PDA

View Full Version : One simple question or at least should be.

girlalex
02-08-2010, 04:16 AM
If you are single and looking for a partner would you date the man of your dreams if any or a women?

if i like the person for who he/she is then its a go regardless of hes/hers sex or oriantation. in other words its all about chemistry.

so what ya'll think?

Lilly 40C
02-08-2010, 04:56 AM
I Totally agree. Being Bi makes the gender unimportant in a relationship if the chemistry is present.:2c:

Lilly

Joanne f
02-08-2010, 05:23 AM
You date with who ever makes you happy .

Phyliss
02-08-2010, 06:18 AM
Time was, the idea of "dating" sombody of my same gender was not something I'd consider. I'd be very good friends, but, dating was out of the question.

These days, .... well ... thoughts have changed, as well as attitude. If a person makes me happy and they are also happy around me, then the idea of "dating" isn't a bad thing.

Some people close to me, (ie relatives) might not see it my way, but that's their problem NOT mine.

Rogina B
02-08-2010, 06:22 AM
Adate is supposed to be a good time! Make it so..Getting more serious[moving in together]requires more thought and getting married requires a WHOLE lot more thought! You are young,so have fun with your sexuality..enjoy!:2c:

kimdl93
02-08-2010, 11:14 AM
If you are single and looking for a partner would you date the man of your dreams if any or a women?

if i like the person for who he/she is then its a go regardless of hes/hers sex or oriantation. in other words its all about chemistry.

so what ya'll think?

I think chemistry is key, regardless of sexual orientation. I would caution against looking for "the person that makes you happy". You must first find happiness in yourself, grasshopper, before you can truly be happy with someone else.

sherri52
02-08-2010, 11:27 AM
In looking I would look for a woman.

sherri
02-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Ditto for me, too. Why rule out half the dating pool? :D

corynn
02-08-2010, 11:57 AM
I think chemistry is key, regardless of sexual orientation. I would caution against looking for "the person that makes you happy". You must first find happiness in yourself, grasshopper, before you can truly be happy with someone else.

lol ok Mrs miagee lol

Kim gurl thats cute Grasshopper tee hee

Super Amanda
02-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Chemistry is important, but sexual orientation is going to dictate who you will be inclined to be attracted to.

How do you define chemistry? As a mutual positive attraction sexually? Or just mutual attraction in general. In the past, I got along great with guys as regular good friends, and liked to spend time with them, and had great "chemistry", but in a purely platonic way, since I am only physically attracted to females.

I think it's more a 50/50 mix of chemistry / biology.

I like to think I could love any person, regardless ( not irregardless! Lol!) of gender, but in my heart I know I can't be with a man. If that changes one day, I hope I'm around here to report how I came to be that way! :)

Karren H
02-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Guys are suck pigs and idiots... I'm surprised women put up with them. Hence no way would I date a guy. Hell I'm having a hard enough time just being one let alone having to live with another one the rest of my life!! Ick!!

Princess Ludwyna
02-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Normally i'd say women without any hesitations. But they made me weep so many times. Can't trust them. Great manipulators.
Right now i'm considering the possibility to check the other side. Maybe i'll remain alone. Maybe I'll try to lose my illusions again with women. Dunno yet.

kimdl93
02-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Chemistry is important, but sexual orientation is going to dictate who you will be inclined to be attracted to.

How do you define chemistry? As a mutual positive attraction sexually? Or just mutual attraction in general. In the past, I got along great with guys as regular good friends, and liked to spend time with them, and had great "chemistry", but in a purely platonic way, since I am only physically attracted to females.

I think it's more a 50/50 mix of chemistry / biology.

