PDA

View Full Version : Answering the phone

Nicola2876
02-01-2010, 06:06 AM
OMG! I answered the phone at work this morning and said "Nicola speaking" and to make it worse it was a colleague and not a customer:eek:

Oh well........:heehee:

noeleena
02-01-2010, 07:21 AM
HI. Nicola.

Thats an ooops . he he ....
Are you going to keep the pretence up i would ... even just for a laugh.
Did he i spos he say any thing .

love it ........

...noeleena...

Nicola2876
02-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Hi Noeleena

It was a female colleague so I just made a joke out of it. I was talking to a friend about this sort of thing last night and how they make us feel kinda nice inside when they happen.

I'm also having to stop myself from signing emails at work with "Nicola xx" like I do when I PM on here.

She's becomming stronger!

Nicola xx

Katesback
02-01-2010, 08:02 AM
A good sense of humor always helps! Ya can always come up with some crazy response for that action.

Katie

Chari
02-01-2010, 11:19 AM
You can always answer as Nicola the secretary for your guy side! When video phones are common - then you will have to "pass" when you answer the phone! LOL

Katesback
02-01-2010, 11:26 AM
I had a funny thing happen just a few weeks ago. Some call from Tennessee comes into my phone ( used to live in Tennessee). I answer it and for the first time in three years some guy asks for ______(my old male name). I asked what he was calling for and he said he was calling about a resume that I had posted years ago. I told him I was that persons wife and that we moved to Florida and there was no chance we were moving back.

In any case that was a strange one.

Brandi Wyne
02-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Did you answer in the femme voice, too? Was your collegue really stumped when you answered? I found that I have to be careful not to sign an email "Brandi" when it's not from a friend who knows me as Brandi, esp. work related email.

Nicola2876
02-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Did you answer in the femme voice, too? Was your collegue really stumped when you answered? I found that I have to be careful not to sign an email "Brandi" when it's not from a friend who knows me as Brandi, esp. work related email.

She just sounded confused bless her:heehee:

Emma Leigh
02-03-2010, 05:59 PM
I think for many of us, our femme persona begins to take over, I spend all my spare time on this site, and I find it more and more difficult, to go back to drab reallity!here I feel is populated by people I consider friends, where I can be myself, discussing things that would be difficult anywhere else, as a result, I find when I do have to go back,I am now almost always making slip ups, not yet, but I know its only a matter of time!

karen68
02-03-2010, 06:17 PM
whoops lol, an email would be harder to explain.:hugs:

Karren H
02-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Hell I don't even answer the phone using my male name... Guess "WHAT?" Isn't that feminine. Maybe I shoud say "What, darling!".