PDA

View Full Version : What tunes get your femme side really going?

gabimartini
02-01-2010, 05:20 PM
I'm in a bit of a retro mood. Listening to Duran Duran right now.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Kate Simmons
02-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Pretty much anything. I love to dance.:)

ReneeT
02-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Katy Perry "I kissed a Girl..." I honestly think that song ended my latest purge. The video is soooooo sexy!

EnglishRose
02-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Most of my music gets the Rock Chick in me going, haha. However I have a particularly soft spot for Juice Newton's version of Angel Of The Morning.

Teri Jean
02-01-2010, 05:44 PM
As with others most music is fine but the oldies (50s-60s) and any love songs gets me drifting off. Cherish has been a love song I liked for four decades or longer.

Teri

ArianneN
02-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Man, I Feel Like A Woman

StaceyJane
02-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand
Just like that river twists across a dusty land
And when she shines she really shows you all she can
Oh Rio, Rio dance across the Rio Grand
Her name is Rio she don't need to understand
And I might find her if I'm looking like I can
Oh Rio, Rio hear them shout across the land
From mountains in the north down to the Rio Grande

Okay now I'm in a Duran Duran mood.

gabimartini
02-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Okay now I'm in a Duran Duran mood.

Lol... I was listening to "Girls on Film" the time I posted... but I love Rio as well!!

sherri52
02-01-2010, 06:14 PM
"I am woman" hellen Reddy
"I kissed a girl" Katie Perry
"Ob La Di Ob La Da" Beatles

Chloe' Buffington
02-01-2010, 09:57 PM
I just heard the new one from Phil Vasser, " Bobbi with an I " very cute.:heehee:

ArleneRaquel
02-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Revels Bolero. :2c:

HappyWife42
02-01-2010, 10:07 PM
OK, I'm a GG, so I probably can't weigh in here, but I think "These Dreams" by Heart is one of those songs that gets me wanting to put on something very feminine! Anyone else love that one? :2c:

Bailey_in_Mansfield
02-01-2010, 10:10 PM
"So What" by Pink...not sure why...LOL... That would be SUCH an awesome song for Rock Band...great theme song for the game, hehe...

EnglishRose
02-02-2010, 12:07 AM
"So What" by Pink...not sure why...LOL... That would be SUCH an awesome song for Rock Band...great theme song for the game, hehe...

Would you believe it's in Lego Rock Band for the Nintendo DS?

Nicole Erin
02-02-2010, 12:10 AM
Am I the only TG in the world who hates songs that make reference to TG?

I know it is not the femme side but when I hear that song "Macarena", my male side feels like going on a murderous rampage. Does that count?

mylieanna
02-02-2010, 01:00 AM
i hear that song ke$$ha tik tok, and omg wow i love that song, if i didnt only hear it while driving in my car, i would probably change into my fem clothes right there.

Shelly67
02-02-2010, 01:28 AM
Cant speak french - Girls Aloud
Dreaming -Blondie
Jesus to a child - George Micheal
praying for time - George Micheal

Elaine Marlowe
02-02-2010, 01:34 AM
"Hot and Cold" by Katy Perry ("you PMS, like a chick, I would know ...")

Andy66
02-02-2010, 01:51 AM
Give Me One Reason by Tracy Chapman.

monica.missil
02-02-2010, 01:53 AM
Anything by ABBA

MargaretJ
02-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Dude looks like a lady-Aerosmith. Predictable I know, but it rocks.
In these shoes-Kirsty MacColl. It's about heels, what more could a girl want.

Angelofsomekind
02-02-2010, 04:38 PM
When I grow up (I think that's what it's called anyway) by The Pussy Cat Dolls

Angelofsomekind
02-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Oh, I don't know who sings it, but the song is called Sexy Bitch, they play it on the radio every now and then. It kinda makes me laugh too though.

Emma Leigh
02-02-2010, 04:53 PM
I dont really know why but, Baby I dont care by Transmission Vamp does it for me, and more or less anything by Dido. Also love Duran Duran but doesnt bring out the femme side of me!

jo_ann
02-03-2010, 12:23 AM
anything by katy perry, lady gaga, or christina aguilera

joanne anderson
02-03-2010, 01:34 AM
There are two female singer that make feel "O" SO feminine when I'm dressed and relaxed. Celine Dion for her love songs which I join in and sing along with and for the sexiness of Donna Summers music.
Im in seven heaven when I play either of them.