I like to think I could love any person, regardless ( not irregardless! Lol!) of gender, but in my heart I know I can't be with a man. If that changes one day, I hope I'm around here to report how I came to be that way! :)

SuperAmanda makes some excellent points. Who can really explain "chemistry". I think its just a term we apply when things click. I also agree with SA on the nature/nuture matter. Like Forrest Gump said "...I think its a little of both."

and because I'm in such an agreeable mood, I have to say that I cannot imagine living with most of the men I know...there are a few out there that I could imagine doing things with, however ;)

Bree-asaurus
02-08-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm looking for a man, but I wouldn't rule out a woman... I call myself gay, but I think it's more like bi, leaning heavily towards the gay side :-P

I started casually seeing this one guy... things are going well and he knows about the crossdressing (and has TG friends, and he's not too gay if you know what I mean ;-) )... but I'm kind of afraid that this one will end up in rejection. Just for the mere fact that it's one of the few guys I've dated that I really like and it seems too good to be true. And so far all the guys I've dated have been really in to me, so it's about time I get the "I'm just not that into you" speech.

jill_cd_girl
02-08-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm with Super Amanda here. I'd look for a woman. Chemistry is important, but when the chemistry is right with a man, for me this would lead to a good friendship. The reason is that chemistry is one thing and sexual attraction is another.

Speaking only for myself, I don't have it in me at the visceral level, so to speak, to be attracted to men in the way I am attracted to women, no matter how much the chemistry is right.

I remember that movie Chasing Amy and in one scene Amy, being bisexual, says that she doesn't want to rule out half the population in her search for love. What I found somewhat puzzling about this is that it made it sound like she simply chose to be attracted to both sexes. I've thought hard about this and for myself, sexual attraction to a particular sex doesn't seem to rest on my choice.

Andy66
02-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Yeah, chemistry. I think it's the individual person that matters, and the total package.
Male or female doesn't matter that much, although do I lean a little more toward male.

it made it sound like she simply chose to be attracted to both sexes.
At the risk of annoying a few people, IMHO, no you don't choose who you are attracted to, but you absolutely do choose whether to act on that attraction.

Normally i'd say women without any hesitations. But they made me weep so many times. Can't trust them. Great manipulators.
Right now i'm considering the possibility to check the other side.
Sorry to say, bad experiences can happen on either side. But so can good experiences. :hugs:

Leelou
02-08-2010, 03:04 PM
I always enjoy reading posts like this and enjoying the spectrum of sexuality out there.

I'm out of the dating pool--happily married. But before I got married for the second time, I went through a great time when I'd socialize with other T-girls. I had an all-too-brief relationship with one of the CD's in our group. I still have fond memories of her.

So for me, the only guys that I'm attracted to are other CD's.

Super Amanda
02-08-2010, 03:24 PM
I've thought hard about this and for myself, sexual attraction to a particular sex doesn't seem to rest on my choice.

Well said! :) I get your "Chasing Amy" analogy also. ;)

JamieOH
02-08-2010, 05:07 PM
He would have to be uber rich, have no body or facial hair and a body like Jennifer Love Hewitt, then I might consider dating a guy... but I'm married, so I guess I really wouldnt consider dating anyone.. but given the situation where I was back on the market again, yeah, I really like the softness of women... not the putrid, sweaty, hairy look of men...

belindat
02-08-2010, 06:32 PM
I think the key for me would be how they treated me. Would they accept me for what I am or would they try to change me.
In theory I like women. Full stop. But who knows? Can't imagine it tho.

SusanMarie
02-08-2010, 06:48 PM
We are who we are and
The heart wants what the heart wants...
everthing else is just rationalization.

SuzanneBender
02-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Guys are suck pigs and idiots... I'm surprised women put up with them. Hence no way would I date a guy. Hell I'm having a hard enough time just being one let alone having to live with another one the rest of my life!! Ick!!

If you had asked me not long ago I would have given you Karren's reply. But recently some things and some one has entered my life that has me thinking a lot about this topic.

The sure answer is I am married to a wonderful woman and I plan to spend the rest of my life with her unless she can't handle this transition then who knows.

In that case I would probably ask you gals if you knew any uber handsome, successful, witty, athletic men that would be interested in a tall, successful, smarty pants, high maintenance TGal.

