PDA

View Full Version : Be the girl . . . feel the girl . . . BE the girl!

Kathi Lake
02-04-2010, 05:15 PM
In my last post (seen here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124807)), I talked about going to my bank to get some "Shopping Funds" for my outing, and our interactions. Basically, they seem to think that I'm a relatively normal guy who just happens to wear fantastically pretty clothes. To that, I plead guilty! :)

I went in today in guy mode, and my favorite teller took care of me. I complimented her on her hair (and her very pretty eyelash extensions!) and her nails. She told me that she was taking tomorrow off to, as she put it, "Get my hair did" with a smile. I asked her what she was going to do with it. She said, "I think it's too curly. I'm going to go with a different color, and straighten it out. I would love for it to look like yours - your girl hair, that is - color, style, everything. All us girls here loooove your hair! It's so pretty, and doesn't even look like a wig." I thanked her and said that I loved long hair, but then again, what guy doesn't? :)

She then asked me if I found any cute boots during my last trip. I told her that "The Boot Fairy" didn't come through, and there were no cute ones to be found in my travels, but I did find a really pretty coat, and told her about it.

Another teller joined in, and told us that a few local stores that banked there were having some sales - Forever 21, TJ Maxx, etc. - and showed us what she bought. She did a twirl to show us the pretty blue ruffled top ($7.50!), and kind of stuck her hind end towards us and wiggled to show off the pants. I said I liked the top and thought the pants were really cute (I told them I loved charcoal gray, but needed to get out of the "dark colors" rut I've been in for the past few years). She then said that she also bought some cute shoes, but they weren't as cute (or as high) as the ones I usually wore. That started a bunch of jealous grumbling on how much they loved my cute shoes, and how well I walked in them. Then my favorite teller started laughing. I asked her what was so funny. She said, "Remember the guy in our group last week, when you were talking about how women understood why you dress up - we do, by the way. We think it's totally awesome - anyway, he's our customer-service manager. As you were walking out the door, we were all watching you walk - him, especially. He said he totally couldn't believe that you were a guy, and said that if he had seen you walking on the street, with your pretty hair, and your shape, and your "nightclub walk" that he would, and I quote, ". . . totally hit that!" He continued, saying "Her walk, his walk - whatever - I have never seen a guy move like that." They laughed, saying that I had a new fan, and asked if guys ever hit on me. I said, "Sure! every time I walk by The School for the Blind." They laughed and told me that I was prettier than I gave myself credit for.

The head teller said that she had danced "a few lifetimes ago" wondered if I had ever taken lessons, and said that I just moved so gracefully and feminine. The girls agreed, and asked how in the heck I did that. I said, "You know, I was putting a little extra wiggle in my walk, just to "show off" a little, right?" They said they knew, but still wanted me to show them how to walk that way. So, in the middle of the bank, I gave them a few pointers on how I walk in heels. I told them it was pretty simple, and gave them the normal, "stomach in ("Oh, that's easy for you to do, you skinny twit!" they said), shoulders back, feet landing on an imaginary line, gentle arm swing, etc." spew. I also stole a few lines from Caddyshack, "Stop thinking...let things happen...and be...the girl. Be the girl . . . feel the girl . . . be the girl!

"It was hilarious to see them walking back and forth behind the counter, cheering each other on. I told them they were so good, they didn't need any help, and should be giving me pointers. I said I had to get back to work to a chorus of "awwwww" and my favorite teller told me to come in more often, as I always was so nice, and gave them something to talk about. They said they wished all of their customers were like me. I said, "dress-wearing doofuses?" They said no, that they wished all of their customers were friendly and fun, although now that they thought about it, they could think of a few guys who would also look cute all dressed up and pretty - not as cute as me, of course. "Nice save!" I told them, and went back to work.

Ladies, this is yet another example of how easy it is out there. They don't see me as an abnormal freak. They see me as a nice person, who happens to be a little extra interesting. Get out there and have fun. And remember, . . .

