PDA

View Full Version : The world may be ready

Skirtboy
08-08-2005, 04:10 AM
The world is changing rapidly. Antiquated social standards are being destroyed. The time may be right for the abolishment of gender-specific clothing. Not the clothes themselves, but the assignment of certain garments to certain genders. All that is needed is a push. A email or snail-mail campaign may do the trick. Writing to people such as fashion designers, feminist groups (not militant), high-profile celebrities, etc. may help to change the old views in a relatively short time. ANy comments?

JoannaDees
08-08-2005, 04:38 AM
It is up to the young and vibrant, such as yourself!! Now put on a skirt, cami and slides and get out there! For all of us!!! Rah, rah, rah.

eleventhdr
08-08-2005, 05:23 AM
Perhaps this may yet happen we can but only hope so. I'm with you on this. Lets hope it finally does happen just this way. Ineed!. Suzy!.

Rachael Warren
08-08-2005, 11:52 AM
Hi Skirtboy, I have been looking at the development of this for over ten years.

There have been many web sites that have come and gone during this time that were trying to promote this issue.

I aggree with the first reply, it is people your age that need to push for change.

Take a look at this site http://www.imff.net/ (International Mens Fashion Freedom) and you will see what I mean.

Oh and remember it isn't illeagle to wear skirts, men can wear whatever they like in public, as long as it protects their modesty. ;)

Lots of love, Rachael.

Wendy me
08-08-2005, 12:01 PM
i have said it before thats all right and fine , but rember if you don't get the message out to the right people then you wasteing your time as not manny people hang out in your closet and to get us all here to agree well thats a given ...changeing mind sets starts with one person and spreads like wild fire if done right...

Natalie x
08-08-2005, 12:28 PM
Wendy's right. We can all have a hand in it, but not if we stay closetted. Many of us are already trying to open doors into society. Even if you only "come out" to your closest and most trusted friends, you will be spreading the word. The number of GGs who have joined lately suggests that we may be making some progress. Don't nobody put yourselves in danger, but it's mostly down to you younger crossdressers to get out there if you can.

Kaye_martin
08-08-2005, 12:50 PM
I agree that the world is ready for a change but I reckon it will take longer than I've got left :( , I'm 52 and I don't think I'll see a change in my lifetime, sad to say.

kaye_martin

Phoebe Reece
08-08-2005, 12:54 PM
If there were no gender specific clothes, how could we crossdress?

Katie Ashe
08-08-2005, 01:16 PM
If there were no gender specific clothes, how could we crossdress?
Well there always is the criss-cross bra, lace up dresses, ankle wrap sandals, fishnet stockings... We'll find a way :lol:

Many of us would like to change the way the world see's us. It's not the fact that we CD, but we threating their mental sexuality... and that's what causes the problem... We are behind you Skirtboy :bunny:

Paula Rae
08-08-2005, 01:53 PM
The world will be ready when the Guys on Wall Street, quit wearing neck ties.

Ricki B

kristi cd
08-08-2005, 02:11 PM
I guess I'm the odd one out here, because I wouldn't want the lines to become more blurred than they are now. Part of the appeal to me is getting all dolled up and wearing stuff I wouldn't normally (get to?) wear everyday. If there was no difference between what I wore as Kristi and what I wore as my "other half", I would lose interest pretty quickly, but then again, that's just me. :rolleyes:

Rainbow6562005
08-08-2005, 02:46 PM
After reading the posts on this thread:

1) Though things have loosened up a good deal in the US, I doubt whether the population at large will ever accept men dressed as women as anything but weird, gay, and subject to violence. With the religious extremists having a good deal of influence with the Bush administration and its allies in the states, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the gains made by folks who are "different" are nullified and new strictures are put in place.

2) The pleasure I get from the CDing I do has little to do with how the wider culture sees us. Even if being a CD were ever seen as OK, I would still do it in private.

Rainbow

carson
08-08-2005, 03:07 PM
There is a statement I will draw from my ex-wife's strong environmentalist involvement:

If the people will lead, the leaders will follow.

Tristen Cox
08-08-2005, 04:54 PM
You know the old saying "talk is cheap"

LouiseCassell
08-08-2005, 04:57 PM
another old saying was - "talk costs loves" and "walls have ears"

Tristen Cox
08-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Actions speak louder than words. We can talk about this forever but getting things done makes things happen.

carson
08-08-2005, 05:08 PM
Another old saying is, "Loose lips sink ships." :think: I'm not sure what that has to do with this, but it looked like we were headed off topic, so I thought I'd jump right in! :D

uknowhoo
08-08-2005, 10:44 PM
I think Carson's right, a picture's worth a thousand words.