PDA

View Full Version : My first makeover

PattiL
08-08-2005, 08:37 AM
Ladies,
I finally worked up the nerve to go for a professional makeover. I had it done in Chicago and they are wizards! I couldn't be happier with the results (unless they could redo my voice as well :) ). I'd like your honest opinion. Please take a look at some of the pictures I uploaded at: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pzierdt/album?.dir=/7b52&.src=ph&.tok=phbEgbDBDjk2ooqL
and let me know what you think.

Thanks!,

Patti

Jamie M
08-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Very nice Patti , I bet it felt absolute heaven to have someone pamper you for the day :)

paulaN
08-08-2005, 09:46 AM
I bet you had a great time, you look so nice too, That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. I want a makeover sooooo bad.

Angela Burke
08-08-2005, 10:42 AM
Patti,

You look great!
But why are all the pics from the waist up?

Love Angela XX

Stephanie Mancini
08-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Patti, i'm impressed you look really good , i especially like picture 17 of you wearing the pink outfit in a sitting pose so well done to you for getting out there and making it happen for yourself

Steph

Sharon
08-08-2005, 11:22 AM
Wow -- you look sensational, Patti! Not a hint of anything but a very pretty and feminine girl.
Congratulations!! :)

Marla GG
08-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Wow, you look stunning! Thanks for sharing those with us. I find stories of successful makeovers like yours very inspiring. And it's great that you have so many nice photos to remind you of that wonderful experience.

Tristen Cox
08-08-2005, 12:02 PM
What do I think? Love 'em :thumbsup:

Jasmine Marrie
08-08-2005, 12:27 PM
nice job patti i love the pics

Laurie Ann
08-08-2005, 06:35 PM
You look mahvelous my dear. The pictures seem to show a relaxed confident women.

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-08-2005, 07:13 PM
Girlfriend you look gooood! :thumbsup:

jo_ann
08-08-2005, 07:46 PM
look good.. I'll put $20 down that says you had it done at rori's... for some reason they're makeup technique is very recognizable.

KELLYANN
08-08-2005, 08:34 PM
VERY NICE PATTI! you look soo good in black and white. but i soo luv that pink top! sexy girl :)

KELLYANN
08-08-2005, 08:36 PM
did you go to transformations by any chance?

PattiL
08-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Yes, it was transformations. Again, they're miracle workers.

Tonia
08-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Great Photo's Patti Loved them a very nice selection in clothing very conservative looking.:thumbsup:

Jodi
08-11-2005, 07:45 PM
I had my first make-over done at a Merle norman boutique about 6 years ago. I got up the courage to call. I asked if they had anybody who would do a male to female makeover. The woman replied, "Sure, I do, I'm Donna, the owner. Would you like to make an appointment? It was that easy. I made the appointment for early morning the next week. I was dressed androg, and took my other things with me to change there. It was a great experience. She took her time, did color matching, and showed me the correct way to apply each step in the process. After the makeover, I completed dressing there and went shopping. At a Merle Norman boutique, the makeover is free, if you purchase any of the items that she recommends. I have become a regular customer there and have referred at least 8 other cd's there for makeovers. All that I referred have been very satisfied.

I'm curious what a makeover at Transformantions would cost. At Merle Norman, it could be as little as $10-15 or on up depending upon what you would purchase.

Jodi

Katrina
08-11-2005, 07:59 PM
Lookin good!

jo_ann
08-11-2005, 08:55 PM
most "TG friendly" places like that typically charge $90 for an hour session, and everything else is ala-carte from there (clothing, photos, etc.)

I personally don't think rori's does that great of a job compared to some other places that I've seen in other states (where they likely have actual degrees in cosmotology).. rori's looks like they just read books because they don't really read the face, they just seem to do every makeover similiar judging by the photos on the website (hence why I haven't spent the money to get one done)

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-11-2005, 09:53 PM
Actually here in the Bay Area, Carla's and Adam to Eve charge $65 and $75 respectively. And I'd definitely recommend both of them.

If you're brave enough you can do the department make-up counters. The girls are on commission and that's a great motivator for tolerance. Just remember, my GG friends tell me it's customary to buy at least two items, since they don't charge for the make-over itself. Never done it myself, but I've heard from others that some of the counter girls enjoy the extra challenge. :)

MAC is also very T-friendly -- after all their spokeswoman is Ru Paul -- and you can make private appointments with them. They actually did four evenings of make-up lessons for CDs locally. Took people upstairs to a private room. Unfortunately, I didn't hear about it in time, but I'm told it was great fun.

Olivia
08-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Very nice pics Patti! What a great makeover, you look really good. I agree with those who've said you look quite femme and natural. I think you could pass easily looking that good. Congrats again on the pics and the great time you had. Later, Olivia

PattiL
08-12-2005, 08:00 AM
The first makeover is: $75. Any subsequent ones are: $45.

Fallen Angel
08-12-2005, 09:02 AM
money well spent and you look realy nice i can tell by all the pics that you were just bubling over. thats something ive always wanted to do! i envy you xxx

liz lesbow
08-12-2005, 11:53 AM
$65 at iloveitgirl.com in Fremont Ca. She (owner) does one side and you do the other. great way to learn. you clean up your own mistakes but she is there to help.