Stop thinking...let things happen...and be...the girl. Be the girl . . . feel the girl . . . be the girl!

Kathi

LeannL
02-04-2010, 06:33 PM
All I can say is: another great post!

I agree, get out there and enjoy!

Leann

LisaM
02-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Wonderful post, Kathi!

Michelle I
02-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Great post, love this line "Stop thinking...let things happen...and be...the girl. Be the girl . . . feel the girl . . . be the girl!". A great code to live by.:D

Tamara Croft
02-04-2010, 08:02 PM
I've fixed the title ;)

I love reading your threads, they always make me laugh and you are such a nice person, don't ever forget that :bh:

Koka
02-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Awesome post Kathi - Just loved it -

Next time I am out, I will be and feel the girl in me more deeply.

Kisses

Koka

Mistybtm
02-04-2010, 08:26 PM
that was a great post:D.
maybe you can youtube your walk like a girl so we all can learn from you. would be great IMO.

VeronicaMoonlit
02-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Channeling Molly Ringwald as budding feminist Molly in the first season of "The Facts of Life" (pre Nancy McKeon), whenever anyone would say "girls": Women!

Be the woman...feel the woman...BE the woman! Which is quite excellent advice.

Veronica Rogers

Kathi Lake
02-04-2010, 09:42 PM
I've fixed the title ;)

I love reading your threads, they always make me laugh and you are such a nice person, don't ever forget that :bh:Thanks for the title fix, Tamara, and the compliment as well. It's taken me quite a few years to realize that when a woman tells me I'm nice, that it's a compliment, and not a putdown. If I had a nickel for every woman who's told me I'm nice, or, my personal favorite, "you're like a brother to me" I'd be shopping every day. :)

Channeling Molly Ringwald as budding feminist Molly in the first season of "The Facts of Life" (pre Nancy McKeon), whenever anyone would say "girls": Women!

Be the woman...feel the woman...BE the woman! Which is quite excellent advice.

Veronica RogersAlthough politically, grammatically, and chronologically correct, your statement doesn't "flow" as well - too many syllables. :)

Kathi

Lora Olivia
02-04-2010, 10:09 PM
As always Kathi a simply awesome post. I am so jealous

Bailey_in_Mansfield
02-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Kathi, I've had a really, really, REALLY lousy day. But your post really brightened my mood! Thanks a bunch!!!! :D

Kathi Lake
02-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Kathi, I've had a really, really, REALLY lousy day. But your post really brightened my mood! Thanks a bunch!!!! :DBailey,

I'm so sorry you had a bad day, and am glad that I could help in my small way. :)

:bighug:

Kathi

Nicole Erin
02-04-2010, 10:48 PM
I want to be the airborne ranger... feel the airborn ranger...BE the airborne ranger.

Kerigirl2009
02-04-2010, 11:04 PM
So Kathi, I have to ask you --- How do you keep your male side and you rfemale side seperated. I mean for all that you interact with other people. I have never heard you say something like , "I was out shopping and almost ran into a friend or my wifeor whomever may only know you as your male self. Just wondering because this is what keeps me from venturing out.

PretzelGirl
02-04-2010, 11:16 PM
I would say someone is having too much fun, but there is no such thing! I don't remember there being a lot of room in that place, but I can still close my eyes and picture this happening. Who needs clothes to have a good time? Hmmm....not really what I meant. :eek:

Christina Horton
02-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Kathi you are like me in the way we see life. We love life , we love ourselves , we love people too. I love your posts very much and I hope you get all this moving thing done fast , cuz I don't think I can go cold turkey with no posts from you..... I'll got crazy.,.,:/-:, xxdtghfhcff. Excuse me. Just thinking about it made me freek out a bit. Have a good time in you drab time and remember we are here if you need a reading fix..... Hugs girl friend.

Love you Canadian sister (dam it's cold up here.)

