PDA

View Full Version : Dry Cleaning

yazooey
02-04-2010, 12:43 AM
Hey everyone. So, Monday, I happen to drop off some dry cleaning. Before I leave the house I think, "Oh, shoot, I should take my white, tuxedo front blouse in to get the foundation cleaned off from around the collar and to get it starched "Heavy." I walk in with three or four of my men's dress shirts, my wife's suit jacket and of course my size XL blouse with the makeup. I am going to pick my laudry up tomorrow. Has anyone else taken their femme wardrobe in for dry cleaning? Strangely, it was kind of exciting for me to do this. Weird, I know.

lingerieLiz
02-04-2010, 01:07 AM
I was working with someone out of town. He never went to the laundry. I took in two dresses and was to pick them up on Monday when I returned. On Monday I pulled in to pick everything up and he is there picking up. I was behind him so I assumed he would leave and put his stuff in his car. No he stood there talking as the manager went to get my things. She came out and said "Are these your wife's? Is she in town?" I told her no she didn't make it this week as planed. We went to lunch and work and nothing was ever said. I figured that no one needed to know.

AmandaIL
02-04-2010, 01:53 AM
Yeah, I've taken in skirts and blouses which need to be cared for properly. No big deal. One time the lady instinctively thought I said shirt rather than skirt until she realized what it was. They clean it just the same, no questions asked and don't even know who it's for.

Persephone
02-04-2010, 02:12 AM
Congratulations on your latest milestone, Yazooey!

Since my spouse is still working, she has far more dry cleaning than I do, but, of course, since I'm the homemaker, I'm the one who drops it off and picks it up.

A lot of his clients are neighborhood friends and acquaintances, and our drycleaner has always known me en drab, so it is one of the places I visit as a "guy," which means that sometimes it takes a few extra days to drop off or pick up the drycleaning.

We chat frequently, sometimes quite a bit. He has never said anything about how so much of the stuff I drop off is female clothing.

yazooey
02-04-2010, 02:47 AM
Strangely enough, it was a piece of cake. Almost as if nothing new.

Trish
02-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Since I only wear jeans and T shirts when in drab, the only clothes I get dry cleaned are my skirts and dresses. I never give it any thought as to what anyone thinks about it.

Celeste
02-04-2010, 08:15 AM
I like going to the dry cleaners,there is a nice GG who always takes my clothes.I did get a questioning look once when requesting that they hem some femme jeans.I'm waiting for her to ask one day,if they are for a wife or girlfriend.I will say,no their mine.

Janet Bern
02-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Sure all the time. I am closeted and have no problem taking it to my regular cleaners.

sherri52
02-04-2010, 11:47 AM
I never thought twice about it when I was married bringing my wifes dresses in to the cleaners. Now I'm single and don't even think about it the first time when I bring in my own.

DonnaT
02-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Some of my better dresses can only be dry cleaned, so yes, been there.

renee k
02-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Yep, do it all the time, no biggie!! Even enfemme!

Renee

Phyliss
02-04-2010, 03:07 PM
The lady who works at my local cleaners commented that I was wearing a practical skirt for a chilly day. It went to about midcalf. Dropped off 2 dresses, one skirt, 3 blouses. She had read the Obit about my wife, so any idea of "faking it" would have been a waste if time, besides I don't really care what she thinks.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
02-04-2010, 04:05 PM
When I lived in LA and NY, or I should say when I was trying to I did fluff and fold a lot and my womens undies and skirts would come back nicely folded and washed just as much as my men's clothes were.