PDA

View Full Version : Code 1 in Sears

tracie674
02-03-2010, 04:48 PM
I was recently in Sears, underdressed and wearing makeup. While trying on several pairs of lovely heels, I noticed that there were security cameras which may have been able to see me. Didn't think much of them since trying on shoes is not a crime. In fact I thought it might be fun to think that some store security guy in the back room might be having fun watch me try on womens shoes. When over the store PA systems I hear "code 1 to shoes, code 1 to shoes". Thinking I might at least get questioned and have to give all sorts of personal information, I slipped off a a beautiful pair of silver heels and back into my man shoes (yuk) and left the store. But what i would like to know if anyone knows what "code 1" means. Was it hey theres a pevr in the shoe department lets get him or was it something totally unrelated to my activities???

Any one know what these codes mean??

Thanks

JulieK1980
02-03-2010, 04:50 PM
the Codes security use vary from location to location, for most stores.

AKASadieGG
02-03-2010, 04:58 PM
:Angry3: OMG just when I think I've heard it all...............

sherri52
02-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Codes do change from store to store. In this case it probably meant that an SA is needed to assist a customer

lisalove
02-03-2010, 05:03 PM
I have know a few people (guys) who work in retail, and they all had some code to let others know that there was a hottie or something wierd going on in the store.
One I remember was at my friend's tire store. If there was a good looking woman in the store, the person at the counter would use the intercom and say " _____ pick up line 3". Then you would see the guys in the shop go to the door to the store to see the woman.

Wen4cd
02-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Code 1 = someone going out of their way to shatter harmful stereotypes ;)

But really, probably actually was something close to what you suspect. Especially if you were the only one in shows.

They were probably watching you on camera and said , "Hey, let's see what happens when we say 'code 1 to shoes' over the PA, nyuk nyuk nyuk." They probably did it on purpose as a joke to see if you reacted.

Kaitlyn Michele
02-03-2010, 05:23 PM
doubtful that code 1 means more than somebody (the person id'd as code 1) go to shoes...probably a security guard...

i was at newyork and company last year..and a guard came up to me while i was looking at jeans and asked "can i help you"...i just smiled and said no...
he watched me like a hawk.. oh well..

Shelby
02-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Not sure what Code 1 was, but I was at Sears yesterday in the tool dept and heard a Code 2 to TV's.

I know code yellow at Target means missing child.

I once was told a story about a Meat Cutter in a grocery store that upon seeing a hottie would tap 3 times on the ceiling (yes there is a song like that) with a broom stick to let the Manager upstairs know. This worked well until one day when he heard the 3 tap hottie alert only to discover that his daughter was in the store.

Genifer Teal
02-03-2010, 05:33 PM
LOLOLOL!!! :lol2:

This worked well until one day when he heard the 3 tap hottie alert only to discover that his daughter was in the store.

Sherry-Stephanie
02-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Some stores simple use it as "a trick" to let customers think they're being watched when in fact it means nothing....if your up to no good and you hear something like then then you automatically think they're referring to you and you more often than not get spooked and leave...

Trust me if they think your up ot no good they're not going to let hyou know that they know...LP guys live and die based on stats!!! and stats are gotten by catching people not chasing them out of the stores....

kellycan27
02-03-2010, 06:49 PM
doubtful that code 1 means more than somebody (the person id'd as code 1) go to shoes...probably a security guard...

i was at newyork and company last year..and a guard came up to me while i was looking at jeans and asked "can i help you"...i just smiled and said no...
he watched me like a hawk.. oh well..

Personally I would have confronted him.. Is there a problem, or do you just like looking at me? I don't think that my boyfriend would appreciate you ogling me. I would in fact have probably caused a scene if he persisted, or may have even asked to see his supervisor claiming that he made me uncomfortable enough as to make me fearful of my saftey. This guy was following me around the store and staring at me... can you tell me why?

Kel

JulieK1980
02-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Personally I would have confronted him.. Is there a problem, or do you just like looking at me? I don't think that my boyfriend would appreciate you ogling me. I would in fact have probably caused a scene if he persisted, or may have even asked to see his supervisor claiming that he made me uncomfortable enough as to make me fearful of my saftey. This guy was following me around the store and staring at me... can you tell me why?

