PDA

View Full Version : Any rockers that are closet cd'ers?

emmicd
08-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Any one here in a rockband where you crossdress when you perform?

Do you think there are rockstars that are closet crossdressers?

Do you know any rockstars that perform on stage and are crossdressed?

Emmi

kazeparker
08-07-2005, 10:41 PM
I stay in guy mode when I perform, but I have a friend in an all-girl band that will sometimes have guest singers that are boys dressed up to 'fit in'. I doubt they're really closet CDers, though. Even so, I'm sure there are those out there that do it, for sure, though I don't know any CD bands.

Sherlyn
08-07-2005, 10:59 PM
I never have dressed while I play in my band ,,,,but sure think of it:)...they guys would freak lol..... im outta the closet ..but will remain in there as far as my band mates are concerned :cool:

sportschick
08-07-2005, 11:33 PM
I'm in guy mode in my band, and enjoy the good ole boy stuff with those guys, so I wouldn't dream of it. If they knew of my occasional alter ego, I'd be out! I'd have to switch to a glam rock band! Actually I did come accross a crossdressing rock band somewhere on the internet!

Sigrid
08-08-2005, 12:31 AM
Unfortunately, I'm not good enough to play in a band... that's what they keep telling me, anyway. But, I do have a rock band fantasy... I want to play lead guitar on Jeff Beck's next album... actually, I'd be satisfied just to take over for Jennifer Batten in Jeff's band... ok, I'd like to BE Jennifer Batten.

I don't know of any closet CD's in any contemporary bands, but there are a couple bands that are openly CD/TG/TS... "Lady" is an all boy band that turned all girl. Rainy told me about them, and I saw them on MSNBC the other day. Another band I've heard about is Lipstick Conspiracy... here's a link...
http://www.lipstickconspiracy.com/
(it may be the vodka, but I'm pretty sure I mentioned them in another thread a few days ago)

GypsyKaren
08-08-2005, 02:01 AM
I don't play in a band, not near good enough, but I'm a long time rocker. I play acoustic and bass guitar, and I think Alice Cooper really rocks.

GypsyKaren

Rachel Ann
08-08-2005, 02:46 AM
Do you know any rockstars that perform on stage and are crossdressed?
http://www.transcentralstation.tv/home.html

I don't know what you mean by "stars", but they do rock - and are fine and sophisticated musicians.

Another band I've heard about is Lipstick Conspiracy... here's a link... http://www.lipstickconspiracy.com/
I had the good fortune to hear them jam with friends (including TCS) at a party recently. They are definitely worth going to hear.

Rachel x

eleventhdr
08-08-2005, 05:26 AM
There was a rock band a few years ago where one of the members wore dresses and skirts on stage i know because i saw them on some of the talk shows he was a guy who crossdressed while proforming. can not now recall the bvands name now oh well!. Suzy!.

Priscilla1018
08-08-2005, 09:33 AM
There was the video to Trashy Women that was performed by Confederate Railroad(not rock but still good)The guys in the band wore dresses and smoked cigars,most had beards also.It was a hoot.

gender_blender
08-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Some Musicians off the top of my head:
Marilyn Manson, Many Japanese Rock Bands (Malice Mizer, Dir En Grey, etc), Maynard James Keenan of Tool and A Perfect Circle often does drag during his performances, the lead singer of Placebo is transgendered, David Bowie, Madonna plays with gender quite a bit, and there was a boy band turned girl band but I can't remember the name.

I imagine there are plenty of closeted crossdressers in bands who perform regularly. But being "closeted" means not advertising the fact, so locating closeted crossdressers would be quite a task.

Charlie

Phoebe Reece
08-08-2005, 12:41 PM
David Bowie is probably the most famous crossdressing rocker. His "Ziggy Stardust" character around 1972 was definately on the femme side of glam rock.

Joanna
08-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Charlie please do not insult a serious subject by mentioning the name of the worlds largest fake clown Marilyn Manson.

The rest is a pretty neat subject so please do not spoil it.

