PDA

View Full Version : Tatoos?

shay
02-04-2010, 07:34 PM
So here is a question that has been bugging me. Do you think that with a lot of visible tatoos takes away from being feminine? I have a whole sleeve and wonder if this will single handedly prevent me from passing? Thanks

Olivia
02-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Well Shay, it prolly won't help. But who cares? If it floats yer boat...lot's of tattoed ladies around. Not my thing but it can be yours.
O

KristinSkye
02-04-2010, 07:56 PM
yeah, its probably not going to help...but then again who cares. I don't have a full sleeve but I do have a large tattoo that fills my right forearm, one under my belly button, one on my left upper arm, and one on each should blade on my back.

what i'm trying to do is find a style of clothing/makeup/whatever that I can incorporate the tattoos into the best i can. who knows, maybe if I find the right outfit & style they'll actually compliment my feminine side every once in a while. like Olivia said, there are a lot of very beautiful tattooed women out there.

Dutchess
02-04-2010, 08:06 PM
I have many ,,more than is just in my album ,,my whole waist is done all the way around and up my belly and am FINALLY starting my back up to my shoulders that is me in my avatar so as a GG I dont think I look too awful manly :battingeyelashes::battingeyelashes: I have gg friends with full sleeves too ..

and my CD-er has most of both arms done ..It is incredibly sexy

Our body art is another part of our lifestyle seperate from CD-ing ,,if you are worried you can cover that up unless like my husband some of his extends down his hand ......
but I am biased ,, I think body art on anyone , done properly , is beautiful.

sandra cd
02-04-2010, 08:08 PM
I have two tat's and I think mine dont make me look very fem, I try to cover them up as much as I can. there on my upper arm and back so its not to bad

divamissz
02-04-2010, 10:50 PM
I think it depends on what tattoos you have, and how they would look on a woman. You could always wear long sleeves, of course. If you went with short sleeves or sleeveless, you need an outfit that works. I'd go for more of an alternative style-rockabilly, vintage, goth, etc.-that has a lot of women with tattoos in it. Dressing like a soccer mom with a sleeve might be fun, but you will get noticed.

As for using makeup to cover the tattoos? It's possible-I used Dermablend to cover a girl's tattoo and it came out nicely. But you'll need a lot of cover, and if you get near anything you'll rub off the makeup.

skirted
02-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Just look at one of the most well known tattooed woman: Kat Von D. she is covered in tattoos but is still extremely feminine. i wouldn't worry too much.

Tina L.
02-04-2010, 11:01 PM
I would say that it depends on what the tats are and where.
also i think some are quite sexy.

Tina L.

Stitch
02-05-2010, 02:02 AM
I personally don't think they do detract from femininity, but many disagree with me. :sad:

I'm getting my very first Tattoo tomorrow. My first boyfriend didn't want me to get one because it "would ruin my beautiful skin" and my current partner doesn't seem overly keen but I've wanted one for awhile and I think they are beautiful works of art (when done well of course :heehee:) I love sleeves, but whether I'll ever be able to get one. People are giving me mixed messages when I tell them. Its been an interesting week. I wonder how people will react when its finished. :eek:

I'm getting mine to represent the new me. How I now follow my own heart. It will be fairly visible too.

If your getting one to represent a part of who you are then who cares if it makes you more or less feminine. A tattoo to me is like art for the soul.

kinkycd
02-25-2010, 10:28 AM
I have a whole sleeve and wonder if this will single handedly prevent me from passing? Thanks

single handedly prevent? no, not one bit

RachelPortugal
02-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Both my wife and daughter have tattoos, although they are all what would be classed a feminine designs. Having said that, a lot of girls have more macho designs, but they are still girls.

I'd say that your tattoos should not be a problem, with the right wardrobe.

Rachael

Loni
02-25-2010, 11:14 AM
looks like i am the one here who belives tatoos are a sin agenst your body.

always have belived they are wrong. done "right or wrong".

and yes they do detract from a womans beauty..

so called "body art" is done in very low budget shops, that can be gone in 10 min, and it costs very big bucks to remove said ink.

but it is your body.

:2c:

sherri52
02-25-2010, 11:18 AM
A lot of tattoos may take away from your appearance depending on the tats. I only have one and it takes away from mine in an open ahoulder dress. First cavalry tat on the left shoulder. We didn't have women in the first cav. Feel comfortable in who you are and you'll be fine. Dress for the occasion, do not overdress and you won't draw attention.

Froggy's Angel
02-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Every woman in my life has visible tattoos, including me.
Look at Kat Von D from LA INK (on tlc) she is COVERED in tattoos and is so sexy and feminine (I love her).
Tattoos are sexy in my opinion, so no, I do not think that would take anything away :)
IMO. :D

kellycan27
02-25-2010, 04:54 PM
I have a tramp stamp on my lower back... my b/f thinks it's really sexy!

jenifer m.
02-25-2010, 06:23 PM
i have two small ones on my upper left shoulder. no strappy dresses or sleeveless for me,but there are still plenty of options.

Toni_Lynn
02-25-2010, 06:27 PM
looks like i am the one here who belives tatoos are a sin agenst your body.

always have belived they are wrong. done "right or wrong".

and yes they do detract from a womans beauty..

You're not the only one. I find them an incredible turn-off

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Staci G
02-25-2010, 06:33 PM
I have them and wear long sleeves only, it helps cover my arm hair too so untill the wife accepts or we are apart I wont be able to shave the arms and will wear long sleeves. I have seen alot of girls with tatoos but as for us it is hard enough to pass without that hassle too

Fran Moore
02-25-2010, 11:32 PM
that having a "full sleeve" would make it difficult or impossible to pass, but the rest of the "tapestry" would have to offset it in a way that was clearly feminine. I am personally "tat free", not out of religious belief, but because tat's and peircings seem to be so "mainstream" right now, and I have always been a "nonconformist" (obviously)! Creative dressing and makeup can eliminate and/or minimize what many might consider to be flaws, and we know women have been doing that since the begining of time. Having said all of that, who really cares? Be happy, be yourself!

Suzanne

tammy
02-26-2010, 10:11 AM
Hi shay, personally I think it depends on the look your going for, for example take a look at XAnne _Mariex album photos, her tattoo’s truely are beautiful and totally suite her style, a very hot feminine look. :)