Kel

Definitely agree, its one thing to discreetly watch people for theft, its another altogether to obviously follow the person without a very good reason. Unless your stuffing clothes into your purse, its unjustified.

Cristi
02-03-2010, 07:35 PM
I wonder if it is a coincidence that Sears has been the ONLY place that has ever made me feel uncomfortable while shopping. I was wandering through the store once after spending some time browsing in the women's section (I was dressed at the time, but I doubt if I was passing) and I was 'shadowed' for a while by somebody in store security.

Every time I looked up, he was 1 or 2 aisles away looking at me. A few times, he was talking into the radio mic attached at his shoulder without taking his eyes off me.

Well, this was a while ago when I had less confidence, so his actions had the desired effect. I left the store. If it were to happen again today, I'd probably approach him to ask if there was a problem and maybe even get pissed enough that I'd ask to talk to his manager and ask HIM what Sears's policy toward crossdressing customers was and perhaps their security employees need better training.

I agree with the poster above who wrote that the 'code one' was probably just to see what your reaction would be.

MizLutz
02-03-2010, 07:52 PM
I don't have much patience for Sears security people and about the only reason I go into Sears these days is if I need a tool. I guess it goes way back to the days when I'd skate board through the store when I was a kid and they would try and chase me out lol. But there's a reason why Sears is beat down pretty bad these days. For the most part, the Sears stores around my area suck....

tess graham
02-03-2010, 07:55 PM
I was in Sears today. After wandering thru the womens sale racks, I ended up in 'Shoes'.
I found an amazing pair of brown snakeskin heels....and I usually do not even look at snakeskin footwear. There was only one pair in my size. I was dressed in drab (Sweatshirt, jeans and sneakers) but underdressed with stockings, Bra, panties.
I thought about coming back later in the week dressed, but these shoes were only $10!!
Could not rick losing them, so I kicked off my sneakers and socks and tried those babies on in the middle of the aisle. No 'Code' over the pa and the only comment was from a young woman who said "Great shoes". Yes, the snakeskins did follow me home.

luvgirlyclothes
02-03-2010, 07:58 PM
code 1 means "GET THAT GUY A SHOEHORN" :))))

eileendover
02-03-2010, 08:08 PM
I don't have much patience for Sears security people and about the only reason I go into Sears these days is if I need a tool. I guess it goes way back to the days when I'd skate board through the store when I was a kid and they would try and chase me out lol. But there's a reason why Sears is beat down pretty bad these days. For the most part, the Sears stores around my area suck....

I'm with you, MizLutz. Maybe Code 1 means "Hey, someone might actually be buying something."

Persephone
02-03-2010, 08:08 PM
the only comment was from a young woman who said "Great shoes". Yes, the snakeskins did follow me home.

Congratulations on the new shoes, Tess! I did something similar this past week, trying on some stilettos while dressed pretty much en drab. Well, it was a really great sale, and, like you, I scored the shoes!

Not sure what Code 1 was, but I was at Sears yesterday in the tool dept and heard a Code 2 to TV's.

Hmmmmm, does that mean there were 2 TV's in the store instead of just one?

I know code yellow at Target means missing child.

And at Disney Land a "protein spill" means someone threw up.

This worked well until one day when he heard the 3 tap hottie alert only to discover that his daughter was in the store.

ROFL! I bet that didn't go down well for the clerk!

Kinda like the story I've loved for a long time: A guy goes into a pharmacy walks up to the pharmacist and asks him for some condoms. The pharmacist says: "well they come in packs of 3, 9, and 12". The kid says: "well im going to have dinner at her place tonight and after that were going out and i think im gonna get lucky and once she had me she wont be able to get enough, so better make it twelve". Meanwhile he goes home and gets ready and heads over to her house to have dinner and meet her parents. They sit down ready for dinner and they ask him to say grace. He says it and goes on and on and on... The girl leans over and says: "you didn't tell me you were such a religious person", and he leans back and says: "you didn't tell me your dad was a pharmacist".

