PDA

View Full Version : A new level of understanding

rachellegsep
02-07-2010, 06:22 PM
What a wonderful 2 weeks its been.

After 14 years of the “I don’t want to see or know” policy of trying to ignore the whole cding issue, it came as shock when my wife has suddenly become more accepting and understanding of the CD issues. She has come to the realisation that the female side of me will always be there. It is an integral part of my inner being and was not something that could be cured with counseling. It couldn’t be denied no matter how hard I tried. Suppressing it only lasts so long, eventually the need to dress takes over. This leads to you becoming resentful and secretive, with you having to hide your feelings, clothes and dressing from your partner. Everything hangs in a fine balance with each partner having the don’t show or tell policy. The fear is that discussing the issues will rock the boat from its state of equilibrium and lead to outright rejection and breakup of the relationship. This intern creates stress in the relationship.

Back 2 weeks - I mentioned that it would mean more to me than anything else on my birthday if Rachel was to received something from my SO – more as a sign of acknowledgement of my feminine side. She said she would think about it. Several days later whilst surfing I came across a site for cd wives. Curious I went in and found my SO had posted there. Reading her true feelings and pent up anger shocked and upset me. I had deduced that my request was the act of cocking the gun so to speak. For several days I moped around keeping it bottled up inside and hiding my true emotions, eventually I couldn’t take it any longer and decided to discuss the whole thing with her. I was expecting the worst… as it happened it was the opposite. We tearfully discussed our problems and I expressed also that the site she was posting on was biased, almost CD hating in a way (counter productive to any understanding as no other viewpoints are accepted), I gave her directions to this site.

Back to the present. - a new level in our relationship started last Sunday. My SO and I went shopping together for clothes for the 1st time, strangely enough we both picked some of the same items. She has also recently become a member here and the FAB forum. Her change of mindset and unconditional acceptance for me as I am with all my faults has encouraged me to be more open. She has now seen pics of Rachel as tells me it doesn’t disgust her. Our relationship has changed for the better with romance coming back into our marriage. I love her with all my heart. :love:

May this site help many others to gain some level of understanding and acceptance.
Rachel

Sandra
02-07-2010, 06:39 PM
That is good to hear Rachel :)
It does go to show that keeping things bottled up doesn't do any good, and being open and honest with each other can imporve things a great deal...ok this is not the case all of the time, but it can help things a lot.

Samantha_Smile
02-07-2010, 06:39 PM
Congrats.
My fiance recently found out about my whole truth and has started posting here too.
I doubt we'd have gotten as far as we have if it wasn't for the support and acceptance recieved via this great little piece of the web.

Really happy for you, I know how liberating and joyfull that initial unexpected acceptance can feel.

All the best
-x-
:thumbsup:

Sheila
02-07-2010, 06:48 PM
that is good news Rachelle :) ........... remember if she would like to talk to other wives and partners our GG forum is a great place too talk with us :)

Sandra
02-07-2010, 06:53 PM
remember if she would like to talk to other wives and partners our GG forum is a great place too talk with us :)

Put your glasses on and read Rachel's post again....her SO is a member of FAB :doh:

Sheila
02-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Put your glasses on and read Rachel's post again....her SO is a member of FAB :doh:

Scary part is I had em on :doh:

Sorry Rachelle :o

sherri52
02-07-2010, 07:22 PM
That's great Rachael. It's nice to hear that an unaccepting GG has turned to at least start accepting. She must also be relieved as romance is returning.

natashab
02-08-2010, 12:32 AM
I love you too honey!!!!.:love:

You been a great husband to me and an excellent dad to our son.
You have shown your love more than any body else and that feminine side does make you more compasionate and loving. For the first time I have seen how beautiful Rachel looks. Realy she is very pretty and very passable. Some of you Gurls might even get a bit envious.

Yes I wanted this relationship to work as we realy do love each other. If not I would have tossed him out long ago...including all those shoes as they too big for me.

I know there might be some gurls out there who might be a little sad as this is maybe not quite the same situation in their relationship but all I can give is a few pointers.

-I DID know from the beginning of the relationship so if there are any young members...it is vital that they do know from the beginning.
-Woman are not realy programed to get turned on by shaved legs and men smelling of Chanel No 5 so have the respect for her and DONT drag the female side of you into HER love nest. With time she will not mind and she might even go out and buy you each matching nighties.
-DONT STOP LOVING HER. The crossdressing is causing some stress in the relationship so she needs to know you love her.
- If there is any other marital problems that is causing hairline cracks in the relationship then the crossdressing is going to make it bigger. You need to be comunicating more and make an extra efford.

To any GGs out there that are not happy with the situation
-They WILL NEVER CHANGE. So stop thinking they going to wake up one morning and take their stash to the Salvation Army.
-You need to make the decition to leave him or JOIN him and changing your attitude. You will make freinds with his feminine side as she is the one coming between the two of you.

Love you lots Rachel
From Natashab

kimdl93
02-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Great to hear positive news Rachelle. I think there are some things to learn from each such experience. foremost is that communication is key, second perhaps is that it takes time. And third, I think relates to Kubler-Ross stages of grieving...one could perceive the revalaiton that your spouse is a CDer to "a loss". And the stages of Anger, Negotiation, Despair and Acceptance pretty much work with any loss, real or perceived. I'm so happy your wife reached Acceptance and that your marriage was stong enough to survive till it happened!

lavistaa62
02-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Whenever I have to work through matters of communication, taste or whathave you with my SO I remember some lyrics from Liz Phair-

"You thought I was something from afar
You thought I'd totally excite you
I guess it's just another thing to stand up close and ignite you
Love is nothing, nothing, nothing like they say
You gotta pick up the little pieces everyday"

More true for those who CD than others perhaps.