Love Joanne

Sallee
02-03-2010, 01:38 AM
sure you can

Sallee
02-03-2010, 01:39 AM
The Stones It's only Rock & Roll But I like it

TerryTerri
02-03-2010, 01:49 AM
Humm. let's see. Who could possibly get me feeling femme and all that wonderful stuff. I think there's this country and pop singer gal. She had a well respected music producer husband who produced the likes of Def Leppard, AC/DC, The Cars and a few others. Anyway, the idiot cheated on her with her best friend (who is like a 6 when this gal's a 25!). Anyway, the cheating heart broke up both marriages and the irony is the husband of the cheating best friend and the singer have become an item themselves. Anyway, look to the left at my avatar in case you haven't figured it out yet. In a nutshell Shania Twain is my reference standard to female beauty, behavior and fashion. She simply rocks. My favorite song is from her "Up" album. It's "I'm Gonna Get You". BUt. all her songs, in one way or the other touch my soul. Her voice and person just resonate with me.

Bunny Girl Zoe
02-03-2010, 06:41 AM
Shania Twain's Man I Feel Like A Woman.

Frédérique
02-04-2010, 07:09 AM
What tunes get your femme side really going?
I'm in a bit of a retro mood. Listening to Duran Duran right now.

I don’t really need to get my “femme” side going – it’s always going, or charging when I sleep. I’m like a Klein bottle – there is only one side (that’s for all you topology fans). The songs I listen to defy description (lyrically), but the music pulls me one way or another, depending on how emotional I may be…
BTW, why listen to Duran Duran* when you can listen to Japan or David Sylvian, the stylistic starting point for Simon Le Bon and his New Romantic ilk? You can look it up. I prefer Mr. Sylvian, thank you, but I prefer art to artlessness hands down…
*A much better alliterative group, from the same era, is Talk Talk. I know, to each his (or her) own, but I'm here to educate...:battingeyelashes:

Am I the only TG in the world who hates songs that make reference to TG?

No, I feel the same way. I avoid overt TG references in songs, since I don’t need any “help” getting in touch with feelings that are already in place and functioning…:straightface:

bron
02-04-2010, 08:05 AM
A tune by Nick Kershaw...."wouldn't it be good". I can play that for 2 hours non stop......just over and over.....

gabimartini
02-04-2010, 08:10 AM
BTW, why listen to Duran Duran* when you can listen to Japan or David Sylvian, the stylistic starting point for Simon Le Bon and his New Romantic ilk? You can look it up. I prefer Mr. Sylvian, thank you, but I prefer art to artlessness hands down…
*A much better alliterative group, from the same era, is Talk Talk. I know, to each his (or her) own, but I'm here to educate...:battingeyelashes:

Hi Frédérique, I'll look it up! Thanks!

JustWendy
02-04-2010, 08:22 AM
I don't want to over think this one, so I'm going with the song that immediately came to mind - "How do I Live" - LeAnn Rimes

flic
02-04-2010, 12:39 PM
For some reasons the songs which really speak to me, have nothing to do with tg stuff. But that's still allowed right?
Always Attract by Youmeatsix
Letting the cables sleep by Bush
Children of divorce by Jonny Craig
Lemon meringue tie by Dance Gavin Dance

Odd mix,,,but i like them!
x flic x

VeronicaV
02-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Well, it's been a while since I fully dressed, but I imagine depending upon the mood, it could range anywhere from dance/electronica, rock, or oldies. But! When I do dress fully next time, I plan to start it off with the opening song from "To Wong Foo":"Body Beautiful". ;-)

Amanda Katharine
02-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Is it wrong to say that my femme and my man side both love the same music? Metallica, Godsmack, AC/DC, other assorted heavy metal and hard rock artists. But I also respect the classics, The Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel, etc.

Raquelle C
02-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Britney Spears, hahahah! I normally don't like her otherwise... :heehee:

SuzanneBender
02-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Defying Gravity from Wicked the Kristin Chenoweth version. The lyrics speak to me. I think its time to start defying gravity. "Im through with playing by the rules of someone elses game, too late for second guessing, too late to go back to sleep, its time to trust my instincts, close my eyes and leap. "

Lori31
02-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Definitely Shania Twain or Britney Spears. There are others but those are my standards.

RhondaLynn
02-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Well, nothing came to mind at first, until i read HappyWife42's post about Heart - it took me back to another time. I used to love to play Fleetwood Mac's Rumors & float into a special place. The same with Heart - those were the days!

Thanks for pennies, HappyWife42! Now i've gotta go dig around through a stack of old CDs & find that Fleetwood Mac CD! My wife's gonna wonder what i'm up to this time!