Leslie Langford
02-03-2010, 08:14 PM
I hear these "Security to..." or "security cameras scan Section 5..." etc. directions being broadcast over store intercoms all the time, and my gut feeling is that they are simply random announcements to keep potential shoplifters on their toes.

I mean, if you really want to catch a thief in action, why broadcast their location to everyone in the world, including the perp him/herself? Duh! :doh:

cd_ellen32
02-03-2010, 08:17 PM
I used to work at Sears a long time ago. The code system was made so that the receptionist/operator on shift didn't have to look up who was in what department at the time. So a code 1 was more than likely a neighboring associate in say Woman's wear could call the operator and have the associate covering Shoes paged back to the Shoe department. Only the operator is allowed to page at Sears. So too many code 1's on the day/evening could also get you canned as well. That is part of the reason why the operator can only page so that they can keep track of coverage.

Security could have also called this in to the operator but I doubt it since the security personnel at Sears rarely do. They would rather watch you to see if you are going to put that pair of pumps in your coat/bag/pants/skirt than give a sign that they are watching.

More than likely it was another SA that thought you needed help.

Ellen

Rachel Morley
02-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Code 1? .... at least it wasn't a code red ! :devil: It was probably a security guard watching you on the CCTV and thought he's give you a scare ... just for a laugh. I wouldn't worry to much about it, you're still a paying customer no matter what you try on or buy.

Kelly DeWinter
02-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Allways the optomist , I think code 1 means , customer with great taste needs a chashier stat !

MizLutz
02-03-2010, 08:49 PM
I was in Sears today. After wandering thru the womens sale racks, I ended up in 'Shoes'.
I found an amazing pair of brown snakeskin heels....and I usually do not even look at snakeskin footwear. There was only one pair in my size. I was dressed in drab (Sweatshirt, jeans and sneakers) but underdressed with stockings, Bra, panties.
I thought about coming back later in the week dressed, but these shoes were only $10!!
Could not rick losing them, so I kicked off my sneakers and socks and tried those babies on in the middle of the aisle. No 'Code' over the pa and the only comment was from a young woman who said "Great shoes". Yes, the snakeskins did follow me home.Usually when a woman says something nice to me like that and she knows I'm a guy (very not passable lol), I take it that she's hitting on me....which usually turns out they are! One day in a dept store, a sales lady saw me looking at bras and she came over and started telling me all about how to pick out and size the correct bra. It was nice lol

AKAMichelle
02-03-2010, 09:22 PM
the only way to know for sure is to go back in there and ask what code 1 stands for.

Starfire Jade
02-03-2010, 09:28 PM
I try stuff on in the good will all the time, in guy mode. And If this happened to me I wouldn't care. I would continue to do what I was doing.

Melinda G
02-03-2010, 09:54 PM
They're probably collecting your DNA off those silver heels as we speak.:D

christinek
02-03-2010, 10:08 PM
"Bong" Im Shopping! "Bong" Im Shopping!

Sorry a Galagher moment.

Stormgirl
02-03-2010, 10:10 PM
I try stuff on in the good will all the time, in guy mode. And If this happened to me I wouldn't care. I would continue to do what I was doing.

This right here. If I heard a "code 1," I'd just shrug for a minute and go back to what I was doing.

sterling12
02-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Somebody already covered The Codes at Sears, and I would imagine that The Information was correct, sure sounded like that person knew about The System.

But, my question is simple enough. "OK, your initial reaction was to cut and run, when you heard them specifically mention the Shoe Department. But, you weren't doing anything wrong!" I think if I had been in your shoes, I would have attempted to control my emotions and just "sit tight," continuing what I was doing. Since you weren't stealing anything, YOU DID NOTHING WRONG! If they did attempt to make your life miserable, I'd have made sure there were witnesses, and sued their pants off.

If nothing else, if this situation became an "incident," seems like a good idea to summon The Store manager and ask for explanations.

Nobody is accusing you of not being brave, and you had a number of choices you could have made. I just think that in The Future, all of us can think about this episode and perhaps handle it in a different manner. I think that we should be getting past incidents like this, I would think any "Modern Store" and their personnel would know better.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Olivia
02-04-2010, 12:13 AM
In a similar vein; my daughter used to work part-time at Circuit City, in customer service. Sometimes customers would return some piece of electronics, complaining that it didn't work. Often the service folks would find that it was something like not being plugged in. When the customer returned to pick up their product, the repair department would write "ID-10T" error on the invoice...

