PDA

View Full Version : Oh what a night! Out clubbing en femme!

Marla GG
08-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Ladies, last night Angel and I did something that was beyond our wildest dreams. A few short weeks ago Angel had never even stepped out the front door en femme, but ever since our first outing as two girls, we just can’t seem to stop! Last night I took my girl out to a local nightclub, and we partied the night away and had the time of our lives. What an amazing experience. It was our first time, but it certainly won’t be our last!

The club we went to is a well-known gay and lesbian hangout called Faces (http://www.faces.net/default.asp) that also welcomes “friendly straight people.” I had been there a few times, years ago, with a gay male friend, and I remembered the mellow “come as you are” vibe and the wide variety of interesting people that the place seemed to attract. When this weekend rolled around, the opportunity seemed too good to pass up!

We started getting ready about two hours before we had to leave. That was a pleasure in itself. We took our time, drinking a couple of glasses of wine and listening to 80s music as we tried on different outfits, painted our nails, and did our makeup. Here is a picture of us all ready to go out on the town.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3193/facesbefore1pw.jpg

Getting out of the house was a bit of a problem. Our redneck neighbor across the street was sitting out in front of his house, looking directly at our front door. I said to Angel, “We can’t let this stop us. Let’s just go for it.” A few minutes later he started tinkering with his pickup truck, and when he had his head under the hood we made our escape. We are not sure if he looked up or not….we just made a quick getaway and tried not to think about it too much.

We arrived and tried to find a place to park. There was no parking lot behind the club, so I pulled into the parking lot of the club next door. Big mistake. Angel took one look at the crowds of young women and ordinary looking guys sitting on the terrace and standing around in the parking lot, and freaked out. “I can’t do this, I can’t get out of the car in front of these people,” she said. So I backed the car out and drove down the street until I found a space closer to the entrance of Faces. We sat there for a few moments until Angel calmed down. We were both thinking of Sherlyn and her recent posts about going to a club and being too nervous to go inside. Angel could totally relate. But eventually she did get out of the car, and here is the proof.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3231/facescar9ls.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED…...

Marla GG
08-08-2005, 02:58 PM
We had visited the club’s website and knew that there was a drag performance by the Downtown Divas that night, which we were hoping to see. It was advertised to start at 8:00, but when we got there, the stage was still being set up. So we went into the crowded main lounge area to get a drink. “Make mine a double,” Angel said to me in a worried voice. The bartender was a drag queen affectionately known as Large Marge. Angel said that seeing Marge there helped to calm her nerves. While we waited for our Gin and Tonics, I turned to an older, friendly looking security guard who was sitting at the bar, and asked him if he would take our picture. “Okay girls, smile now!” he said.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3808/faceslounge7od.jpg

We nursed our drinks and sat in the lounge for a little while, talking about how amazing it was to be there. Angel told me that the feeling of being out in a club in a short skirt and heels was incredible. We were impressed by the diversity of the people around us. Gay, lesbian, straight, black, white, Asian, Latino, younger, older, slender, heavy, casually dressed, glammed up—no one stood out in that crowd. There were even a couple of other CDs that we noticed. I don’t know if they were drag queens or not; they were dressed in a flashier way than Angel was, with higher heels, bigger wigs, and more makeup. At any rate we were glad to see them. Eventually we moved into the room where the divas would be performing. Before it got too crowded, I snapped another photo of Angel.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/236/facesvideo5ho.jpg

The divas performance was fun to watch. The hostess was a beautiful drag queen who reminded me of RuPaul. She made Angel squirm a bit because she was walking around to members of the audience and “interviewing” them in between acts. We kept thinking we would be the next victims…..but thankfully it never happened. After the show we filtered into the dance area at the back of the club and ordered drinks at the bar there. I gave the bartender a large tip and asked him if he wouldn’t mind taking our picture. We were having a terrific time, and I think our grins prove it!