Monique L
02-05-2010, 01:41 AM
Anything by Missing Persons.

CDTiffany
02-05-2010, 02:38 AM
Gurly Gurl side. Stevie Nicks, Blondie, Pat Benatar, the go go's
Abba, Lady ga Ga. THE DOLLY ROTS!!!!!!!!!

Tiffany Amber Rhoads

RobynBella
02-05-2010, 03:13 AM
You belong with me makes me wanna dance around like Taylor Swift in the video. Heart's dog and butterfly is my favorite song to take a bath and shave my legs to. And Mandy Moore <3

gabimartini
02-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Tonite I'm listening to Hotel Costes... such great tunes!!

AlannahNorth
02-08-2010, 09:07 PM
"Man, I Feel Like a Woman" & "Big Girls Don't Cry" and then throw in some Sarah McLachlan.

Michelle-Leigh
02-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Girly Ones - by female vocalists such as Cyndi Lauper, etc ! Michelle-Leigh just loves Joan Jett's cover of "Crimson And Clover"....

Madilyn A.
02-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Shania Twain's "Man, I feel like a Woman".........Madilyn

rachelgirlnw
02-08-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm loving some sexy new girl-pop right now:

Britney's 3 and Ke$ha's Your Love is my Drug. Yum!

erika130
02-08-2010, 11:57 PM
I'm loving some sexy new girl-pop right now:

Britney's 3 and Ke$ha's Your Love is my Drug. Yum!

I have to agree!!
I guess maybe because they are what girls my age are likely listening to. May not be the greatest songs, but def make my girl side really going. Oh and this one is kind of silly, but is all on the radio & stuck in my head, miley party in the usa, ha!

Felicity O
02-09-2010, 01:28 AM
Garbage (pretty much all of their music, but especially the song Cherry Lips)
Lady Gaga (she IS a drag queen, after all)
T.A.T.U. (All the Things She Said is my anthem)
Rihanna (Reminds me of my first nights out at the club)
Tricky (British TripHop god, seriously some of the sexiest music)

And there's lots of others, depending on my mood.

Hermione Simpson
02-09-2010, 04:55 AM
At the moment it's Alexandra Burke - Broken Heels, which the lyrics All The Ladies Tell The Fellas We Can Do What They Can Do, We Can Do It Even Better In Broken Heels

Terri D
02-09-2010, 05:10 AM
I'm always in a retro kind of mood when it comes to music. The tune that always works for me is *The Metro* by Berlin.

Christine Andrews
02-09-2010, 09:21 AM
It depends on my mood. At present:

All Across The Universe & Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles
All I Really Want, You Ought To Know & Ironic - Alanis Morissette
Gimmie, Go To Hell, Devils Food/Black Widow, Saga of Jesse Jane - Alice Cooper
She Rides - Danzig
I Don't Wanna Be Me, Dead Again, Black No.1 - Type O Negative
Lady Evil, Double The Pain, Neverwhere, Wishing Well - Heaven & Hell
When It All Comes Down, To Know you Is To Love You, So Excited - B.B. King
Fever, Stormy Monday, Ain't No Love..., Yolanda - Bobby Bland
Sleeping Sun, She Is My Sin - Nightwish
I Walk Alone - Tarja
Dreamers Ball, Don't Stop Me Now, Dragon Attack, Another One Bites The Dust - Queen

There are many more but these are what comes to mind at present.:)

Karen564
02-09-2010, 03:32 PM
I can think of many...but this gets me moving!!, just a song this Ol girl really likes, check it out :) ..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo-p4-SAqb4

JaytoJillian
02-09-2010, 04:25 PM
"Express Yourself" NOT Madonna, but Charles Wright and the Watts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTE0Y9dPUsw

gabimartini
02-09-2010, 04:40 PM
It depends on my mood. At present:

All Across The Universe & Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles
All I Really Want, You Ought To Know & Ironic - Alanis Morissette
Gimmie, Go To Hell, Devils Food/Black Widow, Saga of Jesse Jane - Alice Cooper
She Rides - Danzig
I Don't Wanna Be Me, Dead Again, Black No.1 - Type O Negative
Lady Evil, Double The Pain, Neverwhere, Wishing Well - Heaven & Hell
When It All Comes Down, To Know you Is To Love You, So Excited - B.B. King
Fever, Stormy Monday, Ain't No Love..., Yolanda - Bobby Bland
Sleeping Sun, She Is My Sin - Nightwish
I Walk Alone - Tarja
Dreamers Ball, Don't Stop Me Now, Dragon Attack, Another One Bites The Dust - Queen

There are many more but these are what comes to mind at present.:)

Hi Kirsty, read your post and felt like listening to some Beatles!!!! Cool tunes!!

josie_S
02-09-2010, 08:45 PM
I love Kylie Minogue--especially 'Can't Get You Out of My Head'
Also The Pretenders' 'Brass in Pocket'
And Concrete Blonde!