O

Amy Lynn3
02-04-2010, 12:59 AM
They would need to call Code Blue if that had been me.

marlacd
02-04-2010, 04:02 AM
I think that I'd been in deep doo-doo, because I don't pay any attencion to any of the stores P.A. systems when I'm shopping.

siantv2003
02-04-2010, 05:57 AM
not sure what code 1 was, but i was at sears yesterday in the tool dept and heard a code 2 to tv's.

I know code yellow at target means missing child.

I once was told a story about a meat cutter in a grocery store that upon seeing a hottie would tap 3 times on the ceiling (yes there is a song like that) with a broom stick to let the manager upstairs know. This worked well until one day when he heard the 3 tap hottie alert only to discover that his daughter was in the store.

rotflol

JustAlex
02-04-2010, 08:31 AM
"knock three times on the ceiling if you want me, twice on the pipe if the answer is no"
Oh Boy! Are you old or what??

I'm pretty sure that when they wrote the code system the last thing on their minds would be a guy trying on female stuff.
Most likely the number one was something like "send salesperson" or "fire". I guess they could have gone all the way to "guy trying on female stuff" but it would have been something like code 187.

I remember one store here that had the code system posted next to the customer care desk. It has things like "mister Juan Perez, please report to ..." to indicate fire or "mister Carlos Lopez, please report to..." to indicate medical attention required. I pointed out to the desk clerk that it was a bad idea to have that posted where customers could read it because the idea is not to create panic in the store in case of an emergency. The lady looked at me like I was an ET and said "Who reads that??? you're the only one. Half of my staff never did".

Carroll
02-04-2010, 08:39 AM
I am a current employee of Sears. Since I am not a cashier I rarely use the codes and have to look them up so know I will most likely get it mixed up but here it goes:

Code 1: Cashier assistance need
Code 2: Manager needed
Code 3: Change needed

Calling store Loss prevention is something completely different.

Kaitlyn Michele
02-04-2010, 08:52 AM

Kel

I know that you are totally right, but at that point in time I didn't have the confidence to do it.....

Today I dont beleive I would have hesitated (and I don't think he would have questioned me!!!:heehee:).

Every day of transition builds confidence

BTW....as i think back to it, the guard himself looked like a guy that security would flag if he walked into a different store, he was gross!!

Tamara Croft
02-04-2010, 09:36 AM
They're probably collecting your DNA off those silver heels as we speak.:DYou wouldn't be far wrong actually... not after what I deleted :eek: (you really do not want to know)!!

docrobbysherry
02-04-2010, 10:18 AM
I'd MUCH rather be #1! Think about it!:brolleyes:

Being #2 STINKS!:heehee:

kellycan27
02-04-2010, 10:28 AM
I know that you are totally right, but at that point in time I didn't have the confidence to do it.....

Today I dont beleive I would have hesitated (and I don't think he would have questioned me!!!:heehee:).

Every day of transition builds confidence

BTW....as i think back to it, the guard himself looked like a guy that security would flag if he walked into a different store, he was gross!!

I totally understand. I've always been a tad on the rebellious side. :heehee:

:hugs:

Kel

aggi123
02-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Caroll, does Sears have LP that often? I work LP for Giant, LLC, and in the past year, of all of the people in my group, three of them have come from Kmart ( i know it's not sears, but didn't enron buy sears a couple years ago? ) Saying they were laid off or had their LP status mixed up like, 24 hours in LP, and 16 hours in shoes. I was often wondering if Sears did the same thing and maybe you could clarify that =P

There are all kinds of codes that happen, for example, when I'm working, I ask the pharmacists if they can page, "Mr. Walker, please return to the pharmacy, your prescription is ready." (no, my last name isn't Walker =P) when they see something suspicious. Before I worked Loss Prevention and was a customer service manager, the management asked me to page every hour "security scan zone (random letter)."