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/1159/facesdance6na.jpg

As we were standing at the bar, sipping our drinks and getting our groove on, this guy came up to me and said “Do you want to take a shot with me?” Either that or he said “Do you want to take a stroll with me?” I wasn’t sure….I just knew I didn’t want to do either one. So I smiled and shook my head. He was persistent though. “Come on, it’ll be fun!” At that point we moved away to the other end of the room. Angel told me later she was thinking, “Oh my god….there is a guy hitting on my wife right in front of me….I must be passing!” I do think the guy believed we were two girlfriends. After that we decided that we would rather be seen as lesbians, so from that point on we held hands, put our arms around each other, and even kissed once. It was wonderful being free to express our love for all to see. The only thing we didn’t do was get out on the dance floor, because not that many people were dancing. We will have to go back on a Saturday night when the house is packed, so we can really shake our booties.

We finally left around midnight. It is hard to put into words how ecstatic we felt. For any of you who have ever thought about doing this, we want to say….go for it! My only regret is that we did not do it sooner.

Jamie_will_do
08-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Oh wow! You go, girls! Both looking F.A.B.

Love

Jamie xx

Phoebe Reece
08-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Way to go Marla and Angel!
First the movies, now clubbing. What will be next....?

Mx Justina
08-08-2005, 03:26 PM
The THREE most important criteria for going clubbing (IMO)...are:

(1) How trendy-looking you appear (whether femme, unisex or straight looking)

(2) How well do you dance (or how gracefully do you move at least)

(3) How much money can you reasonably part with (rough going for tightwads)

BTW...I'm a tightwad.

Good post and pictures!...hopefully it will encourage others to go out clubbing!

J.

Stephenie
08-08-2005, 03:36 PM
You both look happy and excited to be out and about. So Marla, when is Angel going to tell her side of the adventure?

Rachel Morley
08-08-2005, 03:44 PM
Hi Stephanie,

Marla and I take turns writing these "going out" posts (the last one was written by me), and we both have input into what goes into them. Marla put my side of the story into her post. Thanks for reading and responding.

If I think of anything else to add to Marla's account of the evening, I'll be sure to post my thoughts somewhere in this thread.

Stephanie Mancini
08-08-2005, 03:47 PM
These pics are excellent girls, i like your style the way you do this, Together!

Steph

Stephenie
08-08-2005, 03:53 PM
It must have been nice for you to be able to show affection for one another in public while out. I think that one of the big problems that some GGs have with thier SOs CDing is the thought that someone will think that they are a lesbain. You both are so self assured and can take stength for each other. I can only imagine how wonderful your marrage is.

cosmolovesph
08-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Very nice you 2, glad you had a good time and what progress you have been making!

Keep the outings and reports coming.

Thank yoU!

norbie
08-08-2005, 04:19 PM
One happy couple, so wonderful! Thanks for posting and encouraging others.
Norbie

MichelleGray502
08-08-2005, 04:40 PM
'th outings seen to get better all 'th time for 'th 2 of you. looks like you had 'th time of your life at that club you went to. I have to say 'th more times you go 'th better it gets. it took me 'bout 3 or 4 times to get comfortable to go out dressed femm when i first started doing it quite a few years ago now with that being said i haven't been out dressed femm for quite a while now do certain reasons that i explain to angel in a recent thread.

Anyhow ladies way to go i am very please to see things working out for 'th two of you going out as ladies and like you said go on a saturday night when it is packed and you will 'th time of lifes for sure.

good luck Angel and marla ( keep us posted )

Stormgirl
08-08-2005, 04:42 PM
looked like a good time

Wendy me
08-08-2005, 04:50 PM
wow that was real nice so i can assume that more outting are comming Angel dosen't have to worry abought passing ...you two make a cute cupple.....

Samantha Jane
08-08-2005, 04:59 PM
Hi Marla,

You gals are something else. I must say I admire yours and Angels sense of fun and adventure. :D

Cool post of your night out, a great read and excellent photos. I'm looking forward to hearing about your future outings together. :)

Samantha xx

Deidra Cowen
08-08-2005, 05:06 PM
You two are really knocking down the milestones quickly. Sounds like it was a fun night.

There were even a couple of other CDs that we noticed. I don’t know if they were drag queens; they were dressed in a less passable way than Angel was, with higher heels and more makeup.

If you go out in Atlanta you'd see the same thing...most CDs are a bit flashy in their dressing...but its all cool. After all the object is to have fun. Myself I pretty much go with a conservative look that mimics what the GGs wear out clubbing here.