However it's seems those of us with a more gothic style and a rock music background find it easier to come out than others, purley because of the styles, for example I was able to grow my hair long 5 years before i ever came out.

So Charlie please do not be offended but I do have my opinion

x x x x x xx x x x x

Joanna

Angela Burke
08-08-2005, 01:07 PM
Hello youngsters,

The one and only,

NEW YORK DOLLS !

Love Angela XX

Angela Burke
08-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Sorry,
mistake, you could never accuse the "Dolls" of being in the closet!

Love Angela XX

DragonLotus
08-08-2005, 05:18 PM
Yaaaa! New York Dolls!!!!!!!! David Johannsen!!! *I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy*

The drummer in one of my old bands used to dress in drag EVERY Halloween. I think he may have had a tich of CD in him but would only let it out on that night. Some of the getups he wore were AWESOME. And he would seem so delighted when people would come up to feel his "boobies" and comment on his clothing, which always looked great. haha Good times, good times.

Hey, anybody into the harder stuff.......is it true that one of the dudes in Type O Negative is a crossdresser? If so...... that would be :love: to death!!

StephanieCD
08-08-2005, 05:28 PM
Maynard James Keenan of Tool and A Perfect Circle often does drag during his performances

Really?! I so love his stuff... never seen him live though. Think he's just f-ing around or what?

I used to perform out a lot - never crossdressed on stage... wait, no, once I wore a skirt - but I think I was hallucinating and forgot to change ;) Yep, that's what it was LOL But other than that - I just thought that someday I'd be famous and then I could get away with it. Then I quit. *sigh*

Tristen Cox
08-08-2005, 05:37 PM
Hey, anybody into the harder stuff.......is it true that one of the dudes in Type O Negative is a crossdresser? If so...... that would be :love: to death!!
I love Type O, can't confirm that speculation but it would be interesting :cool:

DragonLotus
08-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Maynard James Keenan of Tool and A Perfect Circle often does drag during his performances

WHAT!!!! :love: :love: :love:

I didn't think it would be possible for me to love Maynard any more than before but......Oh GOD I think I'm having the big one!!!!

*falls over in blissful swoons*

StephanieCD
08-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Ok - now we've talked about Maynard AND Type-O AND crossdressing... I think I'm - yep - getting chills.

Tristen Cox
08-08-2005, 06:02 PM
Ok - now we've talked about Maynard AND Type-O AND crossdressing... I think I'm - yep - getting chills.
That's my beer bitch! Give it back! :topic:

Sharon
08-08-2005, 06:08 PM
The first TG performer that I was familiar with was Jayne (Wayne) County
http://www.jaynecounty.com/
I wasn't a big fan of her music, but she predated Bowie, the Dolls, and everyone else that I'm aware of, and she was truly TG and not using it just as a part of her act.

emmicd
08-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Lisa Jackson is one of the great rockers. Here is a little glimpse into her music and lifestyle.

www.roberturban.com/GGWinterviewLJackson.html

and

www.myhusbandbetty.com?p=4

Emmi

Angela Burke
08-08-2005, 10:44 PM
Sharon,
Although I thought Wayne/Jayne Countys' music was rubbish, you could never, ever accuse her of being "in the closet"!

Love Angela XX

Sigrid
08-08-2005, 10:56 PM
...and there was a boy band turned girl band but I can't remember the name.

You're probably thinking of the band "Lady"... I mentioned them earlier in this thread.

Another name from the past... Boy George. Although he once said "I am not gay and I'm not a transvestite" ... yeah, ok Geo.

gender_blender
08-08-2005, 11:02 PM
Charlie please do not insult a serious subject by mentioning the name of the worlds largest fake clown Marilyn Manson.

The rest is a pretty neat subject so please do not spoil it.
Certainly you are entitled to your opinion, but I was merely answering a question unaware of the apparent stipulations you present. I define the criteria of this thread to be "rock musicians/band members who crossdress on stage during performances", which he has and therefore bears mentioning. He seemed fairly real when I met him at the Manray club in Boston last year.
On a side note, is that you in your avatar? Very pretty.