It is true, our job relies heavily on stats. My goals is 150 shoplifters this year. Also, I've made myself very known some days in case someone looks like they might cause trouble. They might not be doing anything, but I don't want to risk it, especially since I've been assaulted twice and I've been doing this job less than a year. Sorry for my rambled, convoluted post.

Plasibeau
02-04-2010, 11:26 AM
I have been followed around my local walmart so many times that just a few days ago I asked the guy I'd he would mind pushing my basket. Ive even figured out thier intercom code. "CSM Bob to lingerie. . ." means se urity is coming to watch me pick out panties!:D

kimdl93
02-04-2010, 11:52 AM
makes you wonder if real security threats might decide to use us as decoys!

Andy66
02-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Some stores simple use it as "a trick" to let customers think they're being watched when in fact it means nothing....if your up to no good and you hear something like then then you automatically think they're referring to you and you more often than not get spooked and leave...

Trust me if they think your up ot no good they're not going to let hyou know that they know...
Exactly!

Heh. I work at Walmart, and I'm sure security has seen me do plenty of goofy things. One time I got my apron caught in a cash register drawer when I closed it. Just a few days ago I had to catch a live lobster from a tank for customers. The little b*****d flipped himself off the scale and I had to go chasing him across the Seafood Department floor. Security was probably ROTFL. :o

Persephone
02-04-2010, 12:32 PM
I remember one store here that had the code system posted next to the customer care desk. It has things like "mister Juan Perez, please report to ..." to indicate fire or "mister Carlos Lopez, please report to..." to indicate medical attention required. I pointed out to the desk clerk that it was a bad idea to have that posted where customers could read it because the idea is not to create panic in the store in case of an emergency. The lady looked at me like I was an ET and said "Who reads that??? you're the only one. Half of my staff never did".

Funny! I was in a Radio Shack® one time while they were reorganizing the stockroom. They left a box in the middle of the sales floor with a piece of paper on top of it.

The piece of paper had a huge written note on it -- "Our access code is [the code], our password is [the code]." Underlined was "Never, ever let a customer see this!!!"

Ooooops!!!

Just a few days ago I had to catch a live lobster from a tank for customers. The little b*****d flipped himself off the scale and I had to go chasing him across the Seafood Department floor. Security was probably ROTFL. :o

I don't understand, you and security were chasing a customer across the seafood department floor?

KARI AN
02-04-2010, 12:53 PM
I was out of town and went to Sears looking at womens clothes totaly dressed when a sales person spotted me and noticed that I wasnt a total women and yelled at his buddy, I left the store and went to my vehicle, they even came out to see if they could locate me and this was in the cold weather.:Angry3:

kimdl93
02-04-2010, 01:07 PM
This raises a question - do some CDers try to shoplift so as to avoid embarrassment. That would be a painfully stupid thing to do!

It reminds me of an odd situation that occurred years ago - a high ranking state official who will remain nameless, was caught shop lifting a women's jogging suit. At the time I thought - a jogging suit, why not some nice panties, stockings or a skirt?

MizLutz
02-04-2010, 02:15 PM
In a similar vein; my daughter used to work part-time at Circuit City, in customer service. Sometimes customers would return some piece of electronics, complaining that it didn't work. Often the service folks would find that it was something like not being plugged in. When the customer returned to pick up their product, the repair department would write "ID-10T" error on the invoice...

OID-10T error LOL! Been awhile since seeing that one!

Vicki65
02-04-2010, 02:37 PM
If you have a radio scanner - try listening in on their security frequencies some time. You'll probably work out what their codes are soon enough.

Like you, I'm not brave enough to sit tight either. I have tried boots on in drab at TK Maxx, simply because I just could NOT leave them there - drop dead gorgeous FCUK suede knee length - got a few weird looks from a few other shoppers, but a twenty-something girl took a long long look wearing a very nice smile! :)

These days I just buy my size, and return them if the fit isn't good. That way I can get buy with the old 'present for the wife' line.

I know I know, people like me are just prolonging the time we'll have to spend underground / marginalised - if I, and people like me could be braver, we'd be as normal a sight as gays are now. :sad:

Andy66
02-04-2010, 06:18 PM
This raises a question - do some CDers try to shoplift so as to avoid embarrassment. That would be a painfully stupid thing to do!
i'm sure it happens. :sad: Electronics and makeup are the most commonly stolen items - small, expensive things. Don't steal; but if you do, it would be particularly unwise to try to steal those.

