PDA

View Full Version : true or fault

slamddoger
02-08-2010, 06:54 AM
if you are a crossdressers that there no cure for crossdresser so best thing is to accepted your salf as crossdressers .

Juanita O
02-08-2010, 08:22 AM
:iagree

StaceyJane
02-08-2010, 08:28 AM
You're right. Finding self-acceptance for me was the first step in being happy with myself.

MargaretJ
02-08-2010, 08:33 AM
I didn't know it was a disease, or that it needed to be cured. I do it because I enjoy doing it. No need to worry though, it isn't communicable.

Joanne f
02-08-2010, 08:35 AM
If you really wanted to you could give it up but how many really want to .:heehee:

jasmine57
02-08-2010, 08:41 AM
I know there is no cure but I am so happy I don't care.

Jocelyn Quivers
02-08-2010, 08:57 AM
A lifetime of stress, sadness and misery disappeared when I realized at least for me there was no cure. In addition I am no longer such a grumpy person.:)

Rianna Humble
02-08-2010, 09:02 AM
if you are a crossdressers that there no cure for crossdresser so best thing is to accepted your self as crossdressers .

There can't be a cure for something that isn't an illness.

But yes, if you are a cross-dresser, it's best to accept yourself for who you are. If you are also transgender, then IMNSHO it's best to be proud of that fact.

suchacutie
02-08-2010, 09:04 AM
I must admit I look at this from another perspective (hah...don't I always do that?). I didn't ask for a feminine perspective as part of my life. It took me 55 years and a loving spouse to understand that Tina exists. Please note that I had no trauma about my gender before our discovery, although my life would have been much more understandable had this discovery been made 30 years earlier!

The real "cure", IMHO, is a change in society to remove these artificial gender barriers, leading to an understanding that our biological sex and our mental approaches to life are not necessarily linked. When judgement about our gender decisions is no longer made by others, we will have all been cured!

In the meantime, as long as we don't break any civil laws, our gender choices are our own, to be shared with our intimates and anyone else we choose.

So, in answer to the original post, let guilt and indecision be a thing of the past as we all explore our mind's approaches to our lives in whatever gender is most appropriate.

my :2c:

tina!

eluuzion
02-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Your question is much to generalized to provide a meaningful reply.

The word "cure" suggests that crossdressing is an "uncurable" disorder or disease. Many would argue that point.

Crossdressing, like any other paraphilia or potentially compulsive behavior, is comprised of extreme variations in definition, desire, self-control, and interest.

It is not like heroin, where the physical "addiction" is a predictable consequence of engaging in the behavior.

Speaking in terms of "desire" might be more realistic in the nature of your question. It is a psychological issue, which is always going to depend on individual circumstances...cognitive disposition and influential experience biased.

Oversimplified version...

The "desire" may be lasting, but the ability to supress or discontinue the behavior permanently is possible for some, but not all.

kimdl93
02-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Just for fun - true. but I tend to agree with elluuzion - life's far more complicated!

sherri52
02-08-2010, 10:53 AM
What would we do if we weren't crossdressers? Our excitement would leave and we would have to find something else to excite us. I can't imagine anything taking it's place.

Katie Ellen
02-08-2010, 10:58 AM
A lifetime of stress, sadness and misery disappeared when I realized at least for me there was no cure. In addition I am no longer such a grumpy person.:)

I couldn't have said it better.

Actually, my wife encourages me for those very reasons.

PretzelGirl
02-08-2010, 06:16 PM
What a mixed bag in one question.

I will skip the discussion of the using of the word cure as that has been addressed sufficiently.

Then I would say accepting yourself is always a good idea. I am a firm believer in life being fun and enjoyable. Not accepting yourself cannot take you down a good road. the lack of self-acceptance, in my opinion, leads to things like depression, isolation, sadness, and self-doubt. So enjoy who you are stop worrying about it.

Then there is a underlying premise that a person cannot stop crossdressing. I know that most here say you can't which leads me to the opinion that the large majority can't. But as we learn here time and again, you can't group everyone into one little neat package. Why can't someone quit? Whose to say what a person's reason for dressing is and if you don't know the reason, you can't presume the ability to walk away. So I do believe there are those that can quit. They may not be in the majority, but they are out there (I could be one for all I know).

Rianna Humble
02-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Then there is a underlying premise that a person cannot stop crossdressing. I know that most here say you can't which leads me to the opinion that the large majority can't. But as we learn here time and again, you can't group everyone into one little neat package. Why can't someone quit? Whose to say what a person's reason for dressing is and if you don't know the reason, you can't presume the ability to walk away. So I do believe there are those that can quit. They may not be in the majority, but they are out there (I could be one for all I know).

I may be oversimplifying, but I think that people here fall into 3 broad categories which also determine how easy or impossible they find it to stop:

1 The fetishist who has no desire to be or pass as a woman (or man for FtM)

2 The crossdresser who has no desire to BE a woman (or man for FtM) but does want to PRESENT as one

3 The transsexual who IS a woman (or man for FtM)

1 may find it more or less easy to stop if they are not also transgendered

2 IMHO nothing they say or do will change that they are transgendered, so stopping for more than a relatively brief period is not an option

3 has no reason to want to stop

But as I say, this is probably a gross oversimplification

NathalieX66
02-08-2010, 08:23 PM
:cool:
The word "cure" suggests that crossdressing is an "uncurable" disorder or disease. Many would argue that point.