Barbara Dugan
02-08-2010, 07:11 PM
I am only interested on guys and I am pretty sure there is one out there for me..:hugs:

gabimartini
02-08-2010, 08:00 PM
I think sexual orientation goes a little beyond chemistry. If one likes GGs, one likes GGs regardless of what they are wearing, be it skirt or in drab. That's my case... (what does that make me, a heterosexual male or a lesbian CDer???) lol

Anyway, guess the same goes if a person likes guys, or even both guys and girls. People should go after what makes them happy, no holds barred!

PippaJ
02-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Im weird tbh. I think im bi, i know im a bottom online, but i dont know if i could ever do something with another guy in real life. I think i could do things sexually, just never be romantic with a guy :/

Super Amanda
02-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Im weird tbh. I think im bi, i know im a bottom online, but i dont know if i could ever do something with another guy in real life. I think i could do things sexually, just never be romantic with a guy :/

*In a "Shrute" tone* Curious. I'm not up on all the terminology, but I think I know what you mean. So you have cyber-sex with guys, right? So I would be correct in assuming you are, at minimum, bi-curious, correct? I'm just not getting the difference between getting off from a man, whether online or in real life.

Kendra Amaya
02-08-2010, 09:08 PM
I know in my case I'm attracted to females, mainly GGs but have considered the possibility of a Tgirl if the right one were to come along.

girlalex
02-10-2010, 03:38 AM
I'm looking for a man, but I wouldn't rule out a woman... I call myself gay, but I think it's more like bi, leaning heavily towards the gay side :-P

O wow. i can't believe this just happened. all of a sudden everything makes sense now that you said this. because thats exactly how I feel.

msniki48
02-10-2010, 04:14 AM

:)
i tend to agree with Amanda...i have a fondness for everyone... but i have chemistry with women..if you want to call that attraction chemistry.

i will do sports or play music with guys, but i will share thoughts and feelings and tears with women... i also only have a desire to get sexually close to women... so for me that is where my chemistry lies.

I have had TS friends that were married as men [ to women] were best friends with their wives during transition... and when the hormones finally kicked in and SRS had taken place...they became attracted to men.

their thought was pure....they were hetero as men...and are still hetero as women...their chemistry internally, changed their chemistry in attraction. they are now married and live happily in NJ

these threads are truly thought provoking

I'm going back to bed:heehee:

Melissa Pink
02-10-2010, 05:12 AM
With me it's all about chemistry. There has to be a physical and emotional attraction for me to date and be intimate with someone regardless of their gender. I have dated men, transgenders. I would also certainly date a GG if she were attracted to me as Melissa. It really doesn't matter what's between their legs. What is between their ears is more important. I hope that this makes sense.

Melissa

Sammy777
03-03-2010, 06:30 AM
I will have to sum this question up with a bit of back n forth:

Aeryn: Pilot, does Moya know where we are?
Pilot: Yes of course ........ We're someplace else....
I'll......... get back to you on the specifics.

[Name the show win a prize, lol]

sometimes_miss
03-03-2010, 09:22 AM
I believe that our sexuality exists on a bell curve; for most, we're mostly heterosexual, for a few, mostly homosexual. Some are completely bi, and find themselves attracted to either sex at various times. Me, I was sexually abused by a male for many years. I was tormented and beaten by male classmates throughout my childhood. I suppose that because of that, and various other reasons, I have an inherent distrust, dislike, and disgust in other males. It's one big reason I don't have many male friends, and the ones I do have I am always a little suspicious of them trying to take advantage of me in some way, and sadly have had that confirmed in more than a few instances. That said, I'm only attracted to females. Even the stink of a men's locker room makes me a bit nauseous.

victoriamwilliams1
03-03-2010, 09:39 AM

I am 100% in agreement with you!

