PDA

View Full Version : The Best Epilator(s)?

Nyx
08-08-2005, 04:19 PM
I have recently discovered how nice it feels to have soft, hairless skin. Unfortunately for me, even a very close shave only really stays perfectly clean for a single day. The next morning I can already see the hair coming back.

Because of this, I chose to try waxing. I went ahead and ordered the "one touch" wax heater, wax strips and wax applicator. I read the manual very carefully and attempted to wax my legs... The result was a mess. It *did* remove the hair very well in some areas, but annoyingly enough, many small areas were left unaffected, forcing me to reapply strips. Worse, a strip can only really be used once, otherwise it leaves plenty of sticky wax residue... And of course, the wax can't be washed away with soap... It requires oil... Not to mention that using a box of 15 strips, I was barely able to remove the hair on the bottom half of my legs!

Being very disappointed with these results, I decided to reconsider the epilator. After all, it does last just as long, it doesn't leave any sticky and unwashable residue, and in the long run, its alot less expensive (not to mention that there are some areas you just can't possibly wax by yourself). The thing is, I already have an epilator. Its an old Braun Silkepil my mother gave me (she didn't use it). Its rather slow, painful and ineffective. It will pull the hair several times before removing it, adding to the pain. Doing my legs really took me an hour with it, and it usually resulted in a few stray leftover hairs and alot of red dots on my legs that take two days to go away.

This led me to wonder just *how much* of a difference it makes to have a *good* epilator. I wonder if the more expensive and newer ones are really more efficient and less painful. I would be willing to invest as much as necessary if I can find myself something really good (well, say $200 maximum)... So imagining price is not a concern, what would you girls recommend? I'm especially interested in epilators you have personally tried, and your personal impressions using them.

Rachael Warren
08-08-2005, 05:09 PM
Hi there, I used to use a Braun like yours, but I too found it to be lacking recently.

I am now using a Philips Satin Ice and I love it. I have been able to go into areas that the Braun just wouldn't touch!

Check my previous posts! :thumbsup:

Lots of love, Rachael.

Nyx
08-08-2005, 11:01 PM
Thanks, I will have to check it out :) Does anybody have other recommendations?