Crossdressing, like any other paraphilia or potentially compulsive behavior, is comprised of extreme variations in definition, desire, self-control, and interest.

This is gonna get a lot of argments from some of the girls here.
According to the DSM-IV, a paraphilia (listed as a disorder, btw) is something that involves being aroused by inanimate objects such as wearing 7-inch stiletto heels.
OCD and gambling addictions are disorders too.

The thing is with crossdressing, many folks do not need the fetish thing to be a motivator for crossdressing. It's more about personal expression. Therefore, the term paraphilia is not applicable. In fact, I find that word degrading.

You do it because you want to....because women want to, in the same way you want to.

But I think in reality, crossdressing stays with us for life. I do not believe that eradicating the desire to CD would help anybody. It's just another burden and a form of self-oppression. Why look at crossdressing as a vice? When you have lemons, make lemonade!:shades:

VanessaVW
02-08-2010, 08:27 PM
I know there is no cure but I am so happy I don't care.

I agree with you. I also like ice cream and I'm not giving that up either.

Jenny Beth
02-08-2010, 09:02 PM
I didn't know it was a disease, or that it needed to be cured. I do it because I enjoy doing it. No need to worry though, it isn't communicable.

No but it's addictive. :heehee:

sterling12
02-08-2010, 09:09 PM
I can think of a "Cure" for Crossdressing. For virtually all of us, The Cure would come when we die, and they lower The Box into The Ground.

Now, if you want to wait around for that outcome, be my guest! The rest of us will work on self-acceptance and enjoy our "gift" while we are living.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Wen4cd
02-08-2010, 09:13 PM
if you are a crossdressers that there no cure for crossdresser so best thing is to accepted your salf as crossdressers .

....which you then come to find is the 'cure' you were actually seeking. But don't fret, our little shadows will move on to other things, dragging us through life until all aspects are accepted. This is ok.

Lainie
02-08-2010, 09:29 PM
skip the term "cure", which implies a disorder, and just ask how you would know if there are any ex-crossdressers in the world. Recovering alcoholics and addicts may talk about it, even ex-cons may mention it some times. But here, you only will encounter active continuing CDs, more working on expanding it than on cutting back.

pernille d
02-09-2010, 01:30 PM
cure or no cure , illness or no illness we are what we are , and even though there is a way out or a "cure" as some would put it i for one would not take it , and i wonder how many others would take it .crossdressing is a deep complex thing an the funny thing is even though it makes my life really hard and stressfull, i would not change it foir the world , as in a sentence " its part of who i am " so what i am trying to say is try your best to be who you are

JustWendy
02-09-2010, 01:50 PM
:cool:

The thing is with crossdressing, many folks do not need the fetish thing to be a motivator for crossdressing. It's more about personal expression. Therefore, the term paraphilia is not applicable. In fact, I find that word degrading.

You do it because you want to....because women want to, in the same way you want to.

:shades:

Bravo! What she said ;) !! :clap:

Nicole Erin
02-09-2010, 02:04 PM

That sounds like something Jessie Jackson would say.
But it is also true, umm, I think?

Rianna Humble
02-09-2010, 04:36 PM

But I think in reality, crossdressing stays with us for life. I do not believe that eradicating the desire to CD would help anybody. It's just another burden and a form of self-oppression. Why look at crossdressing as a vice? When you have lemons, make lemonade!:shades:

:go::iagree::yt:

Cross dressing for many of us has nothing to do with obsessions, sexual or otherwise, and certainly nothing to do with paraphilia.

I have tried the route of eradicating the desire to cross-dress, and it didn't work - it only made things worse :sad:

Cross-dressing is absolutely not a vice, it is part of who we are, to deny that is to deny our true selves.

Alice B
02-09-2010, 05:00 PM
I yam what I yam, said Pop Eye the Sailor Man.

Ruth
02-09-2010, 05:03 PM
There are some words that really set us off on this forum and paraphilia is one of them (I'll resist the temptation to list the rest).
We've said many times and at great length that we are a mixture of people here. Any bit of psychology/psychiatry jargon that has ever been applied to a crossdresser is very unlikely to be applicable broadly, if at all, to the members here, and can often be offensive.
Likewise the idea that CDing is subject, or otherwise, to a cure.
If someone wants to stop the practice of crossdressing for whatever reason, that's one thing, and something we can usually sympathise with, but it's a whole other thing to talk about a cure for CDing. Like we said, it isn't a disease, so why should there be a cure?

Laura_Stephens
02-09-2010, 06:19 PM
There is no "cure" for having blue eyes. The question is presumptive for those like me who have been wearing since a very earlyage.

AKAMichelle
02-09-2010, 07:05 PM
definitely TRUE

charlie
02-09-2010, 07:08 PM
True. The best thing is to just accept yourself and be as happy as you can. Quitting has not been an option....tried to no avail.

msniki48
02-09-2010, 07:15 PM
If you really wanted to you could give it up but how many really want to .:heehee:

But only for a time my dear....only for a time.....once you taste the forbidden fruit......you will always come back...it's just a matter of time.:heehee: