PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmm?

Lisa Maren
08-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Hi everyone

I just had a neuropsychologist (who tested me for ADD, verifying I have that) tell me that I should see an endocrinologist to see if there's anything there behind my crossdressing.

Has anyone ever had that suggested to them?

Has anyone ever seen an endocrinologist for that reason and was it helpful?

Can't imagine what an endocrinologist would do other than maybe put me on testosterone. Frankly, I don't consider my CDing a problem to be corrected, don't think I need more testosterone (and don't really want any), and worry that taking testosterone would change my behavior and personality and basically turn me into exactly the insensitive macho male that I could never bear to become.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Hugs,
Lisa

Jasmine Marrie
08-08-2005, 06:56 PM
it sounds like your drocter is trying to turn you into something you dont like to be in maybe you should get a second opion

Deanna
08-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Now there is a question for the group. I have found over many years that I like who I am and will not change because some fruitcake says that I have a "problem". I am not here to be a psychologist but if one is not infringing on anyone and it feels good then I say DO IT. I personally like myself better when I am Deanna because she is my very best friend.

Hugs & Best Wishes,
Dee

Tristen Cox
08-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Pretty simple answer really: if you don't want to do something, don't do it, unless your life and/or health depends on it.

MarieTS
08-14-2005, 04:13 AM
Lisa-- interesting point about the endocrinologist consult. Some time ago I read the biography of the famed TS Renee Richards. The title of her bio was "Second Serve": a very clever title as she had been a tennis pro.
Richards was also an eye surgeon! Anyway, prior to transitioning the doc prescribed HR, not to feminize but more so to neutralize the effects of the high levels of testosterone that an endo had discovered. Richards, also a an MD thought that was a "brilliant" move, because the medical hypothesis was that high testosterone levels were making him SO oversexxed that it triggered his desire to be female. Anyway, that didnt really work out, and she eventually had SRS and lived happily ever after. But the point being, at the very least, it would be informative to see what your androgen/estrogen ratios are.