PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever watch a TV show to see what the GG's wore?

MistyCD
01-31-2010, 10:26 PM
My wife was watching this show on HGTV, they were fixing houses and one of the GG's was wearing gold thong sandals. I think there is nothing more feminine then wearing sandals that are gold or silver. I had to watch the show just to see more shots of her sandals. I didn't care about the show.

Does anyone else watch shows they are not interested in seeing, just to see what the girls are wearing?

Misty

Christa001
01-31-2010, 11:04 PM
Grammys,Oscars,Golden Globes...........LOVE all the beautiful GGs and their DRESSES !

Sarah Doepner
01-31-2010, 11:13 PM
I always hit the web the morning after the award shows to see the great gowns. I doubt I'll ever be able to wear anything like them but OMG it's great to think about being able to.

Teri Jean
01-31-2010, 11:20 PM
I like to watch NCIS to see what Abbey is going to wear.

Teri

Paula T
01-31-2010, 11:23 PM
I love to see what Vanna is wearing.:o And I love to watch "What not to wear" with Stacy London and her partner.:)

Kelly_Gurl21
01-31-2010, 11:29 PM
All the time. Sometimes for movies too, ill pick one based on what the female characters are wearing on the cover of the movie box.

monica.missil
02-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Oh yes indeed, I notice what women in tv as well as movies. Now if only I looked as good as they do.:heehee:

mylieanna
02-01-2010, 01:26 AM
i like to watch tv shows for that, this way i can figure out a more "casual" look so when i get all dressed i dont look too much like im trying to stand out

NV Susan
02-01-2010, 02:17 AM
OMG Misty, all the time. I try to look in on The Weather Channel every weekday evening to see what Nicole Mitchell is wearing, I think she is soooo cute!!!:love:

Nicola2876
02-01-2010, 05:43 AM
Everytime I turn on the TV I'm checking what the GGs are wearing. It's a big reason I got into Friends as Racheal has the best wardrobe.
In the UK there is a show called countdown and I always tune in to see what Racheal Riley is wearing.
Also Emelia Foxx is hot on Silent Witness and she has a sexy, understated style:daydreaming:

Angie G
02-01-2010, 08:10 AM
I never have. But I often wish I had some of the dresses I've seen on some shows.:hugs:
Angie

audreyinalbany
02-01-2010, 08:10 AM
truth be told... I always check out what the women on the Today Show are wearing. It's great to see a middle-aged woman (Meredith) wearing nice skirts and boots. It seems as though I don't see that in real life much; most everyone I see is wearing jeans and sneakers.

Madilyn A.
02-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Absolutely, The awards shows come to mind even as I'm watching the morning shows with the Grammies red carpet photos right now. But my preferences run to the 50's early 60's period movies and TV shows such as Mad Men.

sandra diaz
02-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Yes. I watch a show call ‘What not to wear”. I only watch it to see the clothes and the shoes. Kiss Sandra

il.dso
02-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Yes, I love the local weather woman in the Boston area.
I love to see what dresses and skirtsuits they're wearing.
Seeing them in the morning is a great way to start the day!

Kate Simmons
02-01-2010, 09:20 AM
I don't purposely tune in for that but when I am watching a show I check the gals' hairstyles to see if they might work for me.:)

EnglishRose
02-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Yes, I love the local weather woman in the Boston area.
I love to see what dresses and skirtsuits they're wearing.
Seeing them in the morning is a great way to start the day!

Did you hear about the Pete Brouchard thing? Talking about snow, he said somewhere would get nine inches, "almost as big as himself". Sheesh!

Anyway I don't tend to watch things I don't enjoy for the clothes, but there are a lot of shows I DO watch that have outfits I like.

Strike that, I glance in when my wife is watching The View sometimes. I hate Elisabeth's politics but adore her wardrobe :daydreaming:

Janet K.
02-01-2010, 10:45 AM
I don't necessarily tune in just for that, but I will pay particularly close attention to what the GG's in the shows I am watching are wearing. I also watch for mannerisms. It is amazing how much you can learn by watching GG's in action. Lately I have been trying to walk properly, so I have been paying particular attention to how the women walk on these shows. I have noticed that truthfully, there is not a "proper" way to walk. Some women walk like we have been taught as CD's (lead with the hips, one front in front of the other, small steps, etc...), but I have noticed that other quite feminine women actually walk like guys (lead with the knees, side to side motion). The shows also give you a good idea of what items you can put together as an outfit. What Not To Wear is an awesome show. I love Stacy and Clinton, and Stacy is an excellent example of proper fashion that is classy without being homely. On TLC .com, the style tips on the WNTW page are excellent!

Brandi Wyne
02-01-2010, 10:53 AM
I find myself looking at their clothes more but esp. the face and makeup. I'm trying to decide what looks good and what doesn't and asking myself,"How would that look on me?":daydreaming:

MimiLee
02-01-2010, 01:12 PM
I don't watch shows just to see what the girls are wearing, but I do pay good attention to what they are wearing and how they wear it. I also luv checking out how the girls do their makeup. Some shows that I enjoy watching and gives me a good sense of fashion are melrose place, keeping up the kardashians, gossip girls.

KarenCDFL
02-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Everytime I turn the TV on!

jennifer ann
02-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Every show I watch, lately its been say yes to the dress. I would love to be fitted for a beatiful wedding gown

pattyv
02-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Vanna White on Wheel of Fortune.As often as I can. She wears her gowns and dresses sooooooooooo well. I also watch Jeopardy but for other reasons.No offence Alex.

Marcie R.
02-01-2010, 05:43 PM
I love to watch "Dancing With The Stars". The Dresses are wonderful. I always wonder what those dresses would look like on me.

monika
02-01-2010, 06:34 PM
All the time!
Sometimes when watching beautiful weather-presenters I get hung up on what they are wearing, how they are keepingtheir hair are and so on.
When the presentation is over I have no clue what the weather is gonna be like hehe.

Deidra Cowen
02-01-2010, 06:36 PM
I don't really pick shows for that purpose but tune in very closely to what the GGs are wearing. I recently watched that show MAD MEN for the first time. Lord the females looked great! Well actually the men did too. Fashion back then in the early 60s was very cool.

I later got on the web and looked up the show. They had pics of the cast at some awards show....holy cow! I was shocked at how much better everyone looked while on the show all dressed in retro fashion as opposed to the sloopy fashions of today. Was really jarring.

sherri52
02-01-2010, 06:37 PM
I watch the "Price is Right". The women are beautiful and I want almost everything they wear.

Dee2U
02-01-2010, 06:40 PM
I love "What Not to Wear" too. Very helpful for what helps with different body types. they have had tomboys on. On regular TV I watch just about every woman that comes on for clothing and what it means as far as what the character is. Costumers connect clothes and meaning in what the character stands for. You can learn a lot about people that way....Dee

BLUE ORCHID
02-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Only all the time.

Orchid

Paulette
02-01-2010, 07:24 PM
What not to Wear shoudl be everyone most watched show as they will tell you how to dress your body type. You can see all ofthe latest fashions and how they come together. Love it.

Jezebella
02-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Yes. Are there other reasons to be watching network TV or cable channels other than Discovery and The History Channel? Incidentally, there's a definite shortage of GG's demonstrating wilderness survival or working in pawn shops or crab boats. Though there is one trucking on the ice road now.

josie_S
02-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Yes. I watch a show call ‘What not to wear”. I only watch it to see the clothes and the shoes. Kiss Sandra

I LOVE What Not To Wear...so I can see what I *should* wear :P

Barbara Dugan
02-01-2010, 07:43 PM
I usually dont watch The Spanish Networks Univision or Telemundo but once in a while I like to check on what kind of clothes and shoes are wearing the female anchors of several shows I think they have more freedon on what kind of clothes they can wear than the females of the big networks

Genifer Teal
02-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Now I even watch TV to see what the drag queens wear.

Gen

Lori31
02-02-2010, 12:22 AM
I glance in when my wife is watching The View sometimes. I hate Elisabeth's politics but adore her wardrobe :daydreaming:

I agree. I luv watching The View. I hate the show but I like to see what Elizabeth is wearing as well. She always has some great outfits on. Not to mention the cutest shoes. Plus she is a girl around our age. So it allows me to get some style ideas.