Schatten Lupus
02-04-2010, 06:29 PM
It was probably nothing significant. I really doubt it was anything in a negative manner, because had it been and someone gave you a hard time, it would be a potential lawsuit.

Fab Karen
02-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Unless you hear "security to ___, guy with an Uzi!" don't worry about the announcements. You're not doing anything wrong ( unless you're thinking of buying a beige outfit, in which case stopping you would be a service to society ).

Carroll
02-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Caroll, does Sears have LP that often? I work LP for Giant, LLC, and in the past year, of all of the people in my group, three of them have come from Kmart ( i know it's not sears, but didn't enron buy sears a couple years ago? ) Saying they were laid off or had their LP status mixed up like, 24 hours in LP, and 16 hours in shoes. I was often wondering if Sears did the same thing and maybe you could clarify that =P

There are all kinds of codes that happen, for example, when I'm working, I ask the pharmacists if they can page, "Mr. Walker, please return to the pharmacy, your prescription is ready." (no, my last name isn't Walker =P) when they see something suspicious. Before I worked Loss Prevention and was a customer service manager, the management asked me to page every hour "security scan zone (random letter)."

It is true, our job relies heavily on stats. My goals is 150 shoplifters this year. Also, I've made myself very known some days in case someone looks like they might cause trouble. They might not be doing anything, but I don't want to risk it, especially since I've been assaulted twice and I've been doing this job less than a year. Sorry for my rambled, convoluted post.

Kmart bought Sears quit a while age. As far as LP, we Have our own LP and that's all they do. I can not get specific about how many or the operations part of it, but they do watch cameras and walk around like a customer.

aggi123
02-05-2010, 12:48 AM
The number one thing I've caught people stealing is Gillette Fusion Razor Blades. Just an FYI =P

Thank you, Carroll! Must just be our location then.

jo_ann
02-05-2010, 09:01 PM
sometimes "code 1" at some stores means "we're getting backed up at the registers, associates get your butts up here to help out the customers", but they use codes so you don't realize.. When I worked at kohl's in the shipping/recieving department, we were "99", so when they say "99 to the checkout", that usually means they have a heavy item that the customer needs assistance with.

Andy66
02-06-2010, 01:41 AM
Code Yellow means "somebody come relieve me because I need to pee." :heehee:

Sally24
02-06-2010, 06:57 AM
my gut feeling is that they are simply random announcements to keep potential shoplifters on their toes.
Worked in retail for many years in the 70's and 80's. Our security would do "codes" to scare off anyone thinking about shoplifting. Some places are very specific "ladies shoes" while others just do random codes and area lables that don't mean anything.

Nicole Erin
02-06-2010, 10:04 AM
You wouldn't be far wrong actually... not after what I deleted :eek: (you really do not want to know)!!
This statement holds all to be told of what you deleted... :heehee: No it was nothing I posted but talking about shoes and DNA... one can quickly guess.

Now about security -
Security guards are not cops. They have no more authority than anyone. My two best friends work in security and they are just deterrents. Some can look pretty intimidating with the uniforms but they are no different than you or me.

About "protien spill" - yeah that was a great thing ro read about when I was TRYING to eat. Besides, I thought it was called "tossing your cookies" or "losing your lunch". We will argue this later.

Code 1 meaning someone is actually buying something? I can see the rest of the protocol - "...make sure to cashier is not sleeping in the breakroom... there is an actual customer".

To test the codes - just start going section to section and see if they call the code in each area. maybe get right between two section and play hopscotch. "Code ? in appliances, wait, sheos, no wait, applicances, no wait! shoes again..."

Leslie Langford
02-06-2010, 12:02 PM
sometimes "code 1" at some stores means "we're getting backed up at the registers, associates get your butts up here to help out the customers", but they use codes so you don't realize.. When I worked at kohl's in the shipping/recieving department, we were "99", so when they say "99 to the checkout", that usually means they have a heavy item that the customer needs assistance with.