He would have to be uber rich, have no body or facial hair and a body like Jennifer Love Hewitt, then I might consider dating a guy... but I'm married, so I guess I really wouldnt consider dating anyone.. but given the situation where I was back on the market again, yeah, I really like the softness of women... not the putrid, sweaty, hairy look of men...

This had me laughing.

Now for me I have now found over the past few years that as Victoria I am not attracted to men or women with one exception! I shop at Payless and the guy who worked there was always nice to me and each time he kept getting nicer and on his last days there he turned on the charm and me as well and for the first time in my life I found myself physically attracted to a guy while in girl mode! Now in guy mode when I thought about him it was nothing! but in girl mode it was on.

For weeks I have been thinking that when some of us are in a female role and as time has gone on, have we adopted a female view of men thus while in our female mode we consider ourselves as heterosexual women and in male mode we are heterosexual men who chase women. I know for me when dressed I will acknowledge a gentleman however I have 0 attraction to him and I do not find women sexually attractive while in girl mode. So with that when in girl mode I am asexual:)

Ellen James
03-03-2010, 10:16 AM
A part of the internal dialogue that resulted in the recognition that I enjoy dressing en femme and being recognizable female at times (and just as much enjoyed being male at other times), was the recognition that I am also physically attracted to both men and women.

The universe being the strange place it is, a day or two after I admitted to my wife that I am so attracted, I encountered two younger men at a place where I work as a volunteer - and had an amazing moment as I am answering their questions in my role as volunteer while thinking "wow, is this guy hot! and his friend isn't bad either, wonder if they're a couple?" :battingeyelashes:

However, a piece of this recognition was also the reality that I am much happier and more comfortable sexually within a committed relationship - since I'm currently in one of those with my wife of some 20 years - the attraction to men is rather theoritical though it raises questions about what might have been. :daydreaming:

Life's a trip - :)

KarenHiller
03-03-2010, 10:18 AM
If you had asked me not long ago I would have given you Karren's reply. But recently some things and some one has entered my life that has me thinking a lot about this topic.

Welcome to the dark side :) You're adorable.

With me it's all about chemistry. There has to be a physical and emotional attraction for me to date and be intimate with someone regardless of their gender. I have dated men, transgenders. I would also certainly date a GG if she were attracted to me as Melissa. It really doesn't matter what's between their legs. What is between their ears is more important. I hope that this makes sense.

Melissa

Yes, I agree. It's about the person, not the genitals. Be cute, be funny, treat me right and I'll be there :)

You both look like GGs and you both look happy. :)

Loni
03-03-2010, 01:05 PM
i guess i would just have to cut my chances in half.

i love girls, only girls. as male normal sex, as loni i would be a gay woman.

as loni would probley date a f - m,

it all depends on what life throws at me.

Lynn Marie
03-03-2010, 03:08 PM

This quote really made be laugh. Sexually, it's women who turn me on. I even like them socially! Men are fun too, but like Karen said, they're pigs.

Frédérique
03-03-2010, 04:42 PM

Yes, it’s all about chemistry – organic chemistry…:heehee:

What you’re talking about is essentially unknowable. I’m trying to be the person of my dreams, rather than look elsewhere for someone to fulfill my “qualifications.” I am single, but, since I’ve gone through a lengthy dating period in the past, I’m content now to muse on other things that have escaped me (in regards to orientation, sexual or otherwise). Using my artistic license, I can create the person of my dreams and keep it (visually) close by. It’s only a surrogate, but at present I’m not inspired to go “orienteering.” At my age, I’m lucky to have a functioning memory, and this keeps me amused about what might have been (yet still could be)…:thinking: What I’m trying to say is yes, I would go around with anyone (as opposed to going out with someone), as long as they possess a sense of wonder about things. Am I asking too much? How about this:

It’s true a male and female are the norm in society, so that’s why I think a connection between two souls is more important than a physical connection. (Kazuma Kodaka)

Guys are suck pigs and idiots... I'm surprised women put up with them.