Sweet Jane
02-09-2010, 11:37 PM
i like the same songs regardless of how i'm dressed......a cool song thats rocking my world right now is "something heavenly" by 'the margarets'.....

Meghan
02-10-2010, 12:36 AM
Ooooh, there are so many.

It's a trance track, predictably, but this new one is amazing:

Shane, Myon54 feat. Aruna - "Helpless"

I would also have accepted:

Above & Beyond - "No One On Earth"

Or the Thrillseekers feat. Gina Dootsen - "By Your Side"

Smiles!

Meghan

girlalex
02-10-2010, 02:46 AM
rap music. yep, you heard me right. rap music. wired ha?
i think so too :go:

nikkijo
02-10-2010, 03:05 AM
nikki just listened to the beatles "love" circ du sole' soundtrack... love it...

Rachel C
02-10-2010, 06:52 AM
I agree with a prevous post that "These Dreams" by Heart is a great one. "I Can't Wait" by Stevie Nicks is one of my favorites. I'll look for my longest and fullest skirt and grab a couple long scarves to wrap them around like a shawl. Then it's lots of spins and swishing around the fabric of the skirt. She really knows how to work a skirt.

VanessaVW
02-10-2010, 01:38 PM
I like Ian Van Dahl's "Just a Girl" and "What I Cannot Change" by LeeAnn Rimes. I also enjoy all sorts of dance music with a good beat.

Cassie/Charlie
02-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Anything by Kelly clarkson or Taylor swift, I really like some of the female Texas country artists to

Gigi0366
02-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Anything by Sting!!! :daydreaming:

rachelgirlnw
02-14-2010, 12:09 AM
I heard Sheryl Crow's "Strong Enough" on the radio tonight. The last lyric goes:

Would you be man enough to be my man?

And I thought... OMG, I guess not! But we could shop ... :daydreaming:

dutch-anita
02-14-2010, 12:03 PM
the Cure, why can't I be you

you're so gorgeous i'll do anything!
i'll kiss you from your feet
to where your head begins!
you're so perfect!
you're so right as rain!
you make me make me make me
make me hungry again

everything you do is irresistible
everything you do is simply kissable
why can't i be you?

i'll run around in circles
'til i run out of breath
i'll eat you all up
or i'll just hug you to death
you're so wonderful!
too good to be true!
you make me
make me hungry for you

everything you do is simply delicate
everything you do is quite angelicate
why can't i be you?
why can't i be you?

you turn my head when you turn around
you turn the whole world upside down
i'm smitten i'm bitten i'm hooked i'm cooked
i'm stuck like glue!
you make me
make me hungry for you

everything you do is simply dreamy
everything you do is quite delicious
why can't i be you?
why can't i be you?
why can't i be you?

you're simply elegant!

Toni_Lynn
02-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Odd ball that I am --- Blue Turns to Grey by Cliff Richard and the Shadows from 1966. Reason -- I play it when doing house work and usually wearing a denim skirt and blouse, or oversized sweatshirt and leggings -- and imagine myself as a girl on Top of the Pops dancing to it as I dust and vacuum

Oh -- and my wife and I have a fantasy about acting out the video for t.A.t.U.'s All the Things She Said

T

linnea
02-14-2010, 02:30 PM
"Big-Boned Gal"!!! That's my song!

Kellie Day
02-14-2010, 07:46 PM
"True Colours"--either the Phil Collins or Cindi Lauper recording (although the latter is much more the chick version).

"The Cinema Show" by Genesis (1973):

I have crossed between the poles,
For me there's no mystery.
Once a man, like the sea I raged,
Once a woman, like the earth I gave,
And there is fact more earth than sea.

Maybe you had to have been there, then.

Ruth
02-15-2010, 03:19 PM
I know it's going back a long way, but 'Leader of the pack' by the Shangri-Las does it for me. It's funny and it's tacky and it sounds like a parody of a pop song now, but when I sing along with it I feel like such a GIRL!!!