Again a great post and thanks for sharing the photos and story with us! :thumbsup:

Tristen Cox
08-08-2005, 05:29 PM
You're creating a monster you know that Marla:D
What can I say...

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Laurie Ann
08-08-2005, 06:22 PM
I am happy for both of you. It appears that the two of you are having a great time together.

paulaN
08-08-2005, 06:26 PM
that was a great post and great pics. It looks like you gals had a great time. thanks for sharing you gals are such a great couple.

StephanieCD
08-08-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm getting SICK AND TIRED of CRYING when I read your posts, you two!!

Wow, I'm so insanely jealous, inspired and just plain proud of you both.

Tamara Croft
08-08-2005, 06:43 PM
We finally left around midnight. It is hard to put into words how ecstatic we felt. For any of you who have ever thought about doing this, we want to say….go for it! My only regret is that we did not do it sooner.WOW...... Just looking at the last picture actually says a thousand words. Compare that one to the first one of you and Angel..... the huge smiles, you can just see you both are totally relaxed and having fun.

Ok I have a question..... You say that not long ago you hadn't been out the door, but now look at you both out clubbing :eek: Do you think you have been influenced by this forum and the members to actually get out there and have some fun??

steffie39
08-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Hi Marla and Angel,

Glad to hear that you both had a great time. Nice pics also.

Steffie

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Looks like you two had a great time. The pics say it all.

BTW, in case you're interested, I've heard a lot of Sac girls hang out at the Mercantile on 20th and L St.

Marla GG
08-08-2005, 07:37 PM
Ok I have a question..... You say that not long ago you hadn't been out the door, but now look at you both out clubbing :eek: Do you think you have been influenced by this forum and the members to actually get out there and have some fun??

Oh, absolutely! Angel and I were just talking about that this afternoon. Two months ago, going out was not something we ever thought about doing. We saw it as something for others who were in a "different league" from us. But after reading all the posts by our sisters here who have so much fun going out, we started to think maybe we could do it too. I remember Angel saying, "Wow, going out en femme.... that is something I'd like to do once in my life before I die." So we started seriously experimenting with makeup, bought a new wig, made some wardrobe improvements, and hesitantly ventured out into the big wide world. And guess what? Everyone here was right. We did have to put some time, effort, and money into developing Angel's new public image, but it has really paid off.

The posts that inspired us the most were the detailed ones like Deirdra's and Julie Marie's. They taught us that "passing" is really all about attitude, and that it's okay to be read, as long as you are making a good attempt to fit in with the GGs around you. Now that we've discovered that, there ain't no stopping us!

So....I have said it before and I'll say it again.....

THANK YOU

to the members of this forum who have inspired and supported us in this new phase of our life. I hope that by sharing our experiences here, we might encourage others to follow their dreams wherever they lead.

jo_ann
08-08-2005, 07:50 PM
god bless you marla... if only every wife could be so supportive (and pushing).. My wife accepts it ,but she could care less about getting me to do it.

Adrianne
08-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Hi Stephanie,

Marla and I take turns writing these "going out" posts (the last one was written by me), and we both have input into what goes into them. Marla put my side of the story into her post. Thanks for reading and responding.

If I think of anything else to add to Marla's account of the evening, I'll be sure to post my thoughts somewhere in this thread.

I am happy for you too and both of you too looked beautiful, I hope the show was good too.

Adrianne.

Sherlyn
08-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Thats soooo awesome ...congrats you 2 ......Im jealous now ...or perhaps need a drink :) seriously tho ....just seein the mention of my name reflects on how the forum plays a part in our c/ding lives ....:hugs: and Angel the nerve thing ..is it ever kinda weird eh its like pins n needles ..u wanna but you can't :eek:

Marianne
08-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Just three words.

You go girls!

Trinity_cat
08-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Hi Angel & Marla.
Congrats on having a wonderful night OUT.
The pics where great, but the story - WOW.

If you wanted to make everyone jealous, You succeeded :love:

Rachel Morley
08-08-2005, 08:53 PM
just seein the mention of my name reflects on how the forum plays a part in our c/ding lives ....:hugs: and Angel the nerve thing ..is it ever kinda weird eh ..its like pins n needles ..u wanna but you can't :eek:

Sherlyn..... "u wanna but can't" ..... Tell me about it!

