PDA

View Full Version : Crippling storm.

SuzanneBender
02-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Ok girls a little over a mile walk to the metro station in a city cripple by a blizzard gives a gal time to think.

As Suzanne was out and about in the winter wonderland I couldnt help but look up at the apartment buildings and homes and wonder how many gals were taking advantage of the halt caused by the storm to dress up today.

Northeastern girls how many of you took advantage of this day?

NathalieX66
02-06-2010, 06:39 PM
My TG support group meeting got cancelled this evening because of the east coast blizzard. Funny thing where I'm at about 60 miles northeast, there's not a speck of the white stuff. So I'm contemplating heading into New York City all dressed up. Why waste a perfectly good evening?:battingeyelashes:

anonymousinmaryland
02-06-2010, 08:12 PM
I wore pantyhose and a longline bra while shoveling today. And who knows what tomorrow will bring? Warm and happy shoveling to you all. AIM.

sherri52
02-06-2010, 08:21 PM
This Ohio girl took advantage in my store with bra, forms , flowered jeans, and light makeup. Only two customers, wiped off the makeup and through on my coat as if I were going to shovel. Only one mentioned the flowered jeans in which the very clolrful flowers go all the way down the leg.

SuzanneBender
02-06-2010, 09:28 PM
My TG support group meeting got cancelled this evening because of the east coast blizzard. Funny thing where I'm at about 60 miles northeast, there's not a speck of the white stuff. So I'm contemplating heading into New York City all dressed up. Why waste a perfectly good evening?:battingeyelashes: I hope you went. If you didn't I will taunt you tomorrow.

I wore pantyhose and a longline bra while shoveling today. And who knows what tomorrow will bring? Warm and happy shoveling to you all. AIM. Its the perfect shoveing appearal. I heard the Virginia Department of Transportation was requiring all plow drivers to wear pantyhose and bras.

This Ohio girl took advantage in my store with bra, forms , flowered jeans, and light makeup. Only two customers, wiped off the makeup and through on my coat as if I were going to shovel. Only one mentioned the flowered jeans in which the very clolrful flowers go all the way down the leg. You rock girl, but why wipe off the makeup. The worst you can do is show them you have taste.

meri
02-06-2010, 09:31 PM
I spent 3 hours digging out of the damn thing. We had 14" on the ground.

PhillyGuy2Girl
02-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Here in Philly,we had 22 inches. I shoveled my walkway and sidewalk,cleared the snow off my '08 Explorer and put it 4x4 high and drove around with no problem. Its now after 10pm here,going to put on my femme sweater and go for a nightime walk with my wife all femmed up.

Felicity:)

RADER
02-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Hay: Where is that Ground Hogg, Let him shovel the snow, He ordered it
with his 6 more weeks of winter. The nerve of the pest.:D Rader

Aubrey Green
02-06-2010, 10:24 PM
I have been following your storm. It is insane! We were supposed to get rain here all weekend. Luckily, here on the central coast we were mostly spared. I just went to KTLA in Los Angeles and they caught our rain, 4 inches in 24 hours. After those huge wildfires last summer, they are getting battered with mudslides. Lots of houses and cars destroyed.
Yes, I am thinking alot of you ladies stayed around the house and took advantage of the conditions. It is crazy!!

Nicole Brown
02-06-2010, 10:24 PM
By the time the storm ended here in central New Jersey, I had about 10 inches of snow piled up on my driveway. So I did the only thing I could think of and put on a pair of black stretch pants, a purple turtle neck sweater and my black boots. I added a ski jacket, tied my hair back and put on a pink baseball cap and went out to clear the snow.

Several hours later I finished with the snow blower and shovel and went back inside to clean up, shower and put on a dress.

Nicole

dilane
02-06-2010, 10:36 PM
I have been following your storm. It is insane! We were supposed to get rain here all weekend. Luckily, here on the central coast we were mostly spared. I just went to KTLA in Los Angeles and they caught our rain, 4 inches in 24 hours.

Yes, here in LA, we got more rain than I've seen since '98 (the last big El Nino year). Alot of my large backyard was 3-4" deep in water. If it were snow it'd be about 30-40" of the white stuff.

-- Diane

PhillyGuy2Girl
02-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Hello again ladies. My wife and Just got back in from our walk. I was dressed femme and there were a few people out shoveling,clearing their cars off,etc. We just walked by and no one paid any mind. It was great to go out all dressed femme and walk around.

