PDA

View Full Version : I Totally PASSED!

Julie
08-07-2005, 05:50 PM
I just got back from a weekend with sole lifelong friends. We've known each other for over 40 years. Few people know me as well as thes two.

We only get together once or twice a year now and it's been close to a year since we last saw each other. I was a bit worried about them noticing my hairless legs, arms and chest. Also I thought they would notice my ears had been pierced.

Well, nothing! Not one comment! They didn't even notice. I had shorts and short sleeved shirts on all weekend so I wasn't hiding anything. And I can guarantee you if they noticed, they would have said something.

So I passed! As a guy that is. :D

carson
08-07-2005, 05:56 PM
I just got back from a weekend with sole lifelong friends. We've known each other for over 40 years. Few people know me as well as thes two.

We only get together once or twice a year now and it's been close to a year since we last saw each other. I was a bit worried about them noticing my hairless legs, arms and chest. Also I thought they would notice my ears had been pierced.

Well, nothing! Not one comment! They didn't even notice. I had shorts and short sleeved shirts on all weekend so I wasn't hiding anything. And I can guarantee you if they noticed, they would have said something.

Good for you Julie! I'm happy for you! I know if any of my life long male friends saw me now with shaved legs it would bring up some very personal and awkward questions and I would never live it down. You are so lucky! :thumbsup: :)

StephanieCD
08-07-2005, 05:57 PM
YAY! That's one of my big concerns - hence my wooly nature at the moment.. glad to hear it's possible :) Thanks!

Jesse69
08-07-2005, 06:24 PM
I was at the Chicago Lakefront and I noticed that some men had very little hair and even some seemed to have no hair on their legs. So hairless legs are no issue.

Tristen Cox
08-07-2005, 07:20 PM
:D There's a twist :p ;)

Maude
08-07-2005, 09:13 PM

i promise !
i won't say a word after labor day !
m

tifftg
08-07-2005, 09:23 PM
I loved this story, both for the inspiration and the twist. You have such a terrific sense of humor Julie.

Hugs,

tiff

Jodi
08-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Carson stated about a possible situation on shaved legs. Occasionally I will have some jerk ask me about my shaved legs. My response is always--Any medical condition I might have is surely none of your business. You would be surprised how quickly that shuts people up.

Jodi

carson
08-07-2005, 11:12 PM
Carson stated about a possible situation on shaved legs. Occasionally I will have some jerk ask me about my shaved legs. My response is always--Any medical condition I might have is surely none of your business. You would be surprised how quickly that shuts people up.

Jodi

Nicely said, Jodi. Probably a lot less confrontational than the scathing comebacks I tend to lash people with. But then, it's just part of my sweet, demur nature... :rolleyes:

Julie
08-07-2005, 11:22 PM

Jodi

I was all ready if I was asked. Since these guys have known me forever, they also know I am a swimmer. I already planted some seeds about competing and shaving is an important part of winning.

I haven't shaved for a little over a week but it grows VERY slowly and all there is is stubble. Still, I'm with these guys all weekend, went to a big outdoor bash Saturday, I'm in shorts during the day as well as the night and not even a hint of anyone noticing.

What that tells me is we worry too much about stuff like this. Most people just don't pay attention to detail.

Melissa A.
08-07-2005, 11:27 PM
[QUOTE=Julie Marie
So I passed! As a guy that is. :D [/QUOTE]

Getting tougher, isn't it? At least it seems like that. I know the feeling. I'm happy for you, Julie. Glad it went well.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Wendy me
08-08-2005, 10:55 AM
julie you make me laugh , sometimes with the hair and boobs and boady hair gone we do have to work at passing in the "him" mode just too funny we work sooooo hard to get that fem look right that the "him" thing is something we need to think abought ... legs crossed and shaven then we go omg think , think don't cross the leggs.....too funny ...

paulaN
08-08-2005, 11:58 AM
I live in a very small town and my legs have been shaved all summer.(first time in summer) I have not receved any comments from any one so far. I do like the medical come back though. I have been razzberring a lot this past week and legs are all scrached up still no one has comented on scraches or hair less legs. Maybe some of my friends have noticed but not mentioned it to me.

Deidra Cowen
08-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Cleaver thread and reassuring. I too worry about being shaved and not 'passing as a guy' so to speak. Good to hear that it might be possible to get away with those shaved legs.

Darlene.
08-08-2005, 08:39 PM
:D There's a twist :p ;)

It's Chubby Checkers Twist and Shout ladies.

Rachel_740
08-09-2005, 02:55 PM
When I first shaved my body one of the guys at work picked up on my shaved arms and neck (he always refered to me as 'silverback' cos I was so hairy).

My answer to him when he asked me why I'd shaved was 'cos I wanted to'. When he asked how much more than my arms I'd shaved and he went to lift one of my trouser legs I took a step back and said to him 'none of your business'.

I don't have to answer to anyone why I do something to my body. It's MINE to do what I want with.

Anne

Rachel Morley
08-09-2005, 09:35 PM
I can't believe I missed this thread. Sorry Julie I would have posted earlier if I'd been paying attention. :(

Passing as a guy.....yes, interesting this because I too shave my legs, chest and underarms. I also keep my forearm hair really short. Both my ears clearly show holes without earrings and depending on where I am going I wear very feminine clothes (for a guy).

I recently went to my company's employee rewards Summer BBQ Party and I was concerned that even in my most guy-ish mode I would still appear feminine because I don't really own any male clothes anymore. My clothes are women's clothes that have a unisex look to them. I find that although having shaved legs or wearing a women's t-shirt doesn't really give you away on their own, depending what you pair together and how many slightly girly things you wear it can be a little bit of a challenge to look like a regular guy.

HaleyPink2000
08-10-2005, 09:34 PM
I have hardly no hair on my legs and haven't ever actually. But my arms get hair like no one on earth has ever seen. Ok, a funny story. I used Nair on them a while back. It was ok for about a week. Then red bumps started coming up. Infection of the pours the hair grows from. I don't remember the name they gave but the skin Doctor said " Don't you ever use that stuff".
He said “ if you want to cut the hair fine, but don't use that chemical on your self ”!
While He did growl at me. Grrrrrrrn Even called me by my Sir name like Mom used to do when she was mad.

Wow what a wakeup call. 7 weeks trying to get rid of the red bumps. Not just a few, I did have like trillions. Oh well never again. LOL

What was real bad my Wife saying " I told you so"! Gawd! What a downer.
*smile

So if anyone wants to share some arm shaving tips do so. PLZZZZZ LOLOL!

Again as always, Love to you all.
Haley:)