Persephone
02-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Another great post! I could just see you and all of these bank tellers prancing up and down the aisles. Were there other customers there? Were they smiling? Or frowning and tapping their deposit slips on their hands?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/FootlightParade-1.jpg

They see me as a nice person, who happens to be a little extra interesting.

Uh, Kathi, that's because even at this distance I can tell that you are a nice person who happens to be a little extra interesting!

But what you project is something all of us probably should continue to work on, which is an air of self-confidence, of being comfortable with who you are, and a genuine interest in other people.

That makes all the difference!

O.K., that makes most of the difference. The rest is your great bod and your personal sense of style.

That seems appropriate in mixed company, Veronica, but when there are no guys present a lot of women say "girls."

I did have one woman get very angry at me for saying "girls" once but I believe it was because I was in androgynous mode and, despite the fact that I'd just been working for two hours as a member of the ladies' auxiliary, she still saw me as "a guy."

Hugs,
Persephone.

Miranda09
02-04-2010, 11:58 PM
A great story Kathi. Well, from what I've seen of you in your posts, you probably do look totally awesome in person. Funny how it seems that most people really don't have a problem with us. Thanks for posting..maybe one day I'll be as adventureous as you and test out the waters!!! ;)

RobynBella
02-05-2010, 03:25 AM
Well, it's easy for you to be the girl, you're gorgeous. But that's very good advice :)

Hali
02-05-2010, 06:22 AM
People are actually curious about CDs and transgender people ..........very very curious, one GG friend of mine said the way she feels about the existence of transsexuals is the same way she feels about the existence of UFOs....lol! yes when pple talk about transsexuals she gets the same excitement as pple are talking about UFOs........so many GGs said something like that (mostly about transsexuals) but they also say much about CDs how they transform and change into something completely different from their natural self.

Yes girls go out and be the girl and feel the girl. pple in my own experience are more curious than disgusted (especially women) about us.

RobynB
02-05-2010, 07:25 AM
Kathi, thanks, you have brightened up my morning.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
02-05-2010, 07:51 AM
I think your second to last paragraph really sums it all up nicely. Yes, being out dressed up, whether it be my style or fully femme, gets noticed as something out of the norm but if you are confident and friendly, people in general will respond positively. It really is that easy! Great post Kathi.

JustWendy
02-05-2010, 07:57 AM
Kathi -
Your post was the last one I read last night before i went to bed. This morning when I woke, I decided to take my first short trip outside as Wendy. I didn't go to bed with that in mind, but I think your post planted a seed. The time I've spent on the site and feeling the support and encouragement, even if it wasn't directed specifically at me, laid the groundwork, but I think your post may have been that extra little push I needed to break the chains of my living room. The stories that you and the other girls share are so important to those of us that are still struggling. I can read your story and say, "that's where I want to be some day" and believe that it's within me to make it happen. Thank you!!!!!
Wendy:yippee:

jennyscott
02-05-2010, 08:17 AM
Thanks for sharing another great experience with us Kathi. Another goal post for me. Perhaps in another two or three years.:) :(. Posts like these keep me positive and hopeful that our society is changing. -- Jen

jennyscott
02-05-2010, 08:20 AM
Kathi -
... This morning when I woke, I decided to take my first short trip outside as Wendy. ... but I think your post may have been that extra little push I needed to break the chains of my living room. The stories that you and the other girls share are so important to those of us that are still struggling. I can read your story and say, "that's where I want to be some day" and believe that it's within me to make it happen.

One step at a time. One experience at a time. Life's a journey! Enjoy it. -- Jen.

JustWendy
02-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Thanks, Jen, and you're right. The best part is I'm really starting to enjoy the journey - taking it one step at a time - toe, heal..toe, heal...lead with the hips.

Wendy:)

Ashley_1962
02-05-2010, 08:48 AM
In my last post (seen here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124807)), Ladies, this is yet another example of how easy it is out there. They don't see me as an abnormal freak. They see me as a nice person, who happens to be a little extra interesting. Get out there and have fun. And remember, . . .