Felicity :)

cdinmd206
02-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Wife is snowed in at her part time work place (waitress at a local hotel) and daughter is spending the weekend at a friends house so I have the house to myself all weekend. It has been nice to stayed dressed up, but due to the possibility of losing power the makeup has stayed off. It's Hard enough making sure to get it all off with bright lights. With just a flashlight and candles it would be a real problem. Shoveling snow and having your makeup running is a no no also.
Here is Southern Maryland we have lucked out and only got about 16 to 18 inches total and I have had power continously. Some friends lost power early Friday evening and still have no power.

NathalieX66
02-07-2010, 12:30 AM
I hope you went. If you didn't I will taunt you tomorrow. .

I sure did! The streets of Manhattan are bone dry as of 10pm. Not a speck of snow, but a bit windy actually. However, parking was difficult, but I managed to find a space down in Soho and walked for a quarter mile around a few blocks. I stopped into a New York style deli and bought a few items. The store patrons didn't pay much attention, but the guy behind the register had to look twice. At least I went out in public. Yay! I wore pretty much what have on in my avatar because it was the same day. Never took it off, plus a long black women's wool coat & a plum colored long scarf.

jennyscott
02-07-2010, 01:28 AM
There was no time to take advantage of this time off for me. Although stuck home with a loving wife and two wonderfully mischievous kids I was very busy clearing off the 30"+ from our very long driveway. In the process I toasted my lower back. Ahhhh the relief of Bengay and Advil. At least work was canceled for me on Sunday.

--Jen

Aubrey Green
02-07-2010, 01:33 AM
Yes, here in LA, we got more rain than I've seen since '98 (the last big El Nino year). Alot of my large backyard was 3-4" deep in water. If it were snow it'd be about 30-40" of the white stuff.

-- Diane

Yes, we got battered two weeks ago. With most of the towns around here getting up to 9 inches in 5 days, and alot of huge winds.

Frédérique
02-07-2010, 08:04 AM
As Suzanne was out and about in the winter wonderland I couldnt help but look up at the apartment buildings and homes and wonder how many gals were taking advantage of the halt caused by the storm to dress up today. Northeastern girls how many of you took advantage of this day?

I actually miss the blizzards and Nor’easters I experienced in New England. Heavy snowfall always left me with an insatiable craving for ice cream! When I lived in Massachusetts, we had a barn about 75 feet from the house. After digging out our very long driveway, I would shovel a path to the barn and escape into my crossdressing world within (I kept all my stuff, except makeup, in the barn for safety). All warmed up from shoveling snow and wrestling with the snowblower, I would dress up and frolic in the barn to my heart’s content – this was all I could manage under the circumstances. I never minded the cold. I also used to dig a path around a large field behind our house, just to be able to walk around briskly in one of my pleated skirts, regardless of the temperature. I loved the feeling of the woolen fabric banging against my legs as I walked – my exposed knees would get very cold as a result, but I loved to make the effort…:battingeyelashes:

Karren H
02-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Besides being too busy shoveling... After shoveling for two days I couldn't lift a makeup brush if I wanted to... Ouch..

Staci G
02-07-2010, 04:59 PM
excuse in a storm will do. Since when does a girl incognito need a reason to dress? hmm I think the storm made it convenient thats all. I wish it would snow some more here my wife gets to work more often.

Sometimes Steffi
02-07-2010, 05:06 PM
I live near Dulles Airport and they recorded 32.4 inches, an all time record. I shoveled 4 or 5 times (mostly with the snow blower) at 6 to 8 inches each time. The only way to keep up with it. Each time I came in, I had to undress to get my wet clothes off. No girl time today, with the snow and everyone else home.

Megan70
02-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Whoooo, I had to turn off the air conditioning in my car up here in Upstate NY, I was getting too cold. I just finished mowing my lawn which started back growing early and decided to take a nap outside on my hammock in my tank top, shorts and flip flops.Got the outdoor TV on to watch the game at 6:18. Boy a cold beer oustside on an 81 degree day sure is great in Februaray.
Sorry to hear about all your others minor inconveniences, shame! ...( lol)

RADER
02-07-2010, 11:22 PM
I guess it is our turn; Chicago is forcasted to get 10" on Monday PM to
Tuesday PM. O' Well, back to plowing again. UGGGG Rader :sad:

SuzanneBender
02-08-2010, 07:53 AM
Besides being too busy shoveling... After shoveling for two days I couldn't lift a makeup brush if I wanted to... Ouch.. TEE HEE. Girl you need to buy some lighter brushes because here comes round 2.

