PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to be attractive if not passable?

kimdl93
02-05-2010, 11:54 AM
I have to admit, I was looking at myself in the mirror after putting on make up, and I though - not bad for an old broad. I've got nice eyes, a SA told me recently, even w/o mascara or eye shadow... high cheekbones...not bad. But it would be quite an undertaking to disguise my gender .

So what do you think - can a CDer possibly be attractive even if I can't pass? I suppose its all in the eye of the beholder.

Kate Simmons
02-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Nothing wrong with being a pretty guy Hon. Nothing at all.:)

Samantha43
02-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Yes, it's possible.

Joni Marie Cruz
02-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Yes. I even think lots of ggirls can be attractive, too.

Hugs...Joni Mari

So what do you think - can a CDer possibly be attractive even if I can't pass? I suppose its all in the eye of the beholder.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
02-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Of course! I'm a broken record with this but I even think many of us, myself included look better looking as happy crossdressers than when we try to pass. Plenty of folks pass and look dynamite but not all of us are so lucky.

Edit: remember too that the most attractive feature is confidence

Teri Jean
02-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Of course you can, if I can you can to. Beside the real beauty is on the inside not the outside.

Huggs Teri

charlie
02-05-2010, 01:27 PM
I think that people on the street are not really looking at us to see if we are CD's, they are just going about their business. People tend to look at you and fill in the pieces that do not match. They see what they expect to see. As long as you are reasonably dressed and displaying what is expected to be seen on the street (micro mini skirts, garters showing and 6" platforms in red is not what people expect to see), you really do pass to most people.

Brandi Wyne
02-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Of course you can, if I can you can to. Beside the real beauty is on the inside not the outside.

Huggs Teri

Maybe, but we strive for getting the outside all dolled up for others to see and , hopefully, like what they DO see.:daydreaming:

ReneeT
02-05-2010, 01:31 PM
That is, in fact, my goal. Although I pass sometimes to some people, i never pass all the time to all people. However, I do want to always leave the impression that I care about how I look and have at least a modicum of style sense!

kimdl93
02-05-2010, 01:45 PM
That is, in fact, my goal. Although I pass sometimes to some people, i never pass all the time to all people. However, I do want to always leave the impression that I care about how I look and have at least a modicum of style sense!

I think that's a great attitude Renee!

Wen4cd
02-05-2010, 01:45 PM
I've been told I am attractive, but I am certainly nothing close to 'passable.'

If you search your own (personal) archetypes of what has deep meaning to you, and be as honest with yourself as possible, you will probably find an image that represents both you, and what you feel is beautiful, at the same time. Then the idea of passing isn't so important, because you have found yourself.

And if you see parts of you mother in there, don't fret, that means you're doing it right. ;)

msniki48
02-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Kim

Of course it is possible. if you look at most of the girls here in the forum.

the largest percentage look wonderful, pretty , glamorous, natural...or all of the above....but yet...that percentage drops dramatically for who can truly pass under any scrutiny.

yes you can look pretty, and i'm sure you do.

:battingeyelashes:

Kathi Lake
02-05-2010, 02:03 PM
I think Renee has said it best so far. Am I passable? I don't think so. Am I attractive? People have said so, so I will defer to their judgement.

Like Renee, I strive to be the best I can be - hair, clothing, makeup, deportment - and I think it shows.

Kathi

NathalieX66
02-05-2010, 02:31 PM
There are attractive TG's, and there are attractive women. I'm happy to leave it at that. I think it's possible to have attractive feminine features and yet not look so literally genetically female, though we all try so hard in vain to achieve this.

Beauty vs. realistic-ness.....think about it.

Deidra Cowen
02-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Absolutely I see it all the time. They dont' know makeup well enough, or wear wild outfits, wigs that prevent passing. But natural androgenous facial features make them pretty CDs. For that matter pretty guys too. For example Johnny Depp in even in his forties would make for a pretty CD.

Loni
02-05-2010, 03:15 PM
well i must say yes.

not into the big and bold. but i have seen some of the larger gg looking very good.
and if they can look that good to me...then i should be able to make my self look good.

there is a lot more than just having a pretty face it includs the whole look and how you feel about your self.
as in confendence, that is a must, how you hold your self, your walk, the types of clothing you have on, etc.

kimdl93
02-05-2010, 03:44 PM
well i must say yes.

not into the big and bold. but i have seen some of the larger gg looking very good.
and if they can look that good to me...then i should be able to make my self look good.

there is a lot more than just having a pretty face it includs the whole look and how you feel about your self.
as in confendence, that is a must, how you hold your self, your walk, the types of clothing you have on, etc.

Good points - I do tend to look at the GG plus sized models for inspiration and encouragement, as well as a sense of what is proportionate for a taller person.

melissacd
02-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Once you get past the whole nonsensical notion of passing then the answer is yes. You need to learn how to do what women do and accentuate your positive features and as Ryan stated, the best feature to have is confidence. Confidence will take you a long long way. Then passing becomes passe and the adventure becomes about just being yourself and expressing that in whatever way makes you happy.

Melissa

Mandy Burgundy
02-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Oh yea, absolutely. :2c:

jennyscott
02-05-2010, 04:05 PM

I also have to agree with Renee. It reminds me of attempting to speak German in Germany to locals. Once they see you try, they open up and start speaking English to you, lol. After all they want to practice too. I think as long as we can avoid the "call girl" look and dress appropriately for the occasion the outcome would normally be positive, neutral at the worst.

Phyliss Hdson
02-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Hi Kim,
People are always concerned about passing. I hate that term.I am 52 and 6' 6" in heels. I know I don't make a terribly attractive woman, but I do PRESENT well. Make up, mannorisms, attitude. When I am out and about because what people see is what I Present I am always, At least so far, treated like a lady, doors held for me, referred to as Mam, had people buy me drinks, etc.
So yes it is possible to be attractive But if you do not PRESENT the entire image than you will be made every time.

Stop thinking about passing and start tihinking presentation.
Hugs Phyliss.

Joanne Curl
02-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Passing is over rated! I know I'm a fat old guy and when I'm Joanne I'm a old fat cross dresser. However when I'm out as Joanne I always try to look my best and act like a lady. I'm sure people know I'm not a GG but I try to fit in and act like the woman that's inside of me. I'm not hurting anyone and I've never had a problem. My biggest problem is my own self confidence.
Joanne

kimdl93
02-05-2010, 05:28 PM
I see GG women everyday that would be happy with passable too...and certainly wish they could be as pretty as you are Joanne.

FeliciaRivers
02-05-2010, 05:32 PM
I think it is totally posible. It sometimes looks a bit wierd, because we are so used to seeing woman's styles on woman. However, I have seen some guys who look like guys, yet work very well in their girly clothes.

kimdl93
02-05-2010, 05:52 PM
I think it is totally posible. It sometimes looks a bit wierd, because we are so used to seeing woman's styles on woman. However, I have seen some guys who look like guys, yet work very well in their girly clothes.

The more I think about this, the more I agree with you. Not just the clothes but even some make up. I think a lot of guys look good with a little eye make up...androgynous, but sexy.

Nigella
02-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Being attractive is subjective. What would attract me to one type of person may not fit with another, the overall decision is based upon a number of factors and whilst one person may have the same 5 attributes as another, it is sometimes just a mood which will tell them apart.

I might find a girl/boy attractive one day, but can see them 24 hours later and be of a totally different opinion.

Barbara Dugan
02-05-2010, 06:49 PM
I don't think I can pass but I try dress and be attractive,I think we all dress to achieve some form of it.