Yeah, I noticed...:straightface:

Sophie
03-03-2010, 04:52 PM
In my opinion, which is of course the most important one!!!:tongueout... you can't help who you fall in love with. What does love know about gender? i happen to love a woman and am monogomous so I'm hetero. I may have met a man i loved, i guess that would make me gay. but in my opinion, love knows no bounds!!

sophie

Karen564
03-03-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm more attracted to the Bruce Springsteen type of guy's, but I could settle for the Doctor / Neurosurgeon type if my arm was twisted a bit...:D

For me, I 1st look at the whole package, but in the end it's more about the chemistry AND what's in a persons Heart that I lean towards, rather than looks alone, although if he looks like some dirt-bag, and doesn't take care of himself, then forget it. I'm not interested at all...so it sure would be nice to have all of it in one package....and hope he has another nice package too...:heehee:

But also can't say that I would flat out reject a woman either if it felt right, even though that's not what I'm looking for...one never really knows until it happens..:love:

dana digs sweaters
03-03-2010, 06:40 PM
CHEMISTRY Definately, but that only happens on a two way street. It takes less than two seconds to know if your attracted to someone. What you are looking for, might not be looking back at you the same way. Chemistry and natural attraction are influenced by what is between the legs. If you don't like the view, then change the channel. Any length of companionship will be determined by what is also between the ears and what is in their heart. The rollercoaster of lifes emotions should be enjoyed and shared.

sherri
03-03-2010, 06:55 PM
O wow. i can't believe this just happened. all of a sudden everything makes sense now that you said this. because thats exactly how I feel.You might be surprised how many gays feel that way. More than you probably think.

Fab Karen
03-03-2010, 08:12 PM
I'm not LOOKING for a partner- if I met someone really special I'd consider it. But to answer the question, being pansexual, it's all about chemistry for me, a person's mind & personality as well as looks, regardless of gender/gender-identity.

Rebecca W.
03-04-2010, 04:17 AM
QUOTE=Sophie;2066406]In my opinion, which is of course the most important one!!!:tongueout... you can't help who you fall in love with. What does love know about gender? i happen to love a woman and am monogomous so I'm hetero. I may have met a man i loved, i guess that would make me gay. but in my opinion, love knows no bounds!!

sophie[/QUOTE]

Go with your heart.:love: This issue runs as deep as the emotion to crossdress. Do you suppress your feelings or should you open the door and see how it goes? I am in the "open the door" phase of just being a CD and accepting it. When you "dress" is the feeling stronger for a man or a woman, or does it really matter? We are born with the desire to be a woman and that is how you should feel about being with a man or a woman, it is not a choice that you are born with.

When you are with a man or a woman, how do you truly feel inside? Take it slow, and change your body actions when you have good vibes towards a special person in your life. See how they react to you and enjoy your life showing your true inner feelings, to someone that you love.:hugs:

PM me if you would like to talk more about this.

Your friend:hugs:

lori m crawford
03-04-2010, 06:39 AM

so what ya'll think?

i wood if i was dress as a women but not as a man

gigiluv
03-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Super Amanda hit it on the nail for me. The key phrase is "for me" The rest of you should do what you want. We dont need to manufacture more closets, we dont need the ones we have (except of course for the one my shoes are in).

kellycan27
03-10-2010, 06:24 PM
O wow. i can't believe this just happened. all of a sudden everything makes sense now that you said this. because thats exactly how I feel.

What's the difference? Once the clothes come off what have you got? :strugglin

kimdl93
03-10-2010, 06:29 PM
I'm not LOOKING for a partner- if I met someone really special I'd consider it. But to answer the question, being pansexual, it's all about chemistry for me, a person's mind & personality as well as looks, regardless of gender/gender-identity.

I've been with both, both can be great...both can be lousy, or OK, regardless of how you are dressed at the time.

cute_michelle_cd
03-12-2010, 04:20 PM
I have always be of the mind set....You are attracted to the person.. who ever it maybe. Not a gender or anything. I have tought that to my daughter and that is why she is friends with a very wide range of people.