PDA

View Full Version : Falsetto voice

Super Amanda
02-05-2010, 01:45 PM
I went to CVS this morning, and the girl at the pharmacy who helped me had a high pitch falsetto sounding voice. Think Miss Piggy. I thought she was messing with me at first, it sounded so phony, which is mean to say, but true.

I have never heard a woman with a genuine falsetto sounding voice before. Not that I condone going with a falsetto voice by any means, but is was nice to hear a woman whose voice was out of the ordinary, giving me hope that whatever I end up sounding like may not be so bad! :)

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? It's not that shocking, just a slow news day I suppose. ;)

Nicole Erin
02-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Well, I have heard a lot of women who, if they added just a touch of bass, would have man voices. And of course the falsetto voiced women.

It is funny cause one time my wife's aunt was in our home and I heard her before seeing, and my first thought was "who is that guy in our house?" and looked and it was the wife's aunt.

I have this teacher at school who has an almost falsetto voice, think kindergarten teacher. Tho all the students are 18 and over (even if a few of them still THINK it is high school)

Amanda, the voice is trainable. You look very good in all the photos, similar build as mine, it actually gives me hope. :) If you train your voice properly then passing very well will be no problem for you.

msniki48
02-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Amanda

I have heard many squeeky voices and high pitched voices, but never a true falsetto.

I try to use my head voice rather than my chest...and i listen to my wife ...and try to match her notes in the same octave [yes i play music...lol] i find that i have no trouble reaching the notes...getting the timber right is a little more difficult in that most women i know end a sentance on a higher note...even if it is not a question...i tend to end on a lower note..unless i truly think about it.

I had to laugh...i was in niki mode in my house cooking dinner and the phone wrang..i said hiiiey! [ in niki voice] and my mom goes is vince there??? when i told her it was me....HER VOICE WENT DOWN AN OCTAVE......lol [not too happy]:heehee:

Super Amanda
02-05-2010, 02:15 PM
I have heard many squeeky voices and high pitched voices, but never a true falsetto.

That's what I mean, I think it's rare. For a split second I wondered if she was trans, but I doubt it. I said think Miss Piggy, but it's like a combo of Miss Piggy/Mickey Mouse. The guy before me kept having to say "excuse me?".

I've been practicing my voice. I must admit I've been doing much better. I can find that head voice, but it takes a while to find, and it's kinda hard to maintain, but I can hear improvements the more I practice. I also have this neat software that can change the pitch of your voice to female, or compare your voice to celebrities. It's fun and sad at the same time for me using the female pitch, because there is no way I could ever sound THAT female...

Brandi Wyne
02-05-2010, 02:32 PM
We live with hope and work for perfection. Thank you all for those words of encouragement.

I am a novice at the voice and have a looong way to go.

Karren H
02-05-2010, 04:33 PM
A girl on my hockey team has that uber high pitched voice. And being 5 foot nothing, 95 pounds and cute as a button.. It works for her. But not for me..

msniki48
02-05-2010, 05:32 PM
I said think Miss Piggy,

Amanda!!! i missed the miss piggy part in the thread.

the girl had larengeitis! [spelling sheeez] I just went to my sister in laws for dinner and her friend sounded just like that.... as she got better she was only able to talk in full voice in her lowest register.

it sounded CRAZY exactly like Miss Piggy! we all had to do everything not to laugh.

Super Amanda
02-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Amanda!!! i missed the miss piggy part in the thread.

the girl had larengeitis! [spelling sheeez] I just went to my sister in laws for dinner and her friend sounded just like that.... as she got better she was only able to talk in full voice in her lowest register.

it sounded CRAZY exactly like Miss Piggy! we all had to do everything not to laugh.

Yea, I was starting to think that maybe something was wrong with her throat or something, there is lots of stuff going around, and she does work in a pharmacy, being exposed to sick folks constantly....ewww!

Fab Karen
02-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Way back in high school I recall a girl that was speaking with a falsetto voice- the girl's explanation was that she had moved from ( some midwestern state ) where they talked that way - the female teacher told her to "stop doing that," it annoyed her.

Super Amanda
02-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Way back in high school I recall a girl that was speaking with a falsetto voice- the girl's explanation was that she had moved from ( some midwestern state ) where they talked that way - the female teacher told her to "stop doing that," it annoyed her.

How sad! :( Well this girl was Mexican, I heard her speak Spanish in the same voice. Lots of my bilingual friends voices sound different to me when they speak Spanish, but not this girl!

gabimartini
02-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Voices come in a variety of pitches. However, some stand out, either for being too high (Minnie Mouse) or too low (Beatrice Arthur, from the Golden Girls). That's the whole point: people who have such extreme voices are so infrequent that you sort of remember them.

In my opinion, the most important thing for us as CDers, not to get clocked anyways, is blending is as seemlessly as possible. So, a squeaky voice would tend to hinder our ability to be inconspicuous, whereas a middle-ranged voice would not make people take a second look.

My two cents.