I managed to find a space down in Soho and walked for a quarter mile around a few blocks. I stopped into a New York style deli and bought a few items. The store patrons didn't pay much attention, but the guy behind the register had to look twice. At least I went out in public. Yay! A stroll through Soho and stopping by the deli. You don't get more NYC gal than that. You go girl!

Suzanne- It's because it keeps them awake!! :) (shoveling in panties is required, though..MD law) :) I wonder if the panties law is how they keep the road plow operators awake? If it is I am going to try to get a job with at state DOT. Watch out for lacie panties when you shovel. They chaff.

I guess it is our turn; Chicago is forcasted to get 10" on Monday PM to
Tuesday PM. O' Well, back to plowing again. UGGGG Rader :sad: Hey keep it out there with you. They say you all are sending it towards us on Tuesday. I am tired of hanging out in a hotel room.

Hay: Where is that Ground Hogg, Let him shovel the snow, He ordered it
with his 6 more weeks of winter. The nerve of the pest.:D Rader Thats what we get for listening to a varmit!

Wife is snowed in at her part time work place (waitress at a local hotel) and daughter is spending the weekend at a friends house so I have the house to myself all weekend. It has been nice to stayed dressed up, but due to the possibility of losing power the makeup has stayed off. It's Hard enough making sure to get it all off with bright lights. With just a flashlight and candles it would be a real problem. Shoveling snow and having your makeup running is a no no also. Whats a little eyeliner between friends. LOL

By the time the storm ended here in central New Jersey, I had about 10 inches of snow piled up on my driveway. So I did the only thing I could think of and put on a pair of black stretch pants, a purple turtle neck sweater and my black boots. I added a ski jacket, tied my hair back and put on a pink baseball cap and went out to clear the snow. That is the way to move snow! The only thing better I could think of would be put on the dress and flirt with your neighbor until he moves your snow for you. LOL

excuse in a storm will do. Since when does a girl incognito need a reason to dress? hmm I think the storm made it convenient thats all. I wish it would snow some more here my wife gets to work more often. Ohhhh stop that! Enough with the wishing for snow already. How about wishing for a balmy 80 degree day like the one in Megan's head. That sound soo much better

Madilyn A.
02-08-2010, 08:51 AM
In the Philly area, we got hammered with about 28". I spent good portions of Saturday with my snow blower and shovel. By late afternoon, pooped. Went out with the wife in the early eve and all the bars and eateries were closed. Came home, too tired to dress. Would have much prefered an apron and vacuum instead. Made up for it on Sunday though !!..........Madilyn

JustWendy
02-08-2010, 09:00 AM
I'm another Central NJ girl, and I agree, we got about 10 inches, though hard to tell because of the drifts. I had my daughters with me, so no dressing, just some sledding and snowball making with my 5-year old. However, we had a much smaller snow earlier last week that I used as an exuse to telecommute and I did take advantage of that day to dress. I love those bonus days. It's like being a kid again and hearing your school announced on the school closings. Of course, back then it was like this past weekend, all I did was play in the snow.

Wendy

Wendrme
02-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Whoever said that she shoveled the snow in her longline bra had the right idea. Talk about proper back support!!!! You should write into the Help Suggestions at the local paper and give this idea. Then walk around and envision what all those snow shovelers are enjoying under their wool plaid shirts. Snow storms could be a boost to the longline bra business.

eluuzion
02-08-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm in the Rockies, so we get lots of snow (like today's snowstorm coming down right now). But it is different with dry snow and low humidity. The sun can pop out the next day and I'll shovel off the sundeck and do some sunbathing. Kewl eh?

I am surprised nobody is out there building snowgirls. I am always out there building "people, animals, and Indy Cars" in my front yard. Food coloring spray bottles and all! But they melt way too fast...

yes, I am the weird, eccentric nut of the neighborhood. Wuts new? lol

kimdl93
02-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Here in Houston we had clouds and 58 degrees...boring weather. I'm originally a Midwestern Girl - I miss the snow!

anna kate
02-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Not a snow flake fell in my area of NY. Offered to bring my snow plow to Virginia to help out, but inlaws said they didn't want me to come and take thier fun away. So, I stayed dressed all of Saturday and Sunday. Didn't go outside though, my imagination is not as good as Megans'.

