PDA

View Full Version : Last week at happy hour

Lainie
02-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Ok, I look like the grim reaper, but I had a lovely time eating a light dinner on the patio at Benjy's in Houston's Rice Village. One lady in the bar gave me a double take, waitress & bartender didn't bat an eye. I had just come from my favorite fashion resale shop, Act II on Stella Link, where I bought a dress and a couple of sweaters--including this one. good thing, too, because it would have been too chilly without it.

Pink crystal beads and a salmon-colored silk blouse provide a subtle feminine touch, n'est-ce pas? Shame about the moustache...

Lainie
02-08-2010, 09:20 PM
After dinner I wore the same outfit around the corner to the mail box, with the dogs. Really a short trip--down my driveway, along one neighbor's sidewalk. It's dark, chilly, about 8:30. No one will be out, right? Except of course here come 3 people--one small man wearing a surgical mask (must be a Japanese person with a cold), a teenage girl (his daughter, surely), and one other who might have been his wife or an older child, didn't get a look, really. But the dogs tried to herd them, and we passed close enough to shake hands (didn't) on the sidewalk. I went on and got the mail, but one of the dogs persisted in barking at them, and they turned around in front of my house and headed back the other way! So now we do it all again, up close and personal, barely enough room to squeeze by. :doh:

I hope this doesn't come back to bite me, later.