PDA

View Full Version : Being clocked all over again! God I hate the P word

Katesback
02-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Last night I had the most incredible date, perhaps the best in my life. In addition to this date I had some huge firsts take place.

What am I getting at? Yea I know you are wondering. Well my date was a girl! She happend to be my first awesome date with a girl since I transtioned and we did a number of things last night. One of the things we did to was stop at the world's famous Bhaia Cabana bar to see Phillis in her MALE mode.
Funny thing is the night before Phillis and I were there and Phillis had guys hitting on her! Talk about a switch!

In any case the Bhaia Cabana is a straight bar and my data and I are there danicing and kissing in front of the crowd, two lesbians in a sea of straights. I noticed a lot of the people were starring us two girls as two totally out of place people in thier invironment.

I commented to my date that I had this strange feeling because I went from being starred at durring transition to being seamless and then last night back to being starred at. She smiles, kisses me, and said "**** them", "you will get used to it".

My fellow sisters, I went from seamless to now being starred at again and ya know it is not a big deal.

I still shake my head because so many of you are stuck on the "P" word. What you do not understand is the P word mindset automatically sets you up for failure! The day you say **** the world and JUST BE YOU will be the day you realize you CAN do whatever you want!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that if anything since I have joined your forum that some of you have replaced that damm word with words like "Presentation", or "assimilation"!!!!!!!!

Hugs as always.
Katie

JiveTurkeyOnRye
02-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Great post! It's posts like this that keep me coming back to this forum. Your dressing comes from an entirely different motivation and perspective as mine and yet here we can totally agree on something. Fantastic!

Tomara
02-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Hi Kate
Thank you for a great post and well stated , I couldn't agree with you more.
Glad to hear you had a good time with your date and the fact that she was so as a matter of fact must have made you feel good too.
Thanks again
Tomara

carolinoakland
02-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Nail on the head. I used to get stared at too, and lately I figured out that as I get more confident and comfortable THAT'S what people notice, a confident comfortable woman. I agree, if you set for yourself the goal of 'P' you are once again trying to be on the outside what other's expect of you, been there done that. I'll just be a woman thanks, the one I always was, just couldn't see till it was almost too late. carol

tricia_uktv
02-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Yay, Yay, Yay. Totally agree with you. Its about being yourself. Who cares what people think anyway?

MizLutz
02-07-2010, 01:52 PM
A lot of people don't want the conflicts that comes from friends and family but sometimes they just go find new friends and family. Who said your family has to be 'blood' related? I told my sister where to go 2 years ago and my life improved many times over!

Robertacd
02-07-2010, 01:52 PM
What's the "P" word?

msniki48
02-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Last night I had the most incredible date, perhaps the best in my life. In addition to this date I had some huge firsts take place.

What am I getting at? Yea I know you are wondering. Well my date was a girl! She happend to be my first awesome date with a girl since I transtioned and we did a number of things last night. One of the things we did to was stop at the world's famous Bhaia Cabana bar to see Phillis in her MALE mode.
Funny thing is the night before Phillis and I were there and Phillis had guys hitting on her! Talk about a switch!

In any case the Bhaia Cabana is a straight bar and my data and I are there danicing and kissing in front of the crowd, two lesbians in a sea of straights. I noticed a lot of the people were starring us two girls as two totally out of place people in thier invironment.

I commented to my date that I had this strange feeling because I went from being starred at durring transition to being seamless and then last night back to being starred at. She smiles, kisses me, and said "**** them", "you will get used to it".

My fellow sisters, I went from seamless to now being starred at again and ya know it is not a big deal.

I still shake my head because so many of you are stuck on the "P" word. What you do not understand is the P word mindset automatically sets you up for failure! The day you say **** the world and JUST BE YOU will be the day you realize you CAN do whatever you want!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that if anything since I have joined your forum that some of you have replaced that damm word with words like "Presentation", or "assimilation"!!!!!!!!

Hugs as always.
Katie

Still working on it Kate....i guess part of my problem is not being out 100%, just to my inner circle...so traveling under the radar is so important to me.

maybe someday... trust me i do envy all of you girls that can **** you world.

:eek:

SuzanneBender
02-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Sat in the lobby of my hotel yesterday reading my book and people watching. A few people noticed but like you have pointed out there is freedom in being yourself and not being who someone wants you to.

Katie the world would be a better place with more of us around. The pinheaded bigots know it and it scares them. So lets just keep on messing with their minds. Its all about defying gravity.

AllieSF
02-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Way to go Kate. One of my favorite feelings is dancing with someone I truly like and want, and then go into that dream world where the kisses are natural and so out of this world, as the people around us fade into oblivion! Thanks for sharing.

tamarav
02-07-2010, 04:09 PM
So right once again!

Just remember that we have a leg up already. We are so much more aware than most of the people out there.

Shelby
02-07-2010, 04:38 PM
So there I sat in the parking lot of a Thrift store thinking I should go in and look for a new top. I seem to lack nice casual shirts. Well thanks to the economy, this place is really busy all the time. I kept thinking I should just go in, my hair is nice, my makeup is ok and my shape is great and not any worse then who I see going in but wait - oh the eyebrows are bushy and has no shape, well back home I guess. I need to maintain some maleness and the eyebrows are what says guy. I wish I could shape my eyebrows like a woman, that would make my life so much easier and yes passing.

What you said Kate is true, but it is a mental block that is hard to overcome. What was nice was that I parked in the underground garage at my place and decided to take the long way up to my apartment. As I came around a corner I saw a guy washing his car at the other corner. The door I needed was about 40' away from him. He heard my clicking of heel boots on the concrete and looked up from washing his Dodge Charger (nice car) but went back to work again. All he saw was a gal in winter duds and a stocking hat. I little hard to pass judgement on me. I trimmed my eyebrows as soon as I got in and feel better, but the moment is gone and I'm not going to venture out again today -maybe some other day.

Katesback
02-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Yes I know it is hard to get the courage. I know because I lived it. I Know the pain, the suffering, the failure, and all the irrational fears that trans people have.

I know because this was my life! It was my life till the day I said **** it. Then I went through a huge change for the better, I became me!

I will say that the first couple weeks of transition a shot or two of Jack Daniels before I went out took care off some of the fear of facing the big bad world.

Kaitlyn Michele
02-07-2010, 05:30 PM

Hugs as always.
Katie

So glad you had fun sweetie!! :hugs:

Fab Karen
02-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Good going.
But "assimilation"? They'll never take me alive.:)