

kellycan27
02-01-2010, 12:51 AM
biggest fear, getting pulled over or called out, yikes glad you made it through the day ok after all that

The cops in Ca are pretty cool, as far as tg's. When I was in college there I got pulled over a lot, and never once had a problem or even an odd look. TG people are the least strange thing hat they probably see.. in CA. LOL

Nicole Erin
02-01-2010, 12:57 AM
, and asks "do you own this vehicle?" and I nod. He wordlessly hands them back with a disgusted look and waves me through.

What did the cop think you were gonna say?

"Gee No officer, I am one of those car stealing crossdressers that are on the loose". Was he just a dumb ass or something?

The guys saying "that's a man". I would imagine they are probably dumb asses too. Chances are at least one of them was thinking "I am glad no one knows of my woman clothes collection".

Walmart seems to be one of the classier places to shop. I mean you go there and you almost have to expect to see a few losers. I mean Walmart didn't get it's fine reputation overnight.

Wen4cd
02-01-2010, 12:58 AM
I know that this is a part of what we are, but it was still mortifying, and something of a confidence killer.

:sad:

It's not a part of what we are, it's a part of what people, particularly young, ignorant people with nothing to make themselves worthy of consideration, and no sense of self outside of trying to impress their immediate peers, are.

No need to take ownership of someone else's issues.

Lorileah
02-01-2010, 01:10 AM
What did the cop think you were gonna say?

"Gee No officer, I am one of those car stealing crossdressers that are on the loose". Was he just a dumb ass or something?

Probably has his application into Ga CSI (ya'all have heard the joke).

Don't you wish you could respond to cops that way and not end up being roommates with Bubba?

and the guys in the parking lot took that long to read you, Terri? You must pass fairly well. The guy who repeated it was really saying "That's a man (and I was going to hit on her)" That's why he kept repeating it, to convince himself

P.S. Good luck Danica...this is the part of the country you will be dealing with this year

Loni
02-01-2010, 01:30 AM
Adding insult to insult, the state patrol had checkpoints all over town. I handed the trooper my license and insurance. He looks at the license, looks at me, then back at the license, and asks "do you own this vehicle?" and I nod. He wordlessly hands them back with a disgusted look and waves me through.

the look was not in disgust over you, it was because he could not write you a ticket.:heehee:
those check points are for making money, not safety.:eek:

as for the jerks. he would be inline for bubas new wifey.:doh:

get out and have fun
and remember seeing the next sunrise is a grand sight.

terrinoble
02-01-2010, 01:32 AM
Yeah, I'm considerably passable, which is how I've managed to stay out of trouble thus far. I wore this dress, along with a jacket, and brown boots.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs176.snc3/20349_1320528090899_1161716618_30987216_1766825_n. jpg

NV Susan
02-01-2010, 02:29 AM
Wow, I've had both the big mouth jerk and the cop stopping me at a DUI checkpoint and having his fun at my expanse. But NOT in the same day!!!!

terrinoble
02-04-2010, 03:12 AM
I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how I got read... then again, it was a Saturday night and those guys were perhaps half-drunk or just looking to stir crap.

I can't completely quash "the man within," regardless of how hard I try.

Rianna Humble
02-04-2010, 04:27 AM
This is perhaps the first time I've been read, and read out loud...
Last night I was shopping enfemme at a Wallyworld, and as I walked out to my car, three young guys (who had been in line ahead of me) pull up in an SUV, and one rolls down a window and shouts "That's a man!"

I know how terrible that makes you feel when it happens - I had a loser do the same thing to me only a few days ago.

It's hard, but we need to learn that it is the loser who has the problem, not us.

It's not a part of what we are, it's a part of what people, particularly young, ignorant people with nothing to make themselves worthy of consideration, and no sense of self outside of trying to impress their immediate peers, are.

No need to take ownership of someone else's issues.

:iagree: Wen4cd has said it better than I did

siantv2003
02-04-2010, 05:45 AM

Thats wrong - he should be carpeted for that.

siantv2003
02-04-2010, 05:48 AM
You look great!! The reason he kept repeating 'thats a man' is cos he couldnt have been sure! I know its easy to say but dont let it get you down - as someone pointed out earlier - you've earned your stripes

Celeste
02-04-2010, 07:52 AM
Terri,you look good and I like your presentation.Try to stay focused on all the other people you came into contact with that day who had nothing negative to say whatsoever.