PDA

View Full Version : First time out the house! Yay!!!

gabimartini
02-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Sorry that this is a little long, but I feel wonderful and need to share it!

After dressing I got a severe case of cabin fever. I just needed to get out of the house. Spoke to my SO by phone, she tried to talk me out of it, said we could do it some other day. She was worried about me doing it alone (and she's got a point as there's some measure of safety in numbers).

But in my heart, I knew it had to be today.

And so it was!

Took my car and started driving around town, without any specific destination. Just felt super being out of the house en femme.

Dialed my SO from the road and she just couldn't believe I had done it! I told her it was something like a skydiving jump: if you think too much, you don't do it. I told her I felt confident and that I would like to show her my production, if she was willing to see it.

I picked her up and she thought I looked good. We drove around for a while and then we came upon this deserted square. I parked and said I was thinking about taking a stroll around the place. She opened the door and said: let's go!

And so I did!

Then, all of sudden people started appearing from nowhere. I began to freak out a little, but she said "relax, nobody is going to take a second look". Her confidence helped calm me down -- as she would not have left the car if I didn't truly look passable.

Sure enough, a jogger got past us, not a second look. Then a couple. Same. Then the ultimate test: a lady was walking her dog and coming in our general direction. I told my SO, "let's walk up to her". I got within less than 3-feet of the lady, made a comment about the dog, and she didn't bat an eye!

I just could not believe it, because I never saw myself anywhere near passing. Guess people pay a whole lot less attention to others than we think. Either that, or everybody's gone blind! lol

PS: Posted a pic on my album. What do you gals think? Constructive criticism is welcome, too!

Bree-asaurus
02-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Congratulation! Sounds like you had fun. And you most definitely pass; you're pic looks great!

SheilaK_CD
02-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Good job ! I can so totally remember my first time out of the house en-femme... I was soooo nervous that I couldnt start my car until the 4th try. I didnt have the guts to do it in the daytime. So it was late in the night, well past 10. Drove to the nearby Target. I was dressed in this beautiful red Saree and looked so out of place. The parking-lot was mostly empty and dimly lit. Parked my car but couldnt get myself to come out. Finally I stepped out and took a few steps from my car. Suddenly saw someone step out of the store and I dove right into the car. I was so unbelieveably nervous AND turned ON at the same time !!

Since then Ive done it several times, but never in the daylight. Hoping to do it today. This being super-bowl sunday, everyone's indoors :) :)

sherri52
02-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Very nice Gabi. I would say you pass. Now like a parachute jump you can't wait to do it again.

gabimartini
02-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Thanks for your replies, girls!

Juliannlg
02-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Yes you looked really good! I am still pretty much in the closet.

RobertaM
02-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Fantastic, you get your getting out CD badge

JustWendy
02-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Gabi - your picture looks fantastic - you have every reason to be confident. I know you can't wait to go out again. Congratulations on your wonderful day. This really is Super Sunday!

Wendy

PretzelGirl
02-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Looking good Gabi! The world is your playpen now!

Christina Horton
02-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Your pic looks great Hun. I would never think if I saw you in the mall that you were CD. Not ever. He'll you've got a great body too. Wonderfull Hun just wonderfull.

suchacutie
02-07-2010, 10:04 PM
You look terrific in the pic you posted! I can't imagine anyone not seeing you as a women with that presentation!

Congratulations!

tina

tall sam
02-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Well done on your excersion - its a great feeling! And great to have support. I am not suprised your SO said "lets go". From your photo I would ahve said the same. If you walked past me dresed like that I wouldnt notice you were not a GG.

Enjoy your next outing!

Sam

gabimartini
02-08-2010, 06:57 AM
Hi all!

Thank you so much for bothering to read the long post and take a look at my pics. Means a lot to me!

What can I say about your lovely comments? I mean, you girls are too kind!!

Hugs,
Gabi

SamanthaS
02-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Too bad all of "us" don't have an S.O. as secure as your's is to take that first step with us :) I hope you had fun hon.

Anita Lynn
02-08-2010, 12:54 PM
I wandered over and looked at your pic...
you look so fabulous, If I were a single man and saw you out like that I would probably embarrass myself and get turned down trying to get a date... and I am a straight male.
you really do look good.