There is much evidence to support this. Songs entitled "I don't want to be me", "My girlfriend's girlfriend", "Angry Inch" (Hedwig cover), "Baby one more time" (Britney cover), along with the long hair and certain key phrases stated during interviews convinced me that at least one of them is transgendered to some degree, but this hypothesis has yet to be confirmed.

Really?! I so love his stuff... never seen him live though. Think he's just f-ing around or what?
His central themes are "Think for yourself and question authority" and music retains the highest importance. I believe he isn't transgendered, but does it to place more emphasis on his music than the appearance of the band while questioning the "authority" of gender. I've seen Tool live twice and A Perfect Circle once.

http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/userimg/4647561/727787

Charlie

Abraxas
08-09-2005, 12:32 AM
Oh, yeah, absolutely Boy George... And Freddie Mercury... Well, Queen in general. It was Roger Taylor's idea for the band to dress up in drag for the music video, "I Want to Break Free"... And Brian May went to Elton John's birthday party dressed as Dame Edna (very funny, that.)

gender_blender
08-09-2005, 12:50 AM
I totally forgot Twisted Sister.

Charlie

Tristen Cox
08-09-2005, 12:53 AM
Dee Snider proving you can have the shoulders of a football player and look sexy too:D

samanthajay
08-09-2005, 02:19 AM
the late singer of acdc used to sing in drag at shows. damn it why can i think of his name ahhhhhhgg. im usally good about things like this. dead or alive front girlman. at least one band member from any jrock visual bands(mana yoshiki hide aya) david bowie twisted sister and most 80 bands wore makeup and is it me or did yall forget rupaul. im not a big fan hers music wise but hey first time i saw her she had me thinking she was a chick. :cool:ahhh bon scott from acdc now i think of his name.

Tristen Cox
08-09-2005, 02:23 AM
Bon Scott, can tell I do my homework aye:D

What about Poison? I know they weren't 'closet' CDs but they sure looked perty :cool:

samanthajay
08-09-2005, 02:39 AM
i said any 80s bands that wore makeup. dingy :p

Tristen Cox
08-09-2005, 02:47 AM
Exscrewz me! Poison is a frickin' 80s band.... started there...... might as well call it their end too concidering Flesh and blood(and anything after that :rolleyes: )

Deborah
08-09-2005, 02:50 AM
Love Poison. They were a great band. To bad grunge took over :(

arula
08-09-2005, 02:56 AM
I play semi-pro in a rock band, but in drag can only be in my mind.

samanthajay
08-09-2005, 03:02 AM
Exscrewz me! Poison is a frickin' 80s band.... started there...... might as well call it their end too concidering Flesh and blood(and anything after that :rolleyes: )
flesh and blood was a great album.

kathy gg
08-09-2005, 10:38 PM
Okay, anyone remember SpaceHog, lead singer actually is married to Liv Tyler. I read in an interview when the band first had a hit song that he did crossdress and did it since he was a kid. I always thought Liv was a bit left of center and I can kind of see her liking a guy who cd's.

Also...anyone rememerb the movie, "Leaveing Las Vegas" (i know this is about music, not movies, but) the guy who wrote the screenplay also helped Sheryl Crow write a song by the same name. In a Rolling Stone interview somewhere I remember them saying how he was found dead in drag and this happened possibly while they were dating/working together. Again, Sheryl seems to like guys with shaved legs , well at least by the looks of her new guy.

kathy in canada

samanthajay
08-09-2005, 11:30 PM
Dee Snider proving you can have the shoulders of a football player and look sexy too:D
what is that? a twited sister pin on your uniform?! :D

Tristen Cox
08-09-2005, 11:34 PM
what is that? a twited sister pin on your uniform?! :D
What do you want to do with your life ;)

samanthajay
08-09-2005, 11:46 PM
i wanna rock :cool:

Joanna
08-10-2005, 03:51 AM
Now this is getting into my kinda thread!!!!!!!

I suppose when considering the origonal topic of this thread was closet cd's, i think this is going way off track, but then hey,, LET THERE BE ROCK !!!!!

p.s. Tristen i never realised you had such good taste x x x