Another one is Live with Regis and Kelly. I can't stand the show but Kelly is always dressed well and is always wearing really high heels.

Cathytg
02-02-2010, 12:32 AM
I do not recall ever watching a TV show just to catch the clothes. Maybe the Emmys can be the exception.

PricillaDame
02-02-2010, 12:35 AM
I have started re-watching "The Nanny" on Nick At Nite. Fran's got that loud & gaudy taste that I like!

msginaadoll
02-02-2010, 08:21 AM
I have also been Know to watch What Not to Wear, and glance at the Today show. I have also been known to watch Ghost Whisperer just to see what Jennifer Love Hewitt has on. She has cute outfits though a little young for me.

Sara Q
02-02-2010, 08:37 AM
I love watching soaps. Girls are always well dressed and I often wish I could wear all of the stuff I see on these shows and TV in general.

monika
02-02-2010, 11:42 AM
I have also been Know to watch What Not to Wear, and glance at the Today show. I have also been known to watch Ghost Whisperer just to see what Jennifer Love Hewitt has on. She has cute outfits though a little young for me.

I do the same regarding JLH!
And I don`t even like Ghost Whisperer haha

ArleneRaquel
02-02-2010, 11:46 AM
I LOVE What Not To Wear...so I can see what I *should* wear :P

Me 2 & more !:battingeyelashes:

cdcheryl
02-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Definitely it seems like thats all i watch tv for lately, I love Ann Curry on the today show and Kelly Ripa on reg and kelly and also the local tv news shows especially on fox in boston between Cindy and Kim in the morning and Maria at night they have some of the best outfits. on 7 in the evening you have Frances Rivera and Kim Khazei who you always see standing shots so you can see the whole outfit right down to the shoes. Thank god for DVR i would be lost without it

Kara Connor
02-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Oh, hang on...
:)
Some of them do look great though!

charlie
02-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Runway, QVC, Next Model, What Not to Wear, Style channel....the list goes on.

Staci G
02-02-2010, 01:48 PM
I like to watch NCIS to see what Abbey is going to wear.

Teri

Ditto. She dresses so sexy at times

MonicaJean
02-17-2010, 03:26 PM
Every show I ever watch on TV!

Faves: FoxNews: Jamie Colby, Margaret Hoover. Emme, Delta Burke. Kate Bilo, any country music video, the list seems endless...

Carole
02-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Going back a bit I know, but I watched 'Dynasty' just to see what Linda Evans was wearing.

Brandi Wyne
02-17-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm always studying the women on movies, TV shows, commercials, local news broadcasts and so on. I look first at faces, eyebrows, lipstick and hair. Then, the outfit worn and the gestures. I listen to all the voices, trying to imagine me saying those words in that voice.:daydreaming:

Fab Karen
02-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Once in awhile while channel surfing I stop & watch the Spanish soap operas for a few, most of the women have Fab make up. & naturally everyone should catch the Oscars ( tangent, they close off all of Hollywood Blvd. around there, the beginning of the walkway is out in the middle of the street ). Oh, and pay attention to what the actresses say: "I spent five hours getting ready" ( & people think we take a long time )

allisonrn06
02-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Some of the shows and movies that I wouldn't watch before my wife accepted me as a CD, I watch all the time now, especially when I know there's going to be nicely dressed women on them!!

Nicola2876
02-17-2010, 05:53 PM
I have started re-watching "The Nanny" on Nick At Nite. Fran's got that loud & gaudy taste that I like!

She was my hero in her tight dresses, sky high heels and opaque tights! I sooooooooo wanted to be her!:daydreaming:

erika130
02-17-2010, 08:36 PM
All the time !!
Actually, I go back & forth between two states,
Sometimes I'll first notice how attractive the girl may be, other times I'll first notice what she's wearing, the clothing style, accessories, etc, how her hair is styled, if it fits her well, etc, then I'll just imagine how It'd look if I was wearing that!