PDA

View Full Version : Do you look in GG's make-up bags when they leave them lying around?

heathr1
08-08-2005, 04:03 PM
I've done this on occasions.

Including mother's, even now.

Lauren_Phillips
08-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Hi Heathr,

I think its best to have your own makeup. now on occasion I will borrow lipstick from my wife or she will borrow some from me but by and large its away better to accumulate your own. GGs get a bit particular about someone messing with their makeup its sort of a personal thing.

Huggs

Lauren

arula
08-08-2005, 04:08 PM
I used to borrow from my sister, now my wife, plan to buy all my own soon.

Jasmine Marrie
08-08-2005, 04:11 PM
i do all the time i like the frill of it

Brittney M
08-08-2005, 04:14 PM
I don't do this anymore. I have my own collection of make-up now. My wife made sure of that, she bought me my own kit for christmas last year. :) :)

heathr1
08-08-2005, 04:16 PM
I have my own collection, but like to see others too.

LouiseCassell
08-08-2005, 04:18 PM
never without invitation - I would not like it if anyone started sticking their nose into my handbag or make-up bag

Marla GG
08-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Angel shares my makeup with permission, but.....

If I knew that anyone else--an aquaintance, relative, coworker, or even a guy friend--was looking in my makeup bag, I would find that very disturbing. I don't want someone seeing what kind of products I use on my face. That's personal! Unless you have permission, looking in a woman's makeup bag is very wrong!

In fact the idea of a guy doing that just gives me the creeps. You are always posting about your fascination with GGs hair, makeup, and clothes....I wish you would take a minute to think about their feelings, too.

Wendy me
08-08-2005, 04:42 PM
no not at all looking in my wifes bag would be wrong see if someone wanted you to look it would be right out in the open ....my thought is don't go looking unless you realy want to find something you might not want to know abought ...i have never even looked in her pocketbook that's hers ......

Tamara Croft
08-08-2005, 04:43 PM
I can't stand it either. It is really very rude and impersonal to snoop through a GG's make-up bag. How would you like a GG to go through your wallet and see what you have in there, or go through something very personal of yours like an old keepsake box? Where do you draw the line? The next time you think about going through your mothers things, think about how you would feel if someone went snooping through your personal effects. And..... not to send this thread trashy.... but just imagine if you had 'toys' and your mum or friends went snooping and found them and started messing about with them..... would you be ok with that???? or would you be outraged??

You know..... I'm appauled that one would do such a thing, I really am disgusted! :mad:

Stormgirl
08-08-2005, 04:46 PM
I would never do that.

Tristen Cox
08-08-2005, 05:01 PM
No.

Sharon
08-08-2005, 05:13 PM
I can't stand it either. It is really very rude and impersonal to snoop through a GG's make-up bag. How would you like a GG to go through your wallet and see what you have in there, or go through something very personal of yours like an old keepsake box? Where do you draw the line? The next time you think about going through your mothers things, think about how you would feel if someone went snooping through your personal effects. And..... not to send this thread trashy.... but just imagine if you had 'toys' and your mum or friends went snooping and found them and started messing about with them..... would you be ok with that???? or would you be outraged??

If I know what's good for me, I better agree with Tamara here, so I guess it's a good thing that I do.
Respecting one another's privacy is very important, Heathr, and I suggest you think about this before you go "one step too far."

Gina Lima
08-08-2005, 05:21 PM
My best friend (a GG) goes through my purse and makeup bag all the time...So I go through her's all the time as well. I always find my things in her purse and she finds her too in my purse. We just laugh about it. We even share clothes too...An open closet! Although, the bad thing about it is that she always puts a run in my hose! So when I go to wear them, they always have runs!

LouiseCassell
08-08-2005, 05:26 PM

You know..... I'm appauled that one would do such a thing, I really am disgusted! :mad:

Could not have put it better myself. Well ok, maybe I could have done if I had thought the saem thoughts as you! :D

paulaN
08-08-2005, 06:29 PM
no never have never will.

