PDA

View Full Version : How old is that in "girl years"?

Sarah Doepner
02-05-2010, 04:22 PM
I just got a note from MSN telling me that my Sarah email account is now 10 years old. Wow! And I know I was doing stuff on line for a couple of years prior to that.

I shaved my mustache off about 17 years ago and first dressed fully with makeup way back in my teens.

I'd like to dress my age, but I'm not sure how to calculate it out in "girl years". Any ideas?

AllieSF
02-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Well, speaking from experience (I am older than dirt, more like a rock before it deteriorates into dirt), I found a satisfying resolution to this issue. Since I must be reasonable in my correct (not necessarily true) age, I created a workable formula to help me have an age that works as my response when asked my age by nosy people, usually after I ask them their age first! So, I started with an age range of ten years. My current limits are from 39 to 49 years old. Every year over 49 I subtract from 49 until my age gets to 39. At the youthful point, I start adding the excess years back until I get back to 49, my upper limit and start the subtracting process all over again. I actually developed this simple formula when I was much younger, but realized that I needed to tweak it a bit (the upper and lower limits) to be more realistic! It works great for me and leads to a lot of confusing and fun conversations.

Deidra Cowen
02-05-2010, 05:12 PM
OK I am really...errr well ok in my 40s really not lying about that. But Phoebe Cross the makeup artist that does makeovers here in Atlanta told me this cool rule. Since she is a GG thats a none partisan player making the call in my book.

Oh...the rule. :devil:

Men on average have better skin than females. By the time you are 40 a CD on average will have aged 5 less years in appearance. Then Phoebe said full coverage makeup done well takes off 5 more years for both CDs and GGs. So you can minus 10 off the clock if middle aged or older.

You evil little young twentysomething CDs with your smooth baby skin...never mind!!! :tongueout Ya have no worries yet. :Angry3:

msniki48
02-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Men on average have better skin than females. By the time you are 40 a CD on average will have aged 5 less years in appearance. Then Phoebe said full coverage makeup done well takes off 5 more years for both CDs and GGs. So you can minus 10 off the clock if middle aged or older. You evil little young twentysomething CDs with your smooth baby skin...never mind!!! :tongueout Ya have no worries yet. :Angry3:

Deidra, i think that only works in your 40's....when you get to the fifties, like me, your skin ages twice as fast....so subtract 5 yrs for makeup....ok i should be about 76:heehee:

I just got a note from MSN telling me that my Sarah email account is now 10 years old. Wow! And I know I was doing stuff on line for a couple of years prior to that.

I shaved my mustache off about 17 years ago and first dressed fully with makeup way back in my teens.

I'd like to dress my age, but I'm not sure how to calculate it out in "girl years". Any ideas?

Great Thread Sarah!

makes you think....lol

ArleneRaquel
02-05-2010, 05:31 PM
MsA was born in 2004 @Jack Bennys age, 39. Im now 45. :straightface: :lol2:

Tina L.
02-05-2010, 09:13 PM
I probably look like an old fifty but i dress like like a teen. does this help?

Tina L.

sherri52
02-05-2010, 10:13 PM
I usually go by how I feel on any given day. It always seems to be younger than I actually am.

Joann0830
02-05-2010, 10:30 PM
My Belief of how old I am is not when I first dressed but when I realized when I knew I was different fom the other boys and wanted to be a girl. It was at age 7, so I dress accordingly. My question to you is when did you realize that you had your feminine side. I hope that helps Joann0830:battingeyelashes::heehee::love:

docrobbysherry
02-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Well, I'm about 60, and Sherry's about 10.

So, that averages out to about 29, rite!?:brolleyes:

ArleneRaquel
02-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Well, I'm about 60, and Sherry's about 10.

So, that averages out to about 29, rite!?:brolleyes:

U bad ! :devil: :battingeyelashes:

Rachel Morley
02-06-2010, 01:44 AM
I have absolutely no idea other than to say that in girl mode I look at about ten years younger, and then add to this in pictures (with the right lighting) I can look another 5 years younger, ..... in other words, in boy mode and in real life, I'm a major disappointment! :sad::sad:

Frédérique
02-06-2010, 03:06 AM

I say dress as young as you wish, Sarah. I dress like a conservative schoolgirl or a schoolmarm, but it’s all academic to me…:heehee:

Seriously, I think crossdressing makes us think, act and feel younger. The folly of youth, perhaps. Of course, if I was young, I would dress to feel (and look) older – go figure…:idontknow:

Sarah Doepner
02-06-2010, 10:49 AM
maybe.

Take my boy age and subtract 5 years for makeup. Does that include hair? My wigs are much younger looking than my natural hair. Subtract another 5 years for good male skin (non-smoker, so that helps I guess). Subtract another 10 years because crossdressing makes me feel younger and gives me energy. Take away another 5-10 years just for the hell of it. Then divide the total number of subtractions into the boy age and multiply by the number of pairs of shoes you have.

Then dress how you feel and lie about your age anyway. Right? Right!

Staci G
02-06-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm 51 (for 14 more days) I was told by a SA at the Avenue store I look no older than maybe 38-40 :daydreaming: anyway I didn't have on makeup so if I subtract that out I must be hmmm 51 (for 14 more days) :D But I aged well and I am fighting it all the way. I hope to be 40 really soon