SuzanneBender
02-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Sara the workshop was canceled today but I spent most of it redoing our facilitation plan to make up for the lost day or days as it looks right now.

Anna I would be happy to ship you some of what we have and they are now talking about another 20" by Wednesday night. I can't wait to get back on that plane to Kansas.

Yes we get 20" of snow but then it turns 60 and melts the next day.

I did find a cute pair of gray snow boots on sale. No more wet feet.

msniki48
02-08-2010, 09:44 PM
My TG support group meeting got cancelled this evening because of the east coast blizzard. Funny thing where I'm at about 60 miles northeast, there's not a speck of the white stuff. So I'm contemplating heading into New York City all dressed up. Why waste a perfectly good evening?:battingeyelashes:

Yes my meeting was also cancelled, so I spent most of the day as niki....then took of the wig to work the snow blower....came back in....ohhhh my mascara!!!! .....lol:eek:

guess i should have cleaned my face too before going out....the things we girls do....:battingeyelashes:

NathalieX66
02-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Yes my meeting was also cancelled, so I spent most of the day as niki....then took of the wig to work the snow blower....came back in....ohhhh my mascara!!!! .....lol:eek:

guess i should have cleaned my face too before going out....the things we girls do....:battingeyelashes:

I went to NYC, and when I came home I got chased by a cop because I had one headlight out. The cop dissapeared when I pulled into my driveway. My next door neigbor is a cop in my town, so i can only imagine what kind of evening it would have turned out to be with all the flashing lights.

SuzanneBender
02-08-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm another Central NJ girl, and I agree, we got about 10 inches, though hard to tell because of the drifts. I had my daughters with me, so no dressing, just some sledding and snowball making with my 5-year old. However, we had a much smaller snow earlier last week that I used as an exuse to telecommute and I did take advantage of that day to dress. I love those bonus days. It's like being a kid again and hearing your school announced on the school closings. Of course, back then it was like this past weekend, all I did was play in the snow. What a wonderful picture Wendy. A night on the red carpet in a designer dress cant compare to sledding and snowball making with the little ones.

I'm in the Rockies, so we get lots of snow (like today's snowstorm coming down right now). But it is different with dry snow and low humidity. The sun can pop out the next day and I'll shovel off the sundeck and do some sunbathing. Kewl eh?

I am surprised nobody is out there building snowgirls. I am always out there building "people, animals, and Indy Cars" in my front yard. Food coloring spray bottles and all! But they melt way too fast...

Snow in Colorado is totally cool. DC is a little to flat to have any fun on new powder. Although my ski bug is really jonesing right now because of all of this snow!
Everybody is too busy shoveling to make snow women.

I went to NYC, and when I came home I got chased by a cop because I had one headlight out. The cop dissapeared when I pulled into my driveway. My next door neigbor is a cop in my town, so i can only imagine what kind of evening it would have turned out to be with all the flashing lights.OMG! How nerve wracking was that. Did you know your light out or did you have no idea why he was following you. I have not had the pulled over by the cop experience yet.

guess i should have cleaned my face too before going out....the things we girls do....:battingeyelashes: Was it mascara or greese? :heehee:

Julogden
02-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Tonight they're forecasting 10"-13" with locally higher amounts for the Chicago area over the next 36-48 hours, bah, humbug!:notlistening:

I am ready for Spring. I just need to keep reminding myself that my Crocuses will be up and blooming in a little more than a month (assuming the snow is melted by then). :)

Carol

Sometimes Steffi
02-22-2010, 11:16 PM
Here in Houston we had clouds and 58 degrees...boring weather. I'm originally a Midwestern Girl - I miss the snow!

Yeah, right. I was in Houston on December 4 for business and got snowed in. Flight was cancelled. I had to re-route through Chicago O'Hare of all places to get home Friday night (technically Saturday morning). I would have called the "snow" a dusting of partly cloudy. But IAH didn't have the right kind of de-icing fluid.

baldy1
02-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Storm or no storm let's dress anyway?