Rachael Warren
08-08-2005, 06:44 PM
I have never had the chance, my GG (wife) has very little make up, she is gorgeous without it!

I have bought my own now anyway, just need to figure out how to use it! :D

I am not joking, I havn't got a clue, and the GG can't advise because she doesn't us it, any advice welcome!

Lots of love, Rachael.

Tamara Croft
08-08-2005, 06:46 PM
I have never had the chance, my GG (wife) has very little make up, she is gorgeous without it!

I have bought my own now anyway, just need to figure out how to use it! :D

I am not joking, I havn't got a clue, and the GG can't advise because she doesn't us it, any advice welcome!

Lots of love, Rachael.Get your GG to join us here, we will teach her how to use it.... muwhahahhahaha....... oh... you could always join the Beauty Forum on this board. There is actually quite a lot of postings on there regarding make-up. I've been on a posting frenzy in there today.. already covered nails and waxing..... perhaps make-up next.... would be a hugeeeeeeeeeee post.... but worth the read ;)

Rainbow6562005
08-08-2005, 06:48 PM
I think that there are boundary violations going on when a person does this.

Rainbow

Tamara Croft
08-08-2005, 06:54 PM
I think that there are boundary violations going on when a person does this.

RainbowWell said!!!

It's like opening another persons mail... you just don't do it.... and yeah.... still :mad: *slaps Heathr!* My mum always said it was 'rude' to look in another womans handbag... same thing applies to make-up bags. I taught my children that and they respect it.

Adrianne
08-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Angel shares my makeup with permission, but.....

If I knew that anyone else--an aquaintance, relative, coworker, or even a guy friend--was looking in my makeup bag, I would find that very disturbing. I don't want someone seeing what kind of products I use on my face. That's personal! Unless you have permission, looking in a woman's makeup bag is very wrong!

In fact the idea of a guy doing that just gives me the creeps. You are always posting about your fascination with GGs hair, makeup, and clothes....I wish you would take a minute to think about their feelings, too.

I would never go though anyone's bag with out them showing me and that includes my girlfriend.
It is something to do of respect of others peoples stuff.

Adrianne.

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-08-2005, 07:25 PM
No, I'd consider it really rude to do it without someone's permission.

LouiseCassell
08-08-2005, 07:26 PM
Well said!!!

It's like opening another persons mail... you just don't do it.... and yeah.... still :mad: *slaps Heathr!* My mum always said it was 'rude' to look in another womans handbag... same thing applies to make-up bags. I taught my children that and they respect it.

You look far too young to have had children.

Tamara Croft
08-08-2005, 07:31 PM
You look far too young to have had children.
Really??? would you believe my eldest daughter is 17?? son is 16 and my youngest just turned 11 ;)

LouiseCassell
08-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Really??? would you believe my eldest daughter is 17?? son is 16 and my youngest just turned 11 ;)

I would find that very hard to believe but if you say thats the case I would not wish to question your honesty, but, you are looking remarkable well on 3!!

Tamara Croft
08-08-2005, 07:37 PM
I would find that very hard to believe but if you say thats the case I would not wish to question your honesty, but, you are looking remarkable well on 3!!Why thank you :o and yeah.... I have 3 children that drive me completely insane..... but still...... they don't snoop in my stuff!!! :lol:

Amelie
08-08-2005, 07:39 PM
I always look in other girls make-up bags, I want to see if they have anything worth stealing.

Sherlyn
08-08-2005, 07:41 PM
DO I !!!!! heck ya...with Kew right in the room ....specially lipstains:)

Bobbie Lee
08-08-2005, 07:44 PM
You bet I do!

Adrianne
08-08-2005, 07:47 PM

You don't look old enough to have a 17 year old, 7 maybe,, what's the secert of looking so young sweetie.

Adrianne.

Tamara Croft
08-08-2005, 07:51 PM
You don't look old enough to have a 17 year old, 7 maybe,, what's the secert of looking so young sweetie.