There were 3 times where I was so nervous. The first time was when we pulled up in the other bar's parking lot, there were about 10 young women/girls right next to the space where Marla was about to park our car. I just freaked! There was no way I could of gotten out of the car!

The second time where I was just shaking so much inside, was when we parked up and were about to get out of the car. I just had to gather myself and try to boost my confidence. I always say to myself that "no one can tell that I am a guy" or "everyone thinks I'm a girl"....I tell myself anything that will help. The third time was actually walking into the club. As we turned the corner and got to the door there were 3 big macho looking security guards. I nearly couldn't do it. This is where Marla helps because she pushes gently and then I can do it. I am so glad I was able to do it, the reward always out weighs the nerves in the end....and of course the nerves are getting less and less each time we do it.

tifftg
08-08-2005, 08:56 PM
You girls are so terrific, both for the exploring that you are doing, but more so for the love and affection you are showing for each other along the way. The pictures are a wonderful touch to help give the story life and to emphasize the joy instead of any initial fear. It is so wonderful for you to share the love you are feeling for each other with all of us.

Thanks and keep the adventrures coming. I suspect each one makes the next one a little easier. So glad the two of you found each other.

Hugs,

Tiff

Sherlyn
08-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Angel the shakin thing ..omg ask Kew i could hardly stop it ..it was like the car had tremors ...lol ..but despite her tellin me i looked fine.. dont worry.. that just was not enuff the first time ..ugh!!! second time by myself ..took a deep breath ..went right in ..then a guy with 2 others said Hi!! How are You? ...on my way downstairs it unnerved me a bit ...but kept goin:) this weekend i plan on going and I wont stop and wash the car :)

womanatheart
08-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Angel and Marla,
I can't tell you the joy of reading each thread of your experiences. This one was a thrill from the start. I re-live every moment with you guys (oops - girls!!) Angel - luv, you are a knock out. :) And Marla - you too! :) How about that skirt when Angel was getting out of the car? Is that not fem? You have it girl!!! The pink top and sweater was a great choice.
I am on cloud 9 just reading of your night.
And to think of experiencing it with the one you love! Wow! Ultimate.
Thank you both for sharing it with us.
Go girl!
Love,
Stephanie.

Olivia
08-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Bravo Angel and Marla! You are both inspirations to me and I so enjoy reading about your successes. Keep 'em coming, it sounds like you're both having a great time. Love, Olivia

Stephanie Brooks
08-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Hi Marla and Angel!

Very, very cool!!!! You both give me hope that someday my wife will go out with me en femme. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

laurab323
08-08-2005, 10:41 PM
You two are out of control...Keep it coming!!!

xoxo
Laura

samanthajay
08-09-2005, 02:59 AM
awesome more club goers. i just went out tonight with my freind andgf and had a great time danceing. and to yall who think you cant pass out in public(some o you dont need to worry about it)find a gay bar i know i dont pass that great but hey when i there i dont care cause im in the moment and danceing to the music. marla and angel you guys keep doing it. i have also have to thank this forum for going out because i wasnt doing it untill i came here. luv you guys :D

kathy gg
08-09-2005, 07:44 AM
"Ahh grasshopper you have learned much"

Now next time I hope there is dancing!

There is nothing that beats PDA's out in public with your sweety in chick mode!

So glad your story inspired eveyone!

And the pics are cute! You both look so happy and like you are having loads of fun!

hugs
kathy in canada

rubydiamond
08-09-2005, 02:18 PM
What a wonderful story. You are an inspiration to us all.

DonnaT
08-09-2005, 03:22 PM
Congratulations Angel and Marla! :cheer: Yeah!!!! :cheer:

Sigrid
08-09-2005, 10:28 PM
...The posts that inspired us the most were the detailed ones like Deirdra's and Julie Marie's. They taught us that "passing" is really all about attitude, and that it's okay to be read, as long as you are making a good attempt to fit in with the GGs around you.
What a wonderful story! I especially enjoyed seeing how Angles confidence grew in each picture. :) You two can now add your names to that list of those that inspire. Hopefully, one day, I'll get there too.

Holly
08-09-2005, 10:58 PM
Marla & Angel, you girls ROCK! I'm so happy for the two of you. Thanks for sharing your story, your pictures, and your spirit!