...when calling "No. 99" for assistance meant putting hockey great Wayne Gretzky back into play to help the Edmonton Oilers win their run of four Stanley Cups back in the '80's before he moved on to the L.A. Kings and finally into part ownership and coaching the Phoenix Coyotes :heehee::thumbsup:.

Staci G
02-06-2010, 01:01 PM
I worked at Kmart during the Christmas season, the only thing we had for security was a lady walking around watching (LP) but she called us guys if she saw anything. They called every half hour to scan and record Department #__ but there was no scanning or recording going on. but it kept the thieves on their toes like a 5in pump.

Tamara Croft
02-06-2010, 01:08 PM
This statement holds all to be told of what you deleted... :heehee: No it was nothing I posted but talking about shoes and DNA... one can quickly guess.You wouldn't go shopping for clothes again if I told you... it's certainly put me off shopping, to think a person could even do that!!! :puke: *waits for all the PM's asking lol*

Toni_Lynn
02-06-2010, 08:14 PM
Way back when .. oh so long ago as teen .. when stores didn't have a person guarding the change rooms, I grab a pair of men's pants and then grab a dress. I'd conceal the dress under the pants and saunter off to the men's change room. Every time I'd hear a ding-ding or 'attention associates' I'd imagine that the next thing I'd hear was 'crossdresser in the men's change room'.

I also had this fear that every time I'd step in a department like lingerie I'd hear 'Attention KMart shoppers, crossdresser in the lingerie department'

I had a weird imagination

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Jason+
02-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Two responses on this topic:

1. The worst shopping experience I had was at Sears. I asked the SA if I could try on a blouse I really wanted and was told I could. Then the manager came and knocked on the door and loudly proclaimed that next time I should go to the men's side because it might make their women customers nervous about a man in the women's dressing room. (Normally I wouldn't have a problem being asked to use the men's side and I was in drab but I asked first before I went in.)

2. At walmart after entering the men's side with what were obviously dresses and blouses I had every intention of buying if they were the right size I heard "CSM to the men's fitting room." I decided to pay it no heed and finished trying on the things I wanted. I decided if I was the problem I would make them bring it to my attention and let them make the first move.

melissa_rinaldi
02-09-2010, 04:42 PM

I used to try on stuff in guy mode as well - but at now that i'm almost 1/2 century old, it's too creepy for even me to digest. I was in 3 different sears stores in the past two weeks trying stuff on (but dressed as Mel). Not a single person even looked at me, let alone followed me. I felt sort of bad not buying, but I didn't find anything that really flattered me. I DID have a good time trying it all on in the dressing room though. Something about checking the fit in one of those panoramic mirror setups gets me excited! I do worry about someone barging into my dressing corral though.

JulieK1980
02-09-2010, 06:18 PM
You wouldn't go shopping for clothes again if I told you... it's certainly put me off shopping, to think a person could even do that!!! :puke: *waits for all the PM's asking lol*

I wish I didn't see it before you deleted it......

Tamara Croft
02-09-2010, 07:06 PM
I wish I didn't see it before you deleted it......I hear ya... I wish I'd never read it, I'll never try anything on in shops again... and wash it a few times at least before I wear it :eek:

Stormgirl
02-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Wait? What? What did I miss? *sends Tamara a pm just to bug her*
jk I won't

victoriamwilliams1
02-09-2010, 07:19 PM

O

I have heard other codes used as well:) The sad part is what will the store do when people pick up the items and see they are called and "IDIOT" :)

I am a current employee of Sears. Since I am not a cashier I rarely use the codes and have to look them up so know I will most likely get it mixed up but here it goes:

Code 1: Cashier assistance need
Code 2: Manager needed
Code 3: Change needed

Calling store Loss prevention is something completely different.

I figure it was that and usually its because a SA is on break and the back up needs to come. I have heard codes like IC3, IC4 which mean I see # people in one line. I used to know the Target codes but I have forgotten them and I only remember "code" which meant if you are register trained get you tail up front NOW! that was even for those who worked in the stock room too!