LisaAlexander
02-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Just now I found another meaning to the song "Why can't I be you?" by the Cure and it's catchy.. it makes me dance.. and from what I can interpret I can relate.. beside Robert Smith isn't one to shy away from crossdressing...

You're so gorgeous I'll do anything!
I'll kiss you from your feet
To where your head begins!
You're so perfect!
You're so right as rain!
You make me
Make me hungry again

Everything you do is irresistible
Everything you do is simply kissable
Why can't I be you?

MonicaJean
02-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Dance music...Kim Sozzi, Expose (LOVE Gia in that band!), Cascada. Not only do I want to dance, i want to dress up totally femme and go to a club to express myself. It has such a big influence on me, dunno why. But I love it :D

gabimartini
02-19-2010, 09:13 PM
70s Disco Music!!

ChainedJane
02-19-2010, 09:56 PM
Electronic dance music, the heavier and faster the better. Queen also does the trick, every time. :o

linda's angel
02-19-2010, 10:00 PM
beyonce.. i am a single girl, now that is hot i am always singing it.

linnea
02-20-2010, 12:30 AM
KD Laing's "Big-Boned Gal": it makes me feel confident and excited to go out on Saturday to whoop it up at the Legion Hall--with my blue dress on!

MonicaJean
02-20-2010, 12:37 AM
I like Ian Van Dahl's "Just a Girl" and "What I Cannot Change" by LeeAnn Rimes. I also enjoy all sorts of dance music with a good beat.

Just a Girl is a great song. I enjoy singing that when I'm alone. It's a has a certain ring of truth to it. :)

Edwina27
02-20-2010, 06:31 AM
ABBA rules. Especially" Dancing Queen". After all, wouldn't we all like to be a queen for a day.

marcy77
02-24-2010, 03:27 PM
As long as it is being sung by a woman, Disco, pop, metal, country, even r&b is great to listen to when I am CD. The feminine voice singing inspires me to be proud of who I am, to not be ashamed of what I do, and to have the courage to go out and boogie.

However, I would like to mention that I really enjoy Green Day's - "King for a Day". It's all about CD's!!! Doesn't anyone else love this song? Or am I the only one that knows about it?:heehee:

Anna_S
02-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Ok, I'll show my age and how much of a square I am.

Non so piu cosa son... from Mozart's Marriage of Figaro.

I don't know what I am anymore.

This is a CD song from from about 1786.

In the opera it's sung by Cherubimo. Who is a boy played by a woman. But in the course of the opera he/she double cross dresses back as a woman.

I don't know what I am anymore.

The interesting thing is I listened to a CD (compact disc) of the opera some years ago and that was my favourite aria. It was only years later I learned what the lyrics meant.

Mozart claimed he could set any emotion to music. Did he know what he was writing? Did he put something into the music that suggested cross dressing?

tricia_uktv
02-24-2010, 05:11 PM
"True Colours"--either the Phil Collins or Cindi Lauper recording (although the latter is much more the chick version).

"The Cinema Show" by Genesis (1973):

I have crossed between the poles,
For me there's no mystery.
Once a man, like the sea I raged,
Once a woman, like the earth I gave,
And there is fact more earth than sea.

Maybe you had to have been there, then.

YAY - I love the song but there is still a mass of mystery.

I Love Shirley so how about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0pOAVGvePQ

Xcindyx
02-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Mostly androgynous/girl rock. Marilyn Manson, Placebo, Hole etc. Thats my favorite kind of music anyways.:)

VanessaVW
02-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Just a Girl is a great song. I enjoy singing that when I'm alone. It's a has a certain ring of truth to it. :)

I looked at the "Top 25 Most Played Tunes" list on my ITunes account, guess which song is #1??? :o

Wen4cd
02-24-2010, 06:20 PM
You have to look at things indise out, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjYJndzV07c

Lilith Moon
02-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Ooh La La....GoldFrapp

jenifer m.
02-24-2010, 06:31 PM
i love heavy metal old school type but what gets my fem side going is gwen steph,and no doubt also madonna.

MsJanessa
02-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Hit Me with your Best Shot by Pat Benetar

Dee2U
02-24-2010, 08:30 PM
I am a tenor who has kept quite a bit of my upper range (but not exactly Art Grafunkel). I really enjoy stretching my upper range and singing along with many women pop singers. I am really on side with Alanis Morrisette, Cyndi Lauper, Carole King, Joni Mitchell (hard to keep up with her) and a range of folkies that are probably not well known to you....Dee

gabimartini
02-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Listening to Jem tonite. Very girly!