Melissa Ann

Rachel M
02-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Bravo to you for wisking up the courage to make that leap. Brava to your wife for being so concerned caring and supportive of you. Now, after looking at you pics... I cant figure out why you think you wouldnt pass. OMG, you look totally natural as a GG. Build of that courage and venture out more.
Rachel m

Rachel M
02-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Bravo to you for wisking up the courage to make that leap. Brava to your wife for being so concerned caring and supportive of you. Now, after looking at you pics... I cant figure out why you think you wouldnt pass. OMG, you look totally natural as a GG. Build of that courage and venture out more.
Rachel m

carhill2mn
02-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Gabi, you had nothing to worry about, especially since you wonderful wife was with you!

Spacey
02-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Feels great doesn't it! I too had a peek at you picture. You look great and need not to worry. Just go out and have fun.

kimdl93
02-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Yup, consensus, not only do we admire your accomplishment, but we agree that you are totally passable and very attractive. You can put the man clothes away and enjoy your life as a girl!!!

CharleneM
02-08-2010, 02:23 PM
You look fabulous darling!

Katie Ellen
02-08-2010, 02:28 PM
I also think you look great in your picture.

My wife's a big supporter and would probably go with me if I thought I had half a chance of not causing a scene. Maybe someday.

You mentioned you spoke. How's your voice?

EllieOPKS
02-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Way to go Gabi !!!! Your pic looks great. you have a warm smile :)

CharlotteW
02-08-2010, 04:11 PM
I cansee why nobody 'read' you. Really passable.

kimberly ann487
02-08-2010, 05:42 PM
From looking at your pix I'm not surprised you passed with flying colors ! Not only that, I hope you realize what a lucky girl you are to have such a wonderful, supporting wife. :hugs:

HannahF6
02-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Well done Gabi, it is good to get out. Believe your SO, people just don't give you a second glance. For the most part someone you meet on the street will assess you in a tenth of second or less. Most poeople are not looking for CDers, they just put you in a box in their heads labelled "woman". Very few people are really observant.

You do look great, by the way.

Hannah

siantv2003
02-08-2010, 07:54 PM
What can I say that hasnt already been said. Can see why your wife wasnt worried - you look every inch a beautiful woman

You're very lucky to have such a supportive wife and we look forward to hearing more from you

Cutedot
02-10-2010, 07:49 PM
As Gabi's SO I have to say she was so beautiful! She was perfectly made up, with excellent beard coverage and her forms... Almost as real as mine! But what made it so amazing was the look of sheer glee on her face. Even as she freaked out at the (slim!) chance of being found out, she was shining with the excitement of being out of the house for the first time. That look, I'm sure, paid 1000 times over all the work of making herself up and all the butterflies in her stomach...

Gabi, you are a beautiful girl, a wonderful friend, and I am so proud of the person you are, inside and out. I love you!

Karaj
02-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Way to go, that has to be exciting. I don't like to go out so much as stay in and have some bedroom fun.

JustWendy
02-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Cutedot - Would it be inappropriate to call for a group hug right now? From what I've learned of Gabi through her posts, I agree that she is a wonderful girl. And now it appears that she is as lucky as she is beautiful for having found such a wonderful and supportive partner. Best wishes to both of you.

Hugs, Wendy

Tricia Lee
02-11-2010, 12:33 AM
You look great! Unless you are 6'2" you have nothing to worry about :)

Jamz1b
02-11-2010, 02:09 AM
WOW! You look like you have nothing to worry about with passing, you look amazing! Congrats!! Im jealous that you have such a sweet heart for an SO.

Catina
02-11-2010, 03:48 AM
Great adventure Gabi!
You are so fortunate to have a supportive SO. It also helps that you're quite passable and attractive. Looking forward to hearing more of your special experiences and an expanded album.
Hugs, Catina

*Note: I just got longer hair style like yours but still not sure if it works for me.
* ref:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125340

Cutedot
02-11-2010, 09:27 PM
You look great! Unless you are 6'2" you have nothing to worry about :)

Tricia,

You hit the nail in the head... She is 6'2"... When we went out, we spoke English all the time, so people would just think she's a big foreign girl. In Brazil women tend to be much shorter. I'm quite petite myself... But, as she put in her signature, "Passing or not, do it with flying colors!". And she was positively glowing! And, not to be a mother-hen (or SO-hen), I thought she looked great...

Fab Karen
02-12-2010, 04:27 AM
There's nothing like the fresh air of freedom.