Stop thinking...let things happen...and be...the girl. Be the girl . . . feel the girl . . . be the girl!

great post... couldn't agree more with the reality of the comment above!

Melissa Anne
02-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Kathi, you are awsome! I don't know how you do it. Thanks for sharing your great adventures.

Kathi Lake
02-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Wonderful replies, all! Thanks for adding your thoughts. Let's see if I can respond to a few of you:

So Kathi, I have to ask you --- How do you keep your male side and you female side seperated. I mean for all that you interact with other people. I have never heard you say something like , "I was out shopping and almost ran into a friend or my wife or whomever may only know you as your male self. Just wondering because this is what keeps me from venturing out.Keri, I don't keep my "sides" separated. I have no sides. There is no girl me or a boy me. There is just me. As I've said before, I don't really act at all differently when dressed as a girl (Sorry, woman. Happy now, Veronica? :)). I'm just me. Whether I am really a woman inside, and they're just responding to that, I don't know and don't want to hazard a guess. As to the "Have you ran into anyone you know dressed" question, yes, it does happen. Just a week ago, in fact (story here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124807)). Apparently, I am pretty unrecognizable as my ugly male self when dressed as my ugly female self. :)

I don't remember there being a lot of room in that place, but I can still close my eyes and picture this happening.Yes Sue, this is the branch you and went to. There's not a lot of room, but it worked. They were behind the counter, and I was out in the customer area. The only customers in the place at the time were a few talking with the manager.

Kathi you are like me in the way we see life. We love life , we love ourselves , we love people too.Thanks, Christina. You are correct. We accept ourselves, and I think others see that and respond.

. . . but what you project is something all of us probably should continue to work on, which is an air of self-confidence, of being comfortable with who you are, and a genuine interest in other people.Very true, Persephone! Although I'm not sure if it is self-confidence, a total inability to understand consequences, or stupidity that allows me to go out there worry-free. :)

. . . maybe one day I'll be as adventureous as you and test out the waters!!! ;)One day? Miranda, what about today? :)

Kathi -
Your post was the last one I read last night before i went to bed. This morning when I woke, I decided to take my first short trip outside as Wendy.Wendy, that is wonderful!! Congratulations! Tell us, how did it feel? Is it intoxicating, or what? I'm glad you found it within yourself to be able to do this. I'm glad that my goofy adventures helped you to realize that an accepting world is waiting out there. Have fun with it!

Perhaps in another two or three years.:) :(. Posts like these keep me positive and hopeful that our society is changing. -- JenJenny, I'll tell you the same thing I did Miranda - what's wrong with today? Two or three years is good and all, but today is even gooder! :)

Kathi

JustWendy
02-05-2010, 11:20 AM
You know, Kathi, it wasn't intoxicating at the time. It was very early in the morning, so that helped, but I was very calm. Sitting at lights with cars next to me, walking around. It felt very right and natural. I've been spending a lot of time lately as Wendy, so maybe that helped too. But I gotta tell ya - now I'm bubbly!!!!!:yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee:. Thanks again.
Wendy

Juanita O
02-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Kathi

Another great post i love reading them, I am working up the courage to go out dressed.

SherriePall
02-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Kathi -- Who else can turn a trip to the bank en drab into an adventure? Loved the story.

Engendered
02-05-2010, 04:22 PM
This is so my new mantra!

Frédérique
02-06-2010, 03:15 AM
Basically, they seem to think that I'm a relatively normal guy who just happens to wear fantastically pretty clothes. To that, I plead guilty!

Very perceptive females! :eek:

Stop thinking...let things happen...and be...the girl.

This is my raison d'être. If only I could stop thinking – any suggestions?

Kathi Lake
02-06-2010, 09:32 PM
f only I could stop thinking – any suggestions?Sorry, can't help you there. My problem is starting! :)

Kathi

MissyW
02-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Great story as always!