Adrianne.When I was young... like 5 or something, my mum used to use soap on my face.... ewwwwww..... I hated it!!!! I remember saying to her that it felt horrible. So I refused to use it :p I'm a Beauty Therapist and I know what soap can do to your skin.... so maybe I knew subconciously all those years ago that I was doing the right thing. Also a daily skin care routine helps. You can find my in the Beauty Club.

Jamie M
08-09-2005, 06:51 AM
I've only just learnt what using soap does to your face. Like you, my mother always made me wash my face with soap but unlike you I have only just come to realise that it was doing this that was causing my forehead to go all dry and flaky . oww , yucky :(

I now use nivea face stuff for men and it's really helped to clear it up. Soap , the devils work :evilbegon:

anyway , as for the original question. I've always bought my own stuff and now kelly and I often share the odd item but i would never intentionally go snooping through her stuff.

kathy gg
08-09-2005, 07:24 AM
If you are in the relationship with the gg in question and you have her permission to grab something out of her make up bag or look through for an item, not a problem. My hubby and I borrow stuff from each other all the time.

It is when you are just going through someone's pesonal items that this becomes an invasion of their privacy. I cannot imagine a guy friend snooping in my things without persmission. I can understand boys doing this at a young age when curious and not having any means of purchasing these products on their own. Maybe loooking through a mom or sisters stuff. But any snooping like this past the age of (go out and get a job) is just rude and insensative and shows a lack of maturity and consideration and care for others privacy and feelings.

I don't think you would much appreaciate anyone rifeling though anything that was something important to you, why do it to another? It is wrong.

kathy in canada

Rachael Warren
08-09-2005, 11:46 AM
Get your GG to join us here, we will teach her how to use it.... muwhahahhahaha....... oh... you could always join the Beauty Forum on this board. There is actually quite a lot of postings on there regarding make-up. I've been on a posting frenzy in there today.. already covered nails and waxing..... perhaps make-up next.... would be a hugeeeeeeeeeee post.... but worth the read ;)

Thanks Tamara, I have asked my SO to take a look here and hope that she will.

I have learned so much about me in the few days since I found this forum, and hope that she can find answers to any of her long held doubts etc.

I will eagerly await your monster post in the beauty club.

Thanks for your help, lots of love, Rachael. :)

Clare
08-09-2005, 11:31 PM
My ex was an AVON rep and she had SO MUCH makeup stuff lying around everywhere! I never had to look in her beauty cases, it was right in front of me!

Changing tack slightly, in discrete chats with my wife, she was against sharing makeup with other girls because of germs etc, you know, lippy shared between girls can transfer all sorts of yucky diseases!

She had the same approach with earrings. I once asked her if i pierced my ears, could i share her (lots of) earrings? No, wouldn't do that - i'd have to get my own!

Christine

Mandy Salamander
08-10-2005, 12:47 AM
no,,,never,,,aside from being downright rude and disrespectful, as well as something I wouldn't want done to myself,,seems like a good way to get one's eyeballs poked out!!!,,,,, incidentally, I truly believe I am plausible in public by being well-mannered, as much or moreso than being well-dressed...

hot chelsea
08-10-2005, 11:35 AM
i would never go through a GG's purse unless they asked me to.

HaleyPink2000
08-10-2005, 07:30 PM
My Make up is just that. " Mine "! As my Wife has her own things that belong to Her. Should I intrude by looking in Her bag without permision first? No way. It is just a polite jesture to ask first. If your trying to be sensitive Hun then go by the rules. Try to remember what you might like or
not like. This works for Me mostly. Sure there might be times that even the best plans seem to go wrong. But you can say that you tried to be sensitive to her feelings also. We have been married 25 yrs on the 31st of July this year. I really have learned alot. Smile....

Haley:)

biddy
08-10-2005, 07:37 PM
I've done this on occasions.

Including mother's, even now.
You obviously don't live in Aussie, if so you'd know about Funnell Webs, Huntsmen, Red Backs, White Backs ect, and would NEVER stick your hands in a GGs bag of any nature.:eyez:
Other then that I belive the well manned thing is to be invited too share such nicety's, not be a SNAKE IN THE GRASS and invade anothers privacy, while their back is turned.:thumbsdn: