PDA

View Full Version : Bee in my bonnet ...

Nigella
02-07-2010, 06:51 PM
... aka another thread about pictures :tongueout

How dissapointed would you be if the picture gallery was closed for ever?

Sheila
02-07-2010, 06:53 PM
I wouldn't be ............. but Debs would just die :doh:

Staci G
02-07-2010, 06:56 PM
HMMMMM well I'd be right there with Debs. I enjoy seeing almost as much as being seen.

Deborah Jane
02-07-2010, 06:59 PM
I guess I would just have to post pics on another forum

sherri52
02-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Then we'd have to link them to "flickr" or "webshots". I guess I better learn to link.

Paula G
02-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Doesn't bother me. I rarely post pictures anyway.

Kelly Greene
02-07-2010, 08:01 PM
I like seeing the pictures, they show me that it is possible to look pretty and I also get an idea of what kind of outfits look good.
if the pictures were to go away I would miss it a lot.

suchacutie
02-07-2010, 08:08 PM
This forum is so multi-facetted that it really would make no difference if one or another part left. Posting pictures on the web is so easy to do in so many places that it just isn't an issue.

tina

Stormgirl
02-07-2010, 08:32 PM
It wouldn't bother me an iota.

StaceyJane
02-07-2010, 08:58 PM
I like the pictures. It gives us a way to show ourselves.
for those in the closet it's a great way to get some feedback.

Engendered
02-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Where are all these topics leading? :)
I'm waiting for the big reveal at the end!

Sherlyn
02-07-2010, 09:31 PM
My time on the forum would be a lot easier :p

melissacd
02-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Not at all, it is about self discovery and not about seeing pictures of yourself. The pictures are helpful mostly to yourself in terms of helping you improve your look.

msniki48
02-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Nigella

I do think i would more than just miss the pics.

I like being able to associate aface with the name...as i had mentioned to you.

i feel a bit closer to that person i am writing to if i can see them,,, or that side of them anyway. it is just my comfort thing:love:

Super Amanda
02-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Seriously? My, my we are fascinated with the pics now, aren't we? :)

It would not even matter in the least. You can post pics on almost any site these days, there would just be a bunch of links.

Is there something you're getting at with all of these threads? Kinda seems like they could all be merged together... (hint, hint,admins :heehee:)

Presh GG
02-07-2010, 11:41 PM
I know it would make the Mods lives/ jobs alot easier. If people would stick to the rules it would be unnecessary to close the picture threads. That is the point here, Right?

I for one like to scroll the photos. I love it when constructive criticism on make-up ect. is asked for and is taken to heart and the next pictures are 100% improved.

My :2c:
Presh GG

Shelly67
02-08-2010, 12:48 AM
The same applies -
would you miss it ?

Nicole Erin
02-08-2010, 01:11 AM
I don't think I would care.
I look at them time to time but it is not the first part I go to

Lorileah
02-08-2010, 01:22 AM
I suppose life would go on. The pictures here are really part of who "we" are and often a history of who we have or will become.

This forum went on without polls. It has lessened the forum in my opinion. But it went on.

Without photos, it would be like the BBS's of the 80's. It would make the forum less fun and less attractive to new members in general.

DawnRodgers
02-08-2010, 02:15 AM
I think that it would make this a much poorer site. In fact, I would likely give up coming here. I think that a pic of the writer of a reply makes it feel more personal and friendlier and, if an avatar is used, I am less likely to skip over the comment.
Dawn

Sheila
02-08-2010, 03:05 AM
Is there something you're getting at with all of these threads? Kinda seems like they could all be merged together... (hint, hint,admins :heehee:)

you mean a bit like all the "pantie, my wife does not approve, why do society hate us ?, I went out, etc threads " .. should they be lumped tog ?

I don't think Nigella is hinting at anything peeps, calm down :brolleyes:

Hermione Simpson
02-08-2010, 03:55 AM
Although I haven't posted photos in their regularly, when I have, I've liked reading what other members think of them, & to see if I should change anything, so I would miss that particular side, but has I could still put photos on my profile page here for people to see & also my facebook page, i would be able to manage, so i'm kind of 50/50

Joanne f
02-08-2010, 04:22 AM
I almost put "it would not bother me" as i do not have much to brag about when it comes to photos of myself, but then i realised that for me to put any type of picture of myself on here was a very big step and i can imagine that it was the same for some others, but i have no problem with the ones who are more photogenic showing themselves off , it is a bit like a television you have the choice to look at it or not .

KimberlyJo
02-08-2010, 05:05 AM
How dissapointed would you be if the picture gallery was closed for ever?

If you're talking about the The Video and Picture Gallery section...I wouldn't miss it at all. I go in there from time to time and check em out, but it certainly isn't the main reason I come here. As far as the galleries we're allowed to maintain on our profiles, that's a different story. I like those a lot and think that not having them would take a significant piece away from this site.

Photos and CDers go hand in hand imo, and the ability to share them with our little community here is something that I treasure very much. You're pretty much the only people I can show them to for goodness sakes. It makes my closet feel just a little bit more roomy and a little less lonely ;)

To be sure, I don't envy the admins and moderators who have to approve and reject every one of those photos. But I do appreciate their hard work in keeping this site civilized.

Stay classy CD.com!
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg63/phearxt/ron_burgundy.jpg

Jeanna
02-08-2010, 05:42 AM
No need to worry. if anything, be glad to know, if you already don't,that anyone can just right click and save all your pics for you and even post them anywhere without your permission.

Jeanna

PretzelGirl
02-08-2010, 06:38 AM
As far as the galleries we're allowed to maintain on our profiles, that's a different story. I like those a lot and think that not having them would take a significant piece away from this site.
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg63/phearxt/ron_burgundy.jpg

:lol: I love irony. :hugs:

Super Amanda
02-08-2010, 10:28 AM
you mean a bit like all the "pantie, my wife does not approve, why do society hate us ?, I went out, etc threads " .. should they be lumped tog ?

If they are from the same person, almost all at the same time, then YES! Duh! I believe during my first week here I was temporarily banned for posting three different threads, about the same thing, which was absolutely the right thing for them to do to me at that time....Just saying! :brolleyes:

kimdl93
02-08-2010, 10:29 AM
I'd be disappointed - its fun to see all the other girls and imagine looking half as good ;)

Super Amanda
02-08-2010, 10:31 AM
No need to worry. if anything, be glad to know, if you already don't,that anyone can just right click and save all your pics for you and even post them anywhere without your permission.

Jeanna

Exactly right. Anyone who wants anonymity, yet posts a picture on the Internet is in for a surprise!

Nigella
02-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Where are all these topics leading? :)
I'm waiting for the big reveal at the end!

Is there something you're getting at with all of these threads?

That is the point here, Right?

No big reveal, no getting at anything, and there is no specific point, Just curious as to why some things are done in certain ways and if they couldn't be done on this site would it bother people.

The same applies -
would you miss it ?

Nope, yes like most I look at the photos, curiosity thats all.

Kinda seems like they could all be merged together... (hint, hint,admins :heehee:)

I guess as the threads are still as originally posted, the admins took my brown envelope :tongueout

SuzanneBender
02-08-2010, 12:55 PM
WOW!!! I didn't expect this thread to go down that road.

Anyhoo, I would hate to see the picture forums close. For young women starting out posting pictures in the safety and perceived security of our sister and brotherhood is important. It provides us with the affirmation that we so desperately seek and for many of us have very few outlets to receive it from.

I would rather post a picture here or on my facebook where I know I am among kindred sisters. Than somewhere else and have some guy emailing me asking me what color my panties are.

My humble, but outspoken opinion, for what it is worth. :2c:

KimberlyJo
02-08-2010, 01:43 PM
:lol: I love irony. :hugs:

lol...dammit!

JulieK1980
02-08-2010, 02:32 PM
It wouldn't bother me a whole lot, but I, like others, like to peruse the pictures. Its also nice to be able to put a face to the person talking in the forum as well.

Ultimately it would make the site a lot less attractive to new members, and many others that have been here for awhile. The site would probably continue, but it would lose a lot from it.

On a side note, what's with all the threads on pictures?

SusanMarie
02-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Dissappointing...

a picture is worth a thousand words.

AmandaM
02-08-2010, 11:18 PM
I would miss it. I like to see what others look like. Their styles, their poses. Kinda validates my internal feelings.