Most retail codes are called during the first 3-4 hours of the stores opening and 1-2 hours before close due to lower staff counts during those hours. Also during those hours in off holiday seasons. The AP/LP departments are working double time in the slow times as well as staff shoplifters! I did a stint as a LP person for another now gone company and watch the employees more than the customers:)

Melinda G
02-10-2010, 01:44 AM
I was in 3 different sears stores in the past two weeks trying stuff on (but dressed as Mel). Not a single person even looked at me, let alone followed me.
You're pretty safe in Sears. They have no employees anymore.:D

tracie674
02-13-2010, 05:46 PM
I appologise for violating any site rules in my original post and for causing any discomfort to anyone who may have read the unedited post. For concern for you all I'll be more discrete next time. The only reason I mentioned my absolutely disgusting behavior was to explain why I did not want to be confronted by any security and why I left the store in a hurry. By the way, I have read many posts on this site which discused similar results to my trying on clothes. There is currently a thread about getting excited by photos of oneself and see oneself in the mirror.

Melinda G
02-15-2010, 12:40 PM
What you never want to hear:

"Cleanup in lingerie" :D

Carroll
02-15-2010, 03:54 PM
You're pretty safe in Sears. They have no employees anymore.:D

That is almost a true statement. Hours given to a person actually vary by department. One is based on how many credit apps one gets, another is based on protection agreements that one can sell, another is based on the how many items are projected in the next delivery truck and yet another is based on projected hours to complete tasking for the week. Then hours are added to the total store based on profits from the previous year and projected profits for the week. But wait, there's more. You know there survey everybody wants you to fill out after you purchase something at Sears? Hours are given to the ones that get 100's.

A bit of info on those surveys. The only way for a person to get a 100 is if you click "extremely satisfied" on the first three questions. If you have a complaint or comment, there is a place to jot down your thoughts and rest assured, at least in my store, every single comment, good or bad, is read and posted in the break room for all to read.

Honey
02-16-2010, 06:13 AM
I work at a supermarket and we have codes for all kinds of things, that surprisingly are standard across all the stores.

Things like "Grocery Service 20 to location 5" means a grocery assistant is needed for help, 40 is a price enquiry.

Then you have different codes for different phone lines, clean up codes, and a security code which means get your ass to whatever location as there is a theft in progress, or someone getting aggressive.

We have LPO (Loss Prevention Officers) but they don't make any calls and will follow suspects.

Caught one girl who had removed a pair of underpants, and was putting them on in the shop, I wasn't privy to the search obviously, but needless to say she had a few pairs of knickers on.

If you look suspicious the worst they are likely to do is follow you to make sure you don't steal something.

I believe there are probably a few CD/TG that are too embarressed to buy something so may result in them shoplifting, and that would make LPO's and security wary.

I use to fret when shopping, but just recently I've gone and bought quite a lot of clothing without even batting an eyelid.

It's a case of looking like you belong there.

Honey.

Froggy's Angel
02-16-2010, 06:40 AM
I hear ya... I wish I'd never read it, I'll never try anything on in shops again... and wash it a few times at least before I wear it :eek:

I worked at a KMart when I was a teenager, in the womens department, and we would get panties back, wow.. We would have to put things back on the shelf from a cart that the customer service desk would bring us, full of returns, and we were told to put things on hangers and look things over before we returned it to its proper place...

crusty, that's the one word I will use for some items, those, thank goodness, we were told to throw away... :noidea:

cdsteph
02-17-2010, 05:09 AM
I'm not sure if this applies, but a friend of mine who works in photofinishing in a Walmart says that most of the announced codes mean that there is no security in that area. Not that there should be any going to the area, just that there isn't.
It has no bearing on any customers, or what they may be doing....liken it to a policeman calling in to say he went for a donut.

Janet K.
02-18-2010, 02:25 PM
It happened to me yesterday at Kohl's! I was in the shoe section dressed completely enfemme and heard "Code 1 to shoes." I remembered this thread and continued with my shopping like I didn't hear anything. No one approached me, and I didn't see anyone scoping me out unless you count the GG that kept looking at me like she knew "something wasn't quite right" about me. LOL. That bugged me about as much as the code 1 did. :) I think that I am to the point now where I could care less what complete strangers at the places I go to enfemme think about me--I am who I am